`Yume
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to `Yume Send a message via Yahoo to `Yume

Old 12-22-2007, 07:23 AM

I think I'll give it a shot. I'm not the best writer but I have a lot of things going through my head! XD

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-22-2007, 12:02 PM

I have a really great idea for a story, but my spelling and grammar aren't the best so mine probably wouldn't do very well...

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nightgaunt Send a message via MSN to Nightgaunt

Old 12-22-2007, 01:51 PM

You should do it anyway Phe! I might give it a go, but I'm not decided yet.

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-22-2007, 02:40 PM

Hello everyone.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 12-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Yeah, you should all try I think!

Sure, I do like good grammar and spelling, but it's not going to make the decision 100%. A lot of this will be entertainment value. And yes, we do like humorous stories/poems too. :D

future
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 03:45 PM

Woah. O: My first time looking in here and I think I really like it. >w<
I hope to enter this!
Do we just post our entries here?

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-22-2007, 04:02 PM

Woo! An entrant! XD

Yeah, just post your entry here. :D

Smerdle
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Aw, yay. I love writing completely dumbass rhyming poetry! It reminds me of this whole story thing I wrote back in the day for a Ninja Monkey on Gaia. *nostalgia*

I'll have to try whipping something up between doing SSs. mwahahahaaa <3

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-22-2007, 04:32 PM

Do it do it do it!

What's up lady? How've you been?

I've been absent from Gaia since the event began... but this event is so much more interactive than Gaia's... XP

I like your outfit. I'm glad you're actually wearing it! XP I should get that jacket for my male mule... XP

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 12-22-2007, 04:59 PM

I shall try and enter... ^^

If not for anything else, than at least to support writing contests as an alternative to any other art contest... My drawing skills require a lot of me to be good enough for a contest, but I can always write something ^^

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 PM

Here's my story:
The snow covered menewsha like a soft blanket. That day, Fuyumi had finished making her Christmas cookies. They were very good.

Fuyumi delivered all the cookies to her wonderful friends, before going out and walking in the snow.

The beautiful crystal like snow seemed to dance in the air, twirling slowly. The red head watched the snow, her green eyes full of curiosity.

Fuyumi finally reached the woods. The trees were dusted with snow, and looked very beautiful. Soon she began to dance under the trees with the snow, her red dress twirling as she did so.

Finally she stopped. Something had caught her eye. A daffodil? It was in full bloom, too. Fuyumi approached it curiously, wondering how it could survive in the winter.

She stared at it for awhile. Finally, the girl picked the flower up, and it soon began to glow.

Out came a fairy, who soon too began to dance in the snow. Fuyumi was instantly fascinated by the fairy clothed in yellow, it's wings sparkling brightly.

Soon the fairy stopped dancing, and winked at the red head. She then disappeared, leaving behind a fairy PEZ Despenser.

Heading home, the girl dressed in red hummed happily. When she got there she made a new kind of cookie. One with PEZ candy in it. They became very popular and soon Fuyumi was baking the cookies every week. Fuyumi loved her gift, and found that it never ran out of the wonderful candy it produced.

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Aisha; Yes, you post them in the thread. :3 I hope you enter!

Nephila; It's not required, but if you wish to do it that's just fine as well. :3

Phedre; Don't worry too much about that! :D Like Sizz said, it's not going to make or break the decision.

Dearest; That sounds great. <33

Woo, Fuyumi, first entry! :D

I can't wait to see everyones entires. <33 -goes to add Fuyumi's story to the entires post-

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 12-22-2007, 08:00 PM

Really? I'm the first? I guess that means I'm original then ^^ lol

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-22-2007, 10:51 PM

The falling sun cast its fading rays to the darkening sky, its dying breath interwoven into the coiled tresses attached to a young Menewshan's head. She was an odd little thing, poorly dressed to be standing alongside the many snowflakes combined to chill her bare feet. But she did not despair, casting her odd, hesitant smile upon the guiding light of candles standing proudly at windows. She was not content nor displeased. Apathetic? Almost. But then why the shy, knowing smile?

"Beautiful," a deep voice murmurs, as a festive group of carolers pass. "Almost worth it be here for the Holiday Season, don't you think, Dys?." Where had it come from?

"The weather is crap," the ever-pessimistic Dystopia retorts, her smile fading instantly. She preferred not to sugarcoat. "At least you don't feel cold!" Was she talking to the instrument she held in her hand?

She tries to rub her vulnerable belly, only to realize that the cold had traveled from her bare shoulders to her palms. Stiffening, Dystopia slowly takes a breath and counts to ten. Her breath writhes midair as if in agony, curling into wisps that almost resembled the twists of her icy blue hair. If this assignment wasn't so important, she would've lost her temper long ago.

"Now, now." It was the deeper voice again. "Let's not be feisty."

It was the harp Dys held that spoke to her, a harp curved into the shape of a crescent moon. It was a masterpiece of metal, its- His?- surface decorated with soft curls. The etchings were so delicate, as were the serene features carved into the enchanted gold. Even the winter hued gems adorning its top were so perfectly polished.

But it was not the face that changed with speech, but the blue strings. The voice was perfect, musical. Hearing it speak was hearing a musical, the note distorted only when the outermost string collided with the star dangling from its upper tip. And as this was not normal behavior for an instrument, the lack of people in the streets at this time was a stroke of luck. But obviously, Dystopia was not impressed.

"WHY I OUGHTA-"

"Tsk tsk! Keep your temper better, girl, you're supposed to be an angel!"

Dys turns about indignantly, using her hand to bop her crooked halo back into place. Unlike the traditional circle that most people depicted a Halo in, this one was shaped like a golden daffodil in its prime. It lit the young female in a holy aura of golden light, causing her entire body to be set ashine with stars. It was true. She was supposed to be an angel, and everyone else in her age group had earned their wings. And here she was, still trying to prove her worth.

Suddenly, the navy gem on her bracelet began to shine and emit a series of beeps. Dys groans and somehow dislodges the coil of gold from her forearm and jabs at the tiny gem. When she saw the name of her caller, she had to groan again. Ignoring the neat script imprinting the name of her supervisor on the blue surface, Dystopia continued on her way. This was not the best time in the world for her ever darling boss to be yelling at her.

One thing. She had to do one thing. All she had to do was recover a certain PEZ dispenser before its secrets were unlocked. Yes, a PEZ dispenser. It was an innocent enough thing, the cartoon character heading the blue plastic happening to be none other than an angel. But it wasn't just that. When opened, it contained the oceanic beads used by angels as communication. It had been disguised to be safely carried through human world and transport elsewhere.

Dystopia scurried into the bakery, breaking off from her troubling memories long enough to accept a cookie offered to her by a generous shopkeeper. After thanking the woman, she sulks about in a corner, to much disapproval from the Harp. The baker shook her head. People these days would do anything to look stylish, even freeze their toes off. Since when was frostbite and beeping jewelery a fashion anyways?

After warming up enough to feel her toes, Dys ventures outside, bracing herself for the cold air. She meets cold air, then cold snow. She had crashed into a small child who had been entering the bakery. A set of curious blue eyes glance at her, seeming to hold no grudge from the incident. After helping the youngster up, she begins to apologize.

"No problem, lady," the young boy replies. He reaches into his pocket. "Do you like candy?"

"Uh... Not really."

"Your loss," he replies, popping a piece from... THE PEZ dispenser.

"On second tho-"

Several days later, Dystopia returned home with the PEZ dispenser.

She had worked a deal with the kid. If she paid the teeth that the bead had broken, the PEZ dispenser would be returned. She, of course, accepted. And now she waited for her boss to praise her at last. Although she wasn't sure if being near purple was a good sign.

"DYSTOPIA! THAT WAS HALF MY SALARY YOU SPENT, RIGHT THERE!"

... Oops.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 12-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Aero, not again!

I was at home, in my cozey sleeping area which always had visitors. The thing is, every time I'm suspected of having done something wrong, I get | | K i C K e D . i N . T e H . B o L L z ! | | I'm sure I have no ability to have babies now, but that's not the point.

Apado had suspected me of burying her dough under a daffodil, so unexpectedly, she clicked through the door and pixelated my bollz! She has no evidence whatsoever! Plus, I know Riv made some cookies the other day, and it's winter! So where else would he get the snow? ANDAND, Icy roads and hills, no grass to be seen, where on earth would there be a daffodil available for me to have buried the dough under?

I told Apado that, and she buried me in dough~! AGAIN! She went to ask Riv, but he was to busy flipping candy out of his PEZ Dispenser. Even then, why would I want HER dough? HER dough has like dead people and like mustard all up in there, disgusting enough?

ANYWAYS; She still didn't believe me, and exclamation pointed me. Soon enough, Jelly popped up and screamed in my face for stealing dough! I got a warning too! I mean, check the trade and donations history, no dough involved! u-u I blamed in on Riv, and got yet another warning! I asked him, and he refuse to give up his 'goodies' for proof. I went to go get a search warrant so gather my proof, and there it was! Mustard, eyeballs and all, all up in his 'goodies'!

Convincing enough? Nope! OHNO! I saw orangeefuu in the cookies~! I took the cookie and ate her for it to be safe, it was very citruslicious. ;D I asked Apado what she put in her dough, but she plead the 5th. D:
Aero, we all know it was you! Apado screamed at me and I pooped in my pants. Sure enough, orangeefuu had escaped! DX Ohno! Apado pushed me down and I landed on my bum, ewwww. I sat on orangeefuu. D: I went to go take a shower, and when I came out, I saw those locking signs in everyone's signature! NOO! I don't want to be banned! DX I did nothing wrong!
I saw I had a new message, and I opened it up, it said I have 5 minutes to prove I was innocent, or else I WOULD get banned! OHNOES. D8
Went I came back for proof, it was like a huge blizzard! My windows were covered in snowflakes asking me if I wanted to keep them or not! o_o I kept saying yes since they're shiny and good souvenirs for proof it snowed, but when I was done collecting them, Apado shoved in my face, "AERO! You've done it again!" I never saw Menewsha again, and cried...and cried...
But then, I woke up, and it was all a dream! But...my bed felt funny! o_o EW! WET DREAM WET DREAM. Ew...why am I sitting on an orange? D8

---------------------
Aha.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-23-2007, 01:08 AM

*Works on story*

Heh.. I wonder how this is going to go..

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-23-2007, 01:16 AM

Ooh, entries! :D -adds to the front page- Thanks guys. <3

Admonished; Me too. xD

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-23-2007, 01:31 AM

Neyor: Yep. Getting close to done, though I'll probably edit it first.

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-23-2007, 02:06 AM

Sounds good, can't wait to read it. <3 -likes the stories so far-
I wonder if anyone will submit any poems. o: I honestly thought people would be more keen on that than stories. xD

Sorry I disappeared, my net mysteriously died.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 AM

1. Your avatar must be the main character of the story/poem.
2. The story/poem must be set in Menewsha and it must be winter.
3. The story/poem must mention a daffodil.
4. The story/poem must mention cookies.
5. The story/poem must mention a PEZ dispenser.

I think all that might be a little difficult to actually get in a poem. Bit more challenging.

Ah well...

*waves to Sizzla*

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-23-2007, 01:44 PM

heh. I don't think it'd be TOO hard. XP It just can't be a haiku!
XD

*snugs Tabi* How've you been lady? :D

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-23-2007, 02:48 PM

Caeluma's winter story!

One chilly and grey winter day in Menewsha Caeluma sat by her phone waiting for her friend to call her back about going to the shops to buy Christmas presets together. As she waited Caeluma danced around her kitchen, which was decorated with daffodil wallpaper, had a daffodil coloured stove and fridge and floor tiles with daffodils on them. When the finally rang Caeluma twirled over to the phone and picked it up.
“Sorry Cae I can’t go to the mall they say a HUGE snow storm is on it’s way.” And then she hung up or the line was disconnected or something but all Caeluma was left with the beep, beep, beep on the other end of the phone and a radio announcement!
“This just in a HUGE snow storm is about to hit Menewsha people so don’t go outside or you’ll be turned into a snowman!”
Then suddenly there was a whooshing noise outside and when Caeluma turned to see what it was all she could see was white! So Caeluma ran up to the second story of her house looked out the window and all she was white! Her house was buried in snow!
“OH MY GOD!” Caeluma shouted almost pulling out her hair. “That snow wasn’t there a second ago!” Caeluma ran down around in circles shouting. “What am I gonna do?” Over and over until she collapsed on the floor to catch her breathe. After she had caught her breathe Caeluma realised how hungry she was and also realised she didn’t have any food in the house, not only had she needed to go Christmas shopping but also grocery shopping as well.
So Caeluma went back down to the kitchen and opened one daffodil cupboard after the other. The first one was empty, the second one was empty, the one under the sink had dish soap and other cleaning products and a rat! Caeluma slammed the cupboard shut and leaned against the door!
“Maybe I should make the rat into rat stew.” Caeluma thought to herself. When she opened the door of the cupboard the rat ran out across the room and into the dinning room and into a whole in the baseboard.
“I always wondered why that whole was there.” Caeluma murmured to herself. As she sat on her dinning room floor she smelt something sweet, forgetting she was sitting on the floor Caeluma jumped up whacked her head into the table. After the pain had subsided Caeluma poked her head up and looked on the table.
“OH MY GOD!” Caeluma shouted. “How could I forget these cookies I baked for Christmas gifts?” With in a second half the cookies were gone.
Caeluma found herself snowed into her house for 3 days. In those three days she rationed out her cookies along with a few items she found in her daffodil fridge. First was ketchup, second was left over mashed potatoes and macaroni and the third was unidentifiable so she left it out for the rat.
On the forth day when the snow had cleared it was Christmas and all her friend and family showed up for the Christmas party she had invited them all over for. Luck for her they all brought over whatever food they had along with a gift for her.
While everyone else was down in the kitchen making a Christmas feast Caeluma was upstairs in a puddle of tears in front of her PEZ dispenser collection trying to figure out which one to give everyone.

The End

xX-PURPL3-R0S3-Xx
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2007, 05:00 PM

Here is my entry:

Christmas was fast approaching. The snow was already a foot deep. Carols filled the air. Rose (me) stepped outside and took out her PEZ Dispencer. She opened her mouth and popped a piece of candy into her mouth. She opened her coat and took out her lucky compass. She opened it and traveled north. She slid down a hill and found a white daffodil. The air suddenly turned cooler and warmer. Rose could smell cookies near by. She picked up the daffodil and stuffed it into her pocket. She wandered into the woods and soon found a small cottage.

It was like a ginger bread cottage. The smell of cookies grew stronger and Rose was getting more and more hungrier. She skipped over to the cottage. Rose stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a boy and a girl. She heard them say each others names. It was hansel and then Gretel. "The story!"Whispered to herself.She moved on to Christmas Land. She took out her compass and it pointed to Santa's workshop. Santa let her ride the slay and help him. She shook her head and said,"No, sorry, but I really need to get back to town. She jumped out of Santa's sled and ran away from Chistmas land.

She took out the Daffodil from her pocket and remembered her Grandmother's words: "Count the flower's petals, you might see something." And that was what Rose did. She counted the petals and saw a small sparkle inside the middle of the 9th petal. She took that one out and threw away the other petals. she got lucky with that small little petal, and she could not wait to show it to her friends.

Moonpie

Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Once in a snowy wonderland
Where people where everywhere, Willing to give you a hand
They had everything
It was just enough to make you sing.
They had A cookie.
And kids EVERYWHERE tugging on mom and saying LOOKIE!
Name it they had it
There wasn't time to sit
They had a man named spencer
Even a pez dispenser.
But then there was one.
Who hated the shine of the sun.
Moonpie was his name.
Of all the happy kids he was not the same.
He would moan cry and pout.
And sometimes he would even shout.
He had NO Christmas spirit
He tread snow like frozen spit.
He would grieve and cry
And sometimes complain how he wanted to die.
Until one day he met a man.
With a worn out hat and a spaghettios can.
He was a hobo, a ward of the street.
And this could be someone great to meet.
To let him know just how bad his life could be.
And then he remarked "Gee, I'm sure that guy is not me".

Moofin
Deelish snack.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 PM

Here is my poem enjoy!
;] I had lots of fun making this <3

There was once winter in Menewsha everywhere in town,
Everywhere there were pixels frolicking `round.

Moofin skipped around happy as can be,
Stumbled into the Event forums and saw with great glee.

A contest, one that Sizzla had made,
With Neyor on the side, a poem, and they PAID.

So she got down to business, her brain at work,
But she forgot not her friends, she only would lurk.

Out came the daffodils as bright as can be,
While downstairs her family set up the Christmas tree.

She typed, and grumbled, and tore, and ate.
She would get nowhere, if she went at this rate.

Then came the PEZ dispenser, (Candy helps her think)
She took out her favourite pen, filled with pink ink.

I'm getting nowhere, what can I do?
I have no beginning, I don’t have a clue.

Suddenly it came to her, she had already begun,
She wrote about this poem, now I'm nearly done.

How I ended up with this, I hardly know,
But in Menewsha, it started to snow.

So she said with a smile, secretly to herself.
Oh you sneaky Moofin, you little elf.

You've finished the poem, and in record time,
Yet you never realized you tried to make it rhyme.

Now that I’m finished to all my dear friends,
This is not the beginning but rather, the end.

I wish you happy holidays, may you always stay warm,
While outside your homes there may rage a storm.

EDITED LINE: Leave cookies for Santa, no matter how much mold,
The traditions we make can never grow old.

To all the Menewshans, as kind as can be,
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, the spirit is the key.

(c) Moofin@ Menewsha.com <3