Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Seri feels the need to start off by saying that she fails at keeping to an exercise schedule and that she has more or less become a stagnant computer using lump since graduating from college. Sitting around eating junk food and coming downstairs for meals is hardly a healthy way to go about life, but she's never been able to keep at an exercise routine for more than just a day or two. Motivation is something that she tends to lack, after all (it comes with depression and the like and not being able to find work seems to do quite a bit to induce that...go figure).

She would very much like to change this, so she decided to try Fitocracy, figuring that having a bit of encouragement from like-minded souls as she went about trying to get in shape would be helpful. We shall see how it goes, but if any of you are doing this as well / are interested in trying this out and need motivation / encouragement, feel free to pop on and add her.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM

I ADORE Fitocracy! I've always found it very motivating and encouraging. Not only does it help you discover new ways to exercise, but it gives you a small rewards system that lets you gauge how much work you've done each day. The points system has some obvious troubles, but I like being able to compare my efforts from week to week.

My username over there is - you guessed it - Knerd.
Anyone who's interested is free to add me.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM

I am definitely adding you.
Let's be classy and motivated together!

Also, holy balls your level. How long have you been using Fitocracy?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Since August? I remember tracking some of my longer hiking trips on the website, so I must have started in the late summer.

I try to log about 1k worth of exercise on there each day. I belong to a couple challenges right now, so that certainly helps. Right now one of my groups is challenging its members to see who can run the farthest within the month. I've got about 35 miles tracked since January 1st, but I'm not even in the top 25. Some people on the site are truly insane!

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Wow, that's quite impressive! I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the site, but group challenges sound like a wonderful motivator, so I'll likely around to checking them out at some point.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2013, 12:04 AM

Seridano:

If it's alright with you, now that we have a Health & Fitness forum, I'm going to move this thread over there. I'd love to see more people on Mene connect with Fitocracy and start tracking workouts together! We could even create a Mene group if there are enough people interested.

I'm still a big fan of this site. It's been a nice motivation to workout, especially when it comes to weight training. Being able to look back at past workouts and see my improvement is a big deal. It's also nice to be able to easily calculate how many miles I've run so far this year. Seeing that number go up just makes me want to run even more! Without Fitocracy, I probably wouldn't be half as active.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 AM

Sounds like the perfect place for it (and now I feel like I've contributed something to the new threads, yay!).

I'll admit that I kind of let it (and the whole workout thing fall by the wayside during and after the move. I've really gotta get back to it, I rather enjoyed the site, encouragement, method of tracking, etc.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 PM

I've never heard of this before o.o I might try it out, although I'm already a member of so many fitness sites xD I'm on sparkpeople, myfitnesspal, caloriecount, and I'm pretty sure there's at least one more.....lol xD

I was trying out sites as you can tell, my favorites are sparkpeople and myfitness pal though.

I taking y'all like fitocracy?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM

In my opinion, one of the best things about Fitocracy is that it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss. You're not calorie counting or monitoring your diet, you're not getting rewarded for restricting yourself. It's purely about recording your exercise regime and trying to improve your abilities.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 PM

You don't "have" to do those things with sparkpeople and myfitnesspal either (you can though of course if you want), I usually choose to at least track what I eat, even though I really don't do the whole calorie restriction thing, I do it mostly to track vitamins (and other similar things) and to see what I eat. I spend a lot of time asleep and tend to skip a lot of meals (more then I realize!).

I like the workouts and recipes sparkpeople provides to, they have quite a few chair workouts, that I think would really help my Mother (or mean when I'm lazy!)

But I did join fitocracy, and I'm still getting used to it

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 PM

I'm on Fitocracy too - it's fun to see my stats and how I'm progressing (or not) with my lifting.

I'm siaasgn on there as well - feel free to find and follow me :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 AM

*checks it out*

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Psst - For anyone who is on Fitocracy, the company that makes Quest bars is currently hosting a challenge where you can win up to a year's supply of workout bars!

Just for signing up, you can get a free sample of two Quest bars. Just take a look at the challenge page or go straight to this page. It's only for people in the US who have joined Fitocracy, but hey - Free stuff is free stuff!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-01-2014, 04:35 PM

thanks for the info, Knerd
llonka:, maidenroseheart:, @
y'all might want to look into this
=)

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-01-2014, 05:46 PM

Neat-o. Not going to lie, I kind of fell off the wagon and disappeared off of Fitocracy when I moved to the city. Should really try to get back into it (and possibly get Tam invovled so that I have a buddy...always helps to have a buddy nearby motivating you).

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Okay I'll sign up but I'm not promising I'll work out like everyday.. i'm pretty lazy and concerned with getting some weight off first before I really start hardcore exercising. *signs up and sees what it's all about*

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-01-2014, 05:55 PM

I know that feel. I keep telling myself that I'll start taking yoga classes or get a gym membership now that I live in the city where such things are readily available and more or less convenient...and yet....me...exercise...I'm so bad at keeping up with such things and/or motivating myself to do them (which is probably why my Fitocracy profile often looks like a ghost town).

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-01-2014, 06:56 PM

I added everyone, of course I'm llonka. :)