(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Name: Ian Miazaki

Race: Angel

Appearance:

Arechi
Yeah, how does it feel to get a ...

Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 PM

The sound of beating wings pierced the temporarily silent air as a trail of black feathers followed behind. If one looked pass the feathers they would see the being currently soaring through the night sky was in fact a demon. Perhaps one would even be able to identify him as Cain Kurosagi, at least if they could see him enough against the darkness of the sky. For humans the sight of him would be perhaps a 'blessing' rather than a curse, as it was nowadays when either an angel or demon was seen, however for his own kind and angels it was an entirely different story. Among them he was considered nothing but a traitor, especially in the war against the humans. The crow demon had chosen to side with the humans in the war, and that was a choice that he was sure that he wasn't going to regret although he did wish that he wasn't exactly alone in his decision.

Bring his mind back to the present his black gaze did a quick once around before coming to rest on a human village up ahead. It was one that had been half way burned to the ground, however humans continued to live there despite it. Lately he had taken up trying to look after the village somewhat, or at least the people in it, from his kind and angels.

He circled the village a few times before feeling it safe enough for him to land in the center of the village. Glancing around again he noticed that a few of the humans, that were still awake, were hesitantly approaching him until they seemed to recognize who he was. After it seemed the speed upon which they approached him increased as a few shouted his name joyously. It was a bit strange still for him to hear such things, mainly because he had been hearing the opposite for so long, after all demons were suppose to be evil were they not?

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 PM

A figure dropped lightly to the ground in the darkness. He knew that if he was caught, then he would be killed for treason. And that was the last thing he wanted. But he couldn't just stand by any longer and watch the humans die. It wasn't right. All his life he had thought that angels were supposed to help the humans. Not destroy them.

He was going to do whatever it took. He ended up in an area that was mostly destroyed. This seemed like a good place to start. Now he just had to find some humans that would listen to what he had to say. If it came to a fight, he wouldn't be fighting back. He wasn't going to hurt any of the humans.

He approached the village silently. It appeared to be half-burned down, but there were still people living there. He could sense them. His eyes glanced around. His gaze stopped on the humans up ahead. But once they seen him, the instantly charged towards him. He automatically raised his hands to show that he wasn't armed, even though he did have his sword. He wasn't going to draw it though.

Arechi

Old 03-24-2011, 01:17 AM

Cain noticed that some of the humans that had came to greet him, suddenly had their attention diverted elsewhere. Immediately he turned his gaze towards what it was they were currently heading towards. It didn't take him long to realize that an angel had chosen to stop by, putting him and the humans slightly on edge. "Hold back. Don't get ahead of yourselves" the demon calmly called towards the humans that were charging towards the white winged being. Instead he began to cautiously approached towards the other being.

"What exactly is your purpose for being here? I'll warn you now if you're here to finish what's been started here, then don't expect to do so without some kind of fight" the black winged male stated, not drawing any sort of weapon though still prepared just in case. He had taken note though that the angel didn't draw the weapon that appeared to be at his side, but that didn't necessarily mean that the light winged male wasn't going to be aggressive or had a destructive agenda.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 AM

Ian turned to look at the man who spoke. It appeared to be a demon. He had heard of a demon that had betrayed them. Guessing that this was him, he didn't say anything at first. He really hoped that it wouldn't turn into a fight. He just wanted to help, after all.

"I didn't come here for a fight. Or to hurt anybody. I came to help." he stated. He kept his hands out in front of him, though he knew that they knew that he had a weapon. He wasn't going to draw it. Not on them. Not even if he was attacked. He knew that the humans probably wouldn't trust him at first. Or the demon for that matter. But he could deal with that. He wasn't expecting to be instantly accepted.

Arechi

Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 AM

Cain frowned at the angel's words of wanting to help rather than to harm anyone, as it was a rather unusual concept when dealing with either strange angels or demons. "How exactly can we be certain? You are not the first to claim such a thing and then turn around and do this to human villages" the demon replied, gesturing towards the burned ruins that was the village. He was well aware that angels used such tricks to try and gain the trust of humans, after all they had previously been guardians of humans before the wars. Of course the fact that technically angels were the opposite of demons didn't exactly help the suspicion any, but then again perhaps it was the same for the angel.

Again he noticed that the angel still wasn't drawing his weapon. "What is your name angel?" he asked, eying the other male suspiciously still. He may not have quite trusted the male, but at least he would get the male's name to at least determine if he had recognized the name.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-24-2011, 03:05 AM

"You can't be completely certain, I know that." Ian said. He knew that they weren't going to trust him. Not right away. "I will do whatever it takes to show that I want to help." And he really would. He wanted to help the humans end this war. He was tired of how a lot of people were dying, on both sides. He personally watched as his brother died. That was not something he will ever forget.

"My name is Ian Miazaki." he told the demon. He already knew what his name was. It was Cain something. He couldn't remember what the last name was. But it wasn't really important. He knew that.

Arechi

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Cain seemed to silently study the angel, as if trying to evaluate if what he said was true. The demon wasn't entirely too trusting of the one who introduced himself as Ian. "I am Cain Kurosagi, although I'm sure you may have already heard of me. After all it's not every day a demon abandons his kind to side with humans. That's not important now however...Tell me do you understand what it means to help the humans and turn your back on your own kind?" the raven haired demon asked cautiously.

Glancing to the side he could see a few humans cautiously and slowly start to approach to where he was. He knew like him the humans weren't so trusting of the white winged being either. Besides how many angels had promised the same thing before him, only to turn on them and cause nothing but destruction. The demon had personally fought many angels that had been like this as well as many of his own kind, and by now he was tired of the constant attempts and trickery.

One elderly human had managed his way beside Cain, also seemingly studying the angel. "If what you say is true...Then perhaps you can start by assisting us in rebuilding this village as well as defending it along side Sir Cain here. Lately the attacks here have been getting more fierce so you should be prepared to lay down your life possibly" the elder stated, surprising the demon beside him.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-24-2011, 05:28 PM

Ian was silent as the demon spoke. Yes, he did understand what it meant to help the humans. And he knew that it was treason. So he nodded to what Cain had said. He knew that there was risks in doing this. But he couldn't stand by. Not anymore. This war had to end. And to help doing so, he would do whatever it took.

When the elder human came over, his gaze turned to him. "I will help you in any way that I can. Whether that means dying to protect you." he told him. Rebuilding would be easy. It was the fighting that would be hard. But he knew that he could do it. Even if he was put against one of the other angels, with whom he had spent his entire life. He knew that he coudl do this.

Arechi

Old 03-24-2011, 07:02 PM

With that the elder gave a nod of understanding and turned his gaze to Cain. "I believe the rest is now in your hands. You know as well as any of us what all needs to be done here, and you're also the only one that can defend against him if he tries to act out. I know it's quite a bit to ask of you when you've been so kind to us, but do you think you could take him 'under your wing' so to speak?" the elderly man asked quietly. A slow and old smiled spread a crossed his ancient face as the demon nodded in understanding before turning and slowly making his way back to his half burnt hut of a home.

Cain's dark eyes followed the old man for a few moments before coming to rest on the angel once more. "Alright well I guess that means that for the time being you're my responsibility. I'll start you off with a relatively simple task. The village is running out of timber to rebuild the huts, why don't you go fetch some from the neighboring forest? Oh and do be careful, it's filled with wild animals with demons and angels alike in there, and I don't really feel like dragging a carcass back" the crow demon stated turning his back on Ian, though turning his head sideways to keep him in his sight.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 PM

The angel nodded. That sounded like an easy task. "Alright. It shall be done." he stated. He turned away from the crow demon and the village and spread his wings before taking off. It will go so much faster if he was up in the air. He took off towards the neigboring forest. He landed deep within it. The better place for finding timber.

Ian gathered up as much as he could carry before heading back. This pattern repeated until he had a large pile of timber resting just outside the village. Once he was done, he went over to Cain. "Is that enough timber for you?" he asked, geturing towards the pile. If that wasn't enough, then he would go get more. Luckily for him, he didn't run into anything while he was out in the forest. Even though he really expected to.

Arechi

Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 PM

While Ian was sent to gather timber, Cain busied himself in using what was left in the village to help a few humans rebuild their homes. Being he was a demon he was the main pulling strength while the humans were used more for putting on things like mortar. He was just about done erecting a wall of one particular home when the angel approached him again. Glancing over first at the winged being and then at the timber pile he motioned to. For the time being it would be enough, although he knew that it would deplete soon enough. That however wasn't his main concern at the moment.

"Yes for the time being that will suffice...I do hope though that while you were gathering you were checking to ensure nothing...followed you back here. As I said there are many wild animals, demons and angels in that forest. Judging from the fact you've come back relatively unharmed I'm guessing it safe to assume you didn't encounter everything. However just because you didn't have an encounter that doesn't mean something didn't follow you. So again I hope for your sake you were keeping a careful eye out" the demon replied in a rather cool tone as he glanced around where the timber pile was stacked. A bit further beyond he believed he could see eyes of some sort staring, and knew that something had probably indeed followed the angel.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Ian had to resist the urge to hang his head. He had completely forgotten to keep an eye out in case he was followed. But it wasn't his fault. He really wasn't a fighter. It was mainly his job to heal those who had been hurt. That, he was very good at. He felt a bit bad though for not keeping an eye out. If these people were attacked it would be his fault and then they would blame him. If they did, he would have to find some other group of humans that would allow him to help.

"I don't think I was followed..." He stated, but he knew that he didn't sound very sure. He turned and looked back behind him. He couldn't see anything behind him, so he turned to face Cain again. He was pretty positive that nothing followed. If something had, they would have attacked him. And they didn't, so they probably didn't follow him.

Arechi

Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 PM

Cain could clearly hear the uncertainty in Ian's voice, which only reinforced the fact that what he was staring at beyond the timber was indeed eyes. He let out a sigh as he realized that this angel wasn't exactly the brightest when it came to either survival or possibly even fighting. "I suppose then that over there is just my imagination?" he asked pointing in the direction he was staring. Slightly beyond the timber pile what looked like glowing blue and green eyes seemed to be gazing out towards the village.

The eyes suddenly moved quickly and reappeared much closer to the pile now, however the owner of the eyes appeared still encased in the darkness of the shadows. Whatever it was held an aura of contempt and almost pure evil. It was clear that the creature's agenda was the village, though what exactly it would want with it was uncertain. Again the demon couldn't help but get a bad feeling about it and prepared himself for any sort of attack it would try.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 AM

Ian turned to look at what Cain was pointing at. How had he not seen that before? He was sure that he would have noticed if he had been followed. He's never not noticed when someone or something was following him, so this was a first. He didn't like the way the eyes were and how he couldn't see what belonged to them.

"..I'll take care of it." the angel stated. He put on hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it. He then started towards the creature. He could tell that it was a dark creature and that it should be destroyed before it could harm any of the humans here. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if whatever followed him back were to hurt someone.

Arechi

Old 03-30-2011, 01:21 AM

Cain watched with almost amusement as the angel volunteered to take care of the menace. "Are you certain you'll be able to handle it? No offense of course, but despite your sword, you don't seem quite like the fighting type" the demon called almost casually as he carefully monitored the situation, prepared to jump in at any instance of hesitation or doubt of success from Ian. The crow demon had noticed the white winged male taking hold of the hilt of his sword, however he couldn't help but again question whether the male truly knew how to fight or was someone that could be relied on to fight.

He was brought out of his slight train of thought when he noticed the eyes suddenly disappearing, turning the area they once held into pitch blackness once more. "For your sake I hope you know more then just how to swing a sword" the demon called, crossing his arms and seemingly following something with his own dark eyes.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 PM

"Of course I know how to fight." Ian told the demon. He had been trained to fight. Even though he really hated the violence. He would defend himself when he needed to. And yeah, he wasn't the best fighter. But he was still pretty good.

He noticed the eyes move, but he didn't stop moving forward. He went towards the spot where they eyes had been. Just because they were gone doesn't mean that whatever they belonged to was gone. It was better to be safe than sorry.

Arechi

Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM

One of Cain's eyebrows rose curiously as the angel stated he knew how to fight. "I see, so I assume you'll be able to defend yourself properly against that creature then?" the demon asked in a tone that was almost mocking. His eyes continued to move as he seemed to watch some sort of invisible presence in the area. After a few moments his gaze seemed to return to Ian, noticing that he didn't seem to see what it was the crow demon was currently seeing. With a sigh he crossed his arms and allowed one finger to rise and point towards the white winged male. "Behind you" he called, his tone a mixture of what sounded like boredom and disappointment as he watched a black figure suddenly burst out of the darkness towards the other male, containing the same golden eyes and aura from before.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 AM

Of course he could defend himself against it. Ian was offended that Cain said that he couldn't do it. He was perfectly capable of defending himself. His eyes moved around, searching for the creature. When the demon said it was behind him, he spun around, drawing his sword. When the creature got close to him, he instantly swung at it. Though he wasn't sure if it hit or not.

Arechi

Old 04-01-2011, 03:06 PM

(The creature's an NPC so feel free to jump in for control of it. It'll give me more to work with too since it's a little hard to reply to a post like that in more than one sentence. :sweat:)

Cain quietly watched as the creature swerved, latching its teeth onto the blade that had been directed at it. "Just a word of advice, for a creature like that it might be better for you to figure out what its next move is before it makes it.That's just really a suggestion though" the demon almost mockingly called with a shrug. He then watched as the creature disengaged its teeth from the blade and once more retreated into the darkness. Like before the crow demon's eyes carefully seemed to follow something within the darkness. It wasn't his first time encountering such a creature, after all they were fairly common in the forest, and so knew very well what its attack pattern was. First it would disappear, circle its prey, then launch itself at the blind spot of its prey. If it failed then it would typically retreat into the darkness yet again and follow the same pattern until it succeeded.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 PM

{{Alrighty~}}

"I already know that." Ian told him. He knew how to handle himself in a fight. He watched as the creature disappeared, his eyes instantly scanning for it. He couldn't see it, but he did sense it when the creature launched itself at him from behind. He spun around and swung his sword at it. The creature dodged and retreated again. This pattern went on for a while. Until the angel finally managed to impale it with his sword. This fight really was exhausting him. But he didn't let it show on his face. He wouldn't show weakness in front of the people he wanted to protect.

Arechi

Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 AM

Cain quietly watched the battle between the angel and the creature. He noticed that although Ian had said he already knew the idea of figuring out the creature's next move before he made it, it still took him awhile to successfully slay the beast. "Not bad I suppose. A bit...slow though for a protector. It's perhaps a rather good thing that it seemed to just be one that came rather than a couple. Try not to take offense but had that been more than one you probably would have ended up a splatter and corpse on the ground" the crow demon said with both a complimentary yet somewhat critical tone. He had been somewhat surprised that the angel didn't use the angelic powers that were usually associated with his kind, which the demon felt would probably have ended the struggle much quicker, and made the crow begin to question on whether or not this angel's role as a 'protector' would entail him protecting it through fighting or through other means. 'Perhaps I should still rely on the actual protecting to myself' he thought with a mental sigh and slight shrug of his shoulders.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 PM

Ian was a bit offended with what Cain said. Sure, he wasn't the best fighter. But he did already knew that. Which was why his father never sent him into battle. But the demon didn't need to know that, right? "I could have handled it. No matter how much came." he said, sliding his sword back into its sheath. He really hated the fact that he just killed something. Even though that thing was trying to kill him first. That doesn't make it right. Which was why he wanted for the war to end. And soon.

Arechi

Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 PM

Cain couldn't help but chuckle at the angel's words. "As I said you probably would have ended up as a corpse and a splatter on the ground if there had been more than one. With those creatures you need to kill them quickly, and judging from the time it took you to kill that one you would have been ripped to shreds. Regardless of that little fact you were able to slay at least one without needing your hide to be rescued" the demon replied with the same complimentary yet insulting tone. It wasn't hard for the crow demon to see that Ian wasn't exactly the most profound of fighters, if he truly was a fighter that was, and that he would probably need to at least fend off an enemy the angel was fighting if there was more than one, or if the demon felt that the white winged male would be unable to successfully do so.