0__o
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-09-2008, 03:25 PM

I made this artwork not too long ago as a self portrait.
I felt like fiddling with new styles of art and I came up with this.
I did not outline the scarf and I actually quite enjoy the "popping out of the drawing"
effect it gives out!
The Anatomy is on purpose, the hands being small and the neck being long and skinny.
I was trying for a slightly more, oh how would you say it, more "Modern" style?
It still came out very well and I am happy with it!

Since I had no available scanner at the time, I took the image with my mobile.
I edited it online to make it slightly lighter and a little more easier to see.

Please tell me what you think of it ;)

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2008, 04:26 PM

I really like the style of this piece. Sometimes I wish I hadn't grown up on anime so that it would be easier to experiment, but this isn't about me, it's about your picture.

I think you did a really good job placing your white and black. They're in perfect unity and one doesn't over power the other. The scarf certainly does give it a pop. All the detail on the coat really makes me wish that their was more detail on hair to balance it out a little more. Not sure if this makes sense but everything else seems to flow and the hair is stiff. The hand by her face also looks backwards.

Those are my little nitpicks. I really love everything else about this picture. It's simple and yet really eye catching at the same time. Great job.

0__o
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM

Thank you very much!
And what do you know I think the hand is backwards!
xD
WHUPS!!
I just tested it x3
And now I am off to try and draw my dream avatar that I just created :D!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 PM

I think some highlights in the hair would fix the 'stiff' look it has compared to the rest.

But I really love this. Specially the popping scarf. <3 it's an effect I would use in a lot of my black/white drawings and I LOVE it. very well done!!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Love the style, though the neck seems a little too thin for my liking.

Sihu
Send a message via MSN to Sihu

Old 07-09-2008, 06:31 PM

I love the scarf... it makes me want to go out and buy one like it. I also like the drawing. It's different in ways but it's well put together. The hand reminds me of a flame for some reason.
also i don't think the hand is backwards unless you drew the thumb facing people... but the hand could look either way.