Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-16-2013, 03:43 AM

Greetings Citizens of Menewsha!
I am Kat, and I have returned to offer gold and older items as prizes in this new contest!
I am a serious art collector. I have almost 1k images collected over the last 8 years! <3

1st person on each page wins 1k! :D
Each entrant receives 1k after they submit! No waiting till the end. <3
The contest has been extended and now ends midnight Central Standard Time on February 23rd.

NEW!
I am adding a 500 gold prize per entry for those who submit more than once.
I am also adding a surprise prize for whoever submits the most entries! :D

Under four entrants
Each receives 5k - no Item Prizes

5 Entrants - UNLOCKED
First Place: Queen's Crown
Runner Up: Choice between the two Scepters (Chaos and Order)

8 Entrants
Third Place:Choice between the two Cloaks (Nature and Healing)

10+ Entrants
Third Place:Choice between the two Cloaks (Nature and Healing)
2-5 Runner up: 5k ea

Rules

SPOILERX

RULES!
Oh my god. Do I really have to say this same old ringamorole that is on EVERYONE'S threads!? Seriously?

Ok. Follow Menewsha rules, don't be an asshat... OH and don't steal each other's art, my characters, their reference art... etc. etc. Just be a decent person and not an art stealing jerk and everything will be a ok.

About Copying/Tracing/Etc.
I don't know what to say. Touchy subject. To me, eyeballing is one thing. Masters have worked from models for years. However, directly tracing or copying more than a pose is not allowed.

Unless it is from your own materials. Like photos you took for you to work from etc. If it is your intellectual property/you made it I don't see why you can't just make your own references and use them. It's not like I have a way of knowing.

Requirements

SPOILERX

ALL ART MUST BE LARGE ENOUGH FOR ME TO SEE DETAIL.
I want large copies, not tiny versions. I can't judge those as well and I don't like it for my collection.

This is NOT a thumbnail I am sad to say.

I really like it and wanted it... but it doesn't feel like I really have it, you know?

You can Submit more than once
However many times you want! I love matching sets of my characters.

I love to see progress shots
They won't be counted as entries though until they are completed and officially entered. Do not post place-holder posts. Post the form with the completed image. The order your image is received in will be determined by when I have the art in hand, not if you make a post and add it later.

Do NOT watermark your Submission.
As soon as you submit the art it is mine. You can't hold it ransom unless you win. That isn't how Art Contests work and I won't accept water marked images as entries. Signatures that go over part of the drawing are fine. But if the signature distracts from the image, or covers a lot of the image (at least important parts) that will be taken into account when judging. So that is something to be aware of.

More Details on what I am looking for...
The art can can be anything you are proud of.
The effort you put in for quality work is what matters.
Your style is what matters.
If it is sketchy, that's fine.
If it is anime. that's fine.
Semi realism? Realism?
Whatever your style is I will accept.

This includes crafts, macaroni art, sewn pieces, anything creative that resembles, represents, expresses, embodies my characters.

It also includes writing… poems? I am not sure what else… I don't want detailed stories about my characters as I am the one that plays and writes them, but if you have some sort of interesting written concept that you put some effort and thought into surprise me!

I do like having my characters in their 'iconic' outfits… but if you really want to experiment with similar styles or modified versions of their classic costume feel free to play.

What I will not accept

Art on Lined Paper <- This never looks good… ever. That I have seen anyway. If I am wrong, show me I am wrong and I will accept. That is a risk however as this is a bias I have held for many years. Unless you come in with this entry explaining why lined paper is used I will assume you didn't read the rules.

Inappropriate Topics <- Racism, Sexism… any disturbing ism. Basically something you would not want to show your mother.

Nude/Lewd art <- I actually REALLY like nude (somewhat lewd sometimes) art, but I do not feel that is not appropriate for a contest held on an avatar website.

Why I am being so open? Well, for example I have gotten art on paper doilies that are amazing. I also got a little Kat doll from someone that was adorable from a past contest where I allowed more open options on types of entries.

Form

SPOILERX

Username: Your Handle
Character: Which Character you drew
Entry: Text Link or Thumbnail Link
Comments: Anything else I should know?

Entries

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Username: Kat Dakuu
Character: Kat
Entry: Kat for Katherdante by ~Kat-Dakuu on deviantART
Comments: I only took a photo, but it should do if I never have a chance to take a proper scan. The only problem with it is that the circles are dulled out and I lost her eye color. Other than that, I hope it's a fine enough photo. ^^' I'll give you the link if I go back to my parent's and use the scanner there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Song View Post
Username: River Song
Character: Krystalla "Crystal" Harcourt
Entry: Krystalla Crystal Harcourt Contest Entry by Jubileen on deviantART
Comments: Nothing really, I hope you like it. :D One of my first contests I've ever entered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WherededIGo View Post
Username: WherededIGo
Character: Caoimhe
Entry: Link
Comments: Uh, I got the background pattern from here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Username: shadami
Character: Crystal
Entry: Linky
Comments: Anything else I should know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKasumi View Post
Username: PrincessKasumi
Character: Palas Selie
Entry: | x |
Comments: Chu~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Username: Shadami
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WherededIGo View Post
Username: WherededIGo
Character: Astaga
Entry: Bam
Comments: I'm really bad at copying the form from the spoiler bar OTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Username: Nephila
Entry:
Comments: Yay! I got one in! XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClariusFlorina View Post
Username: Clariusflorina
Character: Gail
Entry:
Comments: Base by Mariiii

I finally finished! :D

Characters

SPOILERX

Katarina "Kat"
Name Katarina "Kat" Laurent
Age Can appear as any age up to early 20's
Race Froofy cat girl
Gender Female
Eye color A lively sky blue
Skin color Very fair skinned and quick to blush
Body build A very tiny, petite girl standing only 4'11" tall at full adult maturity.
• Hair color/length/style ? Warm, rich honey gold color. Usually worn up in pig tails with curls at the ends. When it is down there are still ringlets at the bottom like this, or this.
Unusual Features Fluffy white cat ears and tail.
Tattoos/Markings None
Clothing/Armor Kat wears all manner of lolita dresses. She looks particularly good in pink.
Weapons None.
Jewelry There is a little earring on her left ear . It is a golden hoop with a reddish/pink heart charm on the end. She is also usually found wearing a white collar with little hearts around it.

Character Personality
Cute and fluffy
A naturally sweet disposition

Kat is the kind of person that if you dropped your ice cream she would give you hers, although its her favorite food. She is a bit nieve and has a proclivity to get lost. When she was younger her family and friends would actually use her collar for its intended purpose to keep her from wandering off. Like all cats she is distracted by string, shiny things and loves to play. She is a model and as such gets dressed in all sorts of cute and pretty things. She can be drawn at any age; a cute toddler, kid, teen or adult. If you have a preference of are or an idea for an outfit let me know when you ask to be commissioned for her,

Character References

Krystalla
Name Krystalla "Crystal" Harcourt
Age 19
Race Froofy cat girl
Gender Female
Eye color A lively sky blue
Skin color Very fair skinned and quick to blush
Body build A very tiny, petite girl standing only 4'11" tall at full adult maturity.
• Hair color/length/style ? Warm, rich honey gold color. Usually worn up in pig tails.
Unusual Features Fluffy white cat ears and tail.
Tattoos/Markings None
Clothing/Armor Krystalla wears fanciful costumes, flirty dresses and elegant gowns.
Weapons None.
Jewelry Changes based on the outfit.

Character Personality
Calm and alluring.
Has a voice as sweet as she is.

Krystalla is a performer, she sings and dances delightfully. She enthralls her audience with an array of songs. Her style of dance is very elegant, and though not intended to be roudy it is alluring none the less. She travels all over the place performing to earn a living. Though she has a penchant for attracting trouble she gets through everything based on luck and nerves.

Krystalla is an alternate version of Kat that I sometimes play in games with a fantasy setting.

Character References

Caoimhe
Name Caoimhe
Age 163, appears to be in adult prime
Race Fae
Gender Female
Eye color Blue
Skin color Very fair, like ivory or porcelain.
Body build A very tiny, petite girl standing only 5'0".
Hair color/length/style Hair as black as the night's sky that has a natural wave to it.
Unusual Features Slightly pointed ears and butterfly wings.
Tattoos/Markings None.
Clothing/Armor Caoimhe wears elegant dresses in a variety of colors and styles. She is often found wearing a semi short blue and black dress that matches her wings.
Weapons None.
Jewelry Changes based on the outfit.

Character Personality
Calm and alluring
With a naturally sweet disposition

Caoimhe left the land of the fae to explore mortal realms. Animals and all manner of creatures are attracted to her for various reasons. She avoids people, or tries to, as much as possible. If she does run into mortals she gets in trouble easily because of her naivety and non-confrontational attitude. Despite being rather pacifistic she is a very powerful water elemental. The only things that are known to upset her to the point of furry is when a child is being hurt.

Character References

Palas
Name Palas Selie
Age Appears to be in adult prime
Race Froofy succubus
Gender Female
Eye color Playful but deep forest green
Skin color Light mocha
Body build Quite short, standing only 5'0" tall.
Hair color/length/style Black with green tips. Short, above shoulders.
Unusual Features Two little white horns and a black demon tail with a unique, tapered end. Sometimes she has black wings that can be small, medium or large in size. They seem to be normal demon wings at first glance, but the inside of them is lined with black feathers. The feathers have a white vein to them.
Tattoos/Markings None
Clothing/Armor Sexy ensembles. She is usually depicted in her usual outfit, which is a corset with bottoms attached , thigh high boots and long long gloves.
Weapons None.
Jewelry She wears a thick black collar tht has a hoop with a heart on the bottom of it.

Character Personality
Cute and flirty
Painfully playful

Palas is a simple being. She knows she is special and 'the tastyest'. Something she boasts happily. But she is actually a very powerful good being that was forced into a chaotic form. Her memory was wiped and she was programed to be the thing a succubus is for. She is one of a kind so she is kept in a vault for the exclusive use of the demon lords. Now and then she escapes and runs wild and free. When free she loves to swim, sun bathe, tease men and make mischief.

Character References

Gaillionn
Name Gaillionn "Gail" Crichton
Age 17
Race Elven, Wind Elementalst
Gender Female
Eye color Silky, honey amber
Skin color Very fair, like ivory or porcelain.
Body build A very tiny, petite girl standing only 4'10".
Hair color/length/style Waves of gold, tints ranging from white to dark auburn.
Unusual Features None.
Tattoos/Markings None.
Clothing/Armor Gail's outfit amounts to little more than a tight fitting, one piece, low cut bathing suite with long sleeves and a semi sheer skirt that drifts around behind her.
Weapons None.
Jewelry Ribbons and lots of pearls.

Character Personality
Calm and alluring
With a naturally sweet disposition

Gail controls wind like it is an extension of herself. She is able to remain suspended continually without effort or having to focus on it. Gail's emotions shift like the wind, ranging from a pleasant breeze to a maelstrom; or even a calm anger like the eye of a storm. When she is not focused or is in a neutral state she is quite floaty, a dreamer.

Character References

Last edited by Katherdante; 01-17-2015 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Closed

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 AM

eh, I really like your characters! They remind me of mine, lol. Cute stuff and I like the way you run your contest too. I'll try to do a thing or two after I'm done with my other commissions.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-19-2013, 04:52 AM

*pokes thread* :O

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 AM

Hey guys! <3

Yeash! I saw we both have kat girls even! :>
As customary for art collecting Kats!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2013, 05:15 AM

Seito is stalking me!

yep. catgirls are a long time love for me no matter how overused the image is. I still like them.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-19-2013, 05:19 AM

The picture of Kat in my sig is by Claire Belton... aka the creator of Pusheen the cat! x3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Seito is stalking me!

yep. catgirls are a long time love for me no matter how overused the image is. I still like them.
Of course I am 8D

*waves to Kat Number 2 *

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM

very neat. I don't much of any art of consequence. I've gotten almost everything out of the freebie forum and I've only been actively collecting pretty much this summer.

at least seito admits it.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 AM

Sup Seito? :3

@Kat: It is what comes from collecting seriously for 8 years... and using RL money. xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-19-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
very neat. I don't much of any art of consequence. I've gotten almost everything out of the freebie forum and I've only been actively collecting pretty much this summer.

at least seito admits it.
:P

I am everywhere on Mene. *stalks everything*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherdante View Post
Sup Seito? :3

@Kat: It is what comes from collecting seriously for 8 years... and using RL money. xD
Not much. Just dying from heat.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 AM

I hear ya... I am in Texas. =___=

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 01:28 AM

o___o me too.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-20-2013, 03:23 AM

It is where all the cool kats are! B3
*shot*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 AM

cool isn't the right word though. It's more like nicely toasted Kitties.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Smoking! <3

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM

but I'll be back in new mexico by the end of the week so I can cool down some and enjoy the peacefully dry air. Oh how I miss dry heat when I'm at my parents' over the summer.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 PM

It is true, the humid heat is worse than just heat. xD
Because you get super sticky. D:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-21-2013, 01:15 AM

Well, it just flat out feels hotter. Humidity adds to heat a lot.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-22-2013, 04:46 AM

Sure does! My dad hates it. And I have hearing him complain about it. xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-22-2013, 04:53 AM

My dad wants to move to new mexico and I'll probably stay there after I'm done with school. It really is my favorite state right now.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-22-2013, 02:35 PM

How many have you visited and/or lived in? :o

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 AM

I've been through/visited about half the states and a couple more countries. Yeah, only lived twoish places if you count going to school somewhere as living there.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 AM

Going to school somewhere totally counts! <3
You still in school?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 AM

yes, I have one semester left and then I'll be done.

I've been drawing your gal Kat and I finished the inking earlier in class. History of the southwest is a total snooze. >.> But she's turning out pretty cute so far.

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 08-28-2013, 03:53 AM

Exciting! <3

I hope everything goes well your final semester!
Just keep plugging along, and keep in mind it is never too soon to start looking for jobs!