Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2013, 06:14 AM

Intro Stuffs

I kinda don't wanna make this too fancy since I just have this for leaving. I was here in 2008 and I have some of the monthly and event items that I wanna trade for art. I was just gonna make an art request thread, but nobody came, so now there's a contest! Whee! Hopefully this will attract people! I just want people to enjoy the items that were rotting in my account and get some art. ( I love art! )

On to this stuff....

Fire and Ice

Touryu wears a dark fire crystal. He is able to manipulate flames at will and is shrouded in an aura of darkness.
Prize for Best Touryu: Calesco's Blaze
Entries:
Shiva
PrincessKasumi

Sayorafina wears a crystal of ice. She can use ice magic and channel ice through her sword.
Prize for Best Sayorafina: Waves of Naias
Entries:
Shiva
PrincessKasumi

Clash: Make them fight
They both each have one sword, one gun, their respective elements. Feel free to mix and match how they face off.
Prize for best Fire&Ice Fight: Calesco's Blaze & Waves of Naias (Yes, I have 2 of each)
Entries:

Light and Dark

Faiaven is a demon hunting light mage. (He wears a light crystal) He can cast spells of any element, but light is his specialty.
Prize for best Faiaven: Staff of Healing
Entries:
PrincessKasumi

Dariux is a demon blademaster. He manipulates black fire at will, but relies heavily on his swords.
Prize for best Dariux: Scepter of Chaos
Entries:
PrincessKasumi
Kat Dakuu

Clash: Make them fight
Demon Vs Demon slayer, Light Vs Dark, Spellcaster Vs Blademaster, make it happen.
Prize For Best Light&Dark Fight: Syne Battleaxe & Amorian Chakram
Entries:

Sweet, Silent and Scary!

Sakasia is the sweet little waitress with a dark past. She has a history of treachery and betrayal she claims not to remember.
Prize for best Sakasia: Phoenix Jubilee 2008 set (All 6 items)
Entries:
PrincessKasumi

Makaria is silent death waiting to happen. She's the beautiful ninja you don't suspect until it's too late.
Prize for best Makaria: Ninja's Arsenal
Entries:
PrincessKasumi

Andrea is just scary! She's a pirate slaver who summons/controls acid. Profit is nice, but she does it for fun.
Prize for best Andrea: Pirate's Booty
Entries:
Shiva
PrincessKasumi

~Frozen in time~

This avatar!
It won't change until after the contest is over. I've long since quit the site, and I'm only here for art requests and this contest until my account is empty. If you're feeling paranoid, there is a saved image here with all of my other avatars.
Prize for best avatar art: Celes Paradi 2008 set (all 6 items)
Entries:
GwenaHikari
PrincessKasumi

Bonus Category!
Couple Art: Touryu/Makaria
She drives off the loneliness he refuses to acknowledge. He is her strength to keep moving forward.
Prize for best Couple: Bleeding Hearts Belt, White Heartface Fox, Black Heartface Fox, Bleeding Hearts Fan

Contest starts: Now 10/22/13
Contest Ends: 02/22/14* long date is based on how quiet the site seems. I'd be happy to make it shorter if there's a fair amount of entries and those working on art don't mind.

Rules:
1. Only submit art that is your own. I'm an artist. Nothing makes me sadder than art theft.
2. You may only enter each category once, and you may enter all 10 categories. (but you can submit a revision to art you've already entered)
3. Each category must have at least 3 entries to be judged. (I'd like to say this, but it's not like I'm gonna keep the prizes. xD )
*More rules may happen, but I hope not.

Early Entry Prizes: While supplies last

Halloween 2007
Hallopop

Halloween 2008
Yumeh Bats (2) The Black Widow's Pin (1) Pumpkin Patch (1) Witch's Broom (1) Cloak of Death (1) A Night in the Graveyard (2)

Most likely reason to edit this post is adding entries.

Last edited by Nephila; 03-24-2015 at 12:02 AM..

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-22-2013, 10:32 AM

This sounds like fun! :D

Fai Avatar

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 10-22-2013 at 12:18 PM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-22-2013, 03:59 PM

Up for it but it makes me sad there needs to be 3 entries or more. Because I noticed half the contest on here don't reach their full potential. But who knows maybe all the required people will join between then. Now this probably won't happen BUT I want to do them all.

Edit: lol ooo you been on gaia

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 10-22-2013 at 04:03 PM..

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2013, 08:57 PM

I tried to make it fun and prizes that match the characters. As for three entries, it's to encourage more people to enter. Most artists have artists friends. So make them enter too. xD I did only make it three to be fair though since the site is pretty quiet.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 12:07 AM

:3 I shall do shameless advertising LOL

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 AM

@GwenaHikari: Your entry has been formally received.

@PrincessKasumi: Gaia was kinda my home. I'm an 06'er there. I was there before and after here. I mostly left there too. I'm on Syndrone now.

I'll try to advertise as much as my attention span allows. I have all three sites up in tabs right now. xD

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 01:48 AM

I used to be on Gaia. I was on there before I came here. I visit it on occasion but its been *calender pages flip by* too long lol

And yay, first entry! :D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 AM

your contest looks interesting. I may be able to do something before your contest ends....
But it's good you're already getting interest in it. Good for you.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 03:56 AM

Ah I see, I'm a '07 :) it was my internet home all the while I was in high school and I believe my first semester in college and then Mene became my home after I tried RP forums and other Avatar sites like Roliana and Solia or whatever it's called.

I have so much money on there, I feel so poor here XD. But in Gaia terms and because of the inflation I'm hearing about I'm poor over there too! Sad times sad times.

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 AM

@Kat Dakuu: Thanks for your interest!

Hmm... how to discourage procrastination...
/goes digging through inventory

Halloween 2007
Hallopop, Ghosty Kitties, Pumpkin Mask, Spooky Hairpin

Halloween 2008
Yumeh Bats (3) The Black Widow's Pin (2) Pumpkin Patch (2) Witch's Broom (2) Cloak of Death (2) A Night in the Graveyard (3)

Since the contest ends after the holidays, I was gonna do something different with the seasonal items anyway. The first 18 entries (cause that's how many Halloween items I have) get to pick an item as a prize for early entry. If you're entering more than one category, you do get that number of prizes. While supplies last and all that stuff.

GwenaHikari: Please select your prize for early entry. :)

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 AM

Ghosty Kitties sounds cute, so I pick that! (I'm a cat fan )

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 06:30 AM

I will die of surprise if you get more than five entries...just sayin'. You're way too optimistic.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 AM

Nothing wrong with optimism o.o

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 AM

@ Kat Dakuu: Counting the Celes Paradi set as the Crescent moon that you're questing, makes 4 category prizes that you are questing, and you're questing 3 of the early entry prizes. That could be 4 entries! :P

I was lurking the quest area to invite artists who might be questing the prizes.

@GwenaHikari: Your Entry Prize has been sent. :)

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 PM

nooo the ghost kitties D: lol

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 PM

I have more than a month backlog on just commissions. I'm only considering this contest because I want the scepter of chaos and I'm too cheap to buy it myself.
plus I think think these forums are too dead and it makes me cry that no one enters the contests. Average entries per contest that lasts more than 2 months is 0-3 entries.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 AM

Fai Avatar
Whew.. lol took me like 5-6 hours maybe more dunno <.< my program crashed on me once good thing I save alot though.

3 more categories to enter into :D .. trying to think of what to do lol

Edit: Can I has spooky hairpin nya? :3

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 AM

Aw, thats cute Princess K! :D

Shiva
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2013, 03:36 AM

Waah I'm so tempted to draw a few of these...but I have a bunch of older items rotting in my inventory as well...hmm

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenaHikari View Post
Aw, thats cute Princess K! :D
Thank you Gwen~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
Waah I'm so tempted to draw a few of these...but I have a bunch of older items rotting in my inventory as well...hmm
Shiva:
Do eet! You can not resist the drawing urge atleast not for long... soon it will devour you and you will be consumed with nothing art @_@

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2013, 11:15 AM

@Kat Dakuu: When you catch up, this contest will likely be here. I encourage being cheap. /nods I have two entries and a fair amount of interest in less than a week. I think this contest will be fine. :)

@PrincessKasumi: Your entry has been received. :)
Also your early entry prize has been sent.

@Shiva: Hoarding is a great thing if you're still active or might come back. :D
/whispers Enter a few.

Shiva
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2013, 11:03 PM

haha The thing is that I'm NOT at all active here anymore...well I never really was, as much as I like this place. (I'm too ADD with avatar sites..) I don't even know what most of the prizes ARE. xD But I'll draw a few anyway. Gaia is ticking me off and the other site I was on went down so maybe this should be my new home. C:

...I'll start at the top and work down I guess. I love the simple yet complex designs of these characters!! Easy to draw but with nice stories and such.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 PM

Wheeeeeeeeeeeew! :D Working my next entry right now. Think I can do one a day since I have nothing to do atm. College homework? PFFT who needs to do that when you have drawing to do?? LOL

Shiva
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2013, 01:31 AM

Ok, here's Touryu. :)

Hmm..who next...

Sayorafina I guess. lol

Last edited by Shiva; 10-25-2013 at 04:36 AM..

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 AM

@Shiva: Your two entries have been received.
You are eligible for two early entry prizes so far if there are some you might like. The rare item guide is here if you'd like to check out the items before selecting.
Gaia's ticking off a lot of people. It's why I'm on Syndrone now.

@PrincessKasumi: For as much as I like art, I can't be the bad influence. College is expensive. My contest does run a little while. :)