Slide
Music soothes the savage beast ;...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 PM

Yeah, they made a newer version of the Looney tunes! Same characters ofcourse with the addition of Tina. I for one think the show hilarious. I love the thought of them living in a modern city! Though when I check out some stuff of Youtube, alot of people don't like it because either they think "Oh! What happened to my memories!?" or "WHAT DID THEY DO TO LOLA?!!?". I mean, I've seen the classic Looney Tunes on The Bugs Bunny and Tweety show (Foghorn Leghorn is my absolute FAVORITE by the way) and Space Jam and all the other spin offs and I just think the Looney Tunes show didn't really harm the classics in any way! It's not as awesome as the oldies, but it's pretty dang close in my opinion.

Oh, and about the character change to Lola, I think it was good move. The Lola in Space Jam was so boring-- and kind of Mary Sue-ish.

ZoSo_Fanatic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 AM

It didn't harm the classics, but I think it is not nearly as good. One thing that annoyed me is that they don't have the ridiculous cartoon violence, antics, and physics. Also, they did change Lola drastically. She was the target of Bug' affection and now she's obsessed with Bugs. That's just wrong.. I don't care for it in the least.

Slide

Old 09-23-2011, 12:48 AM

I liked the change, her personality never fails to make me laugh. Though the Double Date episode might have shown some mutual interest between the two. I think they changed the character because the Space Jam version of here probably wouldn't be appropriate for children and isn't nearly as flawed as the othe rcharacters. Her flaws make her more deep of a character, and if she was still the same as before, she probably wouldn't appear as much.

Last edited by Slide; 09-23-2011 at 12:53 AM..

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-23-2011, 05:19 PM

I use to watch it back in the days when I was little, I didn't know they still had them going on. Ah, I did some research and they made a new season, is it now? I really want to watch it, I saw on cartoon network a preview of Lola driving and she's quite nuts. ^^; Also Bugs Bunny isn't as good as he was in the Loooney Tunes era.

Slide

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Yeah, Bugs is a little more of a 'smart-alic type' . I think the cartoon violence wasn't there because you usually wouldn't see that in a city environment while in the Bugs Bunny and Tweety show, (excluding the Silvester and Tweety bits) it usually wouldn't be in the city. Anvils and other 'ACME' products would be out of place in the city, I bet that's why they still have the Road Runner bits at the end of each episode.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-24-2011, 06:27 AM

Slide: I'm actually disappointed in most things but I'm content with it overall. ^^; I'm kind of disappointed in Daffy's new-ish side to him. I've only seen episode 12 and 13 and I love when Bug stated he was Lola gf, she recorded and replayed it, hilarious. :D I know someone on youtube have episode 12 to like 15, I think. ^^; I like it but I wish I saw episode 1. Also do you remember the baby one? When they were babies? I miss that. D;

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 09-24-2011, 02:57 PM

I quite like this new take on Looney Tunes, except for Lola.

I hate the new Lola. I loved the old Lola. She was spunky and tough and she stood on her own two feet. Now she's just plain crazy. *sigh* other than that, I love it. The story lines, the art. The Merry Melodies are great!

Abduco
I don't know what I'm doing
Send a message via AIM to Abduco

Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 AM

I looooove Lola now. Even when I was younger, I found her really boring and not really looney-ish at all in Space Jam.
She makes the show for me, haha.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-26-2011, 03:07 PM

It doesn't have the same charm as the old shows. They changed everyone's character. The voice acting also seems half assed. O.o I love Lola's character in the show. She's crazy. XD I do prefer Lola from Space Jam though.

I'm not a huge fan of the show but as it is, it's okay. The old Looney Tunes with the old fashion cartoon violence is a lot better in my opinion.

YamiSora
~

Old 10-01-2011, 02:28 AM

EW EW EW EW! as a film/Animation major, Sora is horrified by this show! The voices really get Sora the most because nobody can ever beat Mel Blanc!!!! HUMPH!