Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Axel blinked, refusing to let the troublemaker rouse him up and make him angry. His opponent (and quite a good portion of the crowd around them, watching the fight go down) might've thought it funny to provoke someone who was usually given a good amount of respect, but Gustavsson thought the contrary.

"So eager to get yourself thrown into an even lower class, are you?" He nearly snarled, catching himself at the last moment and forcing his words to come out normally, but his voice was strained. He was implying that Mischief's actions might just end him up in Lead House. "You could greet that brother-in-law of mine for me." Axel ignored his last comedic jab and sent a kick in the rascal's direction. He might've been a year older than Axel, but certainly didn't behave that way.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM

"As much as it'll pain you to hear it, I'm not terribly interested in getting in with your family, Gustavsson."

Rayner dodged back from Axel's leg and swung a fist toward the heir's face. The kick was a near miss, really. Rayner hadn't expected him to move as fast as he did, but at this point he didn't worry much about it. As the kicks and hits started to fly the men and women around them pushed in some more, constricting their fighting space and adding pressure to their conflict. Someone further back in the crowd waved some paper money above his head and shouted out for bets as if this fight were any old cock fight you could go and watch in the shadier parts of the city. How shameful it must have been if he noticed... if he even had a frame of reference for what the terms were that were being called out into the night air.

But Rayner wasn't going to just swing and wait for Axel to try another blow. He swung low, under his first arm, to make a jab at his stomach. Already the first few locks of his hair were falling out from the once neat pony-tail that was tied behind his head.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 AM

"Shame, then."

Axel switched tactics; the quick, dodgy tactics that Rayner used to fight didn't work well when Axel tried them out. He was much too large and muscular to swiftly jump from place to place all the while throwing punches and little kicks. Axel recovered from the last blow, smirked, and jerked his head in the direction of the man who was waving money above their heads and shouting out bets. "Don't worry, I'll give that to you once I finish with you." Axel charged towards Rayner, managing to catch him in time to pin him on the ground.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM

Something... something clearly went wrong. How else could he be here, pinned to the ground by Axel. Ne'r-do-wrong, upstanding, apple-of-the-city's-eye Axel. Rayner jerked around, trying to get up, but the muscle and hulk of the other boy kept him in his place. His cutting remarked wouldn't work at this point, neither would his quick jabs and footwork.

Rayner twisted his head to one side and growled in a low voice "I bet you're enjoying this, Gustavsson." He was suppose to win, not the Gold heir. He hadn't minded the idea of losing before because the point then was to make Gustavsson fight, but this wasn't a fight. He wasn't even a match for Axel apparently, and that was absolutely unacceptable. Rayner tried to kick Axel with his heel, as if that would do anything, but ended up missing all-together. He was beaten, and all too quickly.

"You've proved your point, Gustavsson. Get up."

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 07-13-2013, 04:15 PM

The large mechanical clock in the center of the Bronze Quarter struck midnight, followed a heartbeat later by the hand-rung bells of other quarters as they took their cues from Bronze's precision. The rare country visitors to Morshall often complained of the late-night cacophany, but residents always claimed they couldn't sleep without the bells tolling the hours.

Insulated by layer upon layer of thick granite walls, Crispin heard nothing in the organized clutter of his workroom except for the usual symphony of ticks and whirrs. Nothing, that is, until the watch in his pocket began to chime a soft melody. With great care he threaded the final screw into place and then set down his tools. Princess Cassandra's birthday gift from her father was complete, and it was undoubtedly a masterwork. Several masters' work, in fact.

House Gold's jewelers had created the case and setting, a fine platinum watchcase and chain set with diamonds and elegantly carved bezoar stones provided by House Silver to protect against poisons. When the case was opened it revealed a watch on one side and a tiny but perfect compass on the other, all Crispin's work-- although a Brass master had composed the watch's melody and made certain it was in perfect tune. And when the knob on the side was twisted just so at the same time as three buttons were pushed, the front of the case would snap outward with a blinding flash of light and a deafening shriek that should distract any would-be attacker long enough for the princess to get a head start. That last, of course, was courtesy of Houses Mercury and Copper. The entire piece was intended to be useful as well as beautiful, and allow Cassandra at least a tiny bit more of the freedom she craved so much.

Assembly now complete, Crispin sat back and removed his glasses and oculars, then rubbed his face with both hands, noting the faint rasp of stubble under his palms. Must have my valet attend to that in the morning... but at least I'll sleep well tonight with this done. He smiled at the platinum blur against the black velvet and put his glasses on as he stood. I should take a note by the palace to let the Emperor know it's complete. It's out of the way, but I won't have it on my mind, and the weather was supposed to be nice tonight...

Decision made, he rolled down his sleeves and put on a jacket, striking out for Platinum Quarter in the clear, calm night. Well... clear and calm until he reached Silver Quarter and saw two House Scions rolling around in the street. Outrage took over and Bronze's Heir found himself wading into the fray and pulling one combatant off the other before he could think. "Rayner! Axel! What do you think you're doing?"

The crowd swirled a little, some eager for the new show and some disappointed by the interruption. Crispin found himself the center of attention as his initial outburst of irritation drained away, and he cringed inwardly. They're all looking at me... this is why you should think before you act, idiot! Mustering his courage, he continued to scold the two. "What would your parents say about the two of you brawling in the streets like a pair of mudlarks fighting over a choice bit of rubbish?"

DeWitt549

Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 AM

The Apprentice and the Clockworked Man named Gibbs, Theos Gibbs

The night was mildly illuminated from a waxing moon and it had a small chill to the air. Inside the Bronze Warehouse an apprentice was making his way down to the basement hoping to find something to fix that will make him finally reach his journeyman license.The young boy was wanting to find something interesting and the basement stretched on for miles. It was filled with dust, as well as cobwebs everywhere. The sound of scurrying feet could be heard from some mouse in the distance. He made his way to the back of the basement where things were left and forgotten. In the back there were old wooden crates, rusted metals and other pieces of junk. The young apprentice picked up things that could be of any use and moved past the boxes. He looked around for more things and found something interesting. Below one of the boxes was a old wooden trap door. There was not much of a lock on it as it has been rusting for a long time and the box was just a small thing to hide it. "There must be something rather interesting down there," the young man muttered to himself. With glee he pushed the box out of the way and pulled up the latch on the door.Dust filled the corner of the room where the young apprentice was at. Coughing from the flying debris, he looked downward and saw a stone stair well leading downward. With anticipation he walked down the stairs eagerly waiting to see his next project. If it was down here, then it must be good.

At the bottom of the stairwell, the apprentice was astonished to see the sight that beheld him. There was what appeared to be a humanoid figure sitting on an old wooden chair. His body was hunched over facing toward the ground and engraved on him were the words Theos Gibbs. He was an old human sized clockwork figure made out of mostly wood and some metal. His paint that made him look somewhat human has long since faded. On the back was a large wind up key and on the inside was gears and a heart made of pure gold. The apprentice danced with delight and quickly ran to his next project. "With this I can become a master just like Crispin," the boy thought to himself.

The figure or clockwork doll was indeed old, but was mostly intact. There was what appears to have been a place for a gear that has long since gone missing, however that was no trouble to repair with the spare parts he had on hand. Within a few moments the clockworked figure was restored, now all that remain was to wind him up.

One...Two...Three times the key was turned around and with a sudden jolt the old figure came to life and started searching around the room. The sudden jolt startled the young apprentice, but he was successful with his restoration and was on his way to get his next license. Yet something was wrong, the figure started talking, and there hasnt been a humanoid that could talk as humanly as it did. "Sir, where is my sister? Can you please tell me?" the figure asked.

The clockwork figure slowly stood up gears grinding and tickings and tockings could be heard echoing throughout the basement. The apprentice was struck with awe as an old figure had came to life before him, this would be the biggest uproar throughout the town. Again the figure asked for his sister but the apprentice could say nothing. "I must go find her" was what he said as the life sized doll took off up the stairs.

It was but a few seconds that he realized his prized project just got up, spoke and then ran off. He grabbed his gear and ran off for the thing as well, but it was too late as the entire Bronze Warehouse was in an uproar as the doll ran outside. Everyone was after it now.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

The apprentice was panting from all the running, he messed up and needed help. The only one who could help him was Crispin. It was not long before he found him at the bar.

"Lord Crispin, I found something in the basement and it is running around town, I need your help!" Cries and screams could be heard even over the rowdiness of the bar.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Screams and outcrys were heard as the Doll named Gibbs was running through the street. Music was the thing that came to his mind as he thought of his sister and the strange world he was in. Tuning his ears he went out heading for the nearest place he could find music, the Silver side of town. The one thing he could only think about was his sister, he remembered her clearly and was worried sick. There was nothing that could stop him, that was until he ran across a body that was thrown out into the street.

It was not long until Crispin and the apprentice arrived to see in horror, a wooden doll holding a woman close to him rocking her back and forward in his arms. Gibbs looked up at the people infront of him and asked, "Sir, help me. Her heart it stopped ticking. Please sir, tell me what to do it isn't ticking anymore. What do I do? What do I......" With that last syllable the doll winded down and while going limp and holding a dead woman in his arms, a single tear of oil dripped from his automatonic eye.

Last edited by DeWitt549; 07-16-2013 at 06:04 AM..