\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 PM

Profiles -

Player: Shotacon

Name: James Mathison

Race: Human

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 162lbs

Hair: Black, held in pony tail most of the time with a few errant hairs in the front. When not ponied hangs down to waist.

Eyes: Lush green

Skin: Gamer Pale, but not sickly

Build: Slender with faint muscle tone

Clothes: Wears a wide array of T-shirts with heavy metal and rock band logos on them. Starts the RP wearing black Metallica Ride the Lightning T and worn black jean cut-off shorts and flip-flops.

Accessories: Wears a thick chain necklace, silver, with a dagger pendant on it, also silver, with a ruby in the handle.

Powers/Skills(If Applicable): He's human, :P

General Personality: Loves gaming, in many different forms. Tends to play games alone, but won't say no to a D&D session or a good MMO. Laid back with an easy-going personality, no temper to speak of. Occasionally he'll take on the personality of a character he's playing without realizing it.

Background: Moved out at a young age to get away from his parents. Got a job at 14 online and it pays well. No siblings, parents were jerks and took the money he earned from his job until he moved out at 16. He works as a programmer and spends most of his free time playing RPGs.

Player: PrincessKasumi

Name: Alexander Cross

Race: Human

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 166lbs

Hair: Dyed dark teal, it's your typical bed head messy length look. Longer in the back then the sides and the front, witht he front being th shortest. His hair is slightly curly but other than that it is straight.

Eyes: A yellow amber

Skin: fair

Build: Average but on the skinny/slender side

Clothes: He usually wear white undershirts, jeans and converse shoes. His shirt varies from long sleeves to short sleeve dress shirts. He will start the RP off wtih a low cut white undershirt (low enough to see collar bones), a gray long sleeved shirt same neck length as the under shirt but slightly shorter.

Accessories: Wears glasses, sometimes he might wear a wrist band(s). Wouldn't call it an accessory but he has a tendency to paint his nails black.

Powers/Skills(If Applicable): N/A

General Personality: He likes to keep to himself half the time. Usually he will tell someone what he is thinking and how he feels about a situation or about them. He may be either shy or just anti-social. Either way he comes off as loner to those he doesn't know, probably even stuck up. Despite this he longs for social interaction, that's one of the reasons he plays video games.. specifically MMOs.

Background: He still lives with his parents but he is looking for a place to call his own. His parent's are just your average parents, though his older sister and younger brother are another story. She's off running the streets, while the youngest is into being gothic/emo he never could tell what he was, just thought he loved wearing black and doing crazy things with his hair. To their parents Alexander seemed like the normal one more or less.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 AM

With a long sigh James sits back in his computer chair, the metal joints creaking dangerously with the movement. 'I need a new chair' he thinks for the hundredth time. Tilting his head back he gives his eyes a little break from the glowing monitor before him. He looks instead into the darkness of his small apartment to take stock of the pile of cereal boxes atop his magnet riddled fridge. “I need to go shopping soon.” He murmurs into the darkness. The room makes no move to reply.

With another sigh he sits forward, the chair creaking loudly again. He focuses on the final few lines of code his client needs re-worked and after a few seconds makes the needed adjustments. Saving the work he sends it off and turns off his computer monitor. Standing he maneuvers around the sparsely furnished apartment to the open kitchen area. Pulling a ramen cup down from the cupboard he prepares a late dinner. While he's waiting for the noodle to soak up the hot tap water he glances over to the glowing numbers displayed on the microwave clock and smirks a little.

'Finished with an hour to spare, go me! And they thought it would take 4 days' He reaches up to brush away the errant hairs tickling his nose before pulling out his hair tie and letting his dark hair fall about his shoulders. He keeps it back while he works, but it's just not comfortable to sleep in. His father use to insist that if he was going to keep long hair it had to be really neat. As such he spent many a night tossing and turning with the solid knot of the elastic band poking him in the back of the head. He shakes his head, letting his thoughts drift to more pleasant thoughts. Like that bright green package settle on his maroon bedsheets.

The package had arrived late that afternoon and he'd been just waiting for time right time to tear into it. He'd opened the top and did a little digging to get the instructional pamphlet but left the main prize under a thick pile of styrofoam peanuts. He wanted to know what he'd need to do before he became to tired to understand the directions. 'This game sounds awesome. And playing it while you sleep? Too sweet. I mean, yeah, means I can't play it any time I want, but by the reviews the virtual world created for this game is so worth waiting through each day. I wish I could have been one of the Beta testers! If only I wasn't sick when they were doing the recruiting. . . But, anyways, I can play it now' Pulling out a set of chopsticks James wolfs down his small dinner and throws the cup in the trash, the chopsticks joining his lunch dishes in the sink.

With a few quick strides he's at his room. Only his bedroom and the bathroom have walls in his apartment, the rest is open space. He closes the door behind him before reaching out blindly to turn on his bedside lamp. The package is just as he left it, it's lime green sides almost florescent, the small mess of styrofoam scattered around it. Running over the instructions in his head he reaches in, pulling out the game's interface. The VR visor is in classic reds and blues, and almost looks like it came out of an Anime. A small grin finds it's way to his lips as the peanuts cascade off of it and make an even bigger mes on his bed. Vowing silently to clean it up in the morning he fingers the little timer on the side.

As soon as his wake-up time is set he crawls under his covers, sending the package on to the floor with a soft thunk. Once settled comfortable he shucks off his pants and tosses them at the foot of his bed. He brings up the visor, placing it over his eyes. The sides hug his head comfortable and he carefully lines them up with the small dimples of his temples. Once he's sure it's in the right place he presses down on the small buttons centered over his temples and he feels a small pinch. Then, everything fades.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He's standing in a white room, no walls are apparent. He looks around for something, anything. Suddenly a hole opens up above him and a mechanical are appears. It comes down and James blinks a few times at the sight of a fair haired young man sitting behind a computer panel attacked to the end of the arm. His fingers are working the panel fast and James is a little wary of interrupting him. Suddenly he looks up at James, causing James to take a step back.

“Registration code and Real World Name please.” He inquires in a business like tone.

“Um, 4389Q, James Mathison.” He rattles off. The boy inputs the information and presses a button. Suddenly the room seems to explode in color. James takes a deep breath, getting over the shock of the sudden burst of color quickly as he takes stock of the things being displayed around him. Along the wall in front of him seems to be a bunch of different races to pick from. To his right is a blank stats board, all the numbers 0 for now. To the left looks like a full set of different starter clothes to choose from. All the walls touch one another, forming a huge triangle around James and the boy still typing away furiously.

The young man looks up again. “Welcome to Moonlight Epic's Character Creation Station. My name is Arias, and I'll be assisting you in putting together your avatar for the game.” James turns his attention to Arias, pulling his hand back swiftly from where it had been reaching out to poke at the wall of races. Arias smiles a little at the slightly guilty expression on James's face. “This process is fairly simple, but please remember that the choices you make here are final. Once your avatar is made, you can not change your race, physical appearance, or base stats.”

James nods, turning his attention to the wall of races again. Behind him Arias continues. “To avoid confusion and misunderstandings you're avatar's gender will be the same as your own. James turns back to Arias with a smirk.

“And how are you suppose to make sure I'm the gender I say I am?” His voice is curios, with only a hint of snark.

Arias smirks back, “Because, the same system the visor uses to interprets your thoughts into movements in this virtual world allows for us to scan your mind for other information. Like, say, if you are lying?”

James nods in approval. “Makes sense.” He murmurs turning back to the races. Each race is represented by a standard male of the species approximately the same height as James.

“Also, once you choose you race a copy of your own features will be filtered into the model and from there you can make the changes you wish to make.” Arias adds as James runs his hand across the wall. The races file sideways like the app icons on an iPod.

James cracks his virtual fingers. “Okay, let's get to it!”

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-03-2013, 03:46 AM

"And where have you been young lady?" An woman who looked to be about her 40s or early 50s. Even though her hair was obviously dyed you could still tell the age through her skin. She seemed to be talking to the other woman who just walked into the kitchen. The front door was too far from the Kitchen. "Out.." The younger woman practically looked like a barbie scowled. "Look I told you I was spending the night at Victoria's house studying, Mom." Then someone from the opposite side of the kitchen at the dinner table who seemed to be a troubled teen spoke up. "She was studying alright." He couldn't help but snicker at the end. Then right next him a burst of laughter rang through out the house. He seemed to older then the boy next to him. "She sure was!"

Their mother hand a confused look upon her face as she asked "Excuse me?" But before the boys even thought about replying, their sister snarled at them. "You little brats, Guess I should throw this package I found on the doorstep in the trash." She started walking over to the trash in the corner of the kitchen next to the sink. Alas before she could throw it into the trash it was intercepted by the the young man who seemed to be the middle child who had just jumped out of his seat like it was on fire and ran to her. "Hey! That cost more then your plastic surgery combined, give it here." He quickly snatched up, and ran upstairs. Not caring if she had anything to say.

Someone like her wouldn't understand, his brother would...maybe. His sister could be annoying half the time, and don't get him started on his mother. Alexander was pretty neutral/cool with his brother, he didn't really bother him. He couldn't wait until he moved out get away from both of them. But it would take some time before he could accomplish that. In the meantime he had to read up on Moonlight Epic to see if any changes were made by reading the pamphlet that came with it. He didn't manage to get into the closed beta testing but he was able to participate in the open beta they at E3 where they let a select few come try out the game a few weeks before they were to complete the final product.

Quit abit changed but it shouldn't be too hard for someone like him to get the hang of the game again. Wasting no time he carefully pulled out the blue and red visor. The visor at E3 looked way different from this. Probably didn't like the previous design I guess...either way this is pretty sweet. Alexander quickly stuffed back any packing peanuts into the box where they belong before moving it to his computer desk where there was a empty spot. He looked at the clock, and smiled. He was surely too excited to fall asleep but he'd find a way.

Alexander got undressed until he was in nothing but his boxers, he went into one of his drawers and pulled out some dark gray pajama pants before slipping under the covers his bed. He picked up the helmet and laid back into his pillow. Taking a deep breath to relax he proceeded to place the VR visor over his face on his head into the correct position. Feeling around the front of the visor he found the button he was looking for then pushed it. He couldn't say for sure what happened next, but he felt something before the darkness quickly changed.

------- Welcome To Moonlight Epic ... User! --------

Just as he remember there was really no walls so the space he had appeared in seemed to go on forever. He waited patiently for a mod to show up. It didn't take too long, although at this time there had to be many users logging it, alittle delay was to be expected.

He was greeted by some red headed fellow taping away on a panel console attatched to a mechanical arm not far from Alexander. "Registration code and Real Word Name if you would." The red head inquired.

"That would be 2869X, Alexander Cross." And about 30 seconds later Alexander guess he was surrounded by a triangle of colors and information. He could see the race selection and of course his zeroed out stats and a choice of starter clothes. "Welcome to Moonlight Epic's Character Creation Station. My name is Eric, and I will be assisting you along your character creation. And please remember Alexander Cross, that all your choices made here are final and cannot be changed."

Alexander simply nodded and started the race screen, he raised his arm and started flipping through the selection of races. They seemed to just about equal to him in psychical stature. A major upgrade from the convention. "Alexander Cross. Please take note to make things easier for our users we've implemented a program to use your real world features for your Avatar. From there you may change your looks to your liking."

From here on out Alexander and the rest of the users would choose who they would like to like. Of course... to their respective genders.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 AM

As he pans through the races he notices many of them seem to be not human in the extreme. “I don't wanna be a knoll, a creeper, a goblin, a half orc.” He mutters aloud. Noticing more human flesh tones high above he touches a column and pulls downwards. The bottom race vanishes into the floor and re-appears high above at the top of the wall. He pulls down a few more columns and starts panning through the more human looking races. Arias approaches from behind, the mechanical arm making little creaking noises.

“Is there anything you're looking for in particular?” He inquires, the ever present clacking ceasing for a moment.

James turns to look up at the mod. “Well, I usually play tanks and other buff characters, but this time, I wanna try something different. Maybe something with more magic, less mass so to speak.” he replies. Arias nods and begins clicking away again. James blinks rapidly as the wall of races shuffles around very quickly like mahjong tiles until a line-up of races rotate slowly by on the bottom row.

“These are all races that are more magically or mystically inclined. They include many races of Fairy, Elf, Man-beast, Beast-man, Fae, and Gremlin.” James nods, his eyes passing over the many fair looking beings.

“Could you pull up the Fae for me?” he asks. Without a word the row rotates a bit faster and a set of insect winged males rotate into sight. James grins a bit at the sight of guys with butterfly and moth wings. It isn't until the ones sporting gossamer wings comes into view that he moves closer and begins looking over them with a critical eye. His hand darts out, stopping the row on a dark haired Fae. “Those look like Hylian ears. . .” He murmurs with a grin. The ears are long, pointed at the ends, and seem to jut straight out from the head. Around the eyes there seems to be almost natural make-up, and it looks almost glittery. Turning to Arias he nods. “This one.”

Arias nods back and all the race models disappear from the wall. “It will take a few moments for it to integrate your features into the model.” He says, his fingers flying over his keyboard. James leans aback bit, crossing his arms as he waits.

Suddenly his eyes go a little wide as the model re-appears. He gawks openly for a few seconds before snapping his mouth shut and stepping back up to the wall. A set of controls appear next to the figure, much like the ones in “Create-a-SIM” and he goes strait to work. When he's finished he steps back and admires his work.

The hair matches his own in color but is a bit thicker and with a slightly shaggy look. His eyes are a bit wider and a faint dusting of violet tints his eyelids and surrounding area, ending in points near his ears. His shoulders seem to be dusted lightly with the same glittery stuff around his eyes. His body looks a bit more fit than his own, but somehow just as thin. Down the left arm in thin dark black ink is a tattoo of ivy vines running from his shoulder to his wist, wrapping around the arm in a crisscross fashion. The wings coming from his back are thin, like that of a dragonflies. There are two sets of four, one directly between the shoulder blades and the other about two inches lower. The fingers look a little long, thick pointed nails adding to the look.

“Is that the appearance you want?” Arias says from behind, slightly startling James.

He whips around, smiling away his little jump at the blond's words. “Yeah, I think that looks good!” Arias his a few keys and a classic female voice echoes around the room, -Character Model Locked Off-.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-09-2013, 12:30 AM

Alexander moved his side to side to crack it before he began searching through the many races. The row with the ones he was finished looking at would reappear at the time, which he always thought was pretty damn cool. Hell everything about VR was awesome. He already knew what class he wanted, though the race he played as last time for a limited amount of time didn't seem to fit his class. So he wanted to take his time looking for one that would best suit his wants and need. Which meant no Orcs, Trolls and definately no Goblins, any races with animal influence, Dwarves, Any type of species with wings... although being able to fly/hover has it's appeal. Pretty much every possible race besides those who are nimble and quick like elves.

Alexander started looking through the elven row, until he found one he really liked and would have no regrets with picking. "This is the one I will be using for my Avatar."

"Are you sure this is the one you want? Although you can still change later but once we are finished with the whole creation process there is no turning back." Eric inquired of the young man, he watched him nod. The mod went to work, and the race models, every single last one of them even the one he chosse, disappeared off the wall. But almost like magic you could the model Alexander has chosen reappeared life sized-- his size-- right infront him. It looked just like him, it was uncanny.

Alexander reached up both hands and went to work fixing the Avatar the way he wanted. He made the hair a much lighter color then his, he made it blonde. He kept the eyes and more of the features the same, likr nose, mouth, eyebrows, etc. He did change the build of the character though, gave it a more athletic muscle toned type build. This race quite unqiue it was like a demon elf, it had horns on the side of the head and curved towards the front, instead of up or behind the head. They akin to what dragon horns would look like, and they were colored a deep dark red. Alexander also changed the skin color of his avatar to more on the dark side but not too dark of course. "I'm done."

Eric went to work locking off the character model and brought up new screens infront and around him. It appeared to be class selection along with stats and special abilities.

- Character Model Locked -

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 11-22-2013 at 01:13 AM..

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2013, 01:37 PM

James grins as the avi vanishes and the stats sheet pops up. He examines it thoroughly before pulling up the first slot. “Class huh? Wonder what they've come up with. Hopefully some new stuffs.” he murmurs aloud.

From behind Arias chimes in. “If you'd like to see the classes created specifically for this game I can pull them up for you. There are only nine.” Without a word James nods and a moment and several key strokes later the new classes pop up in a list on a floating panel in front of the wall. He mulls over them for several minutes, almost grinning when he hears Arias stop typing and the mechanical arm move closer. Before he can speak up though, James presses his finger over one of the classes.

And info screen pops up for it and he reads, “Animal Friend. In this class the player can befriend the game animals and monsters and recruit them to fight for him/her. In this class the player is limited to wands and small blades, their beasts being their main weapons. As they advance in their class they can befriend stronger monsters and animals, and larger numbers of them. The monsters and animals can be trained, and as they level up they have a chance of evolving into more powerful beasts. Some classes do not evolve. Depending on the relationship with the player, the beasts can follow either the Dark or Light class of evolution. Players too can enter either the Dark or Light class depending on their style of play. Below you can see the progression of the class itself.”

His eyes drift down to a little piece at the bottom.

Class Progression: Animal Friend → Tamer → Trainer → (Class Diversion)
Dark: Master → Overlord
Light: Captain → Champion

James grins, he likes this one. Plucking the class off the panel he laces it in the Class slot on the stats sheet. A moment later the base stats fill into their respective slots. He quickly adds his 5 bonus points where he wants them and moves over to the Special Ability slot. From the three available only one really appeals to him so his decision is quick. With a smile he turns to Arias. “I'm ready to lock this off too!”

Arias nods pressing several keys and the female voice echoes around the room again. -Character Stats Locked Off-.

With that the wall goes blank again and the final selections pop up. Clothes. Feeling particularly giddy being so close to starting James skips right over tops and shoes and the like and instead looks just for some pleasing bottoms. His eyes widen slightly at how skimpy some of the bottoms are. With a slow grin he pokes his finger at a leather loin cloth with a few straps with colored beads hanging off it. His avi re-appears, now sporting the revealing garment. 'I like the simplicity. Functional and easy to move in!' With a nod he gives Arias a thumbs up.

Arias bends over his panel and begins typing furiously. The female voice chimes in again. -Character Outfit Locked Off-. Arias looks up from his typing, eyes locking with James's. “All I need now is you name. Once it's inputted, you'll enter automatically.”

James looks at the blank wall before him, his mind going over name after name. He's always used some variation of the same name when playing MMOs in the past, but seeing as he's breaking the mold all over the place today, he tries to think of something new, and different. His mind drifts back to the games of his childhood, back when controllers only had three buttons and a D-pad. He'd always have a blast with the games those old systems played for him, and he lets out a little laugh at one of his oldest favorites. That thief turn ninja calls to him and turning to Arias he says in a steady voice. “I shall be known as Slade.”

Arias checks his panel quickly and finds the name available. “Capital 'S' I presume?” He inquires. When he gets a nod back he enters the name into he system, overlaying it on to his character profile. “If you reach the top of your class, either branch, you will be allowed to pick a sir name to use for you're castles, clans, ect.” Turning to James he smiles. “Enjoy your game, and welcome to the world of Moonlight Epic.” As the last syllable leaves his lips, the world around James goes white.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 AM

Alexander has been looking through the classes awhile, atleast it must have been because Eric asked if he needed any help. He didn't, it was just alittle more difficult for him to just pick one class and be stuck like that forever. There were quite a few classes not to mention the ones that were specially made for this game. Alexander looked through your basic classes, then the special ones. After another moment he let out a sigh. He was just going to ask if Eric dould help but then he noticed a class he must have overlooked. His eyes scanned the information of the class.

Class Progression: Phantom → Blade Dancer (Class Diversion)
Blades : Assassin → Shade Walker
Gold: Scout → Treasure Hunter

It looked pretty interesting especially that Shadow Walker classes, his classes could also go into treasure hunting which was nice. He could be on his way down the path of wealth or one of blades, and being a bad ass about it. The class description was as follows:
"Phantom. This class specializes in shadows, and the art of blade. Although you are only limited to the non-heavy blades. such as Daggers, Sabers, Scabbards, Knives, Spathas, Flamberge, Rapier, Talwar...[More Info]. You cannot use any time of Axe, Clubs, Two-handed swords, Halberds...[More Info]." The list seemed to go on as there was a click-able link for him to read the rest of the lists. He decided against it, he could always just play through the game and find out which ones he could use. Alexander kept reading. "You are very adept in the way of Silence. As you are a master of light blades you made dual wield any of them, same or different. This class can progress into two different classes if the play so chooses."
Alexander slid class off the class panel onto another panel next to Eric's Mechanical arm that looming nearby, and the class panel in front of him more of less disappeared into the ground, and then stat sheet slides in front of him. Alexander placed his stats in the best places possible to give him a good start and also to help him towards "end game." The stats panel merged into the panel by the mechanical arm the class panel that was already there changed to accommodate the new material. The last panel slid in front him, it was Special Abilities. It didn't take him but a few seconds to pick the one he wanted. He watched as the panel also slid to merge with the other two. "I suppose I'm done. What's next?"

-Character Stats Locked Off-

"Now, you get to choose your starting outfit." Eric told him as he was looking at the computer and typing on it. Alexander watched as more panels surround him with different choices of clothing. First things first was the shirt, which he chose to be a dark crimson, it had a deep V-neck, it stopped above the characters belly button. And in the space was straps connecting either side of the deep V. Alexander choose blank pants they were slightly form fitting, followed by some shoes. He then moved onto accessories, he choose a red and black collar where the color were divided horizontally. Followed by two gold earrings on the left ear. "Done."

-Character Outfit Locked Off-

"Well, that was everything we needed to do to get your Character started.. The last thing that needs to be done before you can play, is your name for your Character. Have you thought of one?" Eric inquired, looking over to Alexander.

"Yes.. there is a few.. let's go with my first choice. Shin. With a capital S." Alexander replied hoping it wasn't taken.

Eric looked upon his computer panel to find the name available. "It is available and you should see it on your character profile in front of you." He paused for a moment. "There is something else I need to tell before you are sent off into the game. If you are to reach the top of your class, in either branch of the class, you will be allowed to pick a surname for your castles, clans, etc." Eric smiled up at Alexander. "Enjoy your game, and welcome to Moonlight Epic." The last thing Alexander remember was that smile before everything he grew accustomed to in the character creation just disappear it was almost like he was in limbo. Though it didn't last long soon his eyes were violated by burst of colors.

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 11-22-2013 at 01:14 AM..

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2013, 06:54 AM

Blinking rapidly Slade looks about as the world of Moonlight Epic shimmers into being before him. His eyes adjust quickly and a slaw smile spreads across his lips. The platform he is standing on is wide enough to accommodate several people and there are intricate patters covering it's glowing blue surface. It seems to be set in a little alcove of rock and marble mixed. It seems to be raised a few feet above the ground and a set of white stairs lead down to ground level. Out from the little station seems to be an old fashioned cobblestone road leading off to the left and right. Across the street is a small shop sitting next to a large booth.

Above the store is a sign reading “First Stop Shop”. Looking up Slade feels an odd sensation as the words, “Entry HUB” pass before his eyes. He smiles, stepping carefully down the steps. His body feels a little awkward at first so he takes a few minutes to wander back and forth in front of the HUB. He takes the opportunity to check out his fellow gamers. A group of hourglass shaped girls across the square are obviously friends out of game and are chittering on about how amazing it is to be able to build such perfect Avis.

'Funny, they all look the same to me, except skin tone' Slade muses. His looks instead at a small group as they head down the street, checking out the small shops with overly manly enthusiasm. 'Ten to one you guys are fat lazy bums in Real' He chuckles to himself, making another pass past the HUB. His attention is caught by a new arrival. A young human male by the look of him, but obviously from a different time zone. He already has a weapon and takes no time to adjust to the environment. He marches past, his cheap leather armor making realistic sounds as it moves with his body. Slade is slightly shocked when he notices he can even smell it. 'Whoa, this place rocks, and I haven't even gone anywhere!'

After another pass he feels steady enough to check out the shop. He notices a few of the girls squeal as they finally notice his scantly clad self as he begins to cross the street. Sensing an impending pheromone attack he quickens his pace towards the store. Sure enough, the sound of shuffling feet and clicking heels follow him as he slips inside and pulls the door shut behind him. Walking slowly around the edge of the shop his eyes sparkle at all the neat new toys. Axes, bows, spears, swords, and the like line the walls. Each type of weapon has a chest beneath it with a list of classes that can use it etched into the lid.

Slade jumps slightly as he feels something touch his elbow. Whipping around he steps back from a tall beast man looming over him a bit. “Ah! Oh, uh, hi.” He murmurs lamely. He barely notes that he still mostly sounds like himself as the beast man starts laughing. He instead takes the chance to get a better look at the guy. At least a foot and a half taller than Slade, he seems to be a canine of some sort. 'Like a jackel, or a coyote'

The beast man stops laugh and holds out a clawed hand, “Ah, sorry about that, I just have so much fun with you newbies!” His voice is deep, but despite his words he seems jovial and not malicious. Slade takes hold of the proffered hand and gives it a firm shake.

“No problem. I understand.” He replies, shaking off the last bit of his tenseness at the sudden fright. As he drops the beast man's hand he looks about the room. “I suppose this is where we get our first weapon, huh?” he inquires.

“Yep! And I'm the shop owner, Draxl.” He steps back and indicates all the chests with a sweep of his long arm. “I can supply weapons up to level 15, but keep in mind all my stuff is basic. The pest stuff is found in dungeons and from bosses.” Slade nods, looking towards the box for small blades. Draxl continues as Slade walks towards the chest. “The really good weapons come with their own names, and are one of a kind. These weapons can be supplemented and enchanted, gaining abilities through alchemy, and leveling up along with you.” He follows as Slade pulls open the chest. “However, you shouldn't hold your breath for one of those weapons. There are only so many in the game, and if you don't find one yerself you can't trade for one either.”

Slade nods, still listening closely. In the chest is an assortment of small blades, from boot knife to dirk. All seem rather plain with very simple, cheap hilts. 'Yeah, I'ma find me one of them cool weapons. I may not hold my breath, but I will do my best' Pulling out a simple curved blade, like a mini kohpesh, Slade starts examining it carefully, weighing it in his hand and swinging it around a bit to see how it feels.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 01:40 AM

For so reason Shin had raised one of his hands up as if to block some kind of blinding light, which of course was not there. His eyes where just assaulted with the sudden color of the world is all. It didn't take long before his eyes were adjusted, and he lower his hand. Everything so far seemed to be as he remember it though there seemed to be minor changes in the intricate pattern that was covering the platform he 'spawned' on. He would know that since he that the original design look so cool, he wanted to study it and draw it out perhaps for a tattoo or something. And to be expected there were quite a few people on this platform and it still could hold just a few more. Well first things first, he had to go visit the First Stop Shop.

It would take a bit, because he had to get use to being inside of the game again, but it wouldn't take him long so while he waited he just looked around it fellow gamers. They had a few that seemed to be waiting for their friends, other were already grouped together and gushing about the game, they even had a group girls going crazy over their avatars. Heck he was surprised there were any girls in here, since they usually take 'forever' to create a character even if their is limited clothing options forget it if they had alot of clothing options. You would probably never see a girl in the game for awhile.

Shin stepped off the plate and started walking towards the store, on the way there he could see all kinds of races, he noticed by the shop there seemed to beast races discussing something, probably about weapons and armor and what to buy from the shop. He didn't really care all that much. Shin was stopped short of the shop by some he just bumped into or rather they bumped into him.
"Hey, watch where you're going!" The soft voice said to him as green eyes looked at him.
The small boy seemed to be one of those fairies races. Wait.. no it wasn't a boy it was a girl. They looked abit too young but, meh. His piercing yellow eyes looked right into those big forest green ones. "You bumped into me, you should be more careful next time."
She looked like she wanted to say something but instead she just pouted and stomped off. He didn't care where just so long as she was gone. Once he got up to the shop he realized the beast races from earlier weren't discussing weapon but a few girls that were hanging around the entrance of the shop. Why were they crowing the door anyway? Boy was it going to be a hassle to get through them to get to the shop. Shin finally reached the group, and pushed pass them not even bothering to say excuse me until he got the girls. "Excuse me your in the way." And pushed his way through them to get to the door and inside, but before his ears were assaulted by the girls.

He wasn't be rude at all, they were. They were blocking the door for crying out loud and wouldn't even budge. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked around inside the shop. It had all kinds of weapons like swords, spears, daggers, bows and the like on the wall. They even had chest under the weapons that were on the wall that had names of class scratched into it to let players know what classes can use them. There seem to be maybe... five people in here not counting the Store Owner. Someone in a loincloth was over by the chest he need to go to. Looked like he was swinging around some type of weapon, maybe to see how it felt. Shin crossed the room, careful to watch out for the swinging blade and get to the chest to look through for some daggers. "That's a nice blade you have there." He commented as he kept looking through the chest, he managed to find one, now he need to find another.. preferably the same kind. And it took some time for him to find it but now he has matching pairs of daggers.

And with the money that all the players start with it should be enough to covering the daggers, they seemed simple enough, nothing too fancy which meant it just around his level.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-10-2013, 02:23 PM

Slade pauses when a guy walks up and comments on the dagger he's testing. The blond's hair contrasted with the dark skin, and he couldn't help but grin a bit at the dark red horns adorning the guy's head. 'That race does have it's appealing aspects, I must say' he muses to himself. To the other player he says, “Yeah, It'll do for now I suppose." He goes back to checking out the dagger, watching out of the corner of his eye as the other player digs through the chest as if he knows what he wants. With a shrug he walks over to Draxl and shows him the blade. The customer, a goblin of some sort, he'd just finished helping glances at Slade as he walks past and out the door.

Draxl takes the blade, looks it over and hands it back. “Looks like a good one that. It's a smaller version of an old Egyptian short sword. You know if it?” he inquires, raising a furry eyebrow and handing Slade a sheath and belt for the weapon.

Slade nods, “Yeah, I've heard of them. A khopesh, right?” he replies, strapping the belt across his chest so the sheath hangs at his left hip. Sliding the dagger in he grins and the comfortable weight on his shoulder. Affixing the extra strap so the belt stays in place he turns back to Draxl.

Draxl grin, “Yep, on the money. And speaking of, two helcam.” He says, holding out a hand. Slade looks around, trying to find where he keeps money. Draxl shakes his head. “Just slap my hand.” Slade raises his own eyebrow this time, but complies. As the hands strike together, a 2 next to an odd symbol seems to pop off the impact sight and vanish into the air. For a moment, like looking at a game scree, an 8 next to the little symbol pops up in front of Slade's eyes next to the word -Remaining-. Slade grins.

“That's just awesome. No more hulking money bags!” Draxl give out a barking laugh.

“Tha's right! Now off you go! Stop at the booth next to the shop for some quick instructions and your HUB pass!” He calls as Slade makes his way to the door. Slade waves and calls a thanks over his shoulder.

Stepping outside he winces as he hears a chorus of squeals come from his right. Again fleeing the rush of hormones he darts to his left to stand in the relatively short line for the booth. A dark skinned wood elf who looks a lot like a bouncer shoos the girls away so they don't interfere with business at the booth. Slade shoots him a grateful look and he rolls his eyes. Under his breath he whispers to Slade, “You're not the first one those girls have tried to maul. They seem to have a ravenous taste for the pretty boy.” Slade laughs along with the elf. Glancing above his head he noticed a free floating word hovering there.

“Enforcer?” He inquires, pointing at the word. The elf looks up, his short red hair shifting rather realistically to brush his back.

“Yeah,” he replies, looking back at Slade. “I'm one of the staff, but I'm also a player. When I'm on duty, my job will appear above my head. If you ever host any event or anything, your duty will appear above you head the same way. It's to avoid confusion.” Slade nods, giving the guy a wave as the guy in front of him finishes talking to the gal at the booth.

She looks like a hobbit, he cheery cheeks bulging as she attempts to show of all of her teeth with a smile. “Welcome to Moonlight Epic! I am Dellia. It's my job to give you a run down of basic travel here.” Pulling out a little sheet of paper she picks up a feathered ink pen and dips it in and inkwell. “Name please?”

Blanking at her overly cheery nature he replies with a slight studded, “Uh, I'm Slade.” She nods, filling in his name. There's a little sparkle lower down on the paper and more words appear.

She smiles and hands him the paper which vanishes as he touches it. “Now deary, let me explain. As a newbie there are only certain areas you can get to. This is to avoid players from entering areas they haven't discovered yet, through quests and other some such. There are some places you simply must walk into to gain access to, but most require you to defeat some boss or another. With each new area you must stop back here for me to sign off on it, and then you'll be able to take the HUB there instead of having to walk. Understand?” Slade nods. “Good, good, smart boy. Now, you can not use the HUB to get into dungeons, so you have to start those over should you leave one in the middle. Also! There are some areas you can only enter if you're in a group of two or more. These areas have advanced, higher level monsters.” Slade nods again, getting the idea.

“One last thing deary. If you are in a team, the monsters in whatever area you walk into will be tougher than normal. They'll usually be around two levels higher than the median of all the levels on the team plus their original level. So, say, 3 level 6 players with a level 14 player enter an area with level 1 monsters, the monster will be around level 11(10 is halfway between 6 and 14, so 10, plus original level, equals 11).”

Slade can practically see the math passing in front of his eyes. “Makes sense. Also sounds like traveling in a group can be dangerous if there's too great of a difference in player level. Smaller players could get crushed by monsters the larger players would handle easily.” Dellia nods ecclesiastically.

“There are of course some areas where this rule does not apply, like the parks and the beginner zone, but we're trying to discourage the stronger players from walking smaller players through the game, rushing right past things and the like.” She smiles again, wide as ever, “It's also why we have this travel system. Now, you understand everything alright deary?” Slade gives her another nod. “Well then, off you go! Start your adventure, and have fun!”

Slade wanders away from the booth, going over this and that in his head as he heads to the HUB. He plans on walking out of the little town area, but he wants a quick escape should the girls spot him again. 'This is great. They actually want people to PLAY the game, rather than just rushing through it to get the prizes. I like that' Glancing around the area he carefully props himself up against the wall next to the HUB. His eyes bug out slightly and he push off as he feels something weird on his back. Checking the wall, he sees nothing out of the ordinary and then he smacks himself in the forehead and looks back at his wings.

'Almost forgot I had these. I wonder how they work' Looking at them carefully he starts focusing on moving them. At first, like learning to walk digitally, the movements are jerky and stuttered. He yelps once when they suddenly start up and pitch him forward a bit. He smiles a bit as he steadys himself. 'Well, that humming noise sounded right, so I'm getting there' He chuckles, beating his wings slowly as he goes back to stand beside the HUB. He spots the girls, busy chatting amongst one another. He waves at a group of players heading towards the meadow just in sight at the edge of the town. 'I guess I should begin training soon. Gotta figure out how to use these abilities of mine, heh'

Last edited by Shotacon; 12-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: Fixing

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 09:55 AM

Observing the two daggers he had, he liked how they had a green gems and a white opal inlayed into the hilt of the dagger. He also noticed that it resembled the sai weapons, in that it had a smaller blade arching out on either side of the dagger's hilt. He flipped the daggers in his hand for abit to test the weight, they seemed alright to his standards. Shin peered back into the chest to make sure he got what he wanted inside. Once he was finishing checking he walked over to the counter behind the guy who he mad a small comment to earlier, he waited until he was finished with his transaction before he stepped up where the other guy used to be. Shin places blades on the counter. "I will be taking these."
Draxl nods, looking them over and held out his hand while telling Shin "That'll cost you three helcams."
Shin nodding in reply, slaps the the outreach hand, watching as a three showed up at the site of the hand impact, followed by a 7 right in front of his face. He glanced alittle to the right to see the words 'remaining'. As Shin turned away from Draxl, he told him to also stop at the booth next to the shop for a HUB pass and instructions. Raising a hand, as a sign of acknowledgement Shin headed for the door.

Shin looked around, until he found the booth on his left. He was pleasantly surprised that those girls were gone. He walked on over to the short line, looking ahead to look at the other players. Shin saw an Enforcer not too far ahead of him. If he could recall they were staff members and kept things pretty much under control. This one seemed to be a dark skinned wood elf. Shin continued to look around while waiting for the line move.

When it finally did move, Shin was greeted by hobbit with pink hair. He couldn't help but to think that he wanted to pinch those fat cheeks of hers while she smiled. Dellia brought out a paper and asked for his name after welcoming him and giving a short description of her job. "It's Shin." Shin watched as she scribbled his name after dipping it in the inkwell. He eyed the paper as words started to appear. Shin reached for the paper when she handed it out to him.

He listened quietly to Dellia as she explained newbies could only get into certain areas, how players couldn't get enter undiscovered areas that were usually unlocked by bosses, quest or something or other. Pretty much what he already knew. She continued to tell him that he need to come back to her after reaching a new area so she can sign off on the paper she just handed him. This was so he wouldn't have to walk back to any areas, he could just use the HUB to teleport there. Shin nodded, showing that he understood and was actually listening. She also told him that he couldn't use the HUB to get into dungeons, say should he leave in the middle and want to start right back where he was. This was a new feature, they didn't have this back when he first played.

Shin continued to listen as she told him there were areas that can only be entered by a group of two or more, because of the advanced monsters. She then lastly explained about monsters levels increasing due to the party difficulty. Basically the levels of the monsters scaled to that of the party. If there was three level 6 players with a 14, the monster would be level 10, plus the original level which would make it 11. She then told him those rules don't apply in places like parks and the beginner zone where he is. After she finished talking she asked Shin if he understood everything. He nodded, "I do, thanks Dellia." Dellia told Shin to have fun as he began to walk away towards the HUB. Welp, time to get this show on the word. he thought as he gotten closer to the HUB. He stopped midway and looked around until he found the meadows off in the distance. That's where he had to go. Shin follow a few other players who seemed to also be heading towards the meadows. He hoped it wasn't too terribly crowed like games always are on the first few days, hell maybe even a few weeks since launch.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2014, 05:35 AM

After a few more minutes of practice Slade masters the art of not falling on his face when his wings get to speed. As soon as his feet leave the ground though he starts tipping over in odd directions so with a sigh he decides to get some practice in with his blade. Following a few groups heading towards an open grassy area outside of town he rolls his eyes at a few off color comments about his appearance and swiftly makes his way away from other players. A small ping goes off in his head along with an arrow pointing off to his right. Snapping his head around he smirks at the rather happy looking orange bunny like creature growling fiercely at him. Pulling out his dagger he charges. He feels his wings beat absently as he dodges the first lunge by the little critter. Lashing out with the dagger he manages a weak blow, a red number '3' popping up over it's head. Launching itself again it scratches his side for one point before he sinks the blade strait down into it's head.

With an audible pop it vanishes and leaves behind a small stone. He watches as his helcam count goes up by 1 and does a little fist pump. “My side actually ache, heh. Cool.” He murmurs to himself while looking for another enemy. Spotting a pudgy little rat thing not to far away he stalks over to it. It turns to face him, it's purple coat and beady black eyes gleaming in the sunlight. On a whim he mutters, “Skills” aloud. The rat starts towards him slowly and he grins as a small grid appears off to the side with a bunch of empty spaces, and a single skill listed in the top left-hand box. Reading the words under the skill he slides his dagger into it's sheath. Blinking so the grid vanishes he stares at the rat and following the instructions of the skill he claps his hands together in front of him, arms strait out, and calls out, “Change of Heart!”

The rat thing, still a few feet away, stops. For a few seconds it's color seems to shift rapidly between purple and green until it at last settles on green. It's eyes, now red in color, blink rapidly and it wanders up to Slade. He tenses for a moment, but then it rubs against his leg with it's snout. As he focuses on it he notices a word above it's head. “So your a Ritterkins. How original.” he says sarcastically. “C'mon Reepicheep, let's do some training!” With that he charges off into the field and begins training in earnest with the Ritterkin doing it's part.