Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 08-10-2010, 09:42 PM

People always tell us "Dragons and elves are myths, Faeries are tales, Vampires, Weres and demons are just stories to scare us." Some even say "Angels don't exist."

But if they don't, why are there so many stories?

The truth is, they do. They were among us long ago. The good and bad, the ugly and the beautiful, they lived alongside humans, fighting wars as we did, fell in love as we did, had families as we did... even had all those with humans. Even now, centuries after humanity stopped believing in the paranormal as a whole, they still live among us. They live inside us. Descendants of the unions of human and preternatural still bear some the traits their ancestors did, though dimmed down at best.

Things like Acute hearing, exceptional eyesight, affinity with plants or animals. There are even still physical signs; unusual eye colors, larger than normal canines, odd skin tones, strange-shaped ears and such things are seen all over the world. But with the good comes the bad too; allergies to things like silver and iron, adversion to certain places for no known reason, easily sunburned, and the like.

People from all over have these traits, some stronger than others, some with stronger magic in their blood. Those are the ones that are compelled, pulled from their homes and lives to a certain town on a mountain in the eastern USA. Unbeknown to them, they are about to step into the "fantasy" of humankind, they are about to discover who and what their ancestors are.

Led by dreams of a great crystal and the heirlooms of their families, these humans of inhuman origins are about to learn the truth and help it be known by all.

**Vampire_Mistress_Jill**
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM

Me join ?

Drakina

Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 PM

RULES:
1) Follow Mene TOS
2) This is to be a semi-literate rp. NO TXT TLK
3) I have a plot. You can run things by me in a pm, but if I say it doesn't fly, THEN DON'T DO IT.
4) You MUST have both some weakness to your character, and a family heirloom that originally belonged to the ancestor that wasn't human. If you have no weakness, I WILL spring one on you.
5) OOC must be in either ((this)) or [[this]]

----------

CHARACTER OUTLINE:

username:
Character name:
Description:
Bio:
Heirloom:
Gifts:
Weaknesses:

Pm me with your Character, please.

ACCEPTED PROFILES:

username: drakina
Character name: Serah Amethysta
Descended from: dragon
Description: Medium brown hair falls to about the bottom of her shoulder blades, with almost purple eyes staring out of a naturally tan face. Her clothing usually runs to casual tastes, simple jeans and tees, but she occasionally wears goth clothing, bondage pants and corsets. She always wears her combat boots, and an amethyst carved into the shape of a moon hangs around her neck. She avoids enclosed spaces as much as she can, as well as large crowds. This amounts to her being out in the woods on the mountains all the time, where her better-than-average hearing and sight give her an advantage over others. She also has to eat red meat regularly, or she gets really sick.
Bio: Serah grew up in the town, just like the rest of her family, as far back as anyone can remember. her whole family shares her need of red meat, so it didn't stand out too much. She had a normal childhood, as far as she can remember, right down to the finding of the mountain cave when she was seven. She had climbed down into the cave once, finding the glowing mound of crystals, and has never forgotten how to get back there. She regularly visits the cave, though she doesn't climb into it very often anymore.
Heirloom: Amethyst moon pendant
Gifts: exceptional eyesight and hearing
Weaknesses: Need of red meat regularly, phobia of enclosed spaces and crowds.

Quote:
Vampirekiss_lover of Matt.
Character name:Lynnette
Decended from: Demons.
Description: Lynnette is a half-breed. She has Sharp nails and Teeth. Her eyes are cat-like. She even has kitten Ears ^^
Bio: Lynnettes mother was a human, Father a Cat demon. She lost both her parents in a War between Humans and demons...LONG ago. Lynnette Was Horrified, went into a deep sleep and has recently awoke. Now she has no one, not even a clue as to what year she is in.
Heirloom:
Gifts:Jumps High and fast and hides in trees very well.
Weaknesses: Water and Electricity harm her. Every full moon she turns human
Quote:
Username: KageShio
Character name: Aingeal Cav'anros (pn= An-Gell Chav- An- Rose)
Decended from: Sylvan Elf
Description: Tall and very lean built with long limbs. His ears seem to be of a odd shape, being longer than others' and the cuff tapers slightly. Cream-pale skin and dark, almost black, red-brown hair falling to his waist, usually kept in a braid. His eyes are his most out-standing feature, a blue so pale they often look white or silver. Dresses rather plainly with simple pants and long-sleeved shirts of pale, cool colors, as well as boots. He only wears two pieces of jewelery, a silver ring in his left ear and a necklace.

His necklace his an arrow-head pendant on a deep green silk cord. The arrowhead is old, bearing scratches and a few dents on the edges. The edges themselves are dulled, polished down, but it is still visible that this was once a weapon. The only unusual thing is the delicate etching. A swirling pattern bearing a small leaf weaving up the center.
Bio: Aingeal lived a happy home life with his parents and younger sibling, and was always close to his mother, from whom he got his eyes and strange ears from. They lived on the country side, as far from the cities as they could get. Aingeal was home-schooled until high school, where he took interest in Herbology and archery, having felt drawn to both things since he was young.

He has always shared his mother's love for the outdoors and gardening, often taking long trips into the mountains with the family. One year they traveled to a small town on the base of a majestic, forest covered mountain. He had wandered away from his family for a while and stumbled into a cave. He wandered deeper and deeper until he found a huge cavern filled with crystals.

Now in collage, on his way to becoming a Botanist, Aingeal has started having strange dreams of that cave, stirring memories and a curiosity that he had to quench.

Gifts: impeccable sight, sharp ears, a knack for plants and talent with a bow.
Weaknesses: Gets sick frequently when near or in a city(due to pollution), has empathy for plants and animals to the extreme(could also be a gift), lightweigh
t
Quote:
user name: Bikari
Character name: Daciana Iliana Goral
Descended from: werewolf & Romani
Description: Red-Brown, frizzy, curly hair, golden tan skin, and hazel gold eyes. She is thin, well muscled, and curvaceous. Her clothing style is rather hodge-podge. She wears a lot of earth tones, mixed in with black, purple, and red.
Bio: She is first generation American, and was raised traditional Romani. her parents had come to American just before she was born and settled in the little town. They decided to stay and never got the urge to leave, so Daciana was raised there. She grew up knowing the Romani traditions and legends. Her mother had been a priestess among her group before she and Daciana's father left. Daciana eventually went to a small college in the area to become a doctor. When She was more or less on her feet as an individual, her parents got the sudden urge to move on from where they lived. The left and Daciana stayed. She moved into her parents house and worked in the local hospital.
Heirloom: A pendent with an eye and a crescent moon. the eye's pupil/iris is a round ruby.
Gifts: Slightly increased stamina, longer, sharper canines, and some psychic abilities (can sense/communicate with spirits, can create psychic barriers, and can do simple attacks with her energy)
Weaknesses: A liking for extra rare meat, has allergy-like symptoms when exposed to air-borne chemicals, Cyberphobia (fear of computers)
Quote:
username: Kuroshinigami
Character name: Francis "Feng" Taylor
Descended from: Phoenix
Description:
Bio: Ren and her parents never saw to eye on anything. She had been going through her "rebellious" stage since she was about eleven. She was really close to her grandmother, but she died when Ren was thirteen. After that, Ren fought her parents until her eighteenth birthday, when she was promptly disowned. So, she moved out and has been working as a bartender to pay the bills. On her days off, she wanders around, wasting time.
Heirloom: A single, dangly earring her grandmother left her made of two small, red and shiny feathers that don't seem to deteriorate even over time
Gifts: Affinity for fire (can somewhat control it, but can't conjure it)
Weaknesses: hates spiders with a passion, has a fear of drowning so she avoids water at all costs, and she has a tendency to get blinded by her own rage (doesn't think rationally when she's pissed)

Last edited by Drakina; 09-02-2010 at 03:36 AM..

\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM

[[ No!! No....well maybe XD haha nah I just Got excited! ]]

Drakina

Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM

((Kay. Pm me with your char))

\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 PM

[[ I did ^^]]

Drakina

Old 08-11-2010, 05:44 PM

((Story starts... NOW!))

Serah pushed a lock of hair out of her eyes, frowning at the 'seeking employment' sign in the window of the general store. It was a lie, she knew. Three applications later, and no call back. "Screw you, too," she whispered, flipping her hair over her shoulder and walking towards the edge of town. Her hand went up to her pendant, the smoothed points of the crescent pressing dully into her hand.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 08-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Daciana walked out of the general store with grocery bags full. She couldn't see where she was going, so it is no suprise that she ran into the girl standing just outside the general store. "What the hell!" Daciana fights to get her bags under control again.

Drakina

Old 08-11-2010, 05:57 PM

Serah yelped, turning to catch the bags that looked to be toppling. "You shouldn't carry so much, if you can't see around it," she said, picking one of the bags up. "Do you need help?"

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 08-11-2010, 06:01 PM

"Of course I need help." Daciana gets a better grip on her bags. "Here," she half holds out one of the bags, "Could you please carry this with me to my home?"

Drakina

Old 08-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Serah shrugged, taking the bag. "Sure. I'm Serah, I'm not sure we've met before this," she said, settling the bag in her arms. "Where do you live?"

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM

"I live at the edge of town near the cave." Daciana readjusts her bag and continues, "My name is Daciana." She starts walking toward her house.

Drakina

Old 08-11-2010, 06:20 PM

Serah threw a surprised glance at Daciana. "I've probably passed your house a million times. I still visit that cave. Mostly when the kids are in school," she said, following the other woman.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Francis Taylor, AKA Feng, wandered the streets, bored. She yawned and stretched as she walked, pulling off her black cap and running a hand through her short, red hair. Somewhat restless, she shrugged her shoulder, then shifted the black, oversized hoodie back onto her shoulder. Her hand strayed up to her ear, which was adorned with several silver earrings. From the left one, however, hung an earring with two small, bright red feathers. It had been her grandmother's, though she didn't know what happened to the other one. She was surprised that the feathers hadn't deteriorated, and still looked like they were brand new. Sighing, she dropped her hand and shoved them in the pockets of her ripped blue jeans, forcing her hands to keep still for a time. She abruptly stopped in the middle of the street, staring at a huge (or at least, it was big in her eyes) black spider resting on the sidewalk. She shuddered violently, grossed out by the thing. Part of her needed to kill it, but the other part of her didn't want it on her shoe. Then, it moved. She squeaked in distress, and before she could think, she slammed her foot down on the thing. "Ewwww," she moaned, and began wiping her shoe on the grass, still shuddering.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 PM

"I haven't been there for years. Is it still the same?"

----------

((I'm dieing.))

Drakina

Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM

"It is, though it seems to be brighter inside the cave than I remember," Serah said, shifting the bag in her arms. It was heavy!

((Sorry, kuroshinigami, looks like it's not going further today.))

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 PM

((no problem, I had to go to work anyways :D ))

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 08-13-2010, 03:04 AM

((i'm bored, so I'll chatter a bit XP ))

Feng continued to shudder before she forced herself to stop and walk past the spider. She breathed deeply and soon she calmed. "Damn spiders," she muttered rather darkly. Still, she was forced to sigh. "I should probably try to get over that. It's so embarrassing!" She thought, her cheeks reddening at the thought. "Me, afraid of a spider? Impossible! It's ridiculous that someone as strong and large as me is afraid of one little..." Something caught her eye, interrupting her thoughts. "ACK!" She yelped once more and jumped back, but it was only a cricket. Feeling somewhat pathetic, she hurried onwards, trying to calm her racing heart.

\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM

Lynnette Awoke in a dark-musty, smelly old house. Her Nose twitched and she hissed, She poked around the house a bit and found a mirror...she looked completely human, expect for the ears and tail..oh and her claws and cat-like eyes. where was she? why was she in this stinky god forbidden place? She was barley clothed so she searched the old house and found a dresser...with some...type of clothing (Baggy jeans and tank-top) She left the house and she was in a small village (town LOL) And was completely confused as to where she was...

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 AM

Aingeal stood, stretching his long limbs before stooping to pick up his sketchbook and papers. He had just finished documenting a fern he had found, it seemed nearly unique to this mountain, bearing a resemblance to the Jurassic sword-ferns more than a modern one. He had actually found lots of plants here that almost seemed to be in retrograde, falling back to the forms of their ancestors. He hummed lightly to himself as he started further up the barely-visible mountain path, nearly ecstatic with his finds, sure they would give him a more than passing final grade.

He had been looking to the sky as he walked, watching birds as the flitted from tree to tree, when the toe of his boot caught on a stray root. He cried out as gravity grabbed hold of him, pulling him down the green slope of the mountain side. he clutched his books tightly as he could, letting the ground carry him, knowing he could just get more hurt if he tried to stop himself. He clenched his jaw as he felt his sides and limbs bruise, rocks and sticks hitting him, though by almost a miracle, he missed all the trees.

His plan to led the slope carry him down to a stop was cut short when the slope abruptly dropped off to a cliff. Aingeal gasped as he felt the ground give way, reaching out with an arm in an attempt to grab hold of something. His hand found a handful of grass and ferns, his arm throbbing from the sudden weight it had to bear. He opened his eyes again, blinking dust and pollen out of his lashes before glancing about him. He saw the ground about thirty feet below, the cliff side was nearly sheer, he could see few hand or foot holds other then loops of roots and small rocks sticking out. He had little time to think before the grass in his hand started to tear away from their roots, suddenly sending him downwards again.

He yelled in surprise as he managed to wrap his fingers around a root, his papers and books falling from his grasp. His shoulder stinging as the shock of the sudden stop stressed it again. He winced and drew in a sharp breath, looking down to the papers scattered about the dirt, trying to judge the distance. He had fallen half the way down, the ground little more than fifteen feet away. Using both hands to turn around so he wasn't facing the cliff face, He looked over the area again before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He let out the breath as he let go, his stomach leaping to his throat for a moment of free-fall before he hit the ground, letting his knees bend before falling into a somersault to absorb the shock. He was still a bit winded as he fell onto his back, fighting off dizziness as he stared up into the blue sky.

Last edited by KageShio; 09-02-2010 at 08:28 AM..

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 PM

"Brighter," Daciana asks. "What do you mean? It's a cave." //Could she have some sort of Sight?// She walks on leading the girl to her house. "We're almost there."

Drakina

Old 11-10-2010, 01:20 AM

Serah followed Daciana, thinking about how to answer the question. "Well, you've seen how it's got the one shaft of sunlight hitting the crystal cluster, right? Well, it looks like the shaft of light hasn't gotten bigger, but the crystals are glowing brighter. Like the light is more intense," she explained, thinking back to the last few times she'd been in the cave. It hadn't seemed to matter what time of day it was, it was just brighter in there.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM

Daciana led Serah up to her house and opened the door. "Let's put these away and then we can take a look." Daciana walks into her kitchen.

Drakina

Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 AM

Serah smiled, then a thought struck her. "Hey, do you live alone? Because you have a lot of groceries for one person..."

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 11-10-2010, 01:34 AM

"I like to stock up." Daciana starts putting the food in the freezer. "I don't like computers and the way grocery stores work now, the cash registers are more like computers every day." Daciana shudders.

Last edited by Bikari; 11-10-2010 at 01:45 AM..