Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 05-18-2013, 04:18 PM

Halloween. Halloween wasn't what started it, but it's definitely what got them to where they were today.
She was a normal girl, age Twenty-Five, who still enjoyed the life of a kid. She pretty much lived it through her Two year old though.
Her little pride and joy, Joy.
Her woman's name, you ask? It's Nicola. Nikki, for short. She married a man a few years ago, and had Joy a year after the wedding. But, good things must come to an end, and her husband and her divorced. They ended on good terms, though, and he visits them often, just to see his little Joy.
The man's name was Xavier, but he's not important.
What is important, is the day on October, Ninth, Two-thousand and twelve.
She and Joy were walking to a store together, a Halloween store. Get them both a costume.
Joy wanted to be a princess. Nikki, wanted to be her favorite character from her favorite movie.
And, halfway to the store, she bumped into someone. Apologizing, she looked up to the man's face, and was shocked to see Mark Ruffalo's gorgeous face.
She stuttered, and stumbled, before realizing something. This was not Mark. She didn't know who it was, but it wasn't him.
She and her child continued to the store, after saying goodbye to the man.
Unknown to them, he decided to follow her, and go to the store.
They entered, and went straight to the little girl's aisle, thinking it easier to find her princess outfit, then a woman's Hulk outfit.
The man stayed hidden from their view. He couldn't help it, something about the woman seemed to draw him to her.
He knew he had way more important things to deal with. And she didn't even realise who he was. The man knew of the movies, and everything. In fact, he'd thought it to be normal. He may have been a character within the movies, but he had been there all along. He got used to the sort of thing.
She walked away from the dresses, her little girl holding a pink, frilly dress, which dragged on the ground.
The mother didn't care, her daughter wanted to carry her own dress, and thought it was adorable the way she thought it made her seem more grown up.
They headed to the grown-up area to buy her costume, and she decided to look in the men's area. Probably easier to find the items she needed.
Little did the man know who she wanted to dress up as.
Later that night, the Nikki and joy tried on their outfits, prancing around for one another, acting like the person they dressed up like would act, and just having fun.
That is, until Nikki heard a faint crash. She walked outside, and saw nothing in their front yard, so she walked back in, believing it to be nothing.
But, the daughter knew better. She checked the backyard, and called out to her Mummy.
"Mum! There's a man in our yard!"
Nikki rushed over, and saw it to be true. There was a man in there yard. A naked man. She covered her kid's eyes, and told her to go upstairs.
She grabbed a pair of her husband's old pants that he'd left there, and walked out to the man.
She threw him the pants, before seeing his face. This man, was the man she saw earlier that day. The man that looked exactly like Mark Ruffalo.
He slipped on the pants, which appeared to be a bit to big for him, and he had to hold them in place with his hands.
He grinned, embarrassedly at her, and she couldn't help but remember a scene in her favorite movie.
She looked back up to the man, and her tilted her head, but shook it at the silly thought. That wasn't possible.
He kept one hand on the pair of pants, and offered her his other.
"Bruce Banner. Yes, The Bruce Banner."
She stared at him, and laughed a bit. He almost had her believing him. But, it wasn't possible.
That night, he sat her down, and explained everything to her, even though she doubted him the entire time. She became friends with him, over the days that had passed, but never believed him. Until, that is, October Eighteenth. She made him angry. Bad idea. Luckily, they were out in the open, and, with the big green monster running at her, while she just stood there in shock, it was no surprise when a man, made out of metal picked her up, and saved her from the beast.
She looked up, and saw the face of her second favorite, Iron Man.
And she blacked out.
When she awoke, Bruce, and Tony were looking at her. And Joy was sitting on her, staring down, worried.
She didn't understand. Why did that happen to her? It wasn't possible! And even if it was, she was nobody!
And so, she asked.
Her only response, "Even the hero's were nobody. Well, maybe not all of us, but look at Captain America. Puny man. Big heart. Barely anybody cared about him. One little change, now everybody loves him. Obviously, there is something about you that attracted dear Green Man to you."
It was from Tony, of course.
She looked across the room, at her fake Hulk fists, and felt terrible, and embarrassed.
She looked back up at the two heroes, and her daughter got off of her, allowing her to sit up. Doing so, she took a deep breath, and suddenly wrapped her arms around Bruce's waist, Saying she was sorry for not believing him.
Of course, Bruce never expected her to believe him. He just really wanted to tell somebody. Living a secret life, just because some guys had an idea of you, a long time ago was not a good way to live.
They became close, Bruce and Nikki did. She'd even developed a crush on him. Not that she'd ever say anything. Ruin a friendship. Not just any friendship, but that of a superhero. No thank you.
So, the day of Halloween was coming quickly, just a few more days left. Nikki had gotten herself a new costume, seeing as dressing up as a friend might be kind of insulting. She was going as Cat woman. She refused to stray from the superhero area that she loved so much.
But, one thing was certain, as she made Bruce sit in front of her and Joy, even as he desperately wanted to get up.
He was Trick-Or-Treating with them.
She finished the make-up, and had already forced the items on him.
Oh, he was Trick-Or-Treating with them.
He was Trick-Or-Treating as himself.
She grinned. "You look amazing!"
"And I feel like a fool, which is, most likely, what I look like."
"Hey! I was going to dress up in a costume very like that one right there. So shush!" She grinned, and hugged him as they went to the mirror so he could look at himself.
He glanced at himself, but his eyes remained on the woman next to him. She'd just forced him to do one of the stupidest things ever. And yet, though he wouldn't admit it, he was having a lot of fun.
He didn't think he'd find a normal human that could act so.. Normal, around him. It made him happy.
The night of Halloween of Halloween was finally there. Or, should I say here? Seeing as, as I tell the tale of the two, it is indeed Halloween night.
And the three went to every house they saw. Except the scary ones, that Joy refused to go to.
The night went very well, and, as Joy walked up to a house, alone because she would have had a fit otherwise, Bruce and Nicola made an attempt at small chit-chat.
"The night's going well." Bruce commented, looking over to her.
"Yeah. Half expected you to Hulk out." She grinned, and he looked around, worried that anyone heard that.
"Relax, Bruce. You're dressed up as Hulk. Who's going to take you being hulk seriously?" Her grin widened, and she stared up at him.
He shook his head, chuckling to himself.
"You know, you asked what was so special about you? Why we came to you, and let you know that we were real?"
Nikki nodded, looking up at her dark-haired crush.
"Well.. I think I've figured it out." Bruce looked to the sky, before continuing. "Do you believe in love at first sight, soul mates, and all that?" He asked looking back at her, who just stood there with a surprised expression. That brought an amused grin to his face.
"Well, how special do you think Hulk's love interest would be?"
Nikki and Bruce stayed quiet, staring into each others' eyes, before he heard her mutter a small, but yet so large comment.
"I love you."
And with that, their lips crashed together. They got lost in time, worlds becoming one, in the best kiss they'd both ever had.
That is, until Joy pranced up.
"I knew it!" She shouted, in her baby voice.
The two pulled apart quickly, and looked down at the girl before laughing. They got in their car, and decided they had enough candy for the night. They drove home, to what would, in a year, be known as Mr. and Mrs. Banner's house.
Who am I, you might have asked? Just a little, informing bird of the name Betty.

For the full 'gossip' visit Skulduggery's 'About Me'.

Reviews on Skuduggery

"First of all, write a haiku for Skulduggery!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn View Post
This man with a rose
searches for someone to love -
at a wedding. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Curious eater
Of the floral persuasion
Rose, om nom nom nom.
"What's he thinking?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
"Oh yes! A rose plus wine! Papa goin get some tonight!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"Now to figure out how I'm going to drink this punch with this rose in my mouth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
"Don't I look like quite the dapper prince charming! ;D"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"I'm fancier than all of you."
"I heard he was put into detention for.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The user above me was put into detention for making moves on the teachers. YOU'RE HERE TO LEARN, DAMMIT, NOT SEDUCE THE STAFF!
Quote:
The user above was thrown into detention because the roses he brought caused a mass attack on the students with pollen allergies. For shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
The user above me was put in detention for flirting with the teacher! She found him laying on her desk with a roar in his mouth.

"What was the first thing you noticed about him?
Quote:
New curtains!
Quote:
The white curtains. Or drapes. Or whatever they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I see the sea of red roses.
"He's quite the player; why did YOU divorce him?"
Quote:
"Because he never shares his spiced wine. T>T THA HORRORO!" "Oh and if the wine wasn't enough he was a cover hog!!"
Quote:
Flowers are not part of a well balanced diet, contrary to a certain someone's belief. Sure, he made breakfast in bed, but it was usually something weird like a dandelion salad. We went to a friend's wedding together and he sat there eating the table arrangements and ignoring the perfectly good meal provided to us. It was humiliating! I can't live with this anymore!
Quote:
I divorced Skulduggery because he lost his sense of wonder and replaced it with expensive trinkets. Don't you know that money can't buy happiness? I mean, not that I'm not going to divorce you and receive half of your finances or anything, but--oh, look! A cat!
Quote:
I just couldn't stand the smell of roses anymore! Rose scented cologne. Rose scented breath. Rose petal candies. Rose colored curtains. I was surrounded by roses of every shade and description and just couldn't handle it anymore!

"Pick one word to describe him."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
suave
Quote:
Playboy ;P