Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-18-2015, 02:33 AM

"Awesome!!!" Tristian exclaimed, smiling widely. He went back to his jacket and reached into one of the pockets, pulling out of a business card, "Here's the address of my studio. You'll need to come by within the next week, but I'll give you time to wrap things up with Yasu however you see fit. But I want to get you into fittings for my line that's set to debut within the next month, so we're gonna be in a bit of a rush. But it'll be amazing!" After handing his card to Ren, he slipped his jacket back on and turned to look in the mirror, checking to make sure everything was in place, including his hair. Satisfied he turned back to Ren with a truly bright grin on his face, "Seriously, you won't regret this, I promise!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-18-2015, 03:21 AM

Ren took the card in silence. Even if he wanted to speak, he didn't think he could. Tristian never gave him enough space for it. That was one reason he found it easier to stay silence--most people could carry on a conversation fine without him ever giving input. For a second, he stared at the card, then slipped it into one of his pockets to be dealt with later. He didn't bother attending to his appearance besides making sure all of his clothes were on. "Alright," he murmured with a simple nod instead of any kind of promise to be there himself. He wouldn't go that far. He mumbled another few words to excuse himself, then slipped past and out the door, ignoring the ruffle in his hair from taking his shirt on and off.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-18-2015, 03:43 AM

Tristian followed Ren out of the restroom, grinning and feeling quite proud of himself for a mission accomplished. While he didn't necessarily sway Ren with superior artsmanship, at least he had succeeded in hiring the other model. He was certain everything else could come later. After all, Tristian was persistent, if he couldn't win Ren over with sheer talent; he'd win him over with sheer stubbornness. After exiting the restroom, he drift away from Ren and headed around looking for a few other designers to talk to, checking in on what they were doing and what they were currently designing, just the normal mingling expected from an event like this.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-18-2015, 04:28 AM

Ren bypassed the wine he'd been thinking about and instead wandered through the crowds. He looked aimless, but in fact had a mission and never stayed in a single spot or mingled even when other models tried to call him over. Since he wasn't yet the face of Yasu's line--or ever would be, it seemed--not too many others singled him out to speak with. After a couple minutes, he completed his mission.

"Ren!" Yasu jumped as the young model came up right in front of him, interrupting a conversation with some small time celebrity Ren didn't know. Though even if they were a big shot, he still wouldn't know them. "You disappeared so suddenly before. What have you been doing?"

Ren stared right into the other man's eyes, not blinking in that way of his that left others unsettled. "I've decided to quit. Someone offered me a better deal. Good bye," he stated before turning on his heel and walking away again.

"W-what?! Ren! Hey you..." Yasu stammered after him as the other's close enough to hear let out their own squeals at the gossip. Ren never turned and went backstage to change out of Yasu's clothes. He felt no point in staying at this useless function anymore. After all, he was no longer Yasu's. Backstage as he was, he couldn't see the designer's face shift from confusion. He never thought about his words or their impact, simply moved on like he always did.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-18-2015, 04:44 AM

A few days later, Tristian was at his studio going on hour thirty of working on his designs, his last break having been several hours ago when his assistant had practically spoon fed him a meal and made sure he drank a couple bottles of water. He and his work room were in a complete state of disarray. Fabric was everywhere, including a few smaller pieces that had somehow ended up glued to his skin. His hair was in a ponytail but just barely, more strands of it falling out of the hairtie than staying within it. There were some serious bags under his eyes as well, but his attention was only on his designs.

A flurry of paper and fabric, almost non-stop since he met Ren. He put it down to excitement that he finally found a model who would match his talent and really make his designs shine, not really contemplating any other cause. He wanted to have something ready to put on Ren when he did stop by the studio, so he'd been working to adjust existing designs to what he estimated Ren's size to be, and maybe coming up with a few new pieces to try as well. Everything he was currently working on focused in on just that one person.

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 12-18-2015 at 09:07 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-18-2015, 09:38 PM

Ren woke with a bleary blink of his eyes, the sun already high in the sky. He stared at the window, for a minute not moving. Since the fashion show, he let a few days pass because he was never much in a rush without strict timelines. He would just do things whenever. Tristian's card sat on his bedside table though and since he already settled things with Yasu, he decided to deal with his new job. After a long shower and a quick breakfast of protein shake, he headed out, wearing his usual fare of black tank top and black stressed jeans. His hair he left in a mess, only taming with his fingers as he drove.

When he reached the studio, Ren stared at it with a blank expression before finally knocking on the door. Then he waited without a hurry in the world.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-18-2015, 09:55 PM

At the knock on the door, Tristian startled, pricking himself in the finger with the needle he'd been using to hand sew a piece together. Sucking his now throbbing finger, he hurried to the door and pulled it open quickly. His eyes widen and his face lit up with a grin when he saw Ren standing there.

"Ren!" he exclaimed excitedly, immediately grabbing the model's arm and yanking him into the studio. "You don't have to knock, this isn't my home, just where I work. But man am I glad to see you!" He'd been hoping the model would show up everyday since he met him, so it was great he finally had dropped by. "Come on! I want to show you what I've been working on. I've got so many new designs, just made for you!" With that, he pushed the model towards his workroom, not even bothering to worry about the disarray. Once Ren was in the room, he looked around considering the pieces and which ones could be tried on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-19-2015, 12:40 AM

Seconds passed before the door flung open. Ren started at the suddenness and was dragged inside before he could recover. "Kay..." he mumbled, not sure what else to say. Tristian just went on and on and it made him want to not say anything at all. The studio looked like a mess. A bit spacious, but cramped none the less because of the haphazard clutter of projects. It seemed to perfectly match Tristian who looked manic himself, even his hair in disarray. Not that Ren normally paid attention to such things. Even Yasu could get like that at times, though he preferred not to show such sides to people unattached to his life and Ren was attached to no one's life. "What do you need me to do?" he finally asked once they were inside and Tristian got lost in his own designer world.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-19-2015, 08:14 PM

Tristian considered the several clothing items in front of him before nodding and picking up a stack. "These are already completed stuff that I had done before, I tried to modify some of it to fit you so lets start there and I can get an idea of what to make. Then, I'll need to take your actual measurements, but I want you to try some stuff on first." In the stack of clothes, he presented to Ren were two button up shirt, including one of his see through designs, and two pairs of pants. "The dressing room is over there," he said, pointing in the right direction, "Put the non-see through button up with the leather pants."

(outfits are 1,5, 9, and 10 in the links)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-19-2015, 10:55 PM

Ren took the clothes with a nod, glancing down at them briefly. But it didn't really matter what sort of things Tristian wanted him to wear. He'd try on the outfits regardless. Without saying anything, he found his way to the dressing room and started with the outfit on top, matching the lacy button up with its pants. The fit wasn't perfect, feeling snug around his broader shoulders and loose against his stomach, but it was close. He blinked in the mirror, thinking some sort of statue blinked back. No, what he was was a model. Returning to the work space, Ren stood in front of Tristian for him to see. "Done."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-21-2015, 02:59 AM

Tristian circled Ren considering the looking and immediately started pulling pins out of the pincushion strapped to his wrist, marking the places that needed to be altered so the shirt and pants would fit perfectly. After all, it'd be a crime to send a model down the runway in clothes that didn't look completely tailored for their bodies. "So tell me a bit about yourself?" he asked, wanting to try and get to know his models. He liked to be informed on their lives; it just seemed polite. "I mean I've already gathered you pretty much don't talk, but there's gotta be more to it than that. And talking while pinning is hard." With that his focus turned back to the task at hand with a completely singularity, refusing to mess up just to fill the space with talking.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2015, 05:17 AM

Ren held still, already quite used to this kind of activity. He started to drift off into his usual space when Tristian asked him a direct question, pulling his attention back again. "Hm?" he hummed in question, at first a little confused at the request. Most people gave up quickly at chatting with him during these kinds of sessions. He rarely gave anything, but at least for now, he considered trying. And yet, nothing came to mind. "Does it matter? I...don't have much to say about myself." He ended with a sigh, once again turning his eyes to a far corner by the ceiling. It wasn't that he attempted to hide anything, but that without direct questions and easy answers, he never could come up with anything to say. I asked to hold a conversation by himself, the conversation wouldn't happen at all whether he tried or not, so why try?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-21-2015, 06:31 AM

Tristian suppressed a groan, though he was still focused mostly on the fitting process, "You don't have anything interesting about yourself. Anything to tell? How can that be?" it seemed impossible to Tristian. He always had something to say about himself, even if it was needless fluff. It was something to say. "Like what were you doing before Yasu snapped you up and you ended up in this crazy world? What did you want to do? Did you go to college?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2015, 07:21 PM

Ren stayed perfectly still, but that was easier when farthest in the depths of his mind. Tristian seemed intent on not letting him go there though. He shifted slightly, just a small twitch of the muscles. "School? No. I modeled a little in high school. Nothing special. Then I was a street model until Yasu." He supposed he enjoyed modeling. It wasn't something he went out of his way to do with his life, but it happened and he stayed with it. "It was something one of my classmates did so I decided to do it as well," he finally explained after another pause. It was as simple as that.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-21-2015, 09:16 PM

Tristian smiled slightly to himself, at least Ren did actually answer when presented direct question, even if getting anything out of him looked like you were pulling the other's teeth. Not that he wasn't gonna keep asking. Now it was just like a challenge. He'd get Ren to open up to him willingly, even if it killed him. "Well see there's something, and that wasn't so hard, right?" he asked, directing a smile at Ren. "Though it seems kinda strange. Do you ever just do anything for yourself, or are you just letting life carry you along?" Because everything Tristian had seen or heard thus far seemed that Ren just went with whatever flow seemed easiest. That seemed a sad way to live to Tristian, who was used to fighting for everything he got. "Either way, I'm done with this outfit, go change in the other one. You should know to be careful of the pins."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2015, 10:04 PM

Ren's eyes focused completely on Tristian. Do things for himself? Didn't he? And yet...he shook the thought away, not wanting to dwell on it. Already, he felt his lips dip slightly into a frown though. "Who knows," he whispered without care if the other man heard him or not. Once he'd finished with the pins, Ren turned away with a hum in response. He didn't look back, didn't try to continue the conversation. He just retreated to the dressing room where he carefully removed the clothes and changed into the other outfit with a much quicker pace than before. A minute later, he returned to Tristian's side.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-25-2015, 03:55 AM

Tristian pouted after Ren, disappointed that the other didn't seem to want to talk to him. Wasn't he interesting? Wasn't there things to talk about? Did Ren even have friends? Tristian almost couldn't imagine it with the way the other behaved. How do you make friends when you won't even hold a proper conversation? He frowned deeper in thought at that, not willing to think anyone could live like that and be happy. Something in his heart clenched at just trying to imagine it, and he shook his head. When Ren stepped back out of the dressing room, he smiled widely again, and immediately went back to work. "You know, I really do like to be something of friends with my models. It makes the working relationship better if I can trust you, and you can trust me. I just want you to know. I'm not gonna ever yell at you over stupid things that our out of your control. And if you ever have any concerns about anything, really, please tell me. I'd rather know if I'm making you uncomfortable or if you think something is going to go poorly than have you silently suffer. So yeah..." he finished, keeping the smile on his face, as he talked cheerily. Figuring if Ren wasn't gonna talk, he could at least fill the space.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-25-2015, 05:46 PM

Ren blinked slowly, turning his gaze down to look at the other man in surprise. Though surprise on his face only came out as a slight look of aliveness. It took too much to change his face completely and it wasn't even that he wouldn't. It just didn't come naturally in the first place. Friends? Why would Tristian want to be friends with him, even if he said it was for the sake of their business relationship? Such reasoning escaped Ren. He cleared his throat, trying to keep his normal placidness about him. "I...don't need it," he managed, sounding only a little affected. "And I don't get uncomfortable easy, so it's okay." So far, nothing in this business bothered him besides being stuck in too warm of clothes, but that was the business also. It was his job to look beautiful in the end.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-28-2015, 09:40 PM

Tristian groaned, but managed to suppress before he turned to look Ren straight in the face, maybe closer than normal, but he could say it was because he was looking for areas to pin. "I don't think you understand. It doesn't matter whether you think you need it or not. This is how I work with me brand," he said all of this with a bright smile on his face, tone cheerful. "Once you'll meet the other models you'll see. It works better. I guarantee you." He paused, searching Ren's face before adding, "Besides, your intriguing," More like a challenge, but intriguing sounded better, Tristian was sure, "And I want to get to know you. I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to those things," He grinned wider here, that manic flash back in his eyes, looking more than a lithe unhinged, "I guarantee you, we'll be friends before you know it." At least he hoped, that's what he wanted.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-29-2015, 02:15 AM

Ren couldn't say he meant specifically friends when he said he didn't need it. It was a more general response to Tristian's words than that. Perhaps it was a relationship that needed words like that he didn't need. Never had really. He turned his head away despite the fact that he rarely moved when doing any kind of modeling work. "Whatever. I don't play well with others though," he said more as a fact than a warning. He'd much prefer to keep everything separate than socialize with the other models though he supposed it didn't matter in the end. He didn't mind other's presence. They minded his when he never socialized back. "Why do you care so much anyway?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-30-2015, 03:29 AM

"Because I do," Tristian pouted, as if it was the most obviously explanation in the world because it was try. "I don't know. I've always cared. Even as a little kid, I was always making friends with everybody. My mom said it was because I was curious. Like I need to know everybody because I want to know as much as I can about those around me." He chuckled a little, "She also used to say, I didn't ever know when to stop. I just kept pushing and pushing because I didn't know any other way." He shrugged, unconcerned, lost a little in the memories of his mom and all the times he'd come home crying from school because someone had been mean to him because he wouldn't stop pestering them to be his friend, but he turned back to Ren and said, "I just liked knowing. And I never really lost that curiosity." His voice was maybe a little more serious now, but it barely showed, and he'd doubt Ren could pick up on it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-31-2015, 05:02 AM

His mother said he was curious? That was why? Ren grunted in response, but he couldn't keep the slight frown off his face. How could he not react to such mentions of mother? Maybe he lied when he said Tristian couldn't make him feel uncomfortable, though this wasn't discomfort, just something that broke his calm. "My mother never said anything like that," he muttered, still turned away. No, she never said anything of the sort. "Can't relate. Never been curious." He hoped that would end this conversation. He didn't notice Tristian's serious tone. He just very much wanted to fall back into silence.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-02-2016, 06:03 AM

Tristian sighed, exasperated, fully aware that this is the point where he should stop, where the conversation was over and he should send Ren back to the dressing room and get on with his designs. But a part of him just didn't want to stop. He was super fascinated by someone who just seemed so stoic it was almost like he didn't exist except to pass through life. "How can you not be curious, though?" he murmured, managing to quiet his voice, but not completely stop the question. However before he really even gave Ren time to answer, he shoved him back towards the dressing room, indicating he should change. "When you come out we'll look over some stuff I'm thinking of designing for you. I'd love input on things like color, though I have an idea of what colors would look best, of course, but I'm curious to here what you think."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-02-2016, 08:35 PM

Ren felt thankful for the chance to escape, but Tristian's words haunted him as he walked back to the dressing room at a slightly quicker pace than before. Once he was alone again, he dropped his head against the mirror there, ignoring the image that looked back at him. Why must Tristian always pry, even when he wasn't trying. It all felt like prying to him and Ren didn't react well, or at least that's how he perceived it. After a minute, he changed his clothes, smoothed a hand through his hair, then headed back out again. "...What did you want to show me?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 AM

Ren and Tristian spent the rest of the meeting mostly focused on the drawings Tristian had been working on, Tristian getting to got up in the artistic flare and marking down slight alterations to make to them and forgetting to really talk to Ren in more than just the most basic of ways, and wanting him to approve of the designs. Especially of the black full lace see-through shirt with sparking gold, silver, and purple sequins that was pretty much an entire design he'd worked up after seeing Ren. He was still talking a mile a minute, but it was about normal designer stuff and had quickly pulled away from the personal.

Once they were done, he turned back to Ren with a smile, "Really, thanks for coming by today. We got a lot done. I'm gonna want to see you again in three days. I'll have a big meeting with all the stylists, make-up artists, and a few of the other models. I want them to meet you and everyone to start getting familiar with each other. Plus we'll need to figure out who will be doing your make-up from now on. But you're free to go!"