Eiiri
Getting your dreams, its strange...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Many of the Greek Gods were well known for consorting with humans, their offspring being called Demi-Gods. Half-God and Half-Human, these children often became heroes and possessed special powers inherited from their parents. In modern times, these affairs between Gods and humans are still known to happen, though their children may not realize who their father/mother may be. Heroes are less prevalent and needed in modern times and so in many cases the powers and skills possessed by the Demi-Gods are not needed and are not grown past a certain point.

At a small college in Olympia, Texas, for whatever reason, there is a large group of Demi-Gods. Some know what they are, while others have no idea. Normally, those who do not know would never find out, but there is a dark force growing in the world. The Titans want to take over the world once more. Over the centuries, they have been building power, biding their time to take because what they believe what is rightfully theirs. In order for them to regain power, they decided to attack the Demi-Gods as an attempt to throw the gods off balance. They have hopes that these mostly untrained Demi-Gods will need to be saved by their godly parents, leaving Mt. Olympus unguarded.

Each Demi-God at Olympia College will have a mythical creature after them that they might eventually need to fight, they might take another form in their approach. The Demi-Gods who know about their godly parents have been told of the Titans plans, are charged with finding the other Demi-Gods, and convince them of who they really are. Will the Demi-Gods accept their destiny and become heroes, or will the Titans take over Mt. Olympus once more?

Last edited by Eiiri; 05-05-2011 at 02:54 AM..

Eiiri

Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM

I am going to put the rules into paragraph form. Please read all of them. First, this is a literate roleplay. This means I would like the best display of grammar and spelling that you can give me. Spell check and grammar check were created for this. Also, I would like at least two paragraphs per post, per character. It really is not asking for too much and is not really that hard. In terms of characters, I am going to start off saying that the max that you can have is two. Reserves are not necessary, unless there is a character you really want and you don’t have the time to fill it out right away. In addition, if a person doesn’t fill out the profile correctly, I will tell them and they can fix it, but I will not accept it if it is not made and formatted as I designed it. PM me the profiles with the name of your parent followed by profile, for example: “Aphrodite Profile.” In terms of the parents, you are the same gender as your god/goddess parent. It will help keep the genders even. Romance, it is allowed and encouraged. Just remember Mene’s rules. Fighting is obviously allowed. Blooding battles are encouraged, but no auto-hitting and god-moding. Also, your character is not going to be the best fighter in the world at the beginning. They might lose a battle and have to run, but you are not going to kill your mythical creature right away. Conflict between characters is good, add some in, but try not to create conflict between roleplayers. It takes the fun out of it. That’s all for now, I would just like to add that I reserve the right to add, subtract, multiply, or divide rules at anytime. If this were to occur, I will let people know.

Eiiri

Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM

Parents to Choose From:

Guys:

Zeus - Taken by Cassidy Lebeau
Ares - Taken by Soturo Ayami
Apollo - Taken by Tyson Monroe
Hades - Taken by flamethrower1391
Dionysus - Taken by Eiiri
Poseidon - Taken by Phidefya

Girls:

Taken by Wavikz - Hera
Taken by Murjanah - Athena
Taken by flamethrower1391 - Artemis
Taken by o0Calyx0o - Demeter
Taken by The Jupiter Alien - Hestia
Taken by Eiiri - Aphrodite

Profile SkellyX

Profile: (replace words in parentheses with appropriate descriptions)
[center][color=colorchoice 1][size=4].: (Name with nickname in quotes if applicable) :.[/ size][/color]
[color=colorchoice 2][size=1](Quote)[/ size][/color]
(Picture, real person not anime)
[color=colorchoice 1](Age, 18-19)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 2](Gender)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 1](God/Goddess Parent)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 2](Powers, must make sense in relation to who parent is)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 1](College Major)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 2](Brief Biography, 1 – 2 detailed paragraphs, include if character knows about god/goddess parent)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 1](Other things you might want to add)[/color]
[color=colorchoice 2][size=4].: (Username) :.[/color][/ size][/ center]

Last edited by Eiiri; 06-02-2011 at 02:47 PM..

Eiiri

Old 03-30-2011, 08:08 PM

Profiles

ZeusX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Lebeau
Profile:
.: Quinlan “Quin” Desmond Hall :.
”Bolts from the sky equal smoldering pile on the ground.”

Male
Zeus
Generating and manipulating electricity and creating ride-able clouds.
Psychology
Quin has always lived with just his mother. His mother told him that the day he was born, lightning flashed in the sky. Quinlan’s mom, Saffron, met his dad at a concert, or so she says. His father didn’t stick around long, but he stayed long enough to tell her that he loved traveling the sky and he’d had other children, all important in some way mainly because he was Lord of the Sky. Ever since he was told this, Quinlan was always obsessed with the sky. He would stare at planes or other flying objects passing overhead, hoping that his dad would parachute down or something. One day while getting things together for his new school, he received a package from someone, but he knew exactly who it was from. There was a note attached to it and it told him not to use it until he started at Olympia College.
Quin has a soft spot for girls and he fears that he will not be like his “famous” siblings. He carries an iPod, a skateboard, a yin-yang pendant and pictures of his friends and family.
.: Cassidy Lebeau :.

AresX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soturo Ayami
Profile:
.: Liam "Li" Grand :.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Dwight D. Eisenhower"

male
Ares
weapon manipulation/recognition, summon/speak with birds
Business
Just the son of a single mother who did the best she could for him. He lived with his mother and her husband his step-dad, who was a hard man to get a long with but they eventually came to a truce when he was moving out. He kept his grades up and got his work done and that seemed to have the mans respect. His like of violent sports and obsession with weapons never seemed to bother his mother who let him take any manner of martial arts he could afford with the job he had but she kept a limit on how many weapons she would allow him to keep in the two bedroom apartment that lived in. Early on he got into cage fighting and used that as a vent for any frustrations he had over the years following. Though his mind was clearly set on being a soldier him mother disallowed this and expected her son to join his step-father in the business he started. Being the good son he did as he was told. Gearing most of his none core classes toward the business field.

Has a tattoo of a shield and sword on his right hip-bone
.: Soturo Ayami :.

ApolloX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Munroe
Profile:
.: Ethan Bell :.
Flames cover the the earth and spread the light

Male
Apollo
Generating and manipulating fire
Music Study
For as long as Ethan could remember he has lived with his aunt and uncle. At the early age of 12, his aunt and uncle told him that his mother died giving birth but didn't mention to him any word of his father. It wasn't until he learned about his powers that they told him the true. From there, he began to learn control of his abilities. Until one summer day the heat of the sun was so intense that the heat grew inside of him like a bomb, but before it could get any worse a stream of fire came and extracted the heat from him. In that moment of time he was connected with his father. From that day he had no animosity for his father and finally under stood why he isn't in his life. Realizing his talent in music, he was given a scholarship for Olympic College where he now attends.
Ethan tries his best to prevent conflict seeing as how sometimes he might come off mean or over confident.
.: Tyson Munroe :.

HadesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethrower1391
.: Setsurou Iragashi :.
"It takes all sorts of people to make the underworld."

Male
Hades
I can talk to and see the dead.
Criminal Justice
All my life, my mother had told me that my father was Hades. A Greek God? Of course, I never believed it and still don't. Why would a Greek God come to the US and have a child with an Asian woman? My mom wasn't bad looking when she was younger, but it was quite a distance to travel. And the woman was known to exaggerate largely. She tried to convince the neighbors that the dog was abducted by aliens. Some of the neighbors tried to put her into an insane asylum! But she wasn't the only one they've tried to. Because I can see and talk to ghosts, they think I'm psycho. My mother and I have always been the outcasts of the neighborhood. Even at school, people tried to stay as far away from me as possible. It didn't help much when I would purposely freak them out.

Many people think I'm shy and creepy. It's just my appearance and the lack of anyone I'd really want to talk to. I prefer to be left alone to being around many people. I don't even like being near my step-father who's also an alien freak like my mother. I'll hang out with my little sister from time to time, but that's it. I don't even have any friends at college. Or at least, any that I would consider a friend. I just don't care enough to have any friends. Maybe later on in the future when I'm more mature, I would, but as of now, I don't. Many have told me that I was cold-hearted, and I told them I didn't care. You could call me anything and everything, and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm me, and that's who I'll always be.

I prefer dark and warm places.
.: flamethrower1391 :.

DionysusX

.: Raymond "Razz" Giollani :.
"One of the disadvantages of wine is that it makes a man mistake words for thoughts."

Eighteen
Male
Dionysus
Controls actions of others, especially when they are under the influence
Recreational Studies
I didn't have an easy childhood. My mother was basically a modern day maenad, crazy and drunk. She would often tell me that my father was the Greek God Dionysus, but for the longest time I didn't believe her. This went on until I was ten and discovered that I had powers. My mother was the first person I used them on. People might say that it was wrong for a kid to control him mother like that, but I did it to save her. As she became sober, I found that I had less control of her.

It was after this that I had her call in my grandparents to help her out. Life got much better and I didn't have to use my powers as much. Having my grandparents changed my life around and I started doing better in school and in life. That's what allowed my to be able to even go to college.

Despite everything with my mother, I still party.
.: Eiiri :.

PoseidonX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phidefya
Profile:
.: Dorian Ryder Ernest :.
"They always say water helps soothe the wounds."

Male
Poseidon
He controls the element water.
Marine biology
Dorian was raised by an old fisherman and his wife, something typical from some fairytale... Though the way he was brought into the family, is the strangest thing Dorian has heard of. It isn't your regular adoption plan.. His parents say they'd always wanted a child, but could never get one.. and coincidentally, when his father had gone out fishing, he was found on driftwood.. they said he was a true miracle that lifted their hopeless spirits.

Though, Dorian chooses not to dwell on the subject.. but sometimes it forces itself back into his mind whenever he comes near water. It leaves him wondering, just what happened to make him drift out in that sea all alone? Not to mention.. how the hell did he survive something like that as a baby?

Dorian is probably one of those strange people that aren't really accepted easily... the guy would rather have a goldfish than dog.
.: Phidefya :.

HeraX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavikz
.: Remington Autumn Xardel :.
"Never let the hand you hold, hold you down."

eighteen
female
Hera
She's very in-tune with the minds of women. She can feel pain before it even happens and she can see the underlying cause behind a woman's sorrow. She's a healer of broken hearts.
Women's Rights and Politics
Remy has no idea that her mother is a goddess. She does, however, know that her mom was of great importance. Nonetheless, Remy grew up without a mother and learned to be daddy's little girl. Her might, strength, and love for equality has driven her to be a very influential woman. Men fear her and women want to be her. She decided to attend college so she could continue to help women find their voice. She hopes to, one day, be one of the most powerful women in the world.
She is often seen as a tomboy because of her aggressive personality. However, she does all she can to dress like a woman. But don't let her looks fool you, this chick knows how to wield a shotgun.
.: Wavikz :.

AthenaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murjanah
Alcina Hannon. Nickname: Alexzander
[size=1]()[/ size]

Female
Athena
Shape shifter, is very smart like her mother, has amazing strength, and a BAD temper.
History
Alcina was told by her father when she was ten about her real mother. Her father calls her Alexzander becuse she acts like such a boy. She plays volleyball, softball, and wrestling (on the boys team). She is very nice unless you make her angry, which has caused her to move around a lot. She has trouble controling her powers.
Alcina is six feet tall, mixed black and white, weighs around 165 pounds.

.: (Murjanah) [/center]

ArtemisX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethrower1391
.: Akira Hasegawa :.
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."

Female
Artemis
My aim is impeccable, and I can communicate with animals. Even though it's not a power, I'm pretty good at convincing my friends to remain virgins until marriage.
Animal Science
During my childhood, I lived in Osaka with my father. I never knew my mother, and my father never discussed her. I always thought she was dead, and he didn't want to remember painful memories. At the age of 10, we moved to the US. It wasn't the best choice my father made, but there was nothing I could do about it. I was only 10 after all. His reasoning was something about constantly being reminded of my mother. Living in Texas was much different than living in Japan. It was much hotter and drier. Not to mention that some of the kids at school made fun of me for the way I looked. It was like all they've seen was hicks and gun-slinging rich folks. When I was ready to head to college, I had wanted to go back to Japan, but we couldn't afford it, so I decided to stay within the state.

Growing up without a mother wasn't easy. There was many things that a mother teaches a girl that I had to learn on my own or from someone else. It was quite interesting when I hit puberty, and my father tried to tell me about the birds and the bees. Not a topic that either of us enjoyed discussing. Luckily, we never had to talk about it ever again. One thing my father didn't enjoy was the fact that I was always bringing stray animals home whether they were dogs or rattlesnakes and scorpions. I just have a way with animals. One day, I even brought home a cougar. That didn't go over too well with the neighbors. I had to help them all, didn't I?

My favorite time of day is midnight.
.: flamethrower1391 :.

DemeterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Calyx0o
.:Acacia "Casey" Sito:.
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.

Female
Demeter
Casey can make plants grow, and they will respond to her emotions- expect everything in the room to wilt when she's angry or depressed. The weather also responds minutely to her mood- it may become cloudy and cold when she's in a bad mood, or sunny and warm when she's happy.
Medicine/Botany
Acacia grew up in the country, which fostered her love for nature and plants. When she noticed the way plants seemed to grow and bloom unnaturally around her, she nearly stopped gardening, until her father confessed that her mother... was actually her step-mother. Her real mother was the Greek Goddess of the harvest, Demeter, who her father meant while on sabbatical from school in Greece. Eventually, she grew to love her gift, and it grew into wanting to help people with a mix of natural cures and science. Casey felt strangely drawn to Olympia College, so she decided to leave her home state of New York (she hated it anyway, except for Central Park) and go to Texas for school.
Casey is afraid of fire and loves to dance in her spare time.
.: o0Calyx0o :.

HestiaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jupiter Alien
.: Phoebe Anne Pierst :.
"From a little spark may burst a flame."
X X
Nineteen
Female
Hestia
Fire manipulation - the ability to control, absorb, or create fire/heat
Performing Arts
When she was only a child, her father told her the reality of her genes - that her mother was Hestia, goddess of the hearth and home. Throughout her life, she has had a few brief moments face to face with her mother. In their first meeting, Phoebe was gifted with the ability to always be able to contact her mother, at least spiritually, especially in moments of need.

Because of her mother's history, Phoebe has a strong connection to fire, and is even beginning to master and seduce the flames. And despite wherever she may travel, she finds remnants that give her a sense of home. To Phoebe, fire is the essense of energy, of movement, and of life itself. When she came across Olympia College, it was a perfect reminder of her origin, her roots.
Phoebe is energetic, like that of a flame. She's described as firey, passionate, seductive, sometimes even abrasive or agressive. She loves to act and dance and is constantly doing something that involves movement. She loves the spotlight and being the center of attention
.: The Jupiter Alien :.

AphroditeX

.: Sierra Drake :.
“I’m a lover not a fighter.”

eighteen
female
Aphrodite
Manipulate feelings and knows the feelings of others
Psychology/Greek
I was raised by my father and step-mother, so it took me a long time to realize that my step-mother was not actually my birth mother. How was I to know the difference? When I found out the truth, I began rebelling against my parents, especially after my father would not tell me who my real mother was. I began looking into the details of my birth and found out that I was not even born in my 'hometown' of Olympia. I was actually born in Greece. I ran away from home at the age of fifteen, going to Greece to try and find my mother.

Once I got there, it was nothing like I imagined. As I looked into the details of my birth and found myself in a small town called Acrocorinth. Here there was a temple to Aphrodite. It was also where my father found me and told me about my mother. At first it was hard to believe, like he was making something up to appease me. Then he pointed out my powers, something which had seemed subtle at the time. After this I returned home and never told my step-mother what I had learned. I mostly mended our relationship and even decided to stay in the same city for college.

Sierra has three hot pink heart-shaped tattoos on the back of her left shoulder. She also has the cartilage pierced on her right ears and two holes in the lobes of both ears.
.: Eiiri :.

Last edited by Eiiri; 06-02-2011 at 02:47 PM..

Eiiri

Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 PM

Dorm Assignments:

Room 328: Zeus x Hades

Room 352: Ares x Apollo

Room 350: Dionysus x Poseidon

Room 308: Hera x Hestia

Room 310: Athena x Demeter

Room 312: Artemis x Aphrodite

I guess I'll note that this will start on move-in day at the college. They are all in the same dorm, on the same floor, with one wing being male and the other female, with elevators in the middle, "separating" the sides. Basically something like this.

Last edited by Eiiri; 06-02-2011 at 02:43 PM..

Eiiri

Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 PM

And now we're full!!!

Last edited by Eiiri; 06-02-2011 at 02:45 PM..

Eiiri

Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 PM

.: Sierra Drake :.
"I'm a lover not a fighter"

It was the end of summer, the weather still nice, hot even, the sun shining without a cloud in the sky. It was move-in day at Olympia College and around all the dorms there were large groups of people, all with differing emotions. Mothers were crying, sad to see their little babies going off to school. Fathers were stoically calm, trying not to show their emotions. In all of this, there was a SUV and a truck that had been carrying a freshman girl's stuff. Most of it was new, all in preparation for the young girl to move away from home, now it was waiting in her dorm room to be unpacked.

The family was small, just the girl, her father, and her step-mother. Her step-mother was yet another one of those mothers who was upset. The father was just laughing at her. The girl, Sierra Drake, was doing her best to calm the woman down. "Mom, its fine. We live twenty minutes away. Trust me, if the dorm food is all that its cracked up to be, I'll be home for dinner enough that you can't even tell that I left," she told the woman, calming her down.

This calmed the woman down enough for her to give Sierra one last hug, as well as her father. Both parents got into the SUV and drove away. Sierra waved at them one more time and headed back to the dorm. Reaching the dorm, she took the stairs, the elevators all busy from people moving their things up and down them. That and her room was right next to them.

She arrived in her room, piles of her belongings crowded around one of the two twin beds in the room. Hating clutter and messes, she starting putting her things away, making sure not to take up more than half of the space in the room. She put up a few posters she had bought, mostly Greek in origin. After all, her mother was actually Aphrodite and the subject of many of the posters.

The last thing to be done was making her bed. She covered her bed in a bright pink comforter, putting one of her many pillows covered in pink hearts on top of it. She hopped up on her bed and opened one of her new textbooks. She had decided to study psychology as well as Greek, and wanted a head start before classes started in a week. Plus, there was nothing to do before her roommate arrived.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 PM

ღ Akira Hasegawa ღ
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
College, the place you have to go to if you want a decent job anymore. A place where some party rather than farther their education. Why had Akira decided to take the step to better herself? There were many possible places she wanted to work. Zoos, conservations, out in the middle of rainforests and the Savannah. She wanted to help animals on a bigger level. Of course, she could become a vet if need be. She'd even work at the SPCA.

"Now, Akira. Stay away from those boys. They're nothing but trouble," said Makoto Hasegawa, Akira's father. He had finished helping Akira bring all her things into her room and was headed out.

"Father, I know." Akira had guy friends and crushes, but she never had a boyfriend. Guys where she was from just weren't looking for someone who was celibate. The girl couldn't be corrupted no matter how hard they tried.

Akira gave her father a hug before watching him leave. Walking into her dorm, she noticed her roommate sitting on one of the beds. She wondered what the girl was like. Would they get along? Where was the girl from? What classes was she taking? Would they have any of the same classes? Many questions when through her mind, but she dismissed them as she walked over to unpack her boxes.

She searched the boxes for the one with her bed contents. It didn't take her long to put on the brown sheets and white comforter with a cherry blossom pattern. After that was done, she unpacked her art supplies, books, and some art work that she had done. She hung the artwork up on the wall. It was manily animals and nature that she painted with watercolours.

After she had unpacked everything and put away her clothes, she plopped on her bed not sure of what to do. She had skipped breakfast, and her tummy was yelling at her for it. The idea of heading out for food was looking better and better by the minute, but she'd have to take a peek at the campus' map first.

~~ Setsurou Iragashi ~~
"It takes all sorts of people to make the underworld."
The trip to Olympia College was boring, and college was going to be just the same. Most of Setsurou's classes were held during the day which he didn't like very much. It was too bright out. At least, the weather was usually always on the warmer side in Texas. Not to mention that he'll get away from his crazy mother and step-father.

His step-father, Jose, helped him carry all of his boxes to his dorm while his mother, Chiyo, unpacked everything (which Setsurou didn't enjoy). It didn't take them long. He didn't bring many things with him. Striped sheets and a black comforter, two boxes of clothing, gothic poster, and a few electronics, books, and school supplies.

As his mother left his room, she said, "Beware of some of the students. They might be aliens."

Setsurou only rolled his eyes. Typical of his mother to mention aliens. Why did he have to have the crazy parents? The alien thing was quite common around these parts. People throughout the southwest have claimed to have seen aliens or believe in the whole conspiracy, but his father being Hades? Now that was weird. "No alien will get a chance to abduct me, mother."

He gave both of his parents hugs before they left, and climbed into bed. There was nothing he wanted to do and being bored wasn't going to be an option for him, so he went to sleep.

0ri0n83
Is your light going to guide me?
Send a message via AIM to 0ri0n83

Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Warren Seagram
"War, at its finest, is truly an art form."

Warren sighed as he placed the last of the boxes into the car as he slammed the trunk of the car shut. He spotted his mother who was bringing some last minute things out from the house. She glanced at him and smiled, to which he returned. She placed the last of the items into his lap once he was securely fastened into the passenger seat of the car. He glanced over to his mother as she got into the seat next to him and started the car as they left the small two story cream colored house that he had since called home. As the car sped away towards Olympia College his mother looked at him and said"Don't look so sad, Warren. A whole new world will be at your fingertips when you go to college. It won't be so bad." Warren looked at his mother as he placed a small smile on his face. He could tell that she was probably going through some form of sadness as well since he was an only child going into college. "Mom," he replied. "I'll be fine. Besides, if this school really lives up to its reputation I will be home even before you begin to miss me." Warren resumed his looking out the window as the van slowly pulled up to the dorms where he saw various other people walking boxes, futons, lamps, and other manners of bags into the building.

Once the car was parked Warren got out of the car with his mother as they both began moving boxes clothing, bedding, and other manner of things into the room. Standing in front of the door he smiled. This was the right room. Room 352. Walking into the room he looked at the twin beds that were there choosing the one on the right side of it since the sun wouldn't be hitting him in the morning. He went back and forth until all of his belongings were in his room. Glancing around the room he made sure that he had everything there. He walked towards his mothers, whose eyes were brimming with tears, as he brought her into a large hug, as he kissed her on the cheek. "Mom, come on," he said with a smile. "I'll call everyday." He knew that probably would not be the case, but he wanted to make his mother feel happy.

His mother looked at him as she pulled away from him. Her once sad face had become serious now. "Mom, is everything alright?" Warren's mother looked at him as she tried to smile but then she said,"Remember to make friends, because when you surround yourself with them, then you will be impenetrable by your enemies." Warren looked at his mother as he tried to smile at her as he listened to this weird information. "Thanks," he managed to say as he watched his mother get into the car and leave as she went back home. He watched her leave as he went back into his dorm room contemplating what relevance his mother was trying to make.

Vera Walreed
" In justice, the truth will always prevail"

Vera jumped, on her horse Shadowstep, into the air over a barrel as her horse landed gracefully on the ground. "Good boy," she said as she patted his strong neck as she walked him over to the stables. Glancing at her watch she noticed that it would be time for her to help her father and step brother pack the van so that they could head off to Olympia College, and inevitably her future. Getting off of her horse she walked him into the paddock where she took the saddle off and took care of him before placing him in his pen. She walked over to the main house where she saw the two men loading up their truck with everything that a freshman college girl would need to "survive" while at college."Vera," her father called."Are you ready to go?" Vera nodded her head but said,"Ya just about, but let me go and grab a few last minute things, and check around the house." Her father nodded as she went running into the house.

Once in her room she looked around and spotted some last minute things that she wanted to bring with her. She also brought her stuffed whale, Shiro, with her as well. Heading back down the stairs she added everything into a grocery bag before getting into the car and leaving for Olympia College.

Once there the move in process went by very fast, and soon Vera found herself on her side of the room surrounded by a ton of boxes. Kissing her father on the cheek she looked at him and said
,"If you ever need to come home for any reason don't hesitate to call. I'll be here." Vera rolled eyes and gave her father a look telling him that she would be fine. "Remember, Dad," she said. "I have to come home ever so often to take care of Shadowstep as well." Her father nodded and then kissed her again as he left. Once her father was gone she looked at her room not knowing where to start.

Last edited by 0ri0n83; 04-15-2011 at 10:24 PM..

Cassidy Lebeau
*^_^*

Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM

.: Quinlan “Quin” Desmond Hall :.
”Bolts from the sky equal smoldering pile on the ground.”

Quinlan was sprawled out on the roof of his car as he waited for his mother to wake up. So his father was [b]Zeus[/ b], Lord of Lightning Bolts and he was his son, the girl-chasing good guy who could have very well have been Aphrodite’s son. A crooked smile of disappointment was present on his face because there were no clouds in the sky. Well not every day could be absolutely perfect, the teen thought to himself. Birds chirped overhead and the voices of students crowding onto the campus were music to Quin’s ears and the vitality of it made him want to explore the school grounds. Soon, a stifled yawn rose from inside the vehicle and a soft voice floated through the open window, “Quin? Hon, are you out there?” Sliding off of the roof, Quinlan landed on her side of the car and said coolly, “I’m here, Ma. You ready to start unloading the car?” A tender smile breached the woman’s face as she peered at her only child. “Okay, the soon we get this done, the soon I can let my pride and joy make his way in the world.” Starting from the trunk of the automobile, the pair began moving the furniture to the dorm room.

Quinlan went over the room number in his head feverishly until the number burned into the core of his memory: Room 328. Placing the box that was in his hand onto the floor, he dug into his pocket to fish out the key.
He couldn’t quite insert the key into the keyhole without a few failed attempts before his mother, Saffron, took the key from him gingerly and opened the door. “It seems like someone doesn’t want to leave home just yet,” she said in her motherly tone. Quin smiled and shrugged, “Eh, it wouldn’t be a problem to stay home, but I do need to branch out a bit, Ma.” Poking his head into the room, he saw someone in the quarters. It must have been his roommate and he looked as though he was out cold. “Guess moving took a lot out of him. Or maybe he was up early.” Shrugging his shoulders again, Saffron and Quin unpacked the little belongings that he had as silently as possible. When they finished, she hugged him tight, kissed him on the cheek and said, “Well I don’t want to start cramping your style, so I’m going to head out. It’s a long ride back home, so promise me you’ll be safe and keep in touch as much as possible?” Quin nodded, understanding that she was worried about leaving him on his own, but he knew that she wasn’t going to suffocate him. “Alright Ma, I’ll call whenever I can, just don’t forget about me,” he teased, but then he blushed at her next words. “If you bring home a girl, make sure she’s a nice one. Not one of those girls like the last one you brought.” “Okay, okay, see you later Ma. Love you,” was all the boy could manage. They hugged one last time and she was gone. Looking around the room, he sat on his bed and gazed out the window. So this was college life.

Last edited by Cassidy Lebeau; 04-08-2011 at 04:23 PM..

Eiiri

Old 04-10-2011, 01:48 AM

Sierra looked up from her textbook when her roommate came in, but she didn't say anything at first. The other girl seemed to be occupied with getting her belongings into the room, which was understandable. After the girl seemed to be finished, as was just sitting on her bed, Sierra sat up and crossed her legs.

"Hi, I'm Sierra,"
she introduced herself, nervous about how they would get along. Looking at the other girl's poster, she could tell she was an animal and nature lover. Sierra never took much interest in such things. There was a slightly awkward pause in the room, making Sierra nervous, causing her to absentmindedly play with the charm on her necklace, as she always did when she was nervous. She always had trouble getting along with other girls, she blamed her mother for this.

Even before she found who her mother was, Sierra had a flirtatious personality. There had been several times where she took advantage of that information and used her power to control emotions to upset some girls. Those instances had ruined her reputation, now at college, she wanted to start fresh, that was what it was all about.

Sierra watched the other girl look at a map, slightly wondering what she was looking for. She could be looking at where her classes were, but taking a peek at the clock on the microwave, told her it was close to lunch time. She hadn't eaten much before leaving her house, she had been too nervous. "Are you looking for a dining hall? Can I join you?" she asked, hoping that eating could be a good way for them to get to know each other.

Last edited by Knerd; 04-11-2011 at 03:24 AM..

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 PM

Akira looked up at her roommate. The girl seemed to be nice so far. She wondered if the girl was a virgin. Having guys over constantly wasn't something she'd be okay with. She knew a little about college life from tv, and that part of it didn't suit her. Drugs, alcohol, and sex? Who needed those things? Drugs and alcohol kills people, and sex, well it should be saved for marriage.

"Hello, Sierra. My name's Akira Hasegawa." When the girl asked if she was looking for a dining hall, she looked at the map again. There were a few of them, but she was looking for the closest one. Even though it was beautiful out and she loved nature, she was starving and didn't feel like walking a distance to eat. Afterwards, she'd be glad to walk anywhere and everywhere. Be joined by a few birdy friends or squirrels. Maybe a chipmunk here and there. Even a poisonous rattlesnake would be welcomed.

"Yeah. I'm trying to find where we are, so I know how to get to the dining hall." She looked up at the girl again. Dining together might be a good thing. They could talk and get to know each other a little. "I'd be honoured," she said as she stood up and opened the door for the girl to walk out before her.

Setsurou stirred a little. He could hear some noise. People were bringing stuff into the room. Of course, he didn't wake up. Mere shuffling wasn't something to wake up over. If it was screams or something like that, then that's a different story. What woke him was the rumbling of his stomach.

Setsurou sat up slowly and yawned. He noticed a young man sitting on the other bed. So this is my roommate. Interesting. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, he got up and walked over to the door. Glancing over his shoulder, he said, "Hey. I'm Setsurou. I'm going to find the dining hall if you'd like to join me." He wasn't the type to invite people with, but it's college. He had to deal with the guy, why not be nice to him?

Cassidy Lebeau
*^_^*

Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Quinlan stared out of the window until he heard the boy across from him stir in his bed. He gave him a light wave and replied, "Nice you meet ya. I'm Quinlan, but ya can call me Quin." The invitation that Setsurou extended seemed genuine and it seemed to make sense to get on a roommate's good side. With a cool nod, Quin stood up and stretched, "Sure, I can eat. How far is the the dining hall from here?" His wallet was in his pocket and so was the key to the room, all that was left was waiting for Setsurou.

His mind raced continuously as he thought of everything that he would be experiencing at the university. New classes, new food, potential friends, but more importantly, a chance to meet new girls. Quin was raring to leave the room, but he figured he could try to get to know Setsurou. "So, Setserou, where are ya from?" he asked curiously.

Eiiri

Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM

Sierra smiled, happy that her attempt to make friends with her roommate worked out. She jumped off her bed and grabbed her phone, wallet, and room key. While meal plans were required for freshmen, they also needed their I.D. to get into the dining hall. She also didn't want to get locked out the room either, it would be way too embarrassing, especially on the first day of living there.

"So are you from around here?"
she asked, as they walked out, trying to get to know the other girl better. Sierra let Akira lead, she had tried to look at the map, but she was horrible with directions and Akira said she knew where the dining hall was. She knew that she would have to walk out her schedule before she went to class for the first time.

"Oh, what are you studying here?"
she asked as they continued to head towards the dining hall. She wondered based on certain majors required more studying that others. While Sierra was a good student, she also liked to have fun and party. She wanted to have a good time at college as well as get a good education. At the same time, she didn't want to piss off her roommate.

0ri0n83
Is your light going to guide me?
Send a message via AIM to 0ri0n83

Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 PM

Warren looked at his handiwork as he let out a sigh. He had all of his books unpacked along with his bedding and his notebooks and stuff. He had his T.V. set-up in the corner of his room with the PS3 attached to it. Glancing at the clock that was sitting on his table by his bed he noted that it was getting rather late, and he decided that he would go to the dining hall and find something to eat. He grabbed his iPod and left the room to go and find some form of a map to try and figure out where he was going.
Standing in front of a map he deduced that he needed to keep going straight to get to his destination. Finally, getting to his destination he decided that he would eat something quickly and then leave since he had to get up early for his morning classes.

Vera sighed as she looked at the boxes that were strewn about her room still not knowing where to start. Opening one of the boxes she began hanging up the clothes. A few hours passed and she soon found that she was completely done with what she was doing. Glancing at her clock she noted that the sun would be setting soon and that meant that she needed to get some form of food before she ended up getting lost again. She always had a bad sense of direction, even when she was little. Deciding that she would do the last remaining boxes when she got back from eating she went out of her room, found a map, and then went towards the dining hall.

Last edited by BellyButton; 04-23-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Removed flobs

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2011, 09:14 PM

Where was the dining hall? That was an excellent question. "I'm not sure where it is, but there should be a map around here somewhere. If that fails, we could also follow a possibly large group of hungry college kids." He opened the door and walked out in the hall. It seemed that there was still others arriving and unpacking. He wondered how long it would last, and what his neighbors were like. I hope they are loud. I'd hate to deal with them.

Setsurou turned around and walked backwards when his roommate asked him where he was from. "Oh just a little place in Texas. Not far from here. How about you?" He didn't really care about where the boy was from, who his family was, or what he was into, but one might aswell be nice or deal with a roommate that hates him. He wanted college life to be nice and easy, not a living hell.

Akira slung her lanyard around her neck, so it was easier to look at her map and walk. On it, she had her dorm and car key, school ID, and a few other odds and ends. She really hoped she had the map going the right way or else the two of them could get really lost. At least, there were others around to help them find their way if they need it.

"Yeah. It's just a few towns away from here. What about you?" Akira looked at the map when the two of them at reached the front door of the building. The closest dining hall was to the left, then the second building on the right. Shouldn't be too hard. She looked back at the girl when she was asked what she was studying. "My major is Animal Science, and my minor is Art. I like to paint nature. What are your studies?"

Eiiri

Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 AM

Sierra nodded, knowing many people who went to the school were from places relatively close to it, she was too after all. "I'm actually from here, on the other side of town," she told the other girl, following her towards the dining hall. She was glad to find that the girl was easy to talk to, especially since they'd have to live together for the year.

"I'm study psychology and Greek. I've got a bit of a fascination with Greece and things related to it," she admitted. It might have been a bit obvious, by her text books and posters, but she knew she could get annoying about it.

When they arrived at the dining hall, Sierra was relieved, she hadn't realized how hungry she had gotten. "I hope this food is pretty good," she grinned as they entered.

----------

Razz had been at the school for a couple days already, he had signed up for some program that lasted a few days before the school had their move-in days. While the program had been a bit of a pain, it did get him out of his house sooner. As much as he loved his mother and grandparents, he wanted out of the crazy house. Then again, he found that he would always be in a crazy house.

His roommate had not yet arrived, not that he minded. He liked having his own room and not having to worry about someone else being there, especially when he came back from parties. He was also glad to get there early as he was able to find his way around the campus pretty well.

He ended up making up his own schedule, doing things as he pleased. He ate when he was hungry, such as this moment. He went to the nearest dining hall, seeing a bunch of new faces, as it had been for the past few days. Razz moved around the dining hall, grabbing the food he wanted and found an empty table to sit at.

Last edited by BellyButton; 04-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: Removed flob

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM

(( 0ri0n83: and Eiiri: ~ just a reminder that you don't need to type each character's name as a decorative label each time they post. That's considered flobbing on Mene and frowned-upon because of the way our gold system works. Please PM me if you have questions, and please excuse the interruption! <3 ))

Cassidy Lebeau
*^_^*

Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 AM

Quin followed behind Setsurou sluggishly, moving at his own pace, as they tried to find the dining hall. He shrugged nonchalantly at his roommate's solution to find the building and said, "Okay, sounds like a plan to me, dude." Setsurou's comment about loud neighbors made it obvious that he wasn't the rambunctious type like himself. It wouldn't be a good outcome if he was to forced to live with an aggravated roommate, but Quin wasn't going to change his personality for anyone.

The answer that Setsurou gave Quinlan wasn't very detailed, but it didn't bother him. It was actually understandable because they didn't know each other at all, but there was no point in hiding where he was from. With a lax shrug, Quin expelled air from his lips, "Oh, okay. Well I'm from Louisiana.” He hoped that the boy wouldn’t ask him if he’d ever been in a swamp before. That seemed like a stereotypical question that people like to ask him and Quinlan loathed it. A thought popped into his mind: was it possible that Setsurou might be like him, in terms of having an Olympian parent.

o0Calyx0o
*^_^*

Old 04-26-2011, 02:51 AM

Acacia Sito kicked the door of her car shut with a heel. "Daddy, really, I'll be fine. I'll drive back for the holidays and stuff. Besides, you know I need a little more... greenery in my life. I've gotta use both my hands to get my stuff upstairs, I'll call you later. Tell mom I said hi. Love you." Acacia sighed, grabbing her bags out of the back of her car. He's so overprotective... but he means well. Glancing down at the crumpled note in her hand, she dragged her stuff to her assigned dorm, unlocking the door when she got there. Guess my roomie's already here. Probably at dinner.

Making a few more trips to her car, Casey finally managed to move everything into her dorm- including her bonsai tree, creatively named 'Sai.' As she poured a little water around the small tree's roots, her stomach rumbled. "Guess you aren't the only one who needs food, Sai. Better go find the dining hall..." Grabbing her keys, Casey headed toward the map she'd spotted on her way in. After locating the dining hall, she headed in the right direction, immediately veering toward the food when she got inside. After grabbing enough to hopefully quiet her rumbling stomach, she looked around for a free seat. Seeing a boy about her age sitting at an otherwise empty table, she headed over. "Um, hi. Mind if I sit here?"

(Talking to Razz, just in case it isn't obvious)

Last edited by o0Calyx0o; 04-28-2011 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: name change

Eiiri

Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Razz looked up from his food as someone spoke to him, seeing a girl in front of him. "Nope don't mind, go right ahead," he told her, indicating all the empty chairs at the table. He was glad someone approached him, then again someone usually did. There were too many students during the bus eating times for the number of chairs in the cafeteria.

He took a bite of the food, actually liking it. No one in his family could really cook and Razz was a bit of a picky eater. "So, I'm Razz. What's your name?" he asked in between bites, doing his best to be polite. He did want to make friends at school. College was said to be a good place to start again.

o0Calyx0o
*^_^*

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM

Acacia sat down, setting her plate and glass on the table. "Casey. Well, actually, it's Acacia, like the tree? But everyone calls me Casey. It's just easier." She blushed as she realized she was rambling. Smooth, Case. Real smooth. Taking a sip of her drink to compose herself, Casey looked up at Razz. She wasn't sure why she'd chosen this table to sit it- it certainly wasn't the only spot open, and there were seats closer to the line- but she felt like she could be friends with Razz. She also had a feeling that wasn't really his name, but it could just be that his real name was something weird like hers. "So, um, is this your first year here?" She asked, curious.

Last edited by o0Calyx0o; 04-28-2011 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: Fix size, punctuation

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 PM

"Interesting courses. I took psychology in high school and found it quite intriguing." When they arrived to the dining hall, she was glad. She didn't mind talking to the girl, but her tummy was growling like a grizzly bear. If she didn't feed it soon, it'd eat her insides out. "I hope so too."

She grabbed a plate and headed toward the food. She grabbed some macaroni and cheese, a chicken patty, some french fries, a small salad, a piece of pizza, and corn. It was a lot of food for a girl, but she was a very hungry girl. With a fast metabolism like hers, she needed to eat a lot or lose weight. She grabbed a table for the two and sat down.

Setsurou found the dining hall with no problem. It seemed that everyone in the nearby dorms were headed to the closest dining hall they could find. He didn't like the amount of people, but he'd just have to deal with it. He couldn't just tell all of them to go away and find a different dining hall. It would just be plain rude, and he wasn't about to be that.

He was surprised the boy was from so far away. He didn't think anyone out of state would come to this campus. To him, it wasn't the best there was out there. "That sounds like a long trip to get here. Did you drive or fly? Then something popped into his mind. Lousianna was fulled of swamps. "Have you ever been in a swamp?" He laughed at it as if it were a joke. Asking the boy if he's been in a swamp was like someone asking him if he spoke Japanese. He did, but that point was people were so steriotypical.

Cassidy Lebeau
*^_^*

Old 05-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Quin threw his hands above his head once he and Setsurou made it to the dining hall. "Aw sweet, man. I can really chow down in this place," he said enthusiastically. He quickened his pace as he neared the line to snatch a tray for one of the holders, when his roommate asked the dreaded question. "I drove here with my ma, but yeah, I guess it was a long trip. I might have and I might not have. I prefer to stay away from gators if I can, which means avoiding swamps," he said through a mask of laughter, but on the inside, he wanted to stick his fist through a wall. The son of Zeus began grabbing any kind of food his hands could reach until there was no room left on his tray.

Quinlan paid for his food and scanned the room carefully. He was looking for two things: a place to sit and a girl to get close to. The dual tasks weren't hard to accomplish for the young man as he noticed two girls his age sitting together. One had her plate stacked with morsels and it surprised him, but he figured that maybe she had a long trip as well. Taking the seat next to the girl, Quin whispered enigmatically, "Hey sweetheart, I'm Quin and the guy over there is my roommate, Setsurou. I'd really like to get to know you better, Miss..."

Eiiri

Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 AM

Razz nodded, smiling at her. "Yes, it is. Though I did get here early for this freshman program. They showed people around the city, it was kinda neat, but I got to move in early, so I know the campus fairly well by now," he told her, in between bites. She seemed a bit nervous, so he talked to hopefully make her feel more comfortable.

"So, you from around here?" he asked after a few moments of silence, after trying to think of something to ask. He wasn't used to socializing, but wanted to make the effort. She seemed nice and making a friend right away would be a good thing.

Sierra looked through all the food choices before picking out what she wanted. She wasn't a picky eater per se, but was choosy about what she did eat. She picked up a bunch of random food, her favorites from the selection and followed Akira to the eating area. There were plenty of places open to sit, but she was glad that Akira picked one for two people. It would get them a chance to talk.

At least it would have if right before she sat down, a guy took her intended seat. "Umm, Quin is it? That's my seat there," she told him, as politely as she could.