Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 05-21-2013, 04:34 AM

"Secrets That Shadows Hold"

Writers: Ranebow & Martel Irasia

OOC

The Avengers won the war as Loki was taken back to Asgard with the tesseract cube and haven't been heard from since. Now the avengers face a bigger challenge at hand rather than aliens. New enemies appear, but, what's worse is...no not the fangirls, not yet...Loki escapes somehow and manages to hide on earth. What will the avengers do when they catch him and who is this new enemy? Find out soon...

Quote:
Name: Kaylee Amarose
Race: Elemental Angel (Angelic Being)
Info: Kaylee goes under the code name "Angelic" and she has the power to control electrical currencies. Meaning in short terms she can use electricity to her will power without hurting herself. She can even heal some people, but, only minor things and she cannot heal herself yet. Too much electricity to do that and stay awake or use her powers in offense or defense at the same time.
Looks: Kaylee's Photo
Kaylee sits in an abandoned building as she whispers to those asleep and who are ill as well as homeless. So many people who live out on the streets and this world can only think of helping those in wealth or higher powered. Kaylee hated it and she hated money since it was the top main form of greed. One of the deadly seven sins which could corrupt you until you died.

Looking around she realized that something in the atmosphere was different, but, she didn't do anything about it. She just sat there singing softly to herself as she placed her hands on a young child's shoulder while she slept. The girl had been ill for the past several weeks unable to get any better. It made it hard on the big sister she had who tried so hard to help her sister get better. Once she finished, she snuck back out, and was gone instantly.

Walking down the street, she made her way to a local, and old traditional coffee shop that she loved to go to. Taking in the sights and wondering if she should take pictures along the way. She really wanted to get a picture of the two famous heroes: Tony Stark aka Iron Man & Steve Rogers aka Captain America. She thought that Mr. Rogers was the perfect man out there that no one would ever get. She knew she was out of that league no matter how much power she could hold or wield.

Last edited by Immy; 05-21-2013 at 03:13 PM..

Martel Irasia
Shapeshifter

Old 05-21-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Name: Artemis Silvaen
Race: Solarian (Celestial Being)
Info: Artemis was exiled from her home world of Solaris and was sentenced to a life on Earth. However, despite that, she still has the power to transport herself to other worlds, while her home is sealed against her power. Angered by her exile, she has lived on Earth and observed the humans around her, finding them distasteful and weak. She seeks power to return home and get back at those who cast her out. She also has the power to manipulate light particles, and she is a master of the sword.
Looks: Artemis, and her wings
Dealing with mortals was never fun, and she'd been on this miserable planet for longer than she cared to remember. Artemis sighed as she turned away from the man who would court her. Even mortal women could tell this man was no good, and she had no interest in the mortals. "You should walk away now." She warned the man in a honeyed tone. The guy clearly didn't know how to take a hint, so she glared at him. Then he took off, apparently disturbed by her piercing gaze.

As soon as he was well out of sight, she visibly relaxed and started walking. The sun was high in the sky right now as she wandered into the park. She rarely got time to herself, what with the mortals being constantly attracted to her beauty. She couldn't possibly fathom the reason why, especially given that she couldn't stand the humans. Artemis sighed as she sat down on a lone bench, running a hand through her auburn curls. "These mortals really don't know anything, rushing about day to day. How distasteful." She muttered to herself darkly as she closed her eyes.

It was impossible to forget her home, it was perfect when compared to this world. There were many sins here, and many people seemed to live by them daily. She missed her home, Solaris, with it's two suns and five moons. There was always some form of light, and the people were nothing like these weak-minded mortals. "Ugh! What I wouldn't give to return home." She growled as she opened her eyes to look up at the sky.

Last edited by Martel Irasia; 05-21-2013 at 04:23 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Walking towards the park, Kaylee noticed that the children were still playing, and figured this would be the best time for taking pictures of the things around her. Grabbing her black Canon Camera from her bag setting against her back as she stopped; she looked around for a perfect subject while taking the lens off. This camera was one of her favorites and using it just for pictures like children playing was a good practice for her. Taking pictures of children somewhat from a distance from her, at least a couple of feet, she stayed in focus, and then something else caught her attention.

She heard a young woman whisper about what Kaylee was doing, and how it was wrong without permission to take pictures of people's kids. Then again, she heard about how this world was changing and things out there were getting bad as far as aliens or such coming into view of human life. The world itself was in a panic, no matter how quiet or silenced they were; fear was fear you can't change that really. At least not so easily that is.

Standing close enough to hear the young woman with amazing red hair and blue eyes say she would return home, Kaylee couldn't resist just interrupting, not to be rude, it was just how she was. Sitting down next to the girl while looking down at the pictures she took even of the girl next to her being in shot of one of the views, Kaylee stated "Then why don't you?" though Kaylee didn't know why this girl was here or what happened to her. She hadn't a clue that she wasn't from earth, just that she stood out of place, and seemed far different than most.

Last edited by Immy; 05-21-2013 at 04:16 PM..

Martel Irasia
Shapeshifter

Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Artemis turned her gaze to the young woman who was now sitting beside her on the bench. She noticed the pictures the girl was looking at, but what really caught her eye was the wings on her back. They were very faint now, most likely invisible to the mortal eye, but Artemis was no mortal. Still, this other was not the same as the humans, so it would be rude of her to treat the girl as such. "If I could have returned home, I would be there by now." She replied, not unkindly. "My... family, cast me out. I am not allowed to return." She said.

Artemis shifted in her seat slightly to get a better look at the young woman beside her. It was obvious she was still quite young, not at all like Artemis, who shared a life span with the stars. "Those are some very nice pictures you have there." She added. Conversations could be very trying, but if she could make this girl an ally, it would be very beneficial. After all, she wanted to return to Solaris, but to do that she required enough power to break through the barrier keeping her out.

It was then she noticed herself in one of the pictures. She didn't keep a mirror in her miserable little apartment, and she rarely bothered to look in one. But she could see now why the mortals seemed to be so entranced by her. It wasn't in her nature to be vain, but the picture showed just how gorgeous she was. Still, it only annoyed her when the mortals tried to court her. She turned her gaze back to the young woman next to her.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM

"Then why would you want to return to a family like that?" Kaylee asked not sure she understood why anyone would want to go back to a place that didn't want them. Her white feathery wings were hidden except for the light outline non humans could see unless it was children who truly believed in things like that or other non-humans. Her blonde hair was down as it normally was unless it was a hot day and the day today was ... well it felt quite nice to her.

"Thanks, I like taking pictures and freezing things in time, or so that's how it seems like it happens" it was the best way to think of things when you take pictures of them and she loved it. Kaylee looked over "Would you like me to make a copy of this picture?" she asked adding "I'm Kaylee and you are?" it was always better to give a name to get a name or so she liked to think.

Martel Irasia
Shapeshifter

Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Artemis smiled at the blonde. "I want to go home so I can show them why they were wrong for casting me out." She explained. It was the simplest explanation she could offer. Honestly, her reasons were far more serious and complicated than just that. Sure, that was a part of it, but that wasn't all of it. But she couldn't just come out with her plan to a complete stranger, especially not one who seemed to enjoy this world. This girl most likely wouldn't understand, but she was pleasant enough, and she wasn't human.

"I find the idea of freezing moments in time to be rather pointless. But that's just me. I'd rather live in the moment and take things in stride. That's what life is all about after all." Artemis returned to her comment about photography. Honestly, it was a silly hobby in her opinion. "No, that's alright, you can keep it." She added when the girl, Kaylee, asked if she wanted a copy of the picture. She really didn't want it, as she had no place to keep it and no reason to want it. "I'm Artemis. It's a pleasure to meet you, Kaylee."

The wings were definitely meant to be hidden, but she could see them quite clearly. She wondered if the girl would get all choked up if she mentioned them. If Kaylee got nervous and took off, then she wasn't worth the time and effort to manipulate her. "I must say, and I hope this doesn't offend you, but your wings are simply fantastic." She said, speaking in a hushed tone as a runner passed by them. The mortal had ear-buds in and likely wouldn't have heard anything. Artemis maintained an innocent, but excited expression as she looked at Kaylee.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 AM

"Oh I like to capture moments at times, it really helps to preserve the memory best" Kaylee said as she listened to the runner running by and heard what the girl had said about her wings. Kaylee looked a bit surprise "Wait, you can see them?" she was mainly shocked because normally children or non humans could see them if they were hidden away. Her wings were light as a feather, yet stronger than they would appear to be, and they were like angel dove wings. Soft, feathery, and crystal like (meaning see through like crystals would be)

"T-thanks" she wasn't used to anyone seeing them and saying they liked them "Mind if I ask, if you're not from here" meaning earth that is "Then what are you?" she was curiously shy about asking people things that might not want to be answered or even have an answer. The wind around them gently blew past them, it was spring time, and summer was soon to follow. She couldn't wait until autumn would come since winter wasn't her season and summer was too hot for her tastes. Though swimming was a favorite past time of hers or just flying around about.

When things around her grew silent, she opened her eyes looking in front of her, and around them both. What was making the children and things around them silent so quickly, she wondered to herself. "Silence" her eyes narrowed a bit as she scanned the area and something in the distance grabbed her attention. Almost as if it is a person...walking as the people around them, including animals, and cars were frozen. "Okay freezing things in pictures is one thing, but, in real life, I don't like it at all" it was weird and creepy to her. "I'm not going crazy here right, I mean things are frozen right?" Kaylee asks looking back at the girl to see if she was frozen with the rest of the humans or not.

Martel Irasia
Shapeshifter

Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 AM

"It's not as fun when you already have a photographic memory." Artemis answered with a sigh. She sometimes hated her memory, because she could look back on her life and remember every sordid little detail. Even from the moment of her birth, which was... well, a really long time ago. At least by these mortals standards, she was very old. Nearly as old as their race, it would seem.

Artemis turned her head to look at Kaylee again when she ask where she was from. She smiled faintly. "My home is very far away from here." She liked to be cryptic, plus she didn't want to immediately reveal that she was from another world. This way it sounded more like she could have been born in another country or on another continent. Still, it was a response that would leave the girl's mind wondering about the answer.

And it was then that everything went still. Artemis stiffened immediately, seeking out the source of this foul deed. She knew there were other people on this pathetic world who possessed powers, but most could not do anything like this. "You are most certainly not crazy." She said, standing up from the bench and gazing into the distance. She could make out a figure walking in their direction. Artemis smirked slightly and her fingers twitched as adrenaline flooded her veins. Whoever this was possessed power, and she wanted to find out who it was. "Kaylee, you may want to get out of here." She suggested lightly, not looking at the blonde.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-24-2013, 03:04 AM

Kaylee didn't look away, her smile she had that revealed her kindness had faded, and she stood up as the area around her seemed a bit tense. "No thanks, if someone can do this, then they must not be safe around the humans" she spoke as she walked towards the person. Then something in her made her stop, it was a feeling, something unpleasant about the atmosphere around her.

Kaylee revealed her wings that she didn't like so much and flew off into the air without her new friend. 'Gotta tell them, gotta tell the Avengers' the wind rushed around her as the time seemed to flow except from in the park where she had left. Flying as fast as he wings could carry her, she flew with elegance, and that wasn't done on purpose, it's just how it happened.

Loki stumbled through the frozen time, he had been able to escape in a way he hadn't expected, and now he was a bit injured from falling through the atmosphere of Midgard, in other words, Earth as it's called today by the humans and mutants alike. "Need to heal..." Loki grunted to himself as he moved throughout the trees outlining the park itself.

Martel Irasia
Shapeshifter

Old 05-24-2013, 03:46 AM

As soon as Kaylee took off, Artemis allowed a smirk to cross her face. Taking a deep breath, she summoned her sword in a small flash of light. It was always better to be safe than sorry, after all. Already she felt more comfortable with the wire-wrapped hilt in her grip. Steadily she took a step forward, and then another as she slowly approached the figure. She was certain that whoever it was didn't realize she was here, at least not yet. Carefully, she moved around the frozen humans to avoid being seen until she came up behind the stranger. She raised her sword and placed the edge against his neck.

Artemis was surprised to feel the power radiating off of him. She smirked, keeping her sword arm steady. "My, my, what have we here? To think a God could fall from grace." She said in a somewhat playful tone. "That is a nasty wound." She said with a more serious tone. "If you would be so kind as to turn around slowly, it would be much appreciated." She said. She wasn't afraid at all, she was old and she was powerful, the chances of her being killed by someone, even a god, was unlikely, especially while they were wounded.

The call had come rather unexpectedly, and had been extremely urgent. Steve had been in the middle of boxing in that old gym when the call came. While he'd wanted to finish what he was doing, he still came anyway. The Avengers headquarters wasn't really much right now, since it had only been so many months, but it was still something. Steve was staring at Thor, who seemed to be out of breath, though he wasn't sure why that was. "Try saying that again, but calmer this time." He suggested. After all, no one seemed to have understood the thunder god the first time.

Thor took a deep breath and clenched his fists. "I said, Loki escaped. We're not sure how, but we believe he was headed for Earth." He said again. Steve looked down at the table in front of him, not sure how to respond. If Loki was back on Earth, then they were going to have all kinds of trouble. Last time, the Asgardian nearly destroyed New York City in his attempt to conquer this world. Though he doubted the guy would have the exact same motivations this time around. "We'll just have to keep an eye out for him, then." Steve said.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-27-2013, 02:12 AM

Loki never felt inferior to others, he always thought they were beneath him, and showing weakness wasn't something he was too keen on doing. Loki slowly turned around, his hand kept to his side, that is until he removed it and his cape from the outfit he wore hid it a bit. He was dressed in his gold and green Asgardian clothing and his expression showed he was not mused by this moment. "And who do you think you are?" he asked simply, not lowering his guard, he could at least freeze her, but, then again he wanted to know why she didn't freeze in the first place "Why are you not frozen, what are you?"

"And that's where we come into view isn't it?" Tony asked as Kaylee walked in, wearing her usual human clothing, and keeping her appearance without her wings. She hated her wings and never liked having to use them to fly while others didn't need such wings to do so. "Loki was spotted not too far from here" Tony added as Kaylee spoke up

"I didn't think this was all of the Avengers...you have Mighty Thor standing for power, the amazingly strong Captain America, wonderfully intellectual Iron man...where are the other two?" Kaylee asked as she stood there looking a bit confused. Noticing Captain every day clothes, she noticed the way he looked, and thought to herself 'Oooh, cute'

Martel Irasia
Shapeshifter

Old 05-27-2013, 04:11 AM

After he turned around, she got a good look at his face. With a small smile, Artemis lowered her sword, but stood ready to fight. Wounded or not, this man was powerful. "You know, I really must thank you for the reprieve. It becomes rather painful to keep them in all the time." She said cryptically at first as a blue glow emanated from her back. With a flash of light, her wings appeared, they were sapphire blue, like her eyes, and segmented. With a sigh, she glanced at his side. "I could heal that for you." She said simply before she decided she might as well answer his questions.

"A long time ago, I bore a more powerful name. The mortals looked to me as the Goddess of Light. However, that title has been taken." She turned away from him slightly, her eyes narrowing as her tone grew dark. With a flourish, she turned back to him and bowed her head slightly. "But you may call me Artemis. I am a Solarian." She answered before she started circling him. "Now, if I am not mistaken, your clothing is of Asgardian make. Might I inquire as to your identity?" She had a glint in her eyes. If this man was who she believed he was, then he could be of great use to her.

She herself was dressed in the mortal fashion, in order to better blend in. A simple light pink tank top with black skinny jeans, as well as a pair of white heeled boots. Apart from that, her arms were bare and her midriff was showing a bit. These things didn't bother her any, not since her natural garb was so much more revealing.

Steve looked over at her as she spoke up. It bothered him slightly to hear someone speak of him that way, almost like he wasn't in the room. He let it slide though, because while he didn't need it, the compliment was appreciated. "The other two were on missions when Tony sent out the call." Steve explained as he stood and walked over, offering a hand. "I don't believe we've actually met before." He said, giving her a questioning look. She was very beautiful.

"We don't have time for this!" Thor said, anger seeping into his tone. "If we are to stop Loki, we need to find him now before he can hide or cause any harm." He added, looking around at the others. Steve glanced back at the thunder god, who actually had a good point. Still, he was also curious about this young woman who apparently knew the Avengers.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM

Loki looked at her as she spoke and answered her question "I am Loki, the god of Asgard, or so I will be soon enough" he had heard about Solarians before, a race known for it's power of light, and then a thought struck him. 'A powerful race over light would make things even far better on my side than turning those I couldn't before' "You can heal something like this? It's not a normal wound" he stated as if he didn't believe she could heal him.

Kaylee looked at Thor raising an eyebrow towards him "Don't you think if he already has gotten to earth that he would be hiding already?" Kaylee rolled her eyes and placed hands on her hips "Tch, I saw something in the park, and didn't get a clear enough look. But time had stopped it looked like. Does that sound like, Loki to you?" Kaylee asked Thor then turning to Steve "I'm Kaylee, nice to meet you?" she didn't know if she should call him by his actual first name or formally.

Loki knew his magic wouldn't last too much longer "Let's go to a place more suitable to talk without listening ears" Loki commented as he began to walk away to a place he did not know where. He knew a little bit about earth...or midgard in those terms, but, not well enough to hide somewhere.

Last edited by Immy; 05-27-2013 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Because I wanted to add more to the story ^_^

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-02-2013, 12:07 AM

( silence >.> )