dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM

this RP is about two friends who have been planning to go on a camping holiday for atleast 2 weeks and now its time to see what happens after they have met up and made their way to the place they will be camping

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM

~Name; Rayna Saiuna
~Age; Unknown, usually appear about 17-19 years old
~Gender; Female
~Powers; Shape shifting (to half human, human), slight emental powers, some spirit/ghostly powers, from being animal - ability to speak with animal, plants

~Appearance; In truth, Rayna is animal spirit, caracal spirit in particular. She (on right), with her brother (on left, the sitting one).
However, she can shift into two other forms, one a so called "furry" (her favorite), and one nearly fully human, except for the ears and tail (in all forms, the colors are similar, despite pictures)

~Personality; Curious but cautious. Friendly, to certain point, but can be very suspicious, act cold. Hates lies, rather unforgiving (at least fully), with slight cruel streak. Usually does not put her self before others. Slightly unsure of her self sometimes. Hates to be pressured or commanded (but can be gently pushed in the wanted direction). Prone to swift mood and act/"personality" changes. Rather proud, mostly independant, freedom loving. Can be passionate about things, hates nature destroying.

~Equipment; Backpack with the things needed for camping, like food, flashlight, clothes, etc., her knives.

Last edited by sadrain; 06-06-2011 at 06:45 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Rayna closed her eyes for a moment, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air, filled with many scents. She recognized the scent of a rabbit, it probably had crossed the path ten minutes ago, and the delicious scent of wild strawberries, somewhere on the south. There was the scent of slightly wet grass and leaves, as it had rained in the morning, and also a faint scent of fresh water. And... A noise made her twitch and she quickly turned around, her eyes widening, before she started laughing.

"I think you jinxed your self, saying that traveling trough woods are no problem for you anymore," the girl said to Jake, who had tumbled over tree root, well hidden in the grass. His backpack was caught in the small branches, but he broke free with little effort. "We can walk slower, if you want," Rayna offered. "We have nowhere to rush, anyways. Unless you have some plans in the city for day after tomorrow? Like with that pretty bird shifter who follows you in school?" she teased the boy, whom she was friends with for a very, very long time, even before they both started attentind to their special school. They weren't of the same age, as such beings as her aged very slowly, if at all, but he had been her first friend when her strange family moved here.

Now, it was the summer break and they had decided to go to short camping trip. Rayna felt nearly like home, but for Jake, woods weren't as familiar place. Every time they went on a trup, he gave her bunch of reasons for friendly teasing, but the girl avoided hurting the boy's feelings for real.
OO C: As we really didn't dioscuss it, I assumed it could be world where there are bunch of people with powers, so there are schools for gifted, etc. He could as well be dragon shifter or something like that, which could explain his clumsiness in places like woods. usually he stomps over trees, lol.

dragonjake

Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 AM

~Name; Jake Dravis
~Age; 397 years old, which means he is quiet a young dragon
~Gender; Male
~Powers; he has the power to shapeshift into dragon or half form, and he can also control fire, he has others but he hasn't found them out yet

~Appearance; Jake only has two form, there is his half form

and his dragon form

~Personality; Jake will be a bit clumsy sometimes, but he is most likely to be clumsy in his dragon form since he tends to accidently stomp stuff or hit things with his tail, he can be clumsy in his half form too since his wings and tail tend to knock things such as vases off of their stands. despite his clumsiness, Jake is very friendly and kind, he likes to make new friends but tends to hang around with his already made friends alot, he also eats alot of food, since dragons usualy eat more, but his favoret food is chocolate and if someone steals his chocolate then he will become angry

~Equipment; just a back pack filled with equipment and also full with chocolate (:XP)

----------

(sure thing XD)

The young dragon sighed a bit at her teasing, the root had caught him off gaurd, he grumbled and snapped the special made backback from a couple of small branches "no, no... i dont want to go slower... this pace is good" his black scales soon turn red as he blushed from her comment "o-oh her?... n-no... m-me and her a-are just f-friends" he stuttered a bit, he knew she did follow him everywhere, he wasn't sure if she liked him like everyone made out she did.

Jake shook the blush away "plus, she doesn't love me... she just likes me as a friend" he said try to stick his head up, but ended up hitting it on a branch that was rather thick "ouch... dam trees" he grumbled as he looked up then back down at his friend "anyway... let keep walking" he said walking foward but soon ended up tipping over another root, this one was more visible.

(mabey later in the RP we could bring in more characters, like that girl XD and a guy who likes your character =3)

Last edited by dragonjake; 06-07-2011 at 08:44 AM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Rayna chuckled, seeing her friend blush. That happened each time she mentioned that girl and was alone enough reason for her to bring the subject up again every now and then. She was sort of a tomboy-ish girl, not really interested in boys other than interesting, tough play and adventure buddies, so there was no hint of jealousy. Besides, that girl seemed nice enough. Only, rather shy, but Rayna had learned to appreciate some quietness and reserved attitude, with all her noisy and sometimes nosey friends.

"Another question is: how much you like her?" she grinned at him. "But you don't have to answer, I am just musing here." Next moment, she winced, as Jake's head hit the branch. "I don't understand why you keep insisting on camping in woods if you know you end up with bunch of bruises and scratches every time, if not worse," Rayna shook head.

"There should be a clearing soon, we can stop, if you wish," she gestured further to the left side of the small path which the long grass had leaned over, hiding it from the sight for the most part. Rayna paused and stretched slightly and then started walking again, with quick and steady space, but not too fast for Jake to keep up with.
OO C: I guess we could. xD She really isn't interested in boys right now, though. xD So, it would be a challange. P=
I also have her brother we could dig out. *o* Eventually.

dragonjake

Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Rayna chuckled, seeing her friend blush. That happened each time she mentioned that girl and was alone enough reason for her to bring the subject up again every now and then. She was sort of a tomboy-ish girl, not really interested in boys other than interesting, tough play and adventure buddies, so there was no hint of jealousy. Besides, that girl seemed nice enough. Only, rather shy, but Rayna had learned to appreciate some quietness and reserved attitude, with all her noisy and sometimes nosey friends.

"Another question is: how much you like her?" she grinned at him. "But you don't have to answer, I am just musing here." Next moment, she winced, as Jake's head hit the branch. "I don't understand why you keep insisting on camping in woods if you know you end up with bunch of bruises and scratches every time, if not worse," Rayna shook head.

"There should be a clearing soon, we can stop, if you wish," she gestured further to the left side of the small path which the long grass had leaned over, hiding it from the sight for the most part. Rayna paused and stretched slightly and then started walking again, with quick and steady space, but not too fast for Jake to keep up with.
OO C: I guess we could. xD She really isn't interested in boys right now, though. xD So, it would be a challange. P=
I also have her brother we could dig out. *o* Eventually.
(YAY!!! P= plus, romantic characters are what i prefer P=)

Jake heard her question and blushed again "good... b-because i w-wont answer" he stutter as he hid his blush until it went, she knew it made him like this and he cursed the fact he was showing emotions, most other dragons never did "she is... nice... but h-how much i l-like her i-is private" he stuttered, but once his blush was gone he turned to look at her.

The words 'clearing' and 'stop' made him feel a bit better "that sounds great" he said as he began to follow her, mabey she had a point about him wanting to camp in the woods "well... i like camping in the woods because i can get away from school and have some peace from that area" he said blushing lightly "although, somethings i do miss while im away... like my bed, my food supplie, my games and... well... nothing"

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM

Rayna shook her head slightly, smiling to her self. "If only you knew that you basically already answered my question with that." Jake sometimes could be so cutely naive. It amused her how embarassed he could become when that girl was mentioned, even more than with his previous smaller or bigger crushes. Despite being a girl, she was the one who often listened to his talks about his like interests and also gave advices every now and then.

She decided to let the subject drop, or else he could start bugging her about similar things suddenly, and that would make everything very boring and tiring. She simply had nothing to tell, and preffered that way. At his other comment, she furrowed her brow slightly. "Well, you could always go home. But then again, I like to take break from our sometimes hectic every day life there, as well." The girl smiled at the thought of her brother, her parents. She was still thankful for having that safe haven to return to, each weekend after school. Her brother had grduated three years ago, and she still sometimes missed having him around.

"Here we are!" Rayna exclaimed, pausing on the edge of small clearing. Bright sun shone, filling it with light and creating interesting shadow games at the edges. She only spotted the strawberries she had smelled earlier. The clearing wasn't big, but they could probably set up a camp here, even though it would be earlier than she had planned. The girl turned to her friend, "would you like to camp here?" she asked.

dragonjake

Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Jake continued to fight his way through the tree and branches, he like the fact the torns didn't do much since his scales protected him from their clawing rage "how much further" he groaned as his stumoch growled, it wasn't unusual for his stumoch to growl since he ate alot when he was in half form let alone how much he ate in dragon form, and it seemed now he was getting to the point of being very hungry.

when they walked into the clearing Jake sighed with reliefe and moved further into it, then his image began to shake as his body began to shrink and shake, if anyone had been watching him shapeshift they would soon feel sick and light headed since that is the sort of effect it had on people, although Rayna would probably be used to it by now, the amount of times he managed to shapeshift before she could look away "this will make a perfect camping spot" he said taking out a few chocolate bars

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM

"Alright then, let's get to work," Rayna nodded and went to the far side of the clearing, taking off her backpack, and taking tent materials out one by one. If honestly, she didn't like carrying this thing around, and she preffered to sleep in her true form anyways, but tent was a good place to hide from rain and also rised much less questions than caracal sleeping by fire in middle of woods. Not that around these parts anyone was surprised at shifters and other strange beings wandering about.

Humming a soft tune, the girl started building the tent. The scent of chocolate reached her and her stomach quietly responded. It had been a while since she last ate... But better get this done first, then think of the food.
Luckily, she had gotten fast at this taks, with years of experience (during summer, her family camped nearly every weekend), and it took only a bit longer for her small tent to be set up safely. Rayna then looked at her friend, in case he needed some help (as he didn't have as much experience after all).

dragonjake

Old 06-07-2011, 05:14 PM

Jake finished off his chocolate and made his way to her tent, then next to her tent he began to get his tent ready "right... so..." he asembled the poles with ease, but then come the tricky part "hmmm..." he mumbled as he pushed one pole through to the other side, but this pole seemed too small "mabey that goes over there" he mumbled as he then took it out and stood staring at the tent "im going to burn this thing in a second" he mumbled in a happy tone (since he can't get angry easily) "hmmmmmmmm...." he stood there staring blankly at it

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Rayna didn't comment on her friend's confusion, just picked the materials and started putting them together. "This goes here, this there," she murmured to her self under breath, as she worked, and ten minutes later, Jake's tent was stanting up next to hers. "There you go," she smiled at her friend and brushed grass off her jeans.

"I am going to gather some wood now, for the campfire, and then we are all set, I think," she said. Her stomach growled a little louder this time, as if saying "about time." Girl looked over the small clearing again and then slipped into the forest. Few moments later, her apperance started changing, losing part of human features, her body became covered in short, sandy fur, pupils changed and eye color slightly changed as well, face features became closer to those of an animal.

"Ah, so nice," Rayna smiled and started gather small branches for their campfire. This was the second most comfortable form for her, but usually in city she chose to stick to the most human one. Her ears and tail were enough alone to tell she wasn't really human.

dragonjake

Old 06-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Jake smiled but was slightly confused still, she managed it with ease, but for him it made no sence, like a puzzle with a peice missing, he shook his head and nodded as his friend spoke about fire wood "ok, bring back alot and i will start the fire" he said as he chuckled a bit, he then pulled some chillis out "ah... perfect" he said shoving them into his mouth, this time there was a reason for him eating because when he eats chillis his fire then becomes more hotter and things set alight much more quicker "now im ready" he said chuckling a bit as he formed a few fire balls and chucked them randomly praticing his throw

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 PM

It didn't take her long to gather needed the wood and also some rocks to put around the fireplace and Rayna returned in cheerful mood. Another ten minutes later, fire place was built, the wood put in neatly and she stepped back. "Your turn, Jake, just don't overdo it... again," she grinned at him, and sat down, starting to braid her hair, as it was easier that style, when she was in her animal form.

dragonjake

Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Jake smelt her returning and smiled at the direction, when she appeared he smiled more and awaited her set the fireplace up, once it was all set and she said he could do his part, he ignored the dont over do it and he took the deepest breath he could which was double the humans standard and released it in a huge pillar of fire from his mouth, the flame struck the wood which instantly almost burned "whoa... was that over doing it?"

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM

"That was... definitely overdoing it," Rayna said, finally breaking the silence. She rubbed her forehead and sighed softly, but with a smile. "Well, I will gather more wood and this time, light the fire my self." she said as got up and fetched her back pack. "I shouldn't take too long. I am getting hungry," the girl laughed.

"Don't eat all your chocolate while I am gone, you will sorely regret it tomorrow otherwise," Rayna winked and then sprinted off in the forest. Despite the small accident, joy was spreading trough her body and she felt excited. The wind played in her fur as she ran, and Rayna loved that feeling, it alone could make her alive. Soon, though, she slowed down and started picking up the branches up. And the longer she did it, the more uneasy feeling crept up her spine, as if something.... someone was watching her. Something golden caught her attention, but it was just beyond the corner of her eyes. She swiftly turned her head, but it was gone, to reappear few minutes later, again, out of her sight, but near enough to be noticed.

The girl swallowed, her ears flattening to the head and she put the gathered wood down, starting to sneak in the direction where the light flashed the most often.

About ten minutes later, a loud noise scared the birds out of their spots.

dragonjake

Old 06-08-2011, 08:08 AM

Jake looked down in shame a bit as she spoke and nodded "ok then... i will wait here" he said and nodded at the chocolate comment "i can try not too" he said with a very feint chuckle. when she had run off Jake looked up and began to put his hand in the fire, he felt nothing but a warm breeze on his hand, causing him to chuckle, being a dragon did have some very good point, but also bad, like the fact he couldn't swim and the smallest drink of water could make him ill, and a glass full was destined to kill him.

Jake's fun with the fire soon stopped when he noticed a noise in the distance and saw the birds flying, he stood up looking at the birds but something struck his mind "thats the way Rayna went..." he stood staring for a few seconds but soon broke into a sprint, he did his best not to trip over, but even in this form he was prone to fall over, but he kept pushing foward, his mind was racing and his heart was dreading what could be ahead, was his best friend dead? injured? gone? he only knew that he had to get there as soon as possible

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-10-2011, 12:26 PM

When Jake reached the place from which the noise came from, he saw a clearing. But rather.... new one. The trees were broken down, some, that had suffered less, only had tips missing and everything was one huge mess. In the midst of it all, sat an animal. It looked small and fragile, compared to the disastrous scene around. Few moments later, it noticed Jake's presence and rushed towards him, leaping over the fallen trees like golden arrow. In the last jump, the body shifted and Rayna landed on all four, but now half human in front of him.

Her ears were flat to her ehad, tail bushed as possible and back arched. She was scared, or at least very much startled. "I don't... know what happened. I followed a golden light ball, to here, and then suddenly, golden circle appeared in air and..." she took few deep breaths, satting up on back feet and rubbing her temples. "Then something came out of that circle. Like a huge tail. No, more like hand. It was grabbing at things. And there was huge wind. That made all this mess. But after maybe a minute of chaoss.... The hand went back in and circle shut it self up..."

"I am so confused," the girl said, and indeed looked so. But she seemed to slowly regain calmer posture, but some fur on her neck was still standing upright. There was something strange about here... It smelled differently. There was a scent of... magic. But not one she had ever known. Rayna thought, altough, cast this idea aside quickly, that it simply didn't belong to this world.
OO C: I will be honest. I don't know where this is going.

dragonjake

Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 PM

((this is a bit confusing o_O))

Jake looked around and then looked at his friend "a hand? golden circle?" he was now more confused the his friend was "your telling me a hand made this mess?" he asked looking around at the damage that was caused and shivered a bit "mabey... well... tonight im going to be sleeping as a dragon" he gulped looking around for the golden light thing she spoke about "no hand will be grabbing me and beating me up" he said patting his friends back reasuringly "but hey... its probably gone" he chuckled and began to walk back "come on, i found a small amount of fire wood" he said chuckling "and this time im going to spit fire and not breath it" he chuckled as he looked back at her to make sure she was following

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM

OO C: Muse left me and bad period settled in. Am struggling with it and will try to reply now. Sorry again for the wait.
Rayna shook her head. "I shouldn't have said anything... I am not sure if he believes me, and if honestly, I am not sure if I do, too. But neither of us can explain what has happened here," she thought. The girl started walking back to camp, but once looked over her shoulder, to where the golden circle had been. She shivered, and wrapped arms around her self.

For a while, she didn't talk much, but then seemed to regain her usual cheerful mood and chattered about random things, but her thoughts were spinning around mostly only one thing - what she had seen earlier this evening. Rayna was trying to figure a way how to go back to clearing without Jake noticing. Usually, she hid nothing from her friends, but that place... It was drawing her, like magnet would draw a screw to it, and she wanted to be there, alone. Part of her understood that it wasn't wise, that it could get dangerous, but the curiosity and adventurous nature got better of her.

When the dusk settled in, and night started to draw its covers over the sky and woods, with stars twinkiling between the fast moving clouds, they ate their dinner. Rayna's eyes shone strangely in the flickering fire light, giving away the excitement, the anxiety hidden beneath her calm exterior. She stayed up for a while more, before curled up nearby the fire - the way she often spent her nights when it wasn't raining. And soon, she slipped into a light slumber, but her ears and nose caught the smallest changes in her surroundings.
OO C: Would be nice if she could sneak out of the camp. xD He can come soon after, as long as she get outs. xD Although... If he catches her half way, it works, too.

dragonjake

Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM

Jake had been concerned with his friend, but once he noticed she had began to come back to herself jake began to stop worrying as much about her, he still worried, but not as much, he knew he was stronger then him but she was much faster and therefor could handle herself perfectly fine, but the fact she had been his friend for a very long time, he felt it was his duty to protect her.

that night Jake was sat next to the fire on the opposite side of Rayna and giggled as he burnt some marshmellows and ate them "the best way to have them" he commented and giggled again as he saw her curl up, he smiled and when she was asleep, or so he thought, he brushed a bit of hair out of her face "good night Rayna, be safe tonight" he whispered in a brotherly tone, then he headed into his head and laid down "and see you in the morning" he whispered to himself as he fell into a deep sleep.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 AM

Rayna rested peacefully, her light slumber dreamless, but warmth filled. But even now, an anxiety of sorts was filling her and not long after Jake had went into his tent, her strangely colored eyes opened. For a while, she stayed unmoving, then sat up and looked about. The fire was slowly dying out, the last flames eerily lighting the clearing. Her eyes went to Jake's tent, then her own and finally to the direction of the destroyed spot of forest.

She stayed looking at for a bit, then in sudden, decisive movement, stood up, quietly went to her tent, grabbed her still mostly packed back pack and headed into the forest. For a second, she paused at Jake's tent, feeling bad about hiding this from her good friend, but then continued her walk, without making a sound.

Soon enough, she could see a faint golden glow seeping trough the trees and not long after, Rayna stood in front of a golden circle. It's light was neither warm or cold, but she found it immensely inviting. She raised hand and touched the circle. It rippled, like it was made of water, and her finger went trough it easily. The girl pulled it out, staring at the magical creaton before her eyes with wonder and then, suddenly, disappeared in it.

dragonjake

Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 AM

(i can't reply atm :()

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM

(Alright. Hope things sort out soon.)

dragonjake

Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Rayna rested peacefully, her light slumber dreamless, but warmth filled. But even now, an anxiety of sorts was filling her and not long after Jake had went into his tent, her strangely colored eyes opened. For a while, she stayed unmoving, then sat up and looked about. The fire was slowly dying out, the last flames eerily lighting the clearing. Her eyes went to Jake's tent, then her own and finally to the direction of the destroyed spot of forest.

She stayed looking at for a bit, then in sudden, decisive movement, stood up, quietly went to her tent, grabbed her still mostly packed back pack and headed into the forest. For a second, she paused at Jake's tent, feeling bad about hiding this from her good friend, but then continued her walk, without making a sound.

Soon enough, she could see a faint golden glow seeping trough the trees and not long after, Rayna stood in front of a golden circle. It's light was neither warm or cold, but she found it immensely inviting. She raised hand and touched the circle. It rippled, like it was made of water, and her finger went trough it easily. The girl pulled it out, staring at the magical creaton before her eyes with wonder and then, suddenly, disappeared in it.
Jake had a sudden nightmare which caused him to wake up with a start, it was still dark outside and he stretched a bit "it was only a nightmare" he whispered as she stood up and yawned a bit, he then opened his tent and peeked outside "Rayna?... you there?" he asked looking around, once his dragon sight kicked in he saw she wasn't outside "huh?" he whispered.

The confused half dragon then looked at her tent and snuck over to it "i hope shes not getting into her nighties" he whispered and and gulped a bit "well... i need to see if she is ok" he whispered and opened her tent, when he peeked inside the sight shocked him, then it followed with fear "oh no..." he said looking around her empty tent "no, no, no!" he growled as he glared to where the clearing was "Rayna! im coming!" he called out as he began to run.

Jake ran as fast as his leg could take him "please... please tell me she is ok" he said as a few tears fell "i have not been her friend for this long just to let her die now" he growled as he wiped the tears, he stopped as he saw a golden circle right in front of his snout "no... no,no,no" he stepped back a bit and growled as he clentched his fist "Rayna... im... im sorry" he said looking at the circle "please... please dont tell me your gone"

(he thinks that you die if you go in it XD)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Seconds passed, formed minutes and faded away, yet no answer came. The circle shone softly, sometimes dimming, sometimes glowing brighter. The forest was quiet, but not enough for it to seem eerie. And then, when it seemed nothing would ever change and go to back to how it was, the circle flashed and something tumbled out of it. This something turned out to be a bundle of soft, golden fur that quickly started changing, becoming a golden haired girl Jake knew so well, her backpack clutched tightly to her stomach. Her purple eyes were wide and she was slightly breathless, but it didn't seem any harm had been done to her.

"Oh, Jake!" she said, seeing her friend, and there were surprise, guilt and excitement in her world. Rayna saw that he had been crying, even if only for few tears. She brushed hair back, feeling extremely bad. "I am so sorry I went away without saying anything. I would have told you in the morning. Did you worry?" she asked, although the answer was obvious.