Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-02-2015, 06:01 PM

A couple of years ago I went through a really bad bout of depression and lost all motivation to draw or do anything productive with my life.

I used to be very good at drawing, (not to sound conceited or anything) I was even being considered for a prestigious art school when I was in elementary, however, I was too young to be admitted. Drawing was my life, I drew all the time. Then, I started getting depressed, someone online told me my art sucked and I'd never go far with a career in art, then I just lost the motivation to draw as everything I made seemed to look like shit. So I stopped drawing in 2012.

Since then, my dad has been trying to encourage me to draw, but I haven't had any motivation to and I didn't enjoy drawing like I used to so I didn't see the point.

Well, it's been two years (2013) since my last hospitalization for mental health and I've come a long way and I'm feeling better now...

My dad wanted a drawing for Father's Day, and I love my dad very, very much so I promised him I make him a drawing for Father's Day. I worked really hard on it, probably the hardest I've worked on a drawing in a long time. I decided to draw in charcoal because it's always been one of my favorite mediums. And well, frankly, I think the drawing turned out AWESOME.

And so, I've found my motivation to draw again, and now I am drawing pictures in charcoal. :)

Welcome to:

Ava's Adventures with Charcoal!

Drawn from reference.

Drawn from reference.

More to come! :D

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 07-04-2015, 10:41 AM

I like drawing too! You're pretty good at it!

Professional illustrators all work from photographs. It's an inside secret. Most of them just trace. If you can draw just by looking at a picture you're better than a professional illustrator!

I like the drawing at the top better than I like the photograph. It just looks cooler.