Sam_Grey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2014, 12:17 AM

How would you suggest for me to find others to add me and to roleplay with? Is it all about making starters? or am i allowed to join into random roleplays shown? I know most my roleplaying/story styles are a bit dark, and i know not everyone is into such things.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-12-2014, 12:25 AM

Hi Sam!

It's definitely worth checking out the RP Request forum to see what is open and actively looking for players in their games. These get updated pretty often and you are more than welcome to create your own thread to request RP partners and group games.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 12:26 AM

you can make a request thread.
with your creativeness i bet you'll get a lot of replies
=)

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-12-2014, 01:24 PM

Sam_Grey: There are all types of roleplays on Mene. Some are open application and don't require a GM (Game Master) to accept them. Others have reservations where you need to apply and wait for approval. Most roleplays come with a set of rules and, in those rules, the GM will call out the style roleplay. Here's an example from one of my roleplays:
Quote:
| the rules |
Let's keep 'm simple, shall we? Just follow the Mene rules and listen to what I say. Post proper sentences (third person, if you please), and color your speech when your character is talking. Also underline and bold othercharacters in your post. I'll let you know when sightings occur and I'll also play all the NPCs. Oh and please PM characters to me. Thankies~!
Since I don't openly state, "You can start posting after you've PMed (private messaged) your character to me," it's safe to assume that my roleplay requires approval. If the character fits the story, I would message the person back stating that they are free to post.

Anyway, as it's been pointed out, if you're looking to start your own, toss up a request or recruiting thread; this could be for a group or private story. You can toss up as many threads as you want, assuming they aren't the same. So if you're looking to start a group RP and you want some private ones, you could toss up a thread for each kind.

If you're not ready to start your own stories, look around the RP forum. Since you like horror, you might want to see what active horror RPs are open and accenting. If you can't find something you like (group-wise), you can go back and check the request thread for private roleplays or roleplays that are trying to get off the ground. Look around and see if anyone's request suits your fancy. Don't hesitate to drop a line in the threads asking things like, "Do you do horror" or "I see you list horror as something you like, would you like to discuss a horror RP future." Stuff like that.

Well, I hope that helped. If you ever need anything else, don't be afraid to drop me a line.