Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 PM

*adjusts beehive*

All right fun-nuts, let's get down to brass tacks!
This is Menewsha, where all your dreams come true. And here, these dreams are made of pixels. Yes, my lovlies, I'm talkin about items. Items are the life blood of the site and everybody wants them. But what is one to do when one finds their pocketbook a little light?

That's when we get questin!

Here I will explain the in and outs of the quest forum, the rules, tips on makin your own quest thread and even how to make gold.

So all you hooligans pay attention!

Last edited by Channah; 09-08-2017 at 12:28 AM..

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 AM

Now what exactly is the Quest Forum for, you ask. Well the purpose of your Quest thread will be to list and organize your progress in obtaining items or gold.

Here are some do's and don'ts for the Quest Forum.
Do do the dos and don't do the don'ts, so I don't have to hurt you.

ONE THREAD PER PERSON

When makin your Quest thread, you can do so on your own, or you can team up with a buddy to make a joint thread.

The Quest forum has a one thread per person rule. That's right, only one. And this includes any joint threads you might have made with someone else.

Don't go around creating multiple quest threads. That's just messy. In certain cases, you might be allowed to make a new thread. One example is no longer wanting to be part of a joint thread, and wishin to make one of your own. --- But all decisions are at staff discretion. Listen to em, they know what they're doin.

If you feel like you're in need of somethin different, try changing up your current thread. Alter the layout and make it pretty to suit your needs. --- And if you don't think you have enough reserved posts, contact an online moderator and they'll be happy to free some up for you.

You must contact a moderator before makin a new thread, meaning you already have a Quest thread and want to create another. However, be sure to wait for a response saying that you are allowed to make the new thread. If you go ahead and create another without the okay, you will be required to use the old thread. --- And I might just have to bop you on the noggin.

If the staff doesn't think you have a valid enough reason, then you will not be able to make a new thread.

And sorry kids, but no making threads for other people. If you want to help a friend with their quest, a section of your own thread can be added just as easily.

Concerning Charites

Starting a quest thread to help fund the creation of a charity is also a no go. It's not allowed. That's because someone might be pretending to start a future charity, when in fact they have no intentions of actually carrying out such a thing. There are some shady folks out in the world.

However, if you do own a legitimate charity, you may free up some space in your thread to help quest for the charity. You are not allowed to make a secondary thread for it.

BEGGING
Your quest thread is the place to list and organize all your goals. You are not allowed to beg for items or gold.

For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggy Hill
HI!!!! im new! could u pleze donate to me?! i'll take nything you dont want! PLEZE!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Beggins
I would really love some socks! Please! I will love you forever!
When startin up your quest thread, be sure to have a specific goal in mind. Vague or random threads serve no purpose.

For Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored Brian
Hey guyz! I want itemz! Just not sure what. Wish me luck!
None of these kinda threads are allowed. Do so and you might find your thread locked, moved to the trash and you just may receive a reminder from a moderator.

BUMPING, SPAMMING, REPEAT POSTING
As with all over Menewsha, bumping, spamming and repeat posting are deadly sins and not allowed. These posts may be deleted, which will negatively affect your gold count, and you may receive a reminder from a moderator.

Bumping Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bumper
BUMP!
Spam Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamela Anderson
BUTTERFINGERS! Taste so good! My dog loves me!!! WABBA WABBA WABBA!!! --- I don't know you but I has some gold now! ^.^
Repeat posting is the copy pasting of one message into multiple threads. Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeating Pete
[First Thread]
Hey there! Good luck with your quest!
Quote:
[Second Thread]
Quote:
[ThirdThread]

OFFSITE TRADING
Offsite trading is the selling of Menewshan gold or items for real life money, or in exchange for currency or items from another web site. This includes selling your account. Offsite trading is a BANNABLE OFFENSE.
Just ain't worth it.

And remember to follow all of Menewsha's rules and T.o.S..

Keep these in mind, and I won't have to whack you with my purse. *cackles*

Last edited by Channah; 09-08-2017 at 12:28 AM..

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 05-09-2014, 07:56 AM

OK, so now you know the rules, but do you know how to go about makin a Quest thread? Sure you could take all that info and jam it into one post, but who wants to mess around with that kinda clutter? Well fear not, my lovelies, it's a good thing you have ol' Channah here with all her years of experience. (But not as many years as some you smartasses might be thinkin.)

Now it's entirely up to you how you format your thread. You can jazz that baby up any way your precious heart desires. But I'll impart unto you some tried and true methods.

It's a fact that threads that are well organized are more invitin and pleasing to the eyes. Many of our users like to break up their info into different posts. These may include:

An Introductory Post: Introduce yourself and tell the world what your thread is about.

A Biographical Post: Share some tasty tidbits about you, let the Quest Forum know who you are.

Questing Post(s): If you're questin gold, state how much you hope to someday obtain. --- If it's items you seek, list them out. You can use as many posts as you like and order them however you please. One post for commons. One for rares. Maybe you'd rather divide them by color. It's your call.

Mule Quests: Do you have a mule account? Think they might likes some shinies too?

Completed Quests Post: Celebrate your victories by showin off your spoils and thanking those who may have helped you along the way.

Links Post: Know anyone with their own quests? Add a link to their thread and they just might do the same for you.

These are just a few examples of what your Quest thread might contain., but the content is ultimately up to you. --- When creating your thread, be sure to reserve as many posts as you think you'll need. To keep one post from merging into another, check the 'Override double post' box in your post options.

If you have a particularly busy signature, it may be good to uncheck the 'Show your signature' option too.

And don't be afraid to pretty your thread up with images and decorations. Create banners for your posts, give em a little pizzazz! Add accompanying pictures to the items you're questing. You can find these in the Shops or the Marketplace.

And for additional tips on how to make a thread like a pro, check out the Coding Guide. It's a wealth of knowledge.

Making sure your wording is concise and your quests understandable is a good idea. Use a spell checker if you aren't too comfortable with your writing. Nothing's sexier than a good speller.

There's only one way to guarantee that your Quest thread will stay at the top of the page, and that's by bein sociable. In addition to housing all your quests, your thread is also a great place to chat with your friends. By simply being a good host, you'll ensure your thread's longevity.

Last edited by Channah; 05-11-2014 at 11:17 AM..

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 05-11-2014, 09:47 AM

As in life, with effort comes reward. But don't fret, kiddos. Earning gold isn't hard, but it does take some work and enterprise. Here I will teach you some surefire methods to rakin in the shiny stuff. So listen up!

By far the easiest way to make gold is to post. Menewsha is, after all, a forum site. And our forums cover a wide range of interests and topics.

The General discussion Forum is a chatter's delight. Conversation is key here.

Do you enjoy delving into fantasy worlds, futuristic utopias or just the ins and outs of everyday life? Then the Roleplaying Forum may be your cuppa tea.

Is there locked inside you the next Walt Whitman, William Shakespeare or Dr. Seuss? Show us your talents in the Literature Forum.

These are just a few of what Menewsha has to offer. Earning may seem slow at first, but stick with it and you'll be gobsmacked by how quickly your gold will grow.

How are you with a pencil, brush or tablet, Picasso? Those with artistic inclinations may find gold earning opportunities in the Art Shops Forum and its subforums.

Are you a gamer? I've never understood all those blips and bloops myself, but Menewshans can earn up to 250 gold per day playing in our Games Arcade. And with 10 games to choose from, there's somethin for everyone.

Everyone here at Menewsha strives to bring you the best experience we can, and we do so with the help of your donations. For every $2.50 US spent, you receive 250 Mennies. Mennies are a unique currency used to buy special goodies called Contribution Items, or CIs, which cannot be purchased in the normal shops.

Mennies can't be sold or traded, but CIs can be sold either in the Menewsha Exchange Forum or in the Marketplace and are guaranteed to bring you a tidy sum. Also, CIs are a great investment.

Mennies can be purchased here, and CIs over here.

For an in depth look at makin moolah, hop on over to the Gold Earning Guide.

See you whippersnappers again!

Last edited by Channah; 09-01-2017 at 12:28 PM..