Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 12-31-2011, 09:02 PM

Everything looks good kids! xD

I should really get to updating this thread. But after lunch. So I don't become cranky looking at all this deliciousness on an empty stomach!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-31-2011, 11:41 PM

Mellie Mellie I made a...
Category: Savory Selection
Item pic:
Description: Potato & Corn Chowder!

I always try and make a million things with my leftovers from the holidays, and this year I had a ton of raw potatoes, ham, and carrots. So one of the dishes I decided to make was my favorite quick and fantastic corn chowders. Really basic recipe that you dont have to be exact on:
Saute chopped onions with the potatoes in a large pot with a bit of chopped bacon, or in this case leftover ham, add some carrots for color and taste, slowly, start adding veggy or chicken stock and some minced garlic. Simmer until the potatoes are soft, and then add 1 can of creamed corn (sweeter than frozen) and fresh or frozen corn. Finally add milk. Take a bit of the broth, if you want it thicker, and mix it with a tbsp or so of flour and mix it back in the soup when well blended and simmer on low for a few more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.So perfect in the winter!

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2012, 05:51 AM

Category: Savory
Item pic:
Description: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers, Baked Potato with cheese, bacon, sour cream and corn

not typical but its been the traditional new years family dinner for years. that potato looks HUGE but its really not. I just have a habit of smashing it all down and then putting toppings on it :P

Last edited by Melody; 01-02-2012 at 05:56 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 05:53 AM

I made Almond Ebelskivers with Brunette spread for our new years eve snack. (Brunette spread is a praline and chocolate spread, think Nutella...only better!)

om nom nom. :drool:

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2012, 05:55 AM

those look so yummy. We don't have any sweet snacks tonight unless grapes count. just a cheese ball and spinach dip.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 AM

ooooh spinach dip. I think artichoke and spinach is my favorite dip over all. It's just soooo delish. xD

I think I've made ebelskivers every day I've had the pan. Putting new things inside of them. >.> I want to be totally pro by the time baby daddies arrive in March so I can make them some for breakfast/brunch and wow them with it. I'm so tired of them looking at me and Scott like we can't cook anything AMAZING. Because...really all we do is amazing! lol.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2012, 06:08 AM

lol. do the baby daddies have issues with your cooking or something? they need to learn that mel mel makes nothing but awesome things.

I <3 spinach dip. I just decided to make it just because. My mom and I are the only ones that really like it. But matthew, who swears he hates it, has eaten more of it than either of us has.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 06:13 AM

They've never let us cook anything for them. Granted, I've stayed at their place before after the transfers. And they've really only been over to our house for I believe two doctors appointments and flown back that afternoon. And for the birth. And I wasn't up to cooking after that anyway. xD So I haven't really gotten a chance persay...but we did offer to one of the times they came for an appointment, but they choose to take us out for dinner instead. ):

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2012, 06:15 AM

Do either of them like to cook or are they big fans of going out?

going out would be a nice treat..

but I think they'd be impressed if they saw these and would so want some!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 AM

One enjoys cooking, he's a huge food network fan. The other made Hamburger Helper for their first "in home" date together. xD But I think they'd rather just go out when they're out. Because...they want to impress us? lol. I don't know. In any case, I wish they'd stop. Because almost all the food places in E-city would give me stomach trouble later because of the amount of mayo/fat they use in the cooking. I just can't handle it. I'd rather just make something at home myself. And Kodiak is turning out to be about the same for me. Blah.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 08:46 AM

Wow what great lookin stuff guys, keep up the good work. I hope i get to make something else before the event is over.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 PM

@mel mel: fatty oils are just hard to handle. even with this bank on trans fats there's still so many places I just can't eat. Like KFC/KGC still makes me horribly sick. I can't ever have it without seriously paying for it later. Even If I just have one of their snackers. its just a small sandwich with one small piece of chicken and I still get sick. But that's even with their grilled chickens so I don't even know if its the fat content at all. At home, fried chicken or grilled chicken doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure you could blame it on the baby? and just tell them, hey, I'm pregnant and that stuff makes me sick so we're eating in. I'm sure they'd go for that in a second :P

and I agree. lots of good yummy stuff.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 AM

Category: Bento
Item pic:
Description: My try at a Christmas bento! In the larger compartment, there is a gingerbread man peanut butter and jelly sandwich with fruit leather accessories, a boiled egg santa (hat is made of paper), and some club crackers with salmon on a bed of spinach. In the smaller compartment, I stripped a cutie and made a little tree with the pieces and some fruit leather (star is also paper), and in the cupcake liner there is a few pieces of homemade peppermint bark with a bow of fruit leather.
Decided to try making a little something for this category~
Agreed as well! Looking at entries makes me hungry.

Last edited by Melody; 01-02-2012 at 05:57 PM..

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 AM

Category: Sweet!
Item pic:
Description:
Deep fat fried Brownies! OOHHH sooo amazing! They ended up being warm and soft and melty...

Category: Savory
Item pic:
Description:
Fryfest 2011 foodstuffs! Deep fat fried:
Cheese sandwich
Avocado
Shrimp
Lumpia
Onion Rings
Mini Smokey Hot dogs
Chicken wing

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 01-02-2012 at 12:54 AM..

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 AM

fried brownie? :o I know my brothers would so want some. they eat all this crazy fried stuff every time we go to the fair. But I have tried a fried snickers bar. it was yummy. they have oreos, twinkles, reeses, and so many other fried stuff there.

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 AM

We inserted a snickers bite into a twinkie and fried that. Talk about a diabetic coma!

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 AM

wow. that does sound like a diabetic coma snickers in a twinkie and deep fried. bet it was yummy though.

my little brother had a bacon donut once. that thing looked like it could cause an instant heart attack.

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 AM

It was a coma...Then my exroomate dunked it into a chocolate fountain. She lived to tell the tale too...Amazing isn't it. :)

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:49 AM

now that is definitely a test of strength to have lived after that. lol

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 02:23 AM

I am willing to take that life altering coma-esque experience!

and damn I need a chocolate fountain! lol

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 01-02-2012, 02:29 AM

Yeah you do! You can put all kinds of great stuff in them. Chocolate, cheese, barbecue sauce....

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 AM

I just asked my husband why we don't have one. And now he feels guilty for not buying one forever ago. Mission accomplished. I think I'll get one for Valentines day. :lol:

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 AM

NICE! I just did a quick google search, they can be as cheap as 30.00!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 AM

The exchange always gets them in before Valentines day. I think the ones there go for around $45...but they're two tier and really pretty. >.> And...let's face it, I'm a sucker for pretty. I really want to do a smores and then dip that sucker into a chocolate fountain! :drool:

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 01-02-2012, 02:44 AM

We tried putting liquor into one once....It didn't work. The chocolate ended up all grainy. I am sure there is some kinda trick I don't know.