DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 06-10-2014, 05:26 AM

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-15-2014 at 02:36 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 06-10-2014, 05:30 AM

Your Hosts:

DariaMorgendorfer
Hey folks! You may have seen me on such shows as "Beavis and Butthead" and MTV's "Daria". Now, I make my happy little home here on Menewsha, bring sarcasm and humor to all it's good little girls and boys. I am really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Helpful hints from Daria:
Be creative! Originality goes a long way with me. I have a huge sense of humor, so if your avatar makes me giggle, you probably have a winner. Please no icky avatars (i.e. pain, torture, bloody, etc.) This should be fun so, above all else, have fun!

Linnea
Yo, Linny here, your friendly neighborhood color coordinator. I've been around Mene for a while now and have come far in terms of colors and layers and I have learned from the best Mene has to offer. Now it's time to put my eye to good use! Show me colors and show me creativity! Do it and reap the rewards!

Helpful hints from Linnea: Please, please, PLEASE remember to follow the directions! That being said, I really like to see clever ways of using items and neat ways of layering. Doing what everyone else is doing is boring. Be bold!

Rules
Read the rules and follow 'em. That's all I ask! XD Make sure you read them all too, because there may be something in the rules that's necessary for your entry...
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, we'll know, so just don't bother. XD
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the DAC to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM Linnea, or Daria if you want to change anything.
    [/SIZE]
  • Entries must be submitted by the end of the event. Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends. Please note, contests like this tend to take a bit of time to judge, so be patient with us, we want to make sure each avatar is carefully considered so we look at them with extreme detail and care
Prizes
We'll choose first, second, and third place winners in each of the categories. Other prizes might be added as the event goes on, depending on the amount of entries received.

Prizes are as follows:
First place: 5,000g
Second place: 3,000g
Third place: 1,000g

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-16-2014 at 07:58 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-10-2014, 11:18 AM

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue! :: A Colors Contest

Yay! it's a wedding so let's get pretty! In the spirit of wedding bliss this colors contest is going to pay a little homage to the old saying about the bride wearing something old, new, borrowed and blue. The only colors allowed this time are: white, blue, gold and silver.

No black, no teal (as it will be considered more green for this contest) and no off whites.

As usual, hair, eyes and equippable skin must match the color requirements.

I think that's it for this time! Nice and easy, yes? Any questions just ask!

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue! :: A Colors Contest Entry Form
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[size=4][color=Red][b] Old, New, Borrowed, Blue! :: A Colors Contest Entry Form[/size][/color][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]
Entries:

Rochiel SilverfireKasumi OcadaNephila

fireprincessCoraShadami

Seitostar2000shadowshinigamikarasu

ElironaBearzybloodstainedwings

SeridanoAntagonistneller

KentMagelingVelvet

GwenaHikariEmma CorrinEirianHikari

zigbigadorlubeWhisper Invictus~LONGCAT~

SuperZombiePotatoe

Last edited by Linnea; 08-07-2014 at 07:59 PM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 06-11-2014, 03:49 AM

OMG, They Wore THAT To Get Married In?

Ever seen a picture of a God Awful wedding dress? What about a bridesmaid dress that made you go . Have you seen something that a groom or groomsman was clearly miserable wearing? Well, this is the contest for you then! I want to see the most jaw dropping BAD wedding dresses, grooms attire or bridesmaid dresses/groomsman suits. You can only enter the contest once, but you can pick to be any of the above. ALSO: YOU MUST include a reference picture to your masterpiece of awful that you are cosplaying. No reference picture, no entry.

While I am all for fashion fauxpas in this contest PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO ICKY OR GORY FOR GORYS SAKE AVATARS We don't want to have anything that might upset our event bride right?

SO, here is my example of an entry! I found this LOVELY gown, it is a pineapple wedding dress! So here is my avatar
and here are my reference pictures

This is funny and fun right?!

OMG, They Wore THAT To Get Married In?
Username:
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Quote:
[size=4][color=pink][b]OMG, They Wore THAT To Get Married In? Form[/b][/color][/size]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[b]Reference picture:[/b]
Entries:

Username: Kasumi Ocada
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username:Nephila
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username: fireprincess
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username: neller
Image of My Entry:

Reference picture:

Username: Seito
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username:Shadami
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username: Cora
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username: Gummybearkisses
Image of My Entry: Reference picture:
lloydnalex's travel blog : 10. KAMAKURA - ITS A NICE DAY FOR A WHITE WEDDING

Username:XoGIZMOoX
Image of My Entry:
Reference pictures: Funniest Wedding Dresses | Funny Things

Username: `Kitami
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username: Emma Corrin
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:
Where it was found that shows it as Wedding

Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username:GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

OMG, They Wore THAT To Get Married In? Form
Username: EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Last edited by Linnea; 08-27-2014 at 04:50 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-12-2014, 01:52 AM

Weddings Around the World

We wanted a chance to celebrate Vicky's and the Mayor's wedding around the world! So this contest is for group entries but needs to focus on wedding attire from around the globe. This contest needs at least two entry participants, but is open to as many as wanted in a group entry. A reference picture is mandatory in this contest, and some information regarding the customs pictured is also needed.

Weddings Around the World
Username:
Image of our Group's Entry:
Tell Me About These Customs:
Reference Pictures:

Quote:
[size=4][color=magenta][b]Weddings Around the World[/b][/color][/size]
[B]Image of our Group's Entry:[/B]
[B]Tell Me About These Customs:[/B]
[B]Reference Pictures:[/B]
[/b]
Entries:

(Mythos/Cora/Seito/~LONGCAT~)
Tell Me About These Customs: We chose to present some Scottish traditions!
The first is "the Blackening of the Bride" is where--
Quote:
The bride and groom are slathered from head to toe in every disgusting substance their friends can get their hands on. Curdled milk, rotten eggs, spoiled curry, fish sauces, mud, flour, sausages, every nasty thing you can imagine. As if that weren’t enough, the couple is then paraded about, with well-wishers making as much noise as possible. Depending on the region, sometimes it’s just the bride or groom alone who is the victim of this particular pre-wedding tradition.
Second is Hand fasting where the lovers hands are tied together with ribbon to symbolize their being bound to one another in the act of marriage.

Additionally, the groom and his groomsman are wearing traditional Scottish formal dress~

Reference Pictures:
1 - 2 - 3

Image of our Group's Entry:GwenaHikari:EirianHikari
Tell Me About These Customs: Traditional Japanese weddings are Shinto weddings, held at shrines. Brides wear shiromuku (traditional white kimono), men wear montsuki (a black formal kimono), Haori, Hakama. Introduction to a Traditional Japanese Wedding
Reference Pictures:Ref image 1
[/b]Ref image 2

Username: bloodstainedwings, Nephila, Xogizmoox, neller, fireprincess, Ascadellia

Tell Me About These Customs:
Nikah is a Muslim marriage. It is the signing of a "solemn and sacred social contract" that is agreed by both the groom and bride. A trustworthy Muslim, such as a Qadi (a state appointed Muslim judge), officiants the Nikah ceremony. Traditionally, the bride will wear a red gharga and the groom will wear a white sherwani. In the days leading up to the wedding, close friends of the bride (typically all women) will go to the bride's home where they will dance and sing all night. This is known as a dohlki, and can last a night, a few days, or even a week! During the dohlki, the women will bake sweets and cover the bride in ubtan, a mixture of minerals and oils used to lighten the bride's skin. This will sometimes lead to ubtan/food fights.
Reference Pictures:
Bride Groom Qadi Dohlki-1 2 3 Ubtan

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 08-07-2014 at 01:44 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 07-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Reservations to PARTY and CELEBRATE the WEDDING! I mean....Reserved Post

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-01-2014, 02:40 AM

And another reserved!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 AM

Woo, this looks awesome!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 04:53 AM

That is one tough colour match. Challenge accepted.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 05:24 AM

Hehe those dresses are SO funny!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-01-2014, 05:34 AM

I am ready to be nabbed for a group entry. xD I shall be back online tomorrow to post lots .

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 AM

Gizzie is also wanting to be nabbed for the group entry contest somebody please claim lil Gizzie for their group and ping me please ^.^ im always online when im awake all day/night lol

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-01-2014, 07:03 AM

I should have checked to see if the avatar contest was up before spending so long on my avatar. >_>

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 07:16 AM

Hehe Oopsy!

So many great categories this time.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-01-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I should have checked to see if the avatar contest was up before spending so long on my avatar. >_>
CEEKAY!!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-01-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
OMG <3333

That's really all I can say.

We freaking missed you <3

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 08-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Oooh, I really want to do an Indian wedding, since i was just AT one, but I don't know that I have the energy!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-01-2014, 06:22 PM

hmm i have to get myself some blue outfit clothes 'frown' don't have any light blues and i want at least a baby blue 'sulks' i like baby blue or pale blue haha.

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Oooh, I really want to do an Indian wedding, since i was just AT one, but I don't know that I have the energy!
I was thinking the same theme!!! Want to do it?

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 06:38 PM

I LOVE THIS

I NEED TO DO THIS

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 08-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 PM

I have to get around to this.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 PM

I hope to have time for this.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-02-2014, 12:29 AM

it's exciting to see so much interest hope you all can amaze me and daria!!

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi Ocada

Old 08-02-2014, 12:52 AM

Username: Kasumi Ocada
Image of My Entry:

Sorry. ^.^' I'm new to this sort of thing so it isn't the best. I call it "Midnight Magic" and I hope it's good enough for the contest.