zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM

I received a lot of excellent feedback from all of you in my recent announcement about our plans to reorganize the forums. Thank you all for taking the time to contribute to the future layout of the site! The staff has reviewed all of your comments and would like to show you what we propose.

For those of you who missed the first announcement, here is why we would like to reorganize the forums:

Quote:
Our current forum map has too many forums and subforums for our current user base to keep active. Therefore, we’d like to propose a more streamlined forum with less overall forums and subforums to help boost site activity and make the Menewsha forums friendlier and easier to navigate, both for our current user base and for new users.
Without further ado, here is our proposed layout!

Just a quick note on how to read the map:

- The “-“ lists indicates subforums
- The “[…]” in grey represent the proposed thread tags
(if you are unfamiliar with these you can check out the Exchange Forum to see what they look like)

Updates

- The DAC forum will be moved to a subforum of Avatar Chat
- Site Feedback and The Help Desk will remain separate

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 08-11-2017 at 10:46 AM..

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 08-02-2017, 04:25 PM

Looks good, Zig!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 08-02-2017, 04:50 PM

yeah i agree, it looks great!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-02-2017, 07:27 PM

It does look good!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-02-2017, 07:46 PM

looks awesome Zig.. can't wait to see it in action.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 PM

Looks good to me :)

---------- Post added 08-03-2017 at 09:46 AM ----------

Wait - where is the contests forum?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-02-2017, 10:02 PM

We've decided to remove the contests forum as it is extremely inactive and most contests can easily be moved to either the art forum or exchange forum.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 08-02-2017, 11:15 PM

Looks alright to me! :D

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 08-03-2017, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
We've decided to remove the contests forum as it is extremely inactive and most contests can easily be moved to either the art forum or exchange forum.

Okay, so contests in the exchange forum now unless it's art, gotcha! :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-03-2017, 04:25 AM

Would a Writing contest go in the writers section Ziggy?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-03-2017, 05:54 AM

idk if I'd merge Q&A's with Feedback. idk if DAC is big enough to justify having its own forum. Otherwise I'd say it looks good.

uncledaddy
swamp troll

Old 08-03-2017, 11:02 AM

i'm confused about what the item guide is doing in writing forum and i second the question of why DAC needs a forum.

that said, this looks great; i think it's a good balance based on all the feedback, looks easy to navigate and uncluttered.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Would a Writing contest go in the writers section Ziggy?
Yep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledaddy View Post
i'm confused about what the item guide is doing in writing forum and i second the question of why DAC needs a forum.

that said, this looks great; i think it's a good balance based on all the feedback, looks easy to navigate and uncluttered.
Oops good catch on the item guide! That's not meant to be there. I'll fix that as soon as I get a chance.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-03-2017, 12:24 PM

The dac has its own forum because that's the only way to get to the dac, isnt it?

I think this looks good. O:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2017, 12:32 PM

I left the DAC that way because I'm honestly not sure I can move and didn't want to bork anything. I can look into it though to see if it could be put as a subforum of avatar chat without borking stuff.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-03-2017, 02:48 PM

I think we could still use an unclassified subforum for rps, but otherwise I think it looks really good. This look is much cleaner.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-03-2017, 07:26 PM

I think it looks great :] nice job Zig

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-04-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, about the contests forum extinction. Why can't there be staff run contests on this thread? I do not know if there ever was, but there certainly isn't any now.

Wouldn't Menewsha be more fun if there were staff run contests?

I've never understood the herd mentality that insists anything and everything can only occur during an event, i.e. contests, giveaways, or commons items being released. If there had never been a contests forum would't it be lauded as a good suggestion if someone proposed one?

I also do not understand the thinking that says that some items should be rare and next to impossible to acquire. Where is the joy in that? This only encourages hoarding. I know this because I am hoarding the only Golden Orchid I know of. I would be happy to give it to someone via a contest, but I know that if I do, then the new owner will only hoard it as well.

To her credit, hummy has created an item lending thread, but not many Menewshans use it because they want that item as their own and since there is an artificial shortage, none can be had. In my opinion, this is contrary to the spirit of Menewsha and only serves to disappoint new members and veteran members alike.

How many times have you visited an eatery, received poor service or bland food and simply never returned?

Not everyone uses the suggestion box.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 08-04-2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Yeah, about the contests forum extinction. Why can't there be staff run contests on this thread? I do not know if there ever was, but there certainly isn't any now.

Wouldn't Menewsha be more fun if there were staff run contests?

I've never understood the herd mentality that insists anything and everything can only occur during an event, i.e. contests, giveaways, or commons items being released. If there had never been a contests forum would't it be lauded as a good suggestion if someone proposed one?

I also do not understand the thinking that says that some items should be rare and next to impossible to acquire. Where is the joy in that? This only encourages hoarding. I know this because I am hoarding the only Golden Orchid I know of. I would be happy to give it to someone via a contest, but I know that if I do, then the new owner will only hoard it as well.

To her credit, hummy has created an item lending thread, but not many Menewshans use it because they want that item as their own and since there is an artificial shortage, none can be had. In my opinion, this is contrary to the spirit of Menewsha and only serves to disappoint new members and veteran members alike.

How many times have you visited an eatery, received poor service or bland food and simply never returned?

Not everyone uses the suggestion box.
I kinda have to second this. It would be great if there were more giveways/contests that weren't centered around an event. I know for me the event's themselves are stressful enough because of all the great items that usually come out. I'm always scrambling to try and get them before time is up and there's so many games/contests to keep up with that the usual event time isn't enough to do everything.
I think it would also encourage more activity because there wouldn't be down times between events with giveaways and such.

Also, with the DAC (which I love please don't get rid of it ever ;3;) is there someone that's fixing/updating the tags? Because there are a lot of items that don't show up right. Sometimes the only way for me to find a CI/EI is by putting the year in and scrolling. Instead of just using the name of the item. Or sometimes all of the poses for a multi item won't be there. Is there a way to fix this? Do you guys need any help? Because I'd certainly be willing to help sort this out, although I understand it's lower on the priorities list.

Oh! And has anyone discussed potentially bringing old CIs back to the shop? As Mr. Wrong has said above, it kinda sucks to have some super rare (really amazing) items that seemingly no one can get their hands on (due to people not being around when they came out)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-04-2017, 04:08 AM

I am sorry if this was mentioned somewhere -- I was wondering if there is a proposed date that this forum reorganization is happening

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2017, 10:44 AM

@ Mr. Wrong: Some of these suggestions have already been made and are under consideration but unfortunately I can do so many things at a time. If only I had clones of myself I could do so much more!

@ R u b y: We're definitely not getting rid of the DAC. For tag issues you can post in the Dream Avatar Creator forum and I would suggest pinging either a pixelist or an AA so they will be sure to see it and we can help get a tag added to an item you're having trouble looking for.

@ salvete: I'm as excited to see these changes as you but I haven't put a proposed date because there's still a lot of work that needs to go on behind this. I'm working on it as I can but it's still going to take a while to get everything prepared for the change, especially since the focus right now is getting everything ready for our next event! I will definitely make another announcement before the launch to give an exact date for the launch.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 08-04-2017 at 11:47 AM..

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
idk if I'd merge Q&A's with Feedback.
Seconds this.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 08-05-2017, 03:40 AM

Okay awesome thank you so much :D

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2017, 04:54 AM

While I understand this doesn't solve all of the things that have been brought up in this thread in the last couple of days, I did want to point everyone to this thread as there are some fancy smanshy rare items being auctioned off by Roachi, the proceeds of which go to the Utopia Charity for further giving to the menewshan people! You can find details here! Roachi's Auction House - Open! Read all the RULES please, before bidding!

*Hime*

Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:

@ salvete: I'm as excited to see these changes as you but I haven't put a proposed date because there's still a lot of work that needs to go on behind this. I'm working on it as I can but it's still going to take a while to get everything prepared for the change, especially since the focus right now is getting everything ready for our next event! I will definitely make another announcement before the launch to give an exact date for the launch.
Keep up the good work!
Excited to hear there is a new event coming up :o