Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-15-2015, 10:52 PM

Yea I was wondering. See when I was during chores today. I end up dropping a vacuum container on my big toe while trying to get it out from its storage place. It felt right on it. It hurt like hell now its very bruise and swolling It hurts when I touch it...of course it didn't help much when I drop my purse on it. I probably have broken it. So any advice for it would work?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-15-2015, 10:54 PM

Unfortunately, and I truely mean it, there is very little you can do for hurt toes, and they are so incredibly easy to break that I wouldn't doubt it. Only thing you really can do is just give it time to heal and stay off it as much as possible.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-15-2015, 10:58 PM

Yea...I figure as much. I had to asked anyway. I never had anything broken before so this would be my first. Even if it is a toe lol. *sighs*

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-16-2015, 07:53 AM

Ice can help the swelling sometimes, that and Ibuprofen.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-18-2015, 07:52 PM

I think I broke my toe about a year ago. Didn't go to the doctor, as I was told that there was nothing a doctor could do aside from tell me to take painkiller and stay off my feet.

So if it's swollen, yes, put ice on it. Not for too long, and not directly (wrap it in a cloth). It can help the pain a lot if you keep it marginally elevated - sit up in bed or across a couch and put a couple pillows under your foot. It doesn't sound like it would help, I was skeptical, but it really does make a big difference.

Aleve is more effective than other painkillers, but don't take it regularly for more than about a week.

Stay off your feet as much as you possibly can. If you have a job and it doesn't involve much sitting, considering calling in for a couple days until it's feeling a bit better. If you need a doctor's note and can't afford a regular doctor's visit, look up some low-cost clinics in your area - many scale their costs based on your income.

Don't push it, either. If you're starting to feel a little better, don't immediately resume your normal activities - if you're no longer walking carefully, you could easily reinjure yourself and set yourself back another week. No shame in hobbling!

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM

theres really nothing you can do about a hurt toe rather then just resting, stay off your feet for a day or two.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-14-2015, 04:45 PM

I hope your toe is better!
I dropped a log on my big toe, about 2 years ago, while gathering firewood to sell...
It hurt something fierce!....but, being a sufferer of Fibromyalgia, I kinda just ignored the pain in my toe like I try to do with my daily pain...
Now, 2 years later, I have discovered that the very end of that toe is numb...can't feel anything but pain when I stub that toe on furniture and such (which happens far too often!)
I asked my doc about it and she was kinda stumped....thinking it may be a symptom of pre-diabetes....but I think that dropping that log on my toe did some nerve damage.
Now, on occasion, I get some severe "ghost pains" in that toe!
Ouchies!