monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 04:22 AM

I once lived in a house like that, sortof. Small apartments in an old house (7 of them)
But they were in terrible condition.
The house actually got condemned shortly after I moved out. Its going to be one of the only historical buildings on that street to be torn down because its in such bad shape and the foundation is a wreck that no one wants to pay for fixing it.
Not even the historical society locally. Its probably going to fall down before they get around to it though because tearing down historical buildings is always nightmarish.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 11-29-2017, 04:48 AM

:( That's really sad to me, I love the old Victorian buildings. But foundation issues do suck, they are probably afraid if they take out one support beam the whole thing will collapse on them. Everything in mine was pretty newish, 90's era but one off the girls on the main floor had one of those awesome clawfoot freestanding tubs that was original to the house though it was lovely.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 05:03 AM

I agree, but the layout of the place was terrible, and nothing "original" was really left inside. And the floors were rotting away, windows and doors were warped or otherwise ill fitting. The kitchenettes which were supposedly installed originally in the 70s and updated in the 90s were in pretty awful condition. It was cheap though. :/ My bf didn't want to pay more than $500 for rent (total, including my half) which is insane because he also wanted to live within a 10 minute walk of his work, and he worked right outside a college. -.-" We had one bedroom, a small room to the side (which was too small to even put a table or desk in so we just piled junk in it) which didn't have a door so when we'd open the front door it looked like we were hoarders. :/
The bathroom shower also leaked and the landlord was like, "eh I don't care just put towels down"
we also had no access to laundry there and would have had to walk several blocks to the nearest laundromat...with soaking wet towels. uhg.

Last edited by monstahh`; 11-29-2017 at 05:06 AM..

Bound Birdie

Old 11-29-2017, 05:17 AM

HAHAHAHAHA 500 for rent that's what I pay for my space in an rv park. Even the tiniest studios are 1,500 out here now, your lucky if you can get a roommate for 700 or so :( it wasn't always like that but thats why I had to retreat and go live in a shed on an island and save up my money o.O That sounds like the shittiest landlord ever. Obviously as long as he had someone still willing to pay some money he wasn't considering putting any money back in o.O no wonder it was condemned...
I feel you on the laundry issues though. I still haven't gotten a washer/dryer of my own yet, and even though the park has it's own laundry room it's still not super close and only has 4 machines that are ALWAYS full, and because of that you have to be there the second your stuff is done or people just empty your wet clothes onto a table thats in there, making me feel like I should just wash everything all over again >{

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 05:25 AM

eww yeah i hate when people would take my stuff out of the machine like 5 minutes after it was done
like have some CHILL people. o-O
I started taking people's half done wash out of the machine though and putting it directly on the floor
and it stopped. :)

Also it was a female landlord who did this and last time I heard she was being sued, because when the house got condemned people had months of leases still left and they had 0 notice to move out and had to move out immediately because it was condemned and she didn't follow ANY of the laws regarding that.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-29-2017, 07:53 AM

sounds like she fucked over a lot of people o.O Bet a little maintenance on her building looks like nothing now XP

well the laundry thing, maybe if it was just one person that did it they would get the message but there's seriously over 100 people in this park and 4 washers and dryers, not enough... plus there's a lady that waits until she has NOTHING left and for a day out of the month theres no point in even trying, she uses every machine and then waits in the laundry room with her other 3 extra hampers of dirty clothes that still need to be washed O.o I tried waiting until one of her loads was done and she freaked out just because I was waiting, I was like your waiting you can't just commandeer everyone ability to have clean clothes! I would almost just take them to a real laundry mat but they are like 7 as opposed to 1 dollar to run so I have to balance how much I hate people with how broke I am XP

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 AM

That's insane. 4 machines for over 100 people?
o-o
I'm glad we have laundry in-unit in our apartment now.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-29-2017, 09:11 AM

yup we have like 35 or so spots most are couples and most of the couples have 2+ kids which I don't know how they tolerate it, ,y neighbor has just a little 35ft rv and her and husband live there with 4 kids O.O the oldest is 12 which has got to be lame for the kids, gotta be 0 privacy in that home

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 09:34 AM

haha i could not do that. I live in a decently large apartmenmt complex right now. But some dickwad keeps breaking into people's cars and more recently at least in our parking for our building, someone has started keying cars.
And then the neighbor upstairs...
Man I wish I could afford a house.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-29-2017, 06:30 PM

I kinda cheated that and went tiny house :) Which in a lot of ways is perfect for me cuse I'm way to lazy to clean a full size house all the time, and it's all the space I need, but I really need land to put it on now. Until then I'm confined to rv parks or other peoples yards. I'm hoping to buy some as is house that doesn't have any major structural issues (I could fix almost all cosmetic and minor issues on my own) then I put my house in the backyard and rent the house out for income :) but getting the savings is another story :(

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM

I have too much clutter and a cat that likes his space (though his space is usually about 5 feet from me)
when we first moved into this apartment he was extremely unhappy.
He still is kindof "pissed" off because he keeps marking territory I think. :/
But I bought some product called Feliway and it helped for a while, but I ran out without realizing it and literally next day he peed in my goddamn blanket.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-30-2017, 07:21 AM

Well I actually have a dog, but I adopted her from the pound and she's almost 10 so she doesn't need a lot of space to run I think going to a smaller area is hard on an animal so even though my space isn't much bigger, it's still bigger then it was and it's enough for her she basically occupies the couch.
Is he fixed?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-03-2017, 08:11 AM

I adopt too

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2017, 08:49 PM

I normally try to adopt, never actually got an animal from a pet store. I just feel for the animals at the pound. Plus got my baby all pre trained she never does anything wrong and she's always so happy to get any love :) much better than a puppy chewing up stuff when I'm at work.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2017, 08:54 PM

I have a soft spot in my heart for people that adopt

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2017, 09:35 PM

Me too :) We have an awesome event here every year called "the pug crawl" and people dress all the pugs (seriously like hundreds show up) and parade them. All the funds raised go to the humane society and they gather all the pug and pug mixes that need to be adopted and bring them out. Every year every single dog has gotten adopted within the first few hours, it really awesome. I've heard they're doing a corgis on the coast version as well next year :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-25-2017, 06:16 AM

corgei's are what the Queen of England has, yeah?

Bound Birdie

Old 12-25-2017, 06:51 AM

YES!! lol SO many corgei's for like her WHOLE LIFE she has always had at least 2 XD

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-26-2017, 02:59 PM

oh my god birdie you aren't purple
*mind blown*

Bound Birdie

Old 12-26-2017, 03:06 PM

LOL I know so strange! It's just for hummy :) thinking about putting it in the avi contest even though I never really do those.
Plus she started out lavender but on my laptop the lavender looks WAY more pink then it does on my tablet and I was like oh no... can't be in pink lolz

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-26-2017, 03:13 PM

lol
I am still having trouble changing my avatar.
I want to reset my password but I fear because its the holidays it might take a few days to sort out. and....ehhh... not sure I care enough.
besides this avatar is pretty nice IMO

"too busy" *scoffs*

Bound Birdie

Old 12-26-2017, 03:19 PM

Yeah I lucked out, my multi equips work on chrome on my tablet but not chrome on my computer O.O but at least I didn't have to go to IE. Changing passwords is very scary, especially when your like me and don't know if the emails even valid.
I liked my but it's tradition for me to use my head on all holidays :)
You always very nice avi's the color and balance are always spot on :)

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-26-2017, 03:42 PM

I think I know which email this is linked to, but, I think mene is having problems *sending out* emails...so I'd probably have to directly go to an admin. Which would mean I'd have to find the staff email and hope someone's reading it during the event (most people probably have a billion things to do right now so it wouldn't surprise me if I had to wait anyway)
I'll do it eventually....just not sure i care enough for this event...zzz
also i might just be a little frustrated now because i picked up my pack of cigarettes and its empty >-o
i hoped my bf picked up more last night but I don't think he did, rip

Bound Birdie

Old 12-26-2017, 03:56 PM

Yeah I might wait till after the event, when I was trying to get re-logged into my mule when I first came back I just casually mentioned it to an admin (I think Zig) when I ran into them in the forum. That worked >.<
I am a little disappointed in the commons so far jc the island stuff doesn't seem to fit the season, and I just not big on fur as look, so I just got like all the sarongs that I wanted, works for me as long as the roll-over works
OH I feel you, I went last night without any because I had kinda stressful x-mass so I went through way faster than normal. So I went to sleep hella early to try to stave off the nic -fit till I could get some more xP hate being addicted

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-28-2017, 08:56 AM

I think you will love the first event rare =3