.Peaches&Lemons.
Sweet and Sour

Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 AM

I'm wanting to open up an art shop here on this site but thought I should first get reviews from the users on this site to see if it's even what others are looking for since my shops haven't worked out in the past in other places. Please tell me what I can do to improve on any or all of the different mediums/styles I have. Some of these are samples in shops on other sites of mine so ignore the name that is signed on them please, they are all my work.

Last edited by .Peaches&Lemons.; 10-13-2010 at 06:29 PM..

.Peaches&Lemons.
Sweet and Sour

Old 10-13-2010, 04:48 AM

Hm, nothing to say? I know there's a lot wrong with this and a lot to improve on but I don't know what specifically so please tell me.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-13-2010, 06:43 AM

Feet and hands nee work, but overall, not bad. :)

I don't like putting a number to art, so I'm going to refrain from a number rating, sorry!

.Peaches&Lemons.
Sweet and Sour

Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 AM

Thanks! Number ratings aren't what I was looking for anyway, I guess I should change the wording a bit when I next get the chance.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-13-2010, 03:42 PM

I'm from the AT, ratings usually means numbers, lol. Sorry. <3

.Peaches&Lemons.
Sweet and Sour

Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Oh, no that's fine. I was half asleep when I put up the thread and I had the incorrect wording since it should be critique my art instead of rate.

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 AM

Ok, so you asked for a critique. I've been known to give my exact opinions both good and bad because whenever I ask for a critique that is what I want to hear. If people just say how nice a picture is, it doesn't really teach us anything, and that is the whole point of a critique.

I think that all of your art is a lot of fun and I really like it. I do think that there are still some things that you could learn to make what you do better.

Your first pic is the strongest piece out of all of them. It is well proportioned and looks like it tells some sort of story.

Second pic is nice (love the scythe) but she is leaning at an odd angle that would never support her weight if she was real. Try using reference pics for you poses when you draw and it will probably help with this.

I like the third pic. Its cute.

Did you use markers to color the 4th and 5th pics? I love the bright colors, but they look a little blotchy in spots. Ask yourself this- do the colors add to the work or take away from it? Maybe different colors or a different medium would look better?

The CG art is neat looking. Some of the backgrounds seem a little busy and actually distract attention from your drawing. Maybe simpler designs or more muted colors on the backgrounds will make your artwork stand out more so that it does not get lost in the background.

All your art is really lovely. Keep at it and open your shop. I think that you will do great. Good luck!

PrincessEtta_2011

Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 PM

very good art! awesome!

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 PM

I really like your art work. Your first pic is the best one to me. I adore the poses, all the different poses you can do. And your art would be perfect to drawing avatars, I think. Keep it up!

angelbabe1
Account OC is Sekhmet (my avi)

Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 PM

wow I like it, your art is very colorful and pretty :)
I like the green one best!! =3
well done!

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 AM

I really like your shading styles and how you draw people, I think the only thing that's a bit off is maybe there poses, be more willing to try new poses I guess. Other than that they seem perfectly fine to me. :)

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 12-20-2010, 09:25 AM

That scythe is SICK! very nice. Your shading is really nice to. For anime it's great, your fingers are well done. Feet and hands are super hard but the good thing about anime/cartoon is you don't really have to worry about the detail just take a bunch of pictures of just feet and hands a trace them over a million times. It helps me a lot to understand the structures or anatomy of something if you go over ever line of it rather then just looking and comparing.

ccmemories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2010, 08:07 AM

It seems you have a tendency to lengthen certain limbs ie: the shins, elbow and down, thighs or waist while making them rather...skinny. But that' style so ignore that skinny comment. :) Other than that, it's fairly good.

.Peaches&Lemons.
Sweet and Sour

Old 02-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it. I have opened an art shop now.

Azriellia
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2011, 01:12 AM

How long have you been drawing. I'm not spamming you but some of your drawings seem fresh as in to say that you're a beginner going on to intermediate, but that mostly for the colored ones. I really like your shading one number three. It's very advanced but then again my shadings suck compared to everyone else, so naturally I think everyone has better shading than me. Anywho keep it up, you're pretty good.