r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 AM

Labrys Nyx was a man of many talents, and the maker of multiple enemies. Along with another he had built a ship capable of traveling through out time, and space. In addition to this it had an infinite exterior no matter the form it decided to take on the outside. On this particular occasion it had decided to take on the form of a wooden door that looked like it belonged within the medieval period. There was no wall holding the door up, though it stood there as though it was.

Labrys within his own room filled with stars circling him slept in an entirely white bed that sat in the very midst of the room. The head of the bed had a sort of half egg shape to it and a single gold star and silver crescent moon hung over Labrys's head like a baby's mobile. Every so often a comet would shoot across the artificial sky. The moon that in the sky was full, and bright. The man himself laid with his head buried in the sheets his thick ebony curls covered his head.

For the humans it was night. Psyche, and Axel were two of the people that had volunteered to pull an overnight shift so they could be there when some new exhibits arrived.

Axel was twenty-three. He was still studying archeology at an out of state college, but had returned home for the summer. An odd thing about Axel was that his hair was so blonde that it seemed white, one could also make out silver strands through out his hair, and there was one patch at his bangs stood out particularly. Despite his already graying hair the length of it was down to his mid-back, and thick in body. He kept it tied back to keep it from getting out of control. His eyes were a sapphire blue unfortunately matching that of his father who had after forcing his mother had never shown up in their lives. Well except for the few times he showed up on their steps only to have his mother force him to leave. Axel's mother was not a woman to be messed with.

Typically Axel could be seen dressed up, never without a vest. Today he wore a dark gray one with white pin stripes. He idly stood by the Cleopatra exhibit listening to the speaker through a pair of headphones.

Psyche in her signature red sweat shirt sat with her feet up on a bench reading. She was only nineteen, and considered herself very mature for her age something that she had announced through out her entire life. She was short, and had often been mistaken as a middle schooler. She was possibly the most adventurous spirit amongst their small town of Andville. Her long brown hair caressed her shoulders. She swept it back behind her ear in annoyance. She had lost her ponytail holder, and the black headband did little for her.

She fiddled with the strings of her brown hiking boots. Time was going by way to slow for her. Standing up she stretched yawned, and set the book down on the bench as she proceeded to go out hoping to find the others doing something a bit more interesting.

Last edited by r_e_n_o_Love; 08-21-2011 at 03:35 PM..

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-25-2011, 07:42 PM

Tristyn Price was a smart man. He was good at just about everything that he tried. Though one thing he never could get right was cooking. Everything he made seemed to set ablaze. All well. Couldn't do anything, right? Right now, though he knew he should be getting some rest, he sat up on his black comforter in his room, all the lights off. He figured if he stayed in here long enough, he'd eventually fall asleep.

Sighing, he laid back on the bed and slipped under the covers. He closed his brown eyes and snuggled into the pillow, exhausted. But, still couldn't sleep. His dark brown hair hung slightly in his face and tickled his nose, so he brushed it back. It took about another hour before he managed to fall asleep.

Lowri Felix walked through the dark streets after having snuck out. At 18 years old, she was tired of her parents trying to control her life. It was starting to get annoying. Her black hair was pulled up and styled and she was dressed to impress. As of now, her destination was a night club somewhere around here where she planned to meet her friends. She was going to go out, have a good time, and nobody was going to stop her. Besides, her parents will never know. They were deep sleepers and will never know she had gone in the first place. So, this was just great!

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 AM

Psyche stretched, and yawned as she came across Axel who was standing behind the front desk. She was so desperate for the chance to crawl into her bed, and to cuddle her pillow beneath her blanket. "So when's that shipment comin anyways?"

"Don't worry about it. I got Andrew to cover for us. I'll be returning later to help him out, as for right now we need to be meeting up with Lowri." Axel knelt down to pull out a black bag from one of the cubbies beneath the desk. From it he took out his car keys.

Psyche sighed hunching over. "Oh... Right... that's tonight."

"Yup," he said standing up. "I'm calling her now to let her know we're on our way. You go gather your stuff up, and meet me out at the car."

"Yeah sure," she grumbled. Psyche smiled a little knowing perfectly well that she was excited to be spending time with Lowri. She could get over her lack of sleep for her.

Once Psyche was out of the room Axel pulled out his cell from his back pocket. "Hey Lowri this is Axel. We're just leaving out so we should be there in less than ten. Do you need me to pick you up or anything?"

Over the years Labrys had gotten to know the tiny shifts of the ship well, and they were at this particular time not where or what they were supposed to be. "Foul contraption, must you always have it your own way?!" he shouted as he scrambled out of bed. He made his way to the operating room shouting, and bellowing.

Upon entering the room he began turning knobs, clicking keys, and messing with all sorts of doo hickies until everything was set properly. "There," he said dusting his hands off feeling quite accomplished.

On the outside where there had once been a visible door was now an invisible door. There was no reason to have it any other way at least in Labrys's mind. Besides that at that particular second between where it was visible, and where it became invisible Andrew had wandered in, and had seen that door. His blinking, and the fact that the door was there, and then not there after lead him to simply believe that he had been seeing things. Had there been something else there, something that most likely he had never seen, after something he had also never seen would have probably made him a great deal suspicious. That however was not the case, and the matter was resolved, along with the chance that Andrew could have been a more relevant character as a result... anyways....

"Tristyn! Trystin! Will you wake up!" He banged on his door. "I swear you pick the most inconvenient times to sleep. We have something that needs doing!"

Last edited by r_e_n_o_Love; 09-03-2011 at 06:59 PM..

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 PM

Lowri heard her phone ringing and pulled it out of her bag. Seeing it was Axel, a smile formed on her face. " She answered and listened to what he said.

"No. Its fine. I'm already almost there. I'll just see you and Psyche there." she told him. It would only take a few more minutes if she was lucky to make it to her destination.

Tristyn could hear Labrys yelling, but he was easy to tune out. Besides, he was exhausted. It had been a long couple of days for him. He deserved some rest, after all.

Though he couldn't help but groan at the banging at his door. "Alright. I'm up." he called, rolling out of bed. He went over and opened the door. "Now. What exactly is the problem?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2011, 05:27 AM

Labrys twisted his lips, and stared at Tristyn from over the bridge of nose. "There are a great deal of problems at hand. I've managed to solve one as of yet." He slicked back his hair tossing his head ever so slightly to the side as he cocked a smile. "Our current problem is," he looked up at the ceiling, "is finding a good reason for being here. I'm sure there is one, and I won't be able to sleep a wink until we've found it."

Labrys sighed. "Anyways, I'm going to disappear for a while, if you'd rather sleep in." He sank his face into his hand resting it there for a brief moment, then dragged it down. "Perhaps we should try, and sleep a bit before running off," he said after having the chance to ponder.

"Be careful then," Axel said, and as he had said they arrived within a short time at the club. When they entered he looked over the room for Lowri hoping that she had made it here alright.

"I see her!" Psyche shouted. "Lowri! Hey!" She grabbed Axel's hand pulling him in their friend's direction knowing perfectly well he was to cautious to rush over. It hadn't been that long since they seen each other, it was just Psyche being overly excited the way she usually was with the added bonus that she had been relieved of her duties at the museum for the night. "Axel may have to ditch early tonight, he promised to be back at the museum later tonight. I on the other hand am free!"

Axel chuckled, then smiled shyly shrugging his shoulders. "I had made the promise to be there to begin with." He gazed over at Lowri. "So any goals we want to accomplish tonight?"

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Tristyn remained silent as Labrys spoke. He knew better than to interrupt. Then nodded to what was said. "Getting a bit more sleep will probably be a good idea. No point running around half asleep. Then nothing will get done." he told him. With that said, he closed his door and laid back on his bed.

A part of him was curious about where they were. But, of course, that could wait a little while while he got a bit more sleep. He was still exhausted, so he wasn't going to be able to focus without it. With that in mind, he curled up under the blanket and went back to sleep.

Lowri slipped her phone back into her bag and soon arrived at the club, still smiling slightly. She couldn't wait to she her friends, even if it hadn't been that long ago. When she heard Psyche's voice, she turned towards it and her smile grew into a grin.

She ran over to meet them halfway. "Hey guys!" she exclaimed. Sure, it would suck if Axel had to leave early, but she wasn't going to blame him if he did. He did have a job to do. She thought about his question. "Have as much fun as possible?" she suggested.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-10-2011, 05:13 PM

[Going to add a bit of drama if you don't mind.]

"Eh hem. Yes," Labrys agreed watching as the door closed before turning his back to it. He placed a hand on the wall stroking it gently down as though he were easing the worry of some person. "Well, I couldn't very well tell him the truth now could I? Besides you still haven't quite explained why you brought us here to begin with." He headed towards his room in heavy thought of their current situation, and other things. Labrys wasn't one to let things go, and he still had the habit of expecting Tristyn to run along side him without question.

He paused at the top of the spiral staircase that lead towards his room. The burning on his chest, and the sudden lack of energy had became intolerable. Labrys undid the top most buttons of his pajama shirt revealing a black spot at the center of his chest about the size of his palm. It hadn't happened that long ago,only about a year, but it had grown from about the size of a mustard seed. "Goodness my legs feel wobbly. Such an awful feeling." His left arm went forward as his legs caved in, and his right, bald up into a fist, came to his chest. His back hit the railing when he loss strength enough in his left arm to hold himself up. It was like someone were dimming the lights before he closed his eyes, though he was not quite unconscious yet. Despite his state he turned onto his stomach his head coming down into his chest. With his teeth clenched he began crawling towards his room which lucky for him was not to far away. His door opened, and closed behind him. He made it nearly a foot from his bed before his body finally gave out.

Amidst at least a thousand stars one started to flicker before falling down upon his cheek. One flare, and then it faded.

"That sounds like a good enough goal to me," Axel said smiling. He turned to look at the crowd. The music playing was loud, but enjoyable. He had been so caught up in the silence of his school life that it was always something nice to return to during the summer.

Psyche's eyes glittered with excitement. She grabbed both of their hands, and began dragging them towards the dance floor. The moment her feet hit the edge she began swaying her hips, and arms. She took off her sweatshirt so that she was now in a bumble-bee striped tank top, and tied it around her waste. "Come on guys. Let's dance. Wooo!"

Axel shook his head grinning widely. Ballroom dancing was one thing, this was something else. "Well we can't argue with her now." He chuckled. He did a few spins before catching onto the beat. His eyes never left Lowri, and Psyche couldn't help, but laugh when she noticed. She always saw the way he looked at her. He on the other hand was completely oblivious. He had never had those feelings before for anyone. All he knew was that he was happier when he was around her, and that he'd think of her the most whenever they were away from each other. Maybe he did know. He offered his hand out to Lowri, a bashful look clear on his face.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-10-2011, 05:28 PM

Tristyn couldn't sleep for long. He sat up and looked around, not able to shake the feeling that something was wrong. And even though he was still tired, he got up and left the room. Maybe Labrys would know what was going on. With that in mind, he headed to the other's room.

Stopping just outside the room, he knocked lightly. "Labrys.. Are you still awake?" he asked. If he was asleep, he would try to figure it out on his own. Though he would feel better with the other's help. It made the work go so much faster. He waited silently for an answer.

Lowri laughed at Psyche's enthusiasm as she followed her out onto the dance floor. They just got here and she already knew that it would be a great night. "Nope. No point arguing." she said in agreement with Axel. When her friend wanted something, it was best to just go along with it.

After a moment, she noticed Axel had a hand out to her. Smiling, she took it and danced with him. She always enjoyed spending time with her friends, but even more so with Axel. Couldn't help it. Her smile turned into a grin. This really was going to be a great night!

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 PM

For about however long Tristyn was asleep Labrys lay on the floor curled up on his side like he had fallen asleep in the wrong spot. In his subconscious the knock at the door echoed, and he heard Tristyn speak. He had to wake up, he had to, he couldn’t let him see him like this. Come on Labrys get up. Wake up! Do something will you! He could feel his body coming back into his control. It seemed heavier than usual, and he had always been rather light.

Labrys put a hand onto his bed failing to pull himself up before it went limp. He’d gain his strength back in due time, but for right now his body was refusing to cooperate. His shoulder was lifted, his head hang low, and he sighed. Everything was fading in and out. “I’m… awake… Tristyn….” He paused or more so he was cut off by the burning sensation returning to him. This time when he reached for his bed he was able to at least able to pull himself to the side of it resting his head at the edge. He stared at the door as it, despite his wishes, opened. His attempt to pull himself up came only in his mind. In reality he could barely move his hand to pull his shirt closed over his chest. All that he was going through meant that the spot was taking time to grow. “Imustafallin…outtabed,” he muttered.

Axel spun Lowri around once before not quite letting go, he was still holding the tips of her finger for a short moment. His own grin met with hers. Yes. This was defiantly going to be a great night. While they danced together Psyche danced with a boy who she had known in high school. It was hard not to know everyone in such a small town. Every once and awhile she would gaze over at them smiling. She wished that they would just hurry up, and get together. “I’ll be right back,” she said to her dance partner.

“I thought that maybe we could-“ He gazed up in the direction of the DJ as a softer melody began to play. Someone and it wasn’t hard to guess who, even without noticing her sudden disappearance, was messing with them. The song of choice was Can’t Help Falling in Love with You, by Elvis Presley. Most likely the DJ had chosen the song personally. Axel turned a light shade of red offering his hand out once more to Lowri. “Care for this dance,” he said jokingly.

Psyche appeared beside the boy she had dance with earlier, and without issue, though she had no real interest in him, began to dance.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM

Tristyn waited patiently after he heard Labrys speak. At least he wasn't waking him up. That wasn't something he wanted. That man didn't get enough sleep as it was. When the door opened and he stepped inside. But froze at the sight of Labrys.

"I really doubt that." he said, going over to him. The entire time he's known him, the other man has never fallen out of bed. But then again, how should he know. He's only ever been in this room once or twice before. And that was only for something important.

Tristyn grabbed Labrys and pulled him up so that he was laying on the bed. "What really happened?" he asked, wanting to be able to help.

Lowri was a bit disappointed when the song change cut Axel off. She wanted to know what he was going to say. Though she couldn't help but blush when he held his hand out to her again.

Nodding, she took it. "O-Of course." she stuttered. Then mentally cursed herself. Why did she do that!? She's never stuttered before!

As she moved closer to him, her heart started racing. But there was no way she was going to back down now. She wanted to dance with him, and this was the perfect opportunity.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 AM

It came as no surprise to him that Tristyn didn’t buy into his act. He had never been meant to act in front of a clever audience. He groaned as he pulled him onto the bed more so out of embarrassment than out of the pain he was in. He smiled a weak smile staring up at Tristyn refusing the whole time to move his hand away from his chest. “Let’s not worry about me now. You came in here for something right?” He gazed up at the star overhead to avoid eye contact. It was after all easier to avoid suspicion when no one could read your eyes, or did that make things worse? He couldn’t remember.

Axel pulled her close to him placing a hand at her waste, and was careful not to go any further down. This was something nice, but his heart was pounding. His mind was fluttering with all sorts of things. “Italian,” he said trying to break the awkward silence. The last thing he wanted was her to feel uncomfortable. They were only friends after all, right? “Eat…. We should get Italian to eat….”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-11-2011, 03:17 AM

Tristyn examined Labrys for a moment. Something was really wrong with him, but he knew better than to push him. He'd tell him if he wanted. "Something didn't feel right to me. But now I'm starting to think its because you collapsed." he told him. Sure, the feeling was still there. Just not as urgent as before. So they could work through it when the other was better.

Lowri was a bit confused at first when Axel spoke. Until he continued. Nodding, she smiled. "Y-Yeah. That sounds good." she told him. She hadn't eaten much at dinner, so eating afterward would be a good idea. Plus, Italian was good, no matter what time it was. She just hoped a place would be open when they actually left.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 PM

“Oh…” was the only word that escaped his lips. He clenched his teeth as he pushed himself up unsurprisingly falling back down. “These limbs of mine aren’t really good for anything,” he joked. “Well it’s probably all do to a lack of sleep or something or another, no sense in worrying yourself… damn.” This time he shoved himself up with as much force as he could, and hobbled over towards a wall. “Quiet you, there’s no sense in worrying him over nothing.” He leaned his shoulder against the wall. “Besides everything will be fine once the burning stops….”

Labrys turned so that his back was against the wall, and slumped down. “Did I ever tell you I had a brother Tristyn?” Had he ever mentioned his brother he would have said that they had never gotten along. He would have of course told him that it was because his brother hated him for being born. So many people hated him. It made it worse that he was his own flesh and blood and wanted so much to please him. Eventually it became clear to him that they were never meant to coexist after his brother had placed so many people’s lives in jeopardy by trying to kill him. “Tristyn do you think you’d be able to handle her on your own if-” The burning sensation stopped, and his body felt lighter. He put a hand over his eyes. It was over it was finally over, though he knew the moment he looked at it, it would be bigger meaning his life had once again been severed.

It was not over though, not quite. He felt his heart tighten, it was a quick pain, but held the results of being knocked in the gut. It was enough for him to realize what was going on. My heart. It’s attacking my heart. Panting, and huffing he maneuvered himself up. “To all hell. Screw the f-ing dramatics.” He felt his chest as though he were looking for something. “I think I may be dying, either that or becoming a vegetable, and not the pleasant kind either. Boy how I would have loved ending up in somebody’s stew,” he said laughing hysterically. With a sigh he looked at his door. “Now as I was saying before we have a great deal of problems we need to tend to. We mustn’t be doddling.” He buttoned his shirt. “She still hasn’t told me why we’re here, then of course she rarely ever does. Has she told you yet?” The machine had a way of speaking that Labrys mostly felt, but sometimes heard as a whisper. Sometimes it speak to them both directly, other times it speak to them individually.

“Great,” Axel said delighted. When the song finally ended he felt very out of place. It was almost like he had been taken out of his own mind. The whole time as cliché as it might sound he was lost in her eyes. They had never really been close like this, not in this sort of setting. “That was nice….” It was ridiculous to think that he could be in love with his best friend, someone who he felt he was a number of years older than. It would be terrible for her, and it just wasn’t proper. His chest felt so twisted inside.

“You two looked so sweet,” Psyche teased causing Axel to blush. She looked at her watch, it was getting pretty late. “What time do you have to leave again Axel?”

“Before one I guess.”

About another couple hours. “We should get something to eat then before we have to much fun, and forget to feed you.”

Axel nodded. “Did you guys want to stay for a couple more songs?”

Psyche shrugged her shoulders. “Lowri that’s up to you.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Tristyn frowned. He didn't like how Labrys was trying to joke about this. Something was seriously wrong and there was no point trying to deny it. He knew that he wasn't worrying over nothing. He knew something was wrong; could feel it in his gut. And he has learned to trust that feeling. It was normally right.

He thought for a moment before shaking his head. "No.. I don't think you ever did." he said. He would have remembered if Labrys told him about his family. He was confused for a moment about the next part. Then realized he was talking about the ship. A part of him thought he could handle it himself. But, of course, there was a part of him that doubted it.

Dying?!? Labrys couldn't die! Tristyn was positive he wasn't ready to do this on his own! He shook his head. "No.. The only thing I was told was something was wrong. Then I came here. That was it." he told him.

Lowri didn't notice at first that the song stopped. At least, not until Axel spoke. "Yeah, it was." she said in agreement.

She couldn't help but jump slightly when Psyche came out of nowhere and spoke. Or about the light blush that covered her cheeks.

Thinking about it, she let her stomach decide. It was demanding for her to eat.

"Let's get something to eat now. Then come back later." she told them.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 AM

“Always so unspecific, and there, there it is, I feel it,” he exclaimed grinning widely. “A bone chilling sensation. I should have figured it out a long time ago. We’re in a museum for goodness sake, and what do humans always attract to museums?” He moved across the room undoing his shirt as he made his way to his wardrobe. He opened it up, and peered inside briefly before snapping his fingers. Small orbs of light spiraled around him produced by some mechanism within the ship, and when they disappeared in an engulfing light Labrys was presented dressed in a brown trench coat, a red plaid sweater vest, white dress shirt, a black bow tie, black slacks, and brown loafers. Oh, and a brown fedora. “Curses!”

Psyche nodded swaying her hip, and Axel nodded as well. Axel drove them to an Italian restaurant that specialized in serving oversized meals. Their specialties were their deep dish pizza, and lasagna. It was owned by a local family, the Ramano’s, Psyche’s distant cousins.

Axel looked over his menu at Lowri, and Psyche. “Anything peek your interests?”

“I’m all for pizza with a ton of sausage, and cheese. Mmmm. Meat.” Psyche leaned back rubbing her bell, and licking her lips, then giggled.

“How about you Lowri?”

[I’m trying to remember if Axel’s a vegetarian or not….]

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 AM

He was silent, thinking about the answer. But, before he got the chance to say anything, Labrys spoke again, answering his own question. Once he did, the answer made sense. "If there is a curse, exactly what are we supposed to do about it?" Tristyn asked. If they were going out somewhere, he knew he needed to go get dressed. No matter how comfortable he was wearing what he was at the moment. It wouldn't be appropriate outside.

Lowri looked over the menu, thinking for a moment. Though she already knew what she wanted. "Definitely pizza! Vege-deluxe!" she said. Sure, she liked meat. But not on her pizza. It just didn't sit right in her stomach. But, she'd eat anything else on the pizza. And meat any other time.

{{Take your time remembering.}}

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM

[I am so on a Doctor Who high right now. >.>]

"Same as we always do," he said heading over to the door. "Get involved, cause a bit of mayhem, and then magically fix everything at the last moment.” He straightened his bow tie. A loud clanking sound came from somewhere outside his room. “Go get ready, and I’ll make sure everything’s ok.”

“Hmmm, how about we get both? Half and half,” he said folding the menu.

“Sounds good to me,” Psyche said. “Sure you don’t want to pick out anything Axel.”

“I’m good with whatever you two want.” He had been raised to not be to picky, though he did go through his phases growing up.

[I’ll make my next post more epic I swear. D:]

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 PM

{{Cool. I want to to watch it, just never have the time.}}

He nodded. "Alright." he said. He left the room and ran to his room, getting dressed quickly. It shouldn't take to long to short this out, right? At least, he hoped not. Plus, it was a good chance to have some fun while they were doing this. When he was dressed, he went to meet up with Labrys.

"Sounds good." Lowri said. Though she wasn't sure why Axel never ordered something specific when they got pizza. Though she just figured that was the way he was, so she decided not to question it. It was up to him, after all.

{{Sorry this isn't very long.}}

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 09-27-2011, 02:01 AM

[Felt like I should in some history. If you feel like adding on feel free.]

[You should, it's an awesome show, though I'm so confused half the time.]

"Disgusting, absolutely disgusting!" Labrys held out the long, gray rat as far off as possible. It was as plump as a fat cat, and about the size of one as well. It screeched, and squirmed in Labrys's hands. "You bite me, and you will gravely regret it. Ha! Take that!" He was able to place the rat in a self-sealing glass container right before it almost bit him. "I will not give it holes to breath. It's contaminated this place bad enough as it is with its little droppings, and what not. I will not have it breathing out its disease." He glared at the creature stretching his hands out as though he were going to choke it. "Uck. I need to wash my hands," he said moving towards the sink pausing midway. "Or should I get rid of that thing first." After a moment of staring at it he shook his head, and picked it up holding it out as far as possible. He turned every which way, going every which way, trying to figure out the best way to dispose of it.

"The matter transporter, of course," he said looking over at what looked like a laundry or garbage shoot. However, before he could take a step forward he felt an unsettling movement, and shift of weight coming from within the box. When he looked to observe the rat was turning inside out, and getting larger. In a panic Labrys dropped it, backing away without hesitation. Its screeches turned into screams as it started to take on the shape of a man. The man was bald with a tiny turned up nose, and protruding fangs. His skin was pasty, his eyes were red with black irises, and his fur had turned into a fur suit. His tail hung down onto the floor trailing behind him as he walked through the now broken glass.

Labrys had decided to use the opportunity to scrub at his hands. He turned quick when he felt the man's nose sniffing at his back. "You smell like death. You're going to die soon, aren't you," the man said.

"I'm not dead yet. Stop looking at me like that it feels violating." He backed up further onto the sink as the man came closer to his chest. He couldn't be more thankful to have Tristyn walk into the room. With a great deal of stumbling he escaped behind Tristyn only peaking over his shoulders gripping him by the arms like he were holding up a shield. "I'd be more than grateful if you helped me keep a distance between myself that, that thing."

The man growled glaring at Labrys as he came closer halting about a foot away from the two men. "You have some nerve after all I've done for you Labrys Nyx, risking my life trying to get you that crystal. The way I see it you and Tristyn owe me big."

"Your very being is completely unsanitary, and you are a spineless, scheming coward, and as I recall if it wasn't for you in the first place we would have obtained the crystal just fine." Labrys stayed behind Tristyn as he spoke, and actually pulled him closer after he had finished speaking because the man had came a bit closer, and was obviously getting angrier, but mostly because he was getting closer.

He hissed. The man's name was Fribiz, and they had met him at the beginning of their adventure. He had insisted on his assistance in obtaining the Yulian crystal form the lava filled regions of Morelius. The whole time he had been planning to take the crystal for himself, and selling it for himself. He was a lot more of an annoyance than he was any help. He had caused Tristyn, and Labrys to be captured, and nearly killed by a group of savages. Had it not been for them escaping he would have died trying to get the crystal, and of course he put their lives in danger a second time before he escaped with the crystal. They had to track him down later, and convince him into handing it over, and not without a price. It wasn't the last time that they had met him either.

"Why is it that you are here Fribitz?"

"It's Fribiz you imbecile. And it's on the count of your no good brother. He's threatening to kill me."

"Well I'm sure whatever reason it is for, you deserve it. Now show yourself out, and don't touch anything."

"Grahhh. Tristyn will you please reason with him for me? I beg you. I'll do anything!" Ge dropped down to his knees, and crawled closer.

"Keep that foul thing away from me."

"Great," he said. He called over one of the waiters, and told him what they were having. "Oh. I got good news. I got a job offer to do an archeological dig on this group of islands near Australia. They were only recently discovered so they haven't got a name yet, and the archeologist there has already found proof that the island had inhabitance at one point." He smiled. "That's where our current shipment is coming from."

"How come it hasn't been on the news, if it's so great?" Psyche said. She kept to date with major, and minor events. So the fact that she hadn't heard about it yet made her suspicious.

Axel shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I think he just wants to avoid to much publicity is all."

"Hmmm. What's his name?"

"Jasper Gates."

"I've never heard about him."

"Neither have I. In fact I haven't, and won't be meeting him until after I leave for the islands...." He sighed looking away. He knew the next bit would be a little to much for at least Psyche. "Which will be in the next week...."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 AM

Tristyn was confused when he came out into the room and Labrys hid behind him. Then he understood when he saw who was standing in front of him. His eye narrowed into a glare. This was one guy he really hated.

Why couldn't this guy leave them alone? He wouldn't ever forgive him for what happened when they met. So why did he think they were going to help him? There was no way.

"No. I won't reason with him. I actually agree. You've done enough for us and none of it was very nice. So there is no way I would do anything for you." he told him.

Australia? Axel was leaving?! No! He couldn't do that! But, if this is what he wanted, then it wasn't Lowri's place to tell him to stay.

"That sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you have fun." she said, smiling at him and trying to keep the hurt out of her voice. She would be able to handle this. She just knew it. One way or another.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 10-09-2011, 05:24 AM

"Heh heh. Apart of the past," Fribiz half sung while outstretching his arms. He then brought them up placing his hands on his cheeks tilting his head to the side with a shifty grin.

"Like hell," Labrys said still keeping behind Tristyn.

Clearing his throat he dropped down his left, and put his right hand to his chin. "Well then maybe I can offer up a deal. I happen to know about your condition Labrys. Thanks to your brother you don't have much time left. Three months at most. Am I right?"

Labrys scowled at Fribiz. "Mind your business you conniving rat."

Fribiz strained himself trying not to lash out at him. He kept an unsteady grin. He needed to stay pleasant with them otherwise he was doomed. Maybe he couldn't convince Labrys, but perhaps he could win over Tristyn. "I know the cure."

"I've heard enough. There is no cure to this...." He trailed off touching his chest with his head bowed down. He sighed and left the room without another word.

"The cure is with Labrys's brother. He made it on the off chance that things were to backfire on him. His brother will come after me. You stick with me you'll meet with him, I'll be protected, and Labrys lives. You'll have to kill him of course, but Labrys hates his brother anyways, so what's the loss?" He came closer to Tristyn. "You'd do it for a friend wouldn't you?"

"No no no! It's not a great opportunity, it's an obvious scam! How can you be so ok with it Lowri?!" Psyche glared at Axel as she stood up pointing at him. "And you. How could you just out of the blue just decide to run off like that. I mean seriously you know nothing about the guy. He could be a killer for all you know."

Axel sighed. "Calm down Psyche please." He sighed again folding his arms. "It didn't just happen Psyche I've been preparing for something like this all my life. You know that."

"That's not what I meant...." She sat back down, and gazed off to the side. "I imagine you're going to be gone awhile. Are you planning on telling her before you leave."

"Wha...." He looked over to the Psyche, then after realizing what she meant gazed back at Lowri. He swallowed lowering his head, and pushing himself up from his seat. "Excuse me," he whispered before beginning to walk off.

"Yeah whatever...."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Tristyn was silent as Fribiz was speaking. A cure?! That would be great! But, it wasn't up to him to decide what they did. That was up to Labrys. He was the boss after all.

"It isn't me you have to convince. Its Labrys." he told him. Personally, if it would cure his friend, then he would do whatever it took. Even deal with this guy for a while. But it wasn't so he would do whatever Labrys wanted to do.

Lowri watched Axel stand and move to leave and her heart constricted painfully. She really didn't want for him to go anywhere. But if this wasn't a scam like Psyche thought, then it would be a great opportunity for him.

"Please stay, Axel." she said, her voice was quiet, but still just loud enough to be heard. She couldn't just sit here and watch him walk away. It made the pain so much worse and she couldn't handle it.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 10-09-2011, 10:57 PM

"Yes but...." He gazed out the door. "Labrys is stubborn, and prideful. I'm sure he wouldn't have even told you about his condition, if you hadn't found out for yourself." He smiled as he eased up closer to Tristyn. "Besides you wouldn't want him to die would you? Especially knowing that you could have done something to prevent it?" He trailed over to one of the operation panels. "Three months is actually being very generous. He'd honestly be lucky to live another month at the rate he's going" His tone was very casual, and he laced his fingers behind his back. "Shame such a shame. I know if it were my friend, I'd do whatever it take, even if that meant going against his wishes."

Labrys leaned back onto a wall with his head thrown back against it. He was afraid, yes he was very afraid of dying, but he wouldn't give himself false hope. There was no cure. Everywhere he had turned said there was no cure, and his brother was to sure of himself to even think he would make such a mistake as to allow himself to be bitten.

Why? Why do you continually persist on my death, and misery?

Because you make it so easy. Your birth gave me an eternal opponent in which I was destined to conquer. But winning isn't fun unless you play the game.

Labrys closed his eyes. "How are you feeling little brother?" he heard an all to familiar voice say, but when he opened his eyes no one was there.

"Tristyn. I think we should be going now. I have a feeling that our reason for being here has just arrived." He wouldn't risk Tristyn's safety. He didn't trust Fribiz, and he knew his brother all to well.

It took Axel a moment to realize what Lowri meant, then he lowered his head. "Lowri I... I can't. I might not have another opportunity like-" He was cut off by the sound of his phone ringing. He didn't hesitate to answer it. It was Andrew, and the package had arrived. Something wasn't right though. He hung up, and dialed back clicking off as it came to voicemail. "I need to head back over to the museum."

"What's up?"

"I don't know. Andrew's phone just cut off after he said something was moving in one of the boxes. He said it was making a hissing noise."

"Sound like... actually just on the off chance that something might be up, let me and Lowri come with as back up,"

"I don't know...."

"We can handle whatever, right Lowri?"

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 AM

Tristyn was torn. He wanted to help Labrys, but he also wanted to keep his trust. It was so conflicting. And since it really wasn't his choice, then it was up to his friend. That's why, when he spoke, he nodded.

"Alright. Let's get going. But first, what do you want to do about him?" he asked, gesturing to Fribiz. There was no way he was going to be allowed to just wander around their ship. So he would force him out if he had to. He wasn't sure how he got in here in the first place, after all.

Lowri's eyes dropped when Axel said he was going to go. But she nodded when Psyche spoke. "Yeah. We can handle it." she said. She looked at both of them.

"But what about our pizza? We just ordered, after all." The place wasn't going to be happy if they ordered something then just left without paying for it at least. And she was starving still. But she would deal if she had to.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 AM

[How does the Tempus sound? It's latin for time.]

Labrys looked over at Fribiz as he came into the room. He shrugged his shoulders. "Personally I'd throw him out the garbage shoot, but I'll leave that up to you." He twist a few knobs, and pulled a few handles, then left out motioning for Tristyn to follow after him. He'd be waiting outside the machine because he wanted little to do with the rat of a man.

Fribiz grinned. "I can see you have a lot of thinking to do Tristyn, but I'd like to add, what do you think Labrys would do if he were in your situation?" He shrunk down into his rat form and scurried away.

Axel rubbed the back of his neck. "I really don't want to put it off to long so how about I just leave the money for the pizza, and call you if anythings up? I'm guessing it's nothing, but I don't want to take any chances." He looked at his watch. "The pizza should be ready in fifteen minutes, should take me about as long to make it to the museum. So in thirty minutes, if you haven't heard back from me call."

"What if we can't get in contact with you?"

"Do what you think is best."

"Lowri what do you think?" Generally when Axel had bad feelings it was best to listen. So she was a bit worried. "I hope nothings happened to Andrew...."