PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-28-2012, 08:17 PM

I think Iku was just joking Humsy

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 PM

@Hummy: I did say to express yourself in the proper way, via our feedback form after the event. I never told anyone to flood the FAQ with their negative opinions.

And I was joking. Though I do take note that most of the people here have either thanked and/or apologized.
Not you. You thank sure, but you don't apologize. And if you feel like you did nothing wrong, that's fine. But I feel like you keep feeling the need to defend yourself. Which, if you think you didn't do anything wrong, you wouldn't have to. So you don't need to list to me all the things you do, I'm well aware of them.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM

*reads through the thread*

I realise I didn't say thank you or sorry in my post So I'd like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all the staff (every event thread and game and all the organisation that has gone into this, as well as Jelly giving us event currency) and a massive sorry if at any time I appeared to be ungrateful.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM

I believe I expressed my thoughts in another thread. I'm not really complaining about the amount of tokens/currency earned nor about if I'm not able to get a full set. My complaints will likely be due to outside stuff (non-Mene-related) preventing me from posting to earn the stuff.

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM

So thaaat's where it is now, woah. Thank you very much Jelly.
And lo siento sobre las problemas.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 AM

I must have missed some good drama while I was at work today. Darnit! XD

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 12:31 AM

Really weird that I just read this post! At work today the ladies were asking me what my plans were and I told them I had no plans other than to nerdingly (yes made up word ftw) sit at my computer all weekend postin' on Mene and hopefully get enough currency to buy the EI's and the commons that I want! Of course they asked me what the heck I was talking about (I unfortunately do not work with a lot of nerds...*sigh*) so I explained. Then I went into event currency and said "I don't really know how it started...but it's AWESOME because it's an amazing added incentive and gets people posting which gives me more threads to post in!"

So while I totally respect and appreciate the currency that gets added to these events (and I love that I now know where it comes from) I too (as others have expressed) definitely tried to get more currency (never by complaining about the rate, if I complain it's about silly work keeping me from posting, or lack of activity haha) to get more items. I suppose that's greedy though, so for that I totally apologize @___@! In the end though, no matter who says what, the only thing I ever hear about Mene events is how amazing they are - how the staff run games are phenomenal, how the user threads are fantastic and how everyone is just so welcoming; not to mention how gorgeous the items are.

So while it's in human nature to complain, we also sometimes need a reality check so that we can also express to you how grateful and appreciative we are of everything you guys do :)

All that to say - sorry if I complained anytime D: it wasn't my intention and I effin love you guys man @___@!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 12:51 AM

I agree I hate those eggs!

Thanks for the explaination Jelly... though to be honest poet has been casually posting and poet will be able to afford at least 3 sets by the end of the event... and poet hasn't been especially active compared to the super posters o.o

Btw jelly, from past experiences I feel that .5 works best :)
.25 feels slow, and .75 makes me earn a lot faster than I expect to.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 12:55 AM

well I love the eggs they're my babies. I've been hoarding them for a long time. I have like 13 inventory pages of them. They make great newbie gifts. They see a trade from a stranger with all those old eggy items and feel welcomed. But they have to do more than post "Hi I am here" for me to notice them. XD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 AM

eggs be my nemesis too! xD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 AM

Good idea Neph... throw them at newbies~!

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 01:50 AM

OZL Wren is sorry for be one of those complaining, Jelly & Co. Wren only wanted enough to get at least one full set of EIs.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 09-29-2012, 02:04 AM

I really didn't mean to be so selfish. I'm sorry jelly. I'm afraid I was one of those who was wanting it higher so I could collect everything. It wasn't the right perspective to have at all. :(

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 AM

I love you guys on staff and Jelly well said. I love event currency it gives me impossible goals to work towards and sometimes I luck out and meet them. It gets me inot areas of the site I dont visit as often and I love that. I dont dare to complain about event currency I recall times when we didnt have it.

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 09-29-2012, 02:18 AM

Whoa! .75 is very generous. I would have been totally happy with .5/post *huggles in joy* I never buy the commons anymore with event currency but I try very hard to get the EIs during an event. I admit I was worried in the first few days of this event that I wouldn't succeed in getting them all because of the low EC earning rate we started with (and I have been on everyday of the event). I'm not worried anymore. If the rate stays like this, I should be able to get a set of EIs this weekend (so far I have almost twenty tokens saved up) and I might could get one for my mule If I really push myself and forgo silly things like sleeping (as I'm doing now lol). I really appreciate all you all do for us, especially during events and I hope you wont let a few complaints spoil your enjoyment of the event. *huggles* Thanks very much!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 AM

I don't think expressing my frustration at not being able to afford all the things I want is wrong. I mean, its there and I like it, so I want to buy it, and I accept that I can't have it all unless I work for it (that doesn't mean it won't annoy me or upset me at times, it just means I have to learn to work harder...and well, this is a game, if I have to work too hard, I don't care anymore). I planned out how I was going to get all the rares first and foremost, and then any commons I can afford afterwards are just gravy. I haven't really been active this event because I've been dealing with a lot of real life things. Its all about finding a balance between it all, and not everyone can, because things come up and it sucks. Mostly, there are other users out there who are willing to lend a hand, but not everyone is used to such a strong generous community site. Most of these avatar sites out there are pretty cut-throat.

But I wasn't blaming y'all (if you even saw me complain, I'm pretty sure I said something once or twice about being worried about not being able to afford them all), nor did I say you should change the limit. But it still makes it tough for people like me who haven't had the time to sit at the PC all day (shit, most of the time I don't even post on mene most days), than a higher amount per post would. I mean, I guess its kindof frustrating. At .25 per post, with needing 80 tokens for a set right now, you'd need to have posted 320 times! O_O That's a lot! So...what are people going to fill up some of those posts with? Probably complaints, about how hard it is to earn the event currency, to fill up more posts to earn more event currency. I know I've done it, but I don't really think there's anything wrong with saying something is frustrating or hard....especially when people are stressed out because of a time crunch. I don't know if I'll be online tomorrow. Or the next day. I didn't even know if I was going to be here today. I'm glad that I was because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford the event commons I wanted. I don't think its wrong to want things to be easier...I mean, who wouldn't like all their busy-work to be magically done for them? xD Especially when there are other things to do like hangout with friends or homework or take care of children or whatever else.

On every site there will always be people who try to milk every last cent out of these things, and that's whatever, but that's why I try to buy the items *I* want, and not hoard event sets...I mean, what am I gonna do, sell them for really cheap because everyone has a billion sets (or want to hold onto them because they're so rare and they could skyrocket in price, bah!)? Nah. Not my style. xD I'd rather buy commons with tokens so I don't have to buy them with gold later, when I wanna buy the new CI or some nonsense.

Personally, I think .75 (what I think the currency is at per post right now, or last I checked) is too high! I have a TON of extra currency because I've actually been active today, and I'm not sure what all to spend it on (probably commons, lol). o__o;

But thanks, now I don't have to worry about missing out on the rares, and that is awesome. It means I might actually get some sleep.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 09-29-2012, 02:48 AM

I managed to sell off all my surplus eggs in the exchange within a few months of the easter event, BWAHAHA.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 AM

I'm sorry. I just wanted one complete set and an EI for my mule. Thanks for the increase though, I was surprised. I usually don't get the whole event commons for free unless for some reason I have extra currency or something. :-/

Anyways thank you Menewsha Staff and I am sorry if I seemed ungrateful.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 AM

I think I still have them locked on my mule...if only I could figure out the damn password. :c

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 02:56 AM

the fact that we even get event currency is a super coolio idea
and the fact that you guys even throw in the half price commons for events is way generous!

i didnt even know about the change until a few minutes ago when my token count was increasing too fast.

i think this is the highest its been for event currency during so i sincerely thank you for the raise per post but 100% would understand if you lowered it later on if you deem it ridiculously high

Last edited by sushi_mew; 09-29-2012 at 02:58 AM..

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 AM

I just wanted to say that the increase was really unexpected, really sweet, and really helpful. I had to have a tooth pulled this weekend, due to an infection in the root that was making me really sick, and things went a little... complicated. The tooth shattered and they had to tear part of my gum to dig out the root. It required three stitches to get my gum back in order XD which I have a small mouth so that's a lot more then it sounds. I couldn't spend a lot of time online accordingly. I was sure this time I wouldn't be able to make it and get a set of Ei's, through no fault of mene's or anyone's fault really.

I just got enough for the last E.I. thanks to the increase. I just wanted to say, thank you. I don't tend to speak up much but as someone who use to go to other forum sites, I really appreciate Mene staff's attention to the users. It really makes mene stand out as a avatar forum site to the point its the only one I come to anymore. Little things like this is one of the big reasons why.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 09-29-2012, 03:01 AM

I saw the .75 rate and was like "WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!" I've never seen the event currency rate so high. I thought it might have been a glitch or something at first, but if it was intentional then thanks so much. I have my set of rares, so I'm going to look through and see what commons catch my eye by the end of the weekend.

kemii

Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 AM

Thank you for raising the event currency rate and also making this post to explain. (:

As a lurkery person mostly I've already posted more during than the event than I've done in like, the last year, or something xD but I still didn't think I'd be able to get a full EI set, which was alright, id just get my two or three favourites. But now I should be able to, so yeah. I'm happy c:

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 AM

Thank you Jelly! We love you! I understand we aren't meant to get EVERY single items from the shops, and i never do. You really didn't have to raise the amount like you did... it's more than enough!

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 09-29-2012, 03:10 AM

I do love Mene for it's event currency you guys are super amazing to do that and half price commons that is why we all love the events. I used to be an AVID poster. Would finsih out events with two sets (one for me and for sale) and I would buy the purples of everything with gold because I'm to excited to wait. Then i would normally still have enough to buy the secondary colors I like in oder, black sliver green blues teals XD and then after that I would STILL Have curenccy left over so I would buy tops and bottoms in popular colors to give to nakied noobs and give to charities.
This is my first event where I haven't got any days off to just sit and post the whole time and compleatly missed the first day of the event So at first I was like OH NO! I'm going to miss out on commons (because oh I do love my commons more then EI's in fact I gave up some of the EI's for commons this round XD) But between tetris on me and my mule and the tokens I'm fine. In fact I'm already earning for commons now (though I already bought all the purples) and I'm still earning tons of gold for all my posting for tokens. So I have pleanty, even after missing a whole day and running my slef broke buying the new CI XD. You guys are sweet to give us the half price commons and I think people forget that 1 they are still going to be around. 2 you can still buy with gold. 3. you guys ALWAYS raise the rate and/or extened the event if there are issues.

You guys are always more then generous and we do love you for it. I hope people take into perspective how much you guys really do give us compared to other sites.

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 09-29-2012 at 03:22 AM..