Darkness24

Old 04-19-2015, 03:35 PM

Is anyone excited for The Avengers Age of Ultron???
I am and not at the same time

Menelaus
Spartan Warrior Extraordinairé

Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 PM

lol, a little bit. I need it for my dvd collection (of course I've got them all). that, and I want to see if they've got Thanos even half right. they seem to be getting the villains spot on in Marvel movies (forget about Bullseye, he's in the past now. and I'm not even considering Dr Doom, he is my biggest Marvel movie disappointment to date) look at Loki, Whiplash, Rocket Raccoon. yes, he is a villain, even if he did help to save the day, he's a thief by trade and thief means villain (alright, I'll settle for anti-hero, sheesh! I blame Remy Etienne LeBeau for this). Ultron should be fun too, though I'm still disappointed that Stark created him, and not Hank Pym. guess ol Ant Man/Giant Man/Goliath/Yellow Jacket/Pym is going a different route (now Ant Man, that's a movie I need to see) I'm not really expecting much from the heroes in this upcoming instalment of the Avengers, they've already disappointed me time and again, especially Captain A. he can't fight and since when does he willingly use guns? I didn't see a Flag Smasher anywhere. Iron Man's mediocre at best, I think they're running out of ways to peel Downey Jr out of that tin suit of his, though I suppose the Hulk Buster suit's worth a quick look. Thor is not nearly half the wrathful thunder god that I grew up with, and, by Fafnir's bones, his voice isn't nearly as booming as I'd imagined it would be. Jarvis is a droid? no comment. Hawkeye? an agent of Shield? what ever happened to Trickshot's cocksure circus protege? Guess he got lost when Bobbi Morse forgot to be Mockingbird. The Black Widow, I don't usually like Johansson (weeeell, she was kinda good in Lucy, but I hated the ending, so bleh) but she does play a convincing Natasha Romanov. not too sure how well her performance would hold up in a solo endeavour though, maybe poorly. now, the Hulk, that guy I could watch all day. the actor they use never matters, much (Eric Banner, how could you!?) mainly because of the cgi aspect, so I suppose his greatness is brought to us by a whole team of pixel pushing eggheads. hmmn, perhaps he shouldn't count by default? but then I'd lose Thanos too, so the Hulk's in. I need to see a convincing Black Panther, and not some mediocre Blacksploitation gimmick. he's one of the most pivotal characters in the Marvel universe, even influencing things like Wolverine's adamantium claws and Caparino's indestructible star spangled shield (which should be a pure form of adamantiun, not vibranium. guess the Xmen franchise won the dice toss) so they better do ol T'challa proud while I'm still disappointed with Sam Wilson. I thought that bird could fly but they totally clipped the Falcon's wings. I hope to see the Vision, atleast in the aftermath, but I suppose that'll mean an appearance from Simon 'Boring' Williams and his constant whining about dying. lol, that'll teach him to steal Wonder Woman's name ��

Last edited by Menelaus; 04-19-2015 at 06:20 PM..

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 04-22-2015, 11:53 PM

Yeah, i'm excited. The MCU is getting rather interesting with the Netflix shows, Agents of SHIELD, and Phase 3 on the horizon.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:36 AM