Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-02-2011, 11:12 PM

Abelia sat up, stretching carefully to not irritate the bruises running along her rib cage. Carefully she rolled out of bed and glanced at the clock, realizing she'd be late for work if she didn't get moving. Quickly she took a shower, finger combed her blonde hair while she put on her uniform, and began the walk, head down and trying to keep her gray-green eyes from landing on anyone in particular so that there was no chance of running into someone she knew and ending up more late.

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-03-2011, 09:21 PM

It was one of those mornings where her wish to be ignored was not to be granted. "Abelia." That voice was all too familiar. Luckily, it was not the voice of her beloved tormentor, but that of a long time friend, Daven Lawe. It was not a voice she had heard since he moved almost five years ago. That it was suddenly pouring over her again in that soft, slightly husky, velvet tone was going to be a surprise. Daven was a naturally tall, handsome sort, with a coppery-gold color for hair and dark, almost black, sapphire eyes. He had always had a smile that could melt a woman and before she even looked up that smile was aimming directly at her. He stood there, taller than she might remember, a good six foot four, broad shouldered and lean but well built in form. He was the kind of person that could get sun kissed but never tan. "It is you, right?" he asked. "My memory isn't that shot, is it?"

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-04-2011, 03:07 AM

Abelia jumped a little, looking up through her messy gold curls "Oh, uhm," she replied, eyebrows narrowing over her large eyes for a second before her face broke into a grin "Daven!" she replied, finally recognizing him "Goodness! You're even taller than before," she laughed nervously as she craned her neck upwards a bit to meet his eyes, Her tiny, 5 foot nothing frame was dwarfed next to his much larger, but she didn't seem intimidated. "c'mon, c'mon walk. I'm late for work," she laughed, glancing around warily before gently grabbing Daven's wrist and gently pulling him with her "what have you been up to? What brought you back here?" she asked, staring in surprise at the friend she had missed for so long

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-04-2011, 06:04 AM

"Well," he said as he walked with her, slinging an arm around her waist casually. "I'm back here because I'm starting my own business. I figured this was as good a place to start as any. And it gave me an excuse to see you again, babydoll." He had always called her that. 'Babydoll', he had said to her once, 'because you're so petite. Like a doll.' "How're things going for you? Are you single? Dating? Married? I ask because I'd love to get you to dinner if you're single, or if not, at least get you to dinner under the context of friendship." He flashed her a playful smile.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 AM

"Oh, well, good for you," she murmured then blushed slightly at his question and deftly slipped out of his arm, doing her best to not insult him, but slightly worried that word might get the the wrong ears "I'm dating someone currently," she laughed it off lightly but then frowned "and, uhm, I'm not too sure about dinner. Y'know, my boyfriend can get jealous sometimes," again, a light chuckle downplayed her words, and yet, the thought was tempting. "What business are you opening? I feel like I should know, but, it's been so long!" she exclaimed,

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Daven flashed her a smile again, that melt-you-in-your-shoes-so-cute smile. "It's a bakery," he said. "You wouldn't know because I only got into cooking the last two years. Apparently, my natural talents developed into a passion." The man had been able to cook since he was ten, a trait passed down by a grandmother who could make just about anything mouth watering. "Bakeries appeal to me more than restaurants. You'll have to play guinea pig for any new recipes I make. You look like you could use the pounds anyway. You're still a twig." This coming from the six foot four, two hundred plus pounds of toned muscle who had hovered over her since they were little.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 AM

Abelia just laughed "Better than being a tree," she teased back, nudging him in the side. "Where's this bakery gonna be? Any open positions?" she asked, knowing very well that, although she didn't have the natural talent like him, she could learn how to do just about anything she put her mind to. She hadn't ever been good at baking, but she hadn't ever been interested in it either, and if it got her out of her current job, she certainly could get interested

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-05-2011, 11:25 PM

"For you, of course there's an opening," he said. "I'll need someone to handle the register while I bake myself to death in the back. And it'll be a few blocks away from here. Walking distance. I just moved into the building across from yours. I saw which one you came out of," he told her. "It'll be open in a week. Think you can start on Monday?"

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 AM

Abelia grinned "awesome! I'll let my boss know. She's been looking for a reason to fire me for a while now, so there shouldn't be a problem with me getting out of my job by next Monday," she chuckled "and if you ever expand to sandwiches or tea, I can certainly help with those," she offered. "Anything that needs doing to help open?" she asked, eyeing the store they were nearly at now

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-08-2011, 06:35 PM

"Not really," he replied. "Just some fine adjustments to the way the place looks. I can handle that. Though, if you want an excuse to hang around me, by all means, show up to sweep the floors. I've been looking forward to being around you for a while now." He flashed her a small smile. Even if she said she was not single that seemed to have phased him very little.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 PM

She nodded "alright then!" I'll see what my schedule looks like, y'know, boyfriend and everything, gotta keep him happy," she half-smiled, slightly confused by how forward Daven was, even though she had made it clear she wasn't available. She looked again at her work place "well, here I am," she chuckled and waved a little "have a good day!" she called, opening the door and starting on her way in

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Daven smiled faintly as he watched her go. She was still just so cute. Was it bad that he hoped the boyfriend and she broke up soon? Most likely. But Daven could not help the passing desire. If he had not been so intent on escaping where he lived once upon a time then he might have gotten her. A man could dream though. He turned to continue on toward his shop. He had a few things to do still after all.

Abelia would know she did something wrong the moment someone at work told her that her boyfriend was on the phone for her. Whatever it was, if he was annoyed enough to call about it, she was not going to like her homecoming tonight. He was slightly abrasive even on a good day. His bad days, the ones that were the worst, started with phone calls for her at work.

(sorry about that taking so long, i got caught up in finals at my college, i'm free now for the next few weeks)

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 AM

When the call came Abelia froze, wondering how he would've known about Daven, if it was Daven. Maybe she had just forgotten something at home? She thought it over as she made her way to the phone; the kitchen had been clean, she'd hung the towel up after her shower, so yes, it had to have been Daven. Shaking a little she took the call, moving to a more private place so she didn't have to worry about someone overhearing.
"H-Hello honey," she stammered a little
(Don't worry about it, it was a crazy week for me too, and I wasn't the quickest on my replies, haha)

Last edited by Ciara-blythe; 12-12-2011 at 04:53 AM..

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 AM

"Who the hell is the guy our neighbor saw you walking around with?" Cale's cold tone demanded. "I let you actually walk yourself to work and you try to turn tricks. That's a great thing to know, Abelia. Why do I put up with you? What good are you? When you get home, I'm going to make sure you remember why you're supposed to be a decent girlfriend."

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 AM

Abelia looked down, ashamed and hoping that this could be heard in her voice "he's. . . he's just an old friend. Honestly, I'm sorry, I didn't expect to run into him. . ." she pleaded, even with her knowledge of how he got when jealous. "Will you come for lunch? Or after I get off work?" she asked, hoping that maybe she could calm him down before they got home and she did something even more wrong, making him more angry.

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-14-2011, 04:12 AM

"You think I want to eat with you?" he prompted in a cold tone. "But I guess if I don't then he'll come sniffing around. So yeah, I'll be there for lunch. And I'm picking you up after work. When I get you home...you just have no idea, woman." He was promising her a 'fitting punishment' for her actions.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 AM

Abelia took a deep breath, trying to calm her voice but failing "a-alright. I'll see you then!" she attempted a chirp, but her voice only shook more. "I love you," she murmured, but waited for him to hang up, not wanting to risk more anger

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 AM

"I love you too," he replied. "Even if you don't deserve it." Then, he hung up. Cale showed up at her lunch time. Cale was about six foot one, well built in his own right. He was tanned from the jogs he took through a local park almost every day. His hair was black and his eyes a pale gray. He was attractive and it was the charm he could sometimes use that had drawn her in. He came by with his naturally sexy smile already hooked into place, a smile that could make anyone at ease or miss the way his gray eyes could be so cold.

(Eesh, the Christmas season! I've been yanked everywhere the last few days!)

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM

(Haha, I know! Craziest time of the year,)

Abelia smiled at him as she slipped out and made her way over "Hey," she murmured, slipping her hand into his, and forgetting her fear as his smile did to her now the same thing as the first time she had seen him. "Where will we be going? Same amount of time as usual," she commented quietly

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-18-2011, 03:00 AM

He squeezed her fingers almost too tightly, but not quite. "I'm thinking of that cafe near here. The one I like." He kept hold of her hand as he walked down the sidewalk with her. It was easier to just go somewhere within walkiing distance. "How has your day been so far? That guy hasn't been by to see you, has he?" he prompted. His tone was idle but his eyes were cutting. He was not happy about that bit of news, that a man had been walking with her.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-18-2011, 03:51 AM

She nodded, "I've had a decent day, and no. He hasn't. I told you, He's nothing but an old friend. Even if he did show up, I'd be sure to send him away; I've got you, why would I need someone else," she reassured him, knowing very well that wasn't the truth, but hoping Cale wouldn't see through it. "How has your day been?" she askd, trying to change the topic as smoothly as possible before he had a chance on calling her lie

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 AM

"Fine," he said in a short, clipped tone. "Work is a bitch but that's nothing new." Cale worked in an antique shop. The man had a certain brilliance for old objects. His historical knowledge was usually very trusth worthy. He sat down with her once they reached the cafe. After the menus were handed to them he looked at her. "You know you could never leave me," he murmured. "No one else could ever have you." There was something chilling in those words.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-20-2011, 05:27 AM

Abelia looked taken aback "O-of course not. That doesn't even need to be said. I wouldn't think of it anyway." She promised, but still wasn't able to completely ignore the chill running down her spine. Quickly she picked out someone random from the menu, trying to not meet Cale's eyes, hoping to hide the fear she'd been ignoring up to that point.
(I might be a little slow between now and Thursday, I still have school and some of my classes are really going crazy now, trying to get stuff done, but, I'll do my best ^^)

Last edited by Ciara-blythe; 12-20-2011 at 05:36 AM..

MistressLeopard
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2011, 03:34 PM

"That's good, sweetheart," Cale said. After lunch, which actually managed to pass as normal, he took her back to work and promised to pick her up later. What would he do when he found out she was going to change jobs and work for Daven? Cale would kill her. The scary part was that literally he might. If she told him, he would be furious. If she did it behind his back, he would be even more furious. If she turned down Daven, Daven would get curious. Which meant he would ask questions. If she had only just been less friendly to Daven, maybe then she would have had an out. But now, she was between a rock and a hard place. Both threatening to crush her.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 12-25-2011, 07:35 AM

((I am so sorry! I kept typing out a reply then closing out before I sent, and thought it sent, haha)

The rest of the day at work Abelia worried. She didn't know what to do. She loved Cale, and couldn't keep something from him, but she missed Daven and had already told her boss she had a new job. Finally the day was done, and as she gathered her things an idea struck her. She would tell Cale the truth, she had a new job, but not the entire thing. If he asked about how or where she'd explain as simply as possible. With a small grin she fooled herself into believing this would work, that this couldn't lead to anything bad, and walked confidently to the front of the store she was almost done working in.