The Teal
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM

Does anyone remember the kid games from humongous entertainment?
There was Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam and a bunch of others. I absolutely love them, I would still play them too if I had them and I am twenty.

My favorite would have to be Pajama Sam. All his games were really fun to play. I always liked the different places he went. Most of them were pretty freaky though...

I wish they still made them, Does anyone know what happened?
I heard the company got bought, but I am not sure.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 PM

I think I remember Freddi Fish? Was there Reader Rabbit as well? or was that some other company?

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 01-25-2011, 11:42 PM

I know what you're talking about, however I've never played any of those games.

The Teal
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzeebear View Post
I think I remember Freddi Fish? Was there Reader Rabbit as well? or was that some other company?
Reader rabbit was a different company I think, They had a lot of good games too. I love Freddi Fish!

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 PM

I think I had a Pajama Sam game that came from a cereal box when I was 6 XD "You are what you eat, from you head to your feet" I got stuck on it though, and I came back 4 years later and beat it in an hour XD Are they all so... bebe facile (as the french would say)?

The Teal
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arumaixana View Post
I think I had a Pajama Sam game that came from a cereal box when I was 6 XD "You are what you eat, from you head to your feet" I got stuck on it though, and I came back 4 years later and beat it in an hour XD Are they all so... bebe facile (as the french would say)?
Yes, they are absurdly easy. I still find them fun though. It sounds bad, but I would play them all the time. I wasn't dumb or anything, haha.

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 PM

Haha don't worry, I LOVED that game XD and I got stuck on it. It actually was a bt hard for me as a 10 year old too, so if anything I"m the dumb one XD

The Teal
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 PM

What was your favorite part of the game?

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 PM

I seem to recall floating on a car tire into a giant stomach thing. That was probably my favourite part as a kid XD (Bleh I use XD waaaaayy too much)

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 AM

. . . Pajama Sam. I remember that. Something about confronting a monster that was in his closet or something. There was a boat and you had to prove that wood floated... And you got bonuses for collecting some scattered socks... Ah jeez. xD

The Teal
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-04-2011, 01:07 AM

Yeah. I hated collecting the socks. I would always forget to look for them.
In the last game, they changed the voice actor! I was so mad!

Oh! I just remembered There was Putt-putt to. That game was fun. Talking cars...

Tsundere
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 AM

I had all the Freddi Fish games up to number 3 (I'm pretty sure they made many more), Pajama Sam, and a demo game that had Putt-Putt on it. >w<

My favorite thing was collecting socks in Pajama Sam and urchins in Freddi Fish. =D

FuzzyLumpkin
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 PM

Oh goodness, Pajama Sam. I loved those games when I was younger; I never managed to find them to buy though, so I just had to rent them from the video store over and over again.

As for Humongous it was bought by Atari and subsiquently shut down due to budget and staff cuts within the company around 2005 if I remember correctly.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 AM

Omgomgomg. Blast to the past!~
I LOVE Pajama Sam and Freddie Fish, shit, I still have copies of some of their games...and if I had them with me right now I'd totally go play them.
For little kids or not, they are so fun!!! :)

I also really really loved Putt Putt and Spy Fox, which I think are also made by that same company. xD

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 AM

I loved FreddyFish! I played it with my little brother, and there was a car game too. What I really liked was the easter egg games that were included in the game package. (I'm 22 now, so high five for older gamers!!)

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 AM

I LOOOOVED PAJAMA SAM AS A KID! I used to replay the ending for hours, where you play tic-tac-toe on the giant board with the closet monster xD

And Reader Rabbit, and Third/Fourth/Fifth Grade Adventures.

*wipes tear of nostalgia away*