TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-06-2019, 07:13 AM

@ Moods: *patpats* You're at least finishing something. Me? Hah, forget it XP

@ Cinderella: My advice with the job apps; don't apply to McDonald's, no matter how desperate you are. Having your brain be in survival mode all the time is not worth it.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 05-06-2019, 04:18 PM

@Taiyo: oh, I'm not planning to. Not looking at retail either because I can't handle that kind of stress. I want something I can make a career out of (not to knock retail as a career! It's just not for me), but it's really hard to find things I'm even vaguely qualified for because I didn't major in a "desirable" field and I don't have much work experience either.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 AM

Ahh, yes. The ol' "we can't hire you because you don't have ~experience~". And when ya get it, suddenly you've got too much and they want someone with no experience that they can train...can't win either way.

I'm gonna stick with being a personal assistant X'D. I like not being miserable! Also, time for kitties. And sleep.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2019, 01:57 PM

I've been working on losing weight. I gained a bunch of weight in the last maybe 2 years or so. I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight.

Sofar, I've lost 20lbs since I started in April. :) Though I've got at least 50 to go, but it's a gradual thing. It tends to come off really fast at first.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-10-2019, 06:05 AM

Key word being at first. It'll still be coming off, though ^^

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion Uzuki View Post
I've been working on losing weight. I gained a bunch of weight in the last maybe 2 years or so. I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight.

Sofar, I've lost 20lbs since I started in April. :) Though I've got at least 50 to go, but it's a gradual thing. It tends to come off really fast at first.
That's great. :) Do you have a timeline or set date you're hoping to reach your goal by?

@ Ella: Hello! How has it been going with the job hunt? Can I ask what you majored in? ^^; I have a handful of friends that were education majors and they have a lot of difficulty landing a job. It's such a bummer...

@ Moody: Lol, maybe you need an accountability partner for your personal projects. I'm the same way (most of the time).

Shame is my primary motivator I think

---------- Post added 05-10-2019 at 12:32 AM ----------

Next week is finals. Yippee!!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-10-2019, 07:34 AM

Woooo finals! The mess of school (for now?) is almost over!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 AM

Yup!! #blessed that each final is on a different day as well. I had 3 midterms in 1 day and my hand was a CLAW after.

Taiyo, you're changing your avatar? I didn't get a chance to ogle it yet but I noticed it had a cool color scheme while I was scrolling thru.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-10-2019, 07:52 AM

hehe, thanks! X'D. It should be in my album somewhere...

And now to start putting together a new avatar X'D

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-10-2019, 07:59 AM

XP found it in Ruby's thread. Go figure.

Should I sleep now for 4 hours before finishing my final project or should I just try to hammer it out? I'm already running on a major sleep deficit. :( 6 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours..

I hope I don't die tbh.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-10-2019, 08:00 AM

I'm usually the one who says at least a little sleep is better than none at all?

And I have no idea wtf I'm doing with this avatar right now....

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-10-2019, 08:04 AM

You got a point there. Guess I'll be back in a few hours.

lol. It's interesting, to say the least.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-10-2019, 08:18 AM

Whatever it is, apparently it's something creepy X'D

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-10-2019, 06:27 PM

Haha hmm, I wonder why.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 05-11-2019, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
@ Moody: Lol, maybe you need an accountability partner for your personal projects. I'm the same way (most of the time).
Yeah, maybe.
I've been listening to an artist's podcast on youtube
who is also a life coach so that has been helping a little.

The most I can do for myself in my work is just do studies of lips.
So that is something.

Though i have to skip mermay again this year.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-11-2019, 04:07 AM

What is a mermay? I'm only picturing a bunch of mer-men

Lips are weird when they're part of your job. :thinking:

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-11-2019, 07:09 AM

Mermay is literally a month of drawing mermaids. I figured I'd do it this year as an experiment.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-11-2019, 07:12 PM

That's cool. So Taiyo, you're doing it, and Bats is gonna skip it..

May is almost half over. I think the time to commit was like, yesterday anyways.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 05-11-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
What is a mermay? I'm only picturing a bunch of mer-men

Lips are weird when they're part of your job. :thinking:
I use to hate drawing and painting lips but I am starting
to really enjoy it.
Because It's kind of like...I am proving to myself that I CAN make pretty art.
Even if it's only for studies.

Yeah, mermay is a drawing challenge. You follow a prompt for a whole month
and draw a new mermaid for each prompt for each day or every other day
if you can't do the whole month as a lot of artists[including myself]
get burnt out from these month long challenges very easily.

But I haven't been able to do it for two years since learning about it.
Something always gets in the way.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-12-2019, 01:57 AM

I always thought that a month was too long of a commitment. Many people also struggle with being discouraged once they find it hard to keep up with a schedule. Hopefully one day you can do it.

And if you need someone to keep you accountable, we're always here. :)

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
That's great. :) Do you have a timeline or set date you're hoping to reach your goal by?
I calculate if I did a steady rate of at least 1.5lbs per week, I'd hit the goal I want in the spring if not early summer next year.

Mostly I'd just like to fit in a lot more of my lolita items by the fall. I have so many things I haven't worn yet or barely was able to enjoy because I put on a bunch of weight. ;A;

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-12-2019, 05:29 AM

That's a great motivator! Would love to see your outfits once you're ready. :)

I recently purchased some clothes off Amazon. They were made in China but they were so cute.. I always wanted some slightly gothic/frilly/lacey work shirts, but omg their sizes run insanely small... I can imagine that you run into the same problems with lolita fashion.

Love your current avatar, by the way.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
That's a great motivator! Would love to see your outfits once you're ready. :)

I recently purchased some clothes off Amazon. They were made in China but they were so cute.. I always wanted some slightly gothic/frilly/lacey work shirts, but omg their sizes run insanely small... I can imagine that you run into the same problems with lolita fashion.

Love your current avatar, by the way.
It depends. I have things that I can technically wear at my size with room. (Was about a 46" bust) but they don't fit as intended, but they were still comfortable to wear?

Then I have other things where I should really be around a 40" bust or less to wear comfortably.

A lot of the stuff is made to be pretty flexible though, there's a lot of elastic in the back and sometimes all the way around and you can usually adjust straps to make them longer for a better fit.

I've seen some stuff from China though that ran really tiny. This isn't so bad though, believe it or not. :x

This was at a con last month. I'm actually a bit smaller than this now, I think maybe an inch and a half?

SPOILERX

Thank you! I needed an avi change. :B Yours looks great too!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-12-2019, 06:19 PM

Ohhhhh, that's too cute!
Well in any case, it's good that everything will still fit after you hit your goal. The styles themselves are flattering for all body types. Personally I am a fan of how frills and ruffles hide my small bust.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh, that's too cute!
Well in any case, it's good that everything will still fit after you hit your goal. The styles themselves are flattering for all body types. Personally I am a fan of how frills and ruffles hide my small bust.
I did have some custom-made blouses though that I'll either have to sell or take in. Most of what I do have that's custom size isn't too big from where I was when I was smaller. But still currently too small. Thankfully there's a good second-hand market, so if something doesn't fit, I can get rid of it and get some money for it so I can get new things that will fit. I started getting more things with elastic for this reason.