Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM

@ Isehkat - Buuu. D: Fine, I'll just tranquilizers instead?

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Ise: //sends hugs
I'm also going to be having to do that soon...Probably going to drop to a paid internship over the summer first though. Havn't been able to find anywhere where I could do full time work continuing into next year unless I stayed at one college I don't want to go to. >.>

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 03-10-2010, 01:13 AM

HEY! I'M A BID!
Username: Twizted Child Eve
Slot: 1
Bid: 5k

HEY! I'M A BID!
Slot: 2
Bid: 6.5k

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-10-2010, 04:34 AM

Twiz~
//tackleglomp

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 03-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka View Post
Twiz~
//tackleglomp
Hey there! How are you? ^^

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Kinda bleh right now, though at least I don't think I've got anymore homework. :P

You?

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 03-10-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka View Post
Kinda bleh right now, though at least I don't think I've got anymore homework. :P

You?
Aww. That stinks. Well, that's good at least. xD

I'm all right. ^^ Just reading some notes. I'm on spring break, but I have a test in a week. D;

Peanut
Banned

Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 AM

HEY! I'M A BID!
Username: Peanut
Bid: 7.5k

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 03-11-2010, 01:53 AM

HEY! I'M A BID!
Bid: 8k

Drache-Lehre
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Drache-Lehre Send a message via MSN to Drache-Lehre Send a message via Yahoo to Drache-Lehre

Old 03-11-2010, 01:56 AM

Wow, awesome bids ya got going on!!

And in reading Peanut's siggy, I fully agree with you for the price guide.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Ise Send a message via MSN to Ise

Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 PM

HB to Twizted for both. <3

Sorry for poof-age, guys. I spent the first half of the week pretty much out cold on Nyquil and Sudepherine with a really nasty cold. xD; I think I'm going to extend this because of my lack of activity for a few days.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-11-2010, 09:43 PM

Too bad I don't have the items listed. >>

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2010, 09:58 PM

They're all the ones I don't have any of <<'

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 PM

I don't even have all the 07 items. XD;; Have a few 08 and then naddah for CIs. <//3

Chu see this? X3 Crystaline Ikoda's Photos | Facebook

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 PM

xD; Aww.. I did too much art for 'em, though.

Ooh, no, I hadn't seen it. Lookin' good. x3

Also.. the commentary = lawlwtf?

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Wonder if I held an auction if I'd get any takers. I don't want to be arrogant but I think my anatomy is better than a lot of what I'm seeing around here... ^^;;;;

Sankyuu. <333 I'm so happy with it. ;o; <333 I wish I could just shut off my mind and draw more often. I over analyze any more. Last night in bed Matt was still on cam and I asked him if he ever felt like he wasn't a true artist because he never did anything unique and symbolic (obviously actually speaking about myself --; ).

Yeeaaaah. That... That's how we always talk. Even in person.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2010, 10:26 PM

Iunno. oo; The pricing range is so odd here on Mene sometimes xD But new and inspiring always urges a lot of bidding.

Yeah, I do that incessantly. xD;; I'm trying not to as I work on this little batch of 3x5 card headshots. I rather like the one I just finished. Here's hoping more good ones come as the night follows.

Mreh, yeah... that's a toughie question. Being a true artist doesn't necessitate something being symbolic, and uniqueness comes with time and one's own comfort in what you do as you develop your style and your own pictoral voice I think.

Lol. Guess I'll find out at the con, the wedding or both.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 PM

This is true... >>; Meh, iunno... vov;; I don't tend to have very good luck.

Wanna see. <3 I was thinking of making little ATC/ACEOs to mail to you and Carrie, but I don't trust my traditional abilities enough.

Yeah, that's true... I just... I browse through DA and everyone, everyone has that one piece that's really unique and different and speaks about them as a person somehow. I don't draw like that. I want to speak about me, then i draw me, simple as that. Or an OC instead depending on mood, since I find they portray serious sides better than I do.

I always think of these 'outside of the box' things and then go, 'wait, that's not really original at all and I don't know how to approach it, I'll just hate it'.

Most 'symbolic' images that come to mind are the cliche stuff. Clocks, keys, the colour red, flowers, gears, etc.

Oh yes. >O>; And we made upload some bideo on facebook if we can cut them down. XD Nobody wants to see the kissy faces, just the silly chatter. xDD

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2010, 10:43 PM

.-. Dunno, luff. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. So long as I make enough for a few items, I'm typically happy anymore. My work doesn't interested too many in the community now, but then again the art community is super small.

I'll scan things later tonight after I've done some more of them. Trying to get my ass in gear on shit while I'm in a semi-good mood to do it. And blargh, do em. XP We love snail mail.

I don't know about that. :snort: There are so many reproductions of some other popular artist's style it's not funny. And the things that speak about a person in their art is how they view things, the angles they take and of course the subject matter in and of itself.

Lol.. there's not much 'original' anymore, it's just your own spin and how you make it yours.

Lol, well, if people want kissy faces they usually do that with their own significant other. That or they don't have one and that might just make them annoyed or sad. xD;

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 PM

The art community here is strange. It dies for several months, revives with an amazing artist who everyone overwhelms with orders until they quit, then it's stagnant again. Dx It's disheartening.

Good. <3 And pssh, you'll take one look and go, 'what is this supposed to be?' 'Yoki, obviously ;o;' '...oh... Yeah, yeah, I... uh, I see that now...' '...*runs away crying*'

I suppose so... D: Blaugh. I never finish anything because I hate it after five minutes. That's why I like shutting off for an hour and doing speedy stuff, but that's never good enough to share. D:

Bleh, you artists make it sound so easy. D<

I just don't feel cut out for it a lot of the time, but I don't want to give it up. So frustrating. Those 'improvement memes' make me want to slit my wrists a lot of the time. x'DDD I've improved too, yeah, but I'm not where I thought I'd be.

XDD Well, that's why we'd cut those parts out. There's a loooot of 'lolwtf' in our videos. We're so weird.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 PM

Yeah, no kidding. x.X; And most people, not to offend anyone, really, really lowball. If CIs are a good 1k - 1.5k a month, I don't think asking 500g for a copic headshot is really that much. Not when you can earn it in a day on games and/or posting.

:slaps with a fish: Dx Stop putting yourself down all the damn time, woman.

Lol, moving onto this person's third card~ Whee. I think I had someone else who had one or two of 'em, too, that I haven't gotten to. Finished Nigte's two. I really need to get to Sitaris's markers too.

You're as bad as Jace. XP You give up rather than bending it into what you want. Accept your limitations and strive to improve. You and I aren't the type to usually improve in a sudden leap and bound. It's less notable to use because we work on improvement in small steps so it doesn't register as well.

Like hell it is. You're an artist, too, so you should know XP

Uh, yeah... I haven't improved in who the fuck knows how long I feel like. Those things make me want to cry. xD; I'm so not where I ought to be in my mind, I didn't soak in as much as I should have in college, sadly. I was dumb.

xD; Jace and I are just cute enough to give people cavities. I think we'd just annoy people.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-12-2010, 12:05 AM

*noms on a mint after dinner* Spot. Hit.

Yeah, I see that a lot. What kills me is those users who won't even spring for 250 a headshot, or feel they're doing you a grandiose favour to do so. We're investing work too for Christsake, often more than they did via gaming Dx.

*yelps* Who slaps with a fish?!

*mini chibi poofs, bouncing on your head like an impatient child* Want to seeee...

Can't help it. D: To be honest I get exceptionally jealous of Matt rather often. Every time he tries something new it seems to come naturally and looks as he wanted. And when he doesn't, I crit him like hell, he hates me for it initially, but in the end has a great product. I can't do that. D: I just go, 'blegh' and start over after enough time. But yeah, I agree with you.

Fine, fine.~

I do snicker at the ones where there's visibly no improvement AT ALL though. xDD;;; I'm such a bad person.

I think I'm so hard on myself the last little while cause I'd really like to put a portfolio together and I just don't know what to do. D:

XDD Matt and I are only like that in private. And even then it's lots of insults. 'Hate you' is typically code for 'love you', so it's not difficult to figure out what we really mean, but we get so off the wall sometimes. XDD Pfaha. I frequently call Matt really derogatory things. *cough*

Kiari
XD

Old 03-12-2010, 03:52 AM

HEY! I'M A BID!
Username: Kiari
Slot: 1
Bid: Hammer of Thor (1.5k) Merkheti Legend (1.5k) Yumeh Pop (3k)

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM

HB, thank you.

:heads out to work:

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM

Some recently completed RL commissions.

Last edited by Ise; 03-13-2010 at 07:37 PM..