maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 PM

Name: Trinity McCarthy
Species: Human
Education: Telos Academy of Higher Education
Assignment: To be assigned... Ebonhawk

Placing the paper back in the folder, Trinity sighed. Looked like she was going to have to report and learn her new assignment. She was pretty upset that they would pull her off from her duties. She was part of an elite team and not being with them anymore really stun. Carrying the folder, she walked towards a cafe. A cup of tea would do her some good.

(Telos is a reference to Star Wars.
Ebonhawk is a reference to the Star Wars game, Knights of the Old Republic.
Macross Frontier is a reference in name only to the anime Macross Frontier.
Tessa and Kalinin are from an anime called Full Metal Panic.)

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 04-10-2014 at 09:39 PM..

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 12:44 AM

Name: Lyt'n M'nor (Layton)
Species: Runan ("Grey")
Education: Central Quadrant School of Engineering
Assignment: Ebonhawk (Chief Engineering Officer)

Lyt'n ran his thumb over the data pad in his hands, re-reading the words over and over. His bright eyes seemed even brighter, and he felt excitement creeping slowly up from his core, through his veins and out to his extremities. Finally, finally he may get off his station. Go out and do something besides tinkering on thermal meters and green house pluming.

He wanted to build, and he may get his chance.

He tucked the device into a satchel and stood, grabbing a slouchy, dark green ruffle-neck sweater and tugged it on over his undershirt. If he was going to be assigned, he'd need to get a few things settled. Refill his credits, buy some new clothes. Some new shoes. Boots? Hm.

Runan were an old race, with slightly-grey skin. This was a tribute based on their planet; a dimmer central star and it had a much higher gravity. Runan were very dense, heavy things, with skin they could consciously turn to something akin to titanium. In earth's gravity, they were incredibly strong, and this ability to strength their skin prompted many into the military. Their people valued strength as a status symbol. Lyt'n was, like most of his males peers, was very strong. Good at hand-to-hand. But he preferred the use of his mind, and thus, went to the Engineering academy.

He stepped into a pair of sandals and stood, heading out the door of his apartment, letting it swish and lock behind him. He slung the strap of his satchel over his shoulder, starting quickly down the aisle towards the commercial part of the station. Coffee sounded brilliant, he needed the caffeine.

X

Name: Weatherford Orchid Havenworth (Yes, one hell of a name; prefers Ford)
Species: Sygn
Education: Federation Academy for Medical Sciences
Assignment: Ebonhawk (Second Chief Medical Officer)
Sygn: They live on a planet with a slightly cooler climate, and well as a slightly more humid state. Their planet is even more covered in water. Aside from that, however, they are extremely similar to humans. Their teeth have slight points, from their primary diet of fish/hard shell aquatic life. They have some webbing between toes and fingers, too, from frequent sea-hunting. They live near coasts, in bungelos often built in stilts in the water, or right on the shore. The only real major differences besides their slightly higher body temperature and webbing to humans would be a clear third eyelid that they're able to close in water. They have an obsession with shiny objects, and like to horde them. They also really, really like bright colours.

Last edited by Mobius; 04-15-2014 at 01:37 AM..

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 AM

Reaching the cafe, she walked up to the counter and scanned her hand. An account with her name, rank, and bank account popped up. She looked lazily over the number of credits she had. She accumulated a lot with the missions she normally did. Since she didn't keep a permanent residence, the credits just piled up. Mentally sighing, she placed an order and moved down to where the drinks were served.

Standing there, Trinity watched others. Most were using tablets or other handheld devices. She glanced at her folder and realized how primitive it must appear. However, she had just been on mission where there was no electricity. The nearby moon had an atmosphere that supported life. It had been enough. Now, she stood out a little with her paper products. A clink on the counter drew her attention. Nodding to the attendant, she accepted her drink and moved to a table. Sitting with her back to the wall so she could view the patio and walkway past the railing, she sipped slowly. Savoring her first caramel tea in over a month was no small treat.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 AM

Layton took his time, riding lifts and meandering through the hallways with a bit of a bounce in his step. The few he recognized he waved too, and one man, a fellow engineer, he stopped to talk with. Turns out there was a problem with one of the botanical houses full of plants that preferred humid, warm climates. He sighed through his nose, thanked the man, and as he walked, tugged his data pad out. He hadn't gotten a message, which either meant he hadn't received one yet, or one of the other young men in the Engineering rotation had been assigned it.

He glanced in at the first cafe he saw, wondering at how busy it was. When he saw more than a few seats open, he slipped in and up to the counter. The scanner became available, and he ducked his arm beneath it so his device could be scanned. His name, job, and bank account came up. He chose what he wanted and stepped down the counter, eyes bright. While he waited for his coffee, he produced his data pad again and began a letter to a couple of his friends, letting them know. He hoped with half a heart they'd go out and celebrate.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 02:28 AM

The drink was delightful. However, she really did feel out of place. Standing, she carried her empty cup to the dispenser and let it carry it out of sight. Turning, she walked out of the cafe patio and back into the crowded sidewalk. Experience had her measuring everyone in front of her as well as watching for possible tails. So far so good. Trinity couldn't relax though. Not until she blended in better. That meant getting rid of this paperwork.

It felt like an eternity, but eventually she reached the one place she knew she would be recognized. Stepping into the resupply office that served the security forces that visited here, she saw the men inside instantly alert and scrutinizing the visitor walking through their door. "Ah! Trinity! Welcome back! You look... different."

"Stone age you mean? I need to gear up. What do you have?"

"Glad you asked. Come on over here. I received a message concerning your next mission..." seeing her raised eyebrow, he amended, "or at least what to supply you with." He opened a large electronic canister, "You will want these..." he proceeded to pass out her new outfit which was a very deep blue. Also was her omni brace, a tool more than anything else. It was specifically made to her genes. That way if stolen, no one else could use it. He smirked at the paper file before handing her a tablet. "You missed this baby I'm sure." Sighing, she started collecting the growing pile and headed to the changing room.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 02:40 AM

He received his iced mocha and gathered up his data pad, satchel, and drink to take them out to the patio. Just on the heels of a young lady, he waited for her to go first before slipping out the door to settle into one of the plush, comfy seats. With a sigh of relief, he sat down and leaned the chair back, kicked his feet up onto the table with a heavy 'thunk', and crossed his ankles. Comfy, the data pad came back to life, and he began looking for his assignment email.

He'd need to pack soon. He shook his drink thoughtfully, sighed through his nose and looked and across the busy commerce sector. Probably end up at the Official Supply, unless they told him civvies would work. He shrugged and watched a few people walk by before again returning to his email, squinting.

"Got your note," a young man, human, with wild red hair sat beside him, his friend Garret. Layton looked up, eyes surprised, then grinned at him. "Congratulations, man."

"Thanks," he leaned so they could shake hands. "What are you doing out?"

"Thought I'd look for something as a farewell gift. Who knows when this station will see the great Layton M'nor, Engineer Extraordinaire."

"You don't need to get me anything."

"Eh," Garrett shrugged. "Let me. Need anything?"

"I could use an upgrade," he wiggled his arm, motioning at his own, sleek green omnidevice. "My shield's too small."

"Dude, it's not like you need a shield anyway."

"Hey, bullets hurt, Gary. They leave bruises."

"Don't call me that--bruises, smooshes. You don't need a shield. Come on, let me get you a badass fighting coat or something."

"Fighting coat?" Lyt'n looked amused. Garrett motioned with his hands.

"Yeah! One that like, flares out dramatically when you land a kick." He made a karate motion with his hands.

"I don't do the fighting, Gary. I just build the tech."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 02:51 AM

Stepping out and looking at herself in the mirror, she had to admit she liked what she saw. Grinning at the boys, she carefully put on her omni device and stroked it for a moment. Good to one back on. If there was anything she liked, it was a good omni device. Picking up her now nicely packed pack, pad, and helmet, she bid them all goodbye. "Going to see what this assignment is about. You all take care ya hear." Waving as she walked through the door, she went on to Security headquarters.

It was several minutes later that she arrived. Her supervisor was waiting for her and nodded greetings when she entered. "Follow me." He took her to a back office and went to stand by his desk. "You are going to be stationed on the Ebonhawk. Yes, I know it is a small ship, but trust me you want it. It has an uncanny ability to get through scrapes. I have a file for you to download..." he pushed the end of his pad into the end of hers. A moment later a file was securely uploaded. Nothing like avoiding wireless for sensitive data. "Inside are crew members you are going to be working with. The Commander has yet to pick out the others, but the potential candidates are also listed. The Ebonhawk is going to be your home for awhile. So I advice you take care of any last minute things you need to do and then head over there."

She nodded as she scanned her pad for any more tidbits of information, "Yes sir. Is there anything else sir? What is this mission?"

He shrugged, "I don't even know that. I just know enough to make sure you know what you need to know at this time. Good luck out there." As she headed for the door, he added, "Oh... and by the way... congratulations on making captain."

"What?" she looked at him shocked before the door between them closed.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 03:17 AM

Lyt'n sat with Garrett for a while, and after a half hour allowed him to buy him lunch. A few of his other friends who had received his note came to meet him, giving him trinkets like gift cards and such as farewells. After lunch, he bid them all farewell, and left them to go and make sure his mail was redirected, so on. Prepare for being gone. An hour after he left lunch, a message came through to go to his supervisor. So, he gathered up his things and off he went to the main Engineering plaza.

"Good to finally see you in my office, Lyt'n."

"It's good to be here, sir."

"We'll miss your expertise around here," the older human smiled at him. "Best man to work in the dark."

"Helps when you've got eyes made for that," he tapped his temple and sat down. When prompted, he handed over his data pad.

"You'll be aboard a ship called the Ebonhawk, as their Chief of Engineering."

"Chief?" He choked.

"You're a senior officer," the man looked proud. "They wanted nothing but the best for the job. The Ebonhawk has...a bit of a reputation of getting stuck between a rock and a hard place...and still coming out of it alive."

"So they want someone who can repair and rebuild just about anything," Lyt'n added.

"Precisely." The elder man touched their pads together. "I'm passing you your assignment, registration, and will be sending all of that to your omnidevice as well. Here is a list of everything you'll need for the trip, and I'll have someone make sure your home is well kept."

'Thank you, sir."

"Go to the supply shop in the basement, they'll have all of your gear. Then go home, pack some clothes and books, anything you want on a long journey. You won't be back for a while. I've heard a lot about your commanding officer," he handed the device back. "They're a pistol, if you know what I mean."

"I'll be good," Lyt'n grinned at him and stood. They shook hands, the human's hand much warmer than Lyt'ns own. When he thought he'd let go, Lyt'n was surprised the grip held.

"Be careful, Lyt'n," the older man's eyes softened. "I know you're not like the rest. You're made of softer stuff."

"I'm made of the same steel as the rest of my people, sir," he stood up a little straighter. "No pun intended."

The elder laughed, and walked him to the lift.

X

Downstairs, Lyt'n was given a bag. It contained two tool sets, three omnidevice upgrades, and a whole data pad full of schematics, and the entire repair history of the Ebonhawk to read up on. He heaved the duffle bag over his shoulder and thanked the men after they installed his official Chief of Engineering officer's badge into his omni, and went back home. He spent two hours packing, choosing carefully the meager things he'd be able to take. Some books, an amulet from his mother, come extra civvies for shore leaves, four uniform sets (two had been given to him at supply as well), one of which he changed into. A proud, red jacket with a black under shirt, heavy-fabric black pants and thick leather boots, the Engineering symbol in silver on both his bicep sleeves.

Once he was packed, he took one slow look at his home. With a heavy sigh, he heaved one duffle bag over his shoulder, followed by his satchel, and grabbed the other duffle in his hand. The door locked behind him for the last time for who knows how long. He'd only been on this station growing up, until he'd graduated. Then moved here and been here for nearly six years.

Finally, a mission. He'd earned his position. With a confidence born of long-fought hard work, he headed for the loading terminal. And, consequently, the Ebonhawk.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 03:36 AM

Walking slowly down the hallways, she wondered who the Commander was. Who the rest of the crew was. Looking at shops as she passed, she wondered if she should buy anything. Everyone had a home. She did not. Yet her file indicated this would be a long trip. Time perhaps, if she was lucky, for hobbies. Suddenly, Trinity felt excited. A yearning of sorts. Turning, she walked back to one of the shops she had passed.

Going inside, she looked around. Her bag was packed by the security office. It would not have room for more trivial things. So tucking her helmet under one arm, the arm carrying the bag, she used her other hand to pick up a new bag. Then she enjoyed shopping. Not just there but in several shops. She picked up, somewhat hesitantly, some books for her tablet. Some drawing supplies, small trip gardening supplies, and a few random musical instruments. Now she had a hobby bag as well. Smiling as she completed her purchases, she headed for the Ebonhawk.

Reaching the docking bay, Trinity wondered slowly around. She knew that the Ebonhawk wouldn't be big, but when she finally ventured into the correct place, her mouth gaped open. It wasn't just small. It was insanely small. Not large enough for a crew of 1,000 much less a decent amount of passengers. If it had passengers, it must surely only hold a few hundred. This was not what she had in mind. Just what the heck was their mission that they would go in something so small?

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 03:46 AM

She was a tiny, small, and gorgeous thing. Lyt'n had to stop near the landing deck just to stare up at her, her glimmering hull. Her brand new coat of paint, the beautifully painted Ebonhawk on her hind end. His fingers itched, he wanted to get into the schematics as soon as he could. She was small, but she was fast, he could feel it in his core. She was not a thing to be reckoned with. Just because she was small didn't mean she didn't have fire power, and damn did he know she did.

He couldn't wait to board her.

When he saw the hatch down, he headed that way towards the boarding dock. The senior officers would likely have some sort of a meeting before the ship left, introducing everyone and getting clean on their mission, whatever that would be. He promised himself he'd drop his things off in his assigned dwelling and then book it to the Engine room to take a look at her insides. It was almost agonizing not to hear her thrumming, roaring with life he knew hid inside her circuitry. She was busy being fueled, filled and indexed. But they'd be out there in the Void soon enough, and she'd be roaring like the panther she was meant to be -- he'd make sure of that.

While he was staring, he very nearly ran into a gaping woman dressed in blue, just barely veering to the left to avoid careening into her. "Whoa! Sorry--"

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 03:57 AM

Startled, Trinity turned and stared at the Runan that had skirted her. Blinking and looking between the Ebonhawk and him, she cleared her throat. "Hello. You are assigned to this boat?" She used her chin to nod up at the docked ship. "I'm Trinity, security, Captain." She offered her hand out to shake. Felt funny to be formal in any way but she didn't mind this one small sign of civility. Time to get used to being around others again outside of her old group.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 04:01 AM

It took Lyt'n a moment to catch up, having to steady himself. The gravity on the station was significantly lighter than his on, and occasionally he still lost his balance, especially in a situation like this. He shifted a little to right himself before glancing up at the ship at her nod, then looking back at her. She looked...very proper. He felt a sting of curiosity. Well, that would have made a bad first impression, running into the Captain.

"Lyt'n M'nor," He replied, taking her hand gently with his unoccupied. Hers, too, was warmer than his. But he had gotten used to that, as well. "Sorry about nearly plowing you over. I'm Chief of Engineering, it's a pleasure to meet you, Captain." He had to square his shoulders a little to feel a little more...official. "Most call me Layton, it's easier to pronounce."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 01:26 PM

"Well, you can call me Trinity. Unless you want me to address you as Chief." She stepped back and looked at the Ebonhawk. "I was expecting something a bit, different, from what we are assigned to. What are your first observations from looking at her? Can she fly?"

Trinity partially wanted to see what he was knowledgeable in, but also to hear him speak. She found his voice pleasant and relaxing. After being on alert for so long, it would be nice to be around people who weren't constantly trying not to die.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 02:10 PM

"Oh, she can fly," a smile split his face, already bright eyes almost glowing neon green. He adjusted his grip on his bag, looking up at the ship. "She's small for maneuvers, a speedster. Not small enough to be a scout, mind you, but nearly. She's got an intense fire power, and one photon canon, three phaser ports," he motioned with his hand, pointing out tiny markings on the underside since she was currently all closed up. The ports were hard to tell.

"Warp, maybe six, maybe seven, I'll have to check her engines. She's faster than a lot of vessels here, which is good. And explains her durability, and reputation for scrappiness. She can fight, she can dodge, and she can hide. Something this small wouldn't too difficult to cloak, making her easy to avoid from sonar detection. She's built for recon, Captain. Trinity," he corrected at the last second. "And I can guarantee you, she'll be a sleeping lion with me in the engines."

Last edited by Mobius; 04-10-2014 at 04:06 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 04:01 PM

Grinning at his obvious spunk, Trinity led the two of them towards the docking door. "Well Layton, you seem to have fallen in love at first sight. What do you our mission might be?" she asked companionably. Walking up to the dock door, it opened with a swish.

A security officer stood there, a pad in his hands. "Ma'am. Sir. Welcome aboard the Ebonhawk. Please place your two first fingers on here please," he said extending the pad to them.

"Not the thumb?" Trinity asked, placing her two first fingers on the pad.

"No ma'am," he responded, checking the results. "Captain, they are new orders. You will have more information at the terminal in your office. Something about avoiding having chameleons sneaking on board." She nodded, realizing he would be working for her.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 04:06 PM

"She's my first," Lyt'n sighed dreamily, more for comedy than for actually being serious. But he couldn't really deny that it was true, or that he hadn't fallen in love. It was hard not to. He'd been working to be a Senior Officer since he joined the Engineering Academy, and here he was. And only 27. Can you imagine?

He waited patiently for Trinity to go first with the young man with the data pad, and took his time admiring the peek of bulkheads inside. He turned, briefly, to look out over the entry ramp at the landing mechanisms, their hydraulics visible since the legs were down. Bright and shiny.

When the young man began talking to Trinity about the orders, he stepped up and followed her lead by setting his two fingers on the data pad, albeit lightly. "Will our room assignments we sent to our omnitool?" Captain would likely have the larger quarters, just short of the other commanding officer. Lyt'n didn't expect much for himself, and he was content with that. He'd sleep under the control consoles if need be.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 PM

Trinity waited inside as Layton asked his question. The security guard shook his head. "Everything is being sent directly. Anything you want on your omnitool will have to be placed there from your workstation or terminal. Be sure to do so directly. Until we leave, nothing is to be wireless. Even though, we advice you be careful and use encryption for everything." He tried to be as professional as he could, as his boss was right there.

Suppressing a grin, Trinity waved goodbye, "I'll see you at the officers briefing Chief." The security guard was sure trying to impress her. She better return the favor by sticking to protocol of what was "proper." Time to go find her room, drop off her stuff, and start learning exactly what this job was going to require. Recon huh?

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 04:25 PM

"Encryption I can do," he took his hand back and picked his second duffle up off the floor where he'd set it to free his hands. When Trinity stared off towards her cabin, he waved with a free hand. "Aye, Captain. See you in briefing." With that same free hand, he patted the young man's shoulder and stepped past him, winking briefly. When he spoke, he lowered his voice. "Be careful with that one, I've heard she's got some fire to her."

With that, he left the terminal. And oh, was she a beauty. He took his time walking, looking over the gleaming bulkheads, the shimmering holoscreens. The command deck, the lift. He stopped at a terminal for general use to find his cabin assignment. Once he had the floor and number, he hit the button for the lift. About ten minutes later he was keying in a new security code for his room, then stepped in. A small bed, a couch, a door to his shared bathroom with the person next door. His desk, and of course, his computer terminal. He dropped his duffle bags on the couch and tugged at the lapels of his Engineering jacket, before going to sit at his terminal. From it he produced a cord to attach to his omnitool...and then began his downloading of assignments, his Chief Engineering override codes for carious sections of the underbelly, and again, all of his schematics. He had them on a secure data pad, but he preferred to have them on the omnitool as well. Always helped to have those on hand.

Once that was done, he spent the remainder of his time poking through the terminal, looking through all the information he'd been gifted with, at least until it came time for the debriefing.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 05:05 PM

Finding her room, she set up her own password and walked on inside. Oh what fun this place was. It was decent sized and she liked the extra space she had as an officer. It was a very basic setup. Bed, desk, chair, and dresser. There was so much empty space. She tilted her head and looked over at her terminal. She had stored up a lot of credits. Why not use a few? Dropping her two bags onto the bed, she walked over and accessed the station catalog. She wanted a few things.

Going through it, she ordered a sofa and an armchair, a coffee table, a dining table with four chairs, some shelves with shields in case gravity was lost. That way nothing on them would fall or float away. A shelving unit with the same features. Looking over at the far side, she added to her purchases a small counter that came with a stove and oven unit and a water unit. Bar stools would go with that well too. Making a few side purchases to that, she grinned and sat back. Maybe this could be her first "home" so to speak.

Walking over to her bed, she easily unpacked the bag security had ready for her. It didn't take long to put everything in it's place. Then she downloaded all the information she needed to memorize into her pad and sat on her bed. Waiting for her orders from the station to arrive, she started working on all the passwords and memorizing the layouts as much as she could. This was only a start. She would have to visit with a lot of the crew to be even halfway decent at her job.

An hour later, her purchases were being delivered. She set up her home so that the room you walked into was a living room, dining room, and kitchen. With sitting area for people to comfortably enjoy themselves, she placed her zin garden on the coffee table with several general magazines of historical interest. The dinging table had vases of rocks decorating it. A shelve near the window was where she placed her small collection of books. The kitchen was a small affair with a cooler and freezer on the far wall next to the replicator.

The second room next to it was her bedroom with her work desk. She kept her art supplies in here. There was an empty space against one wall in her bedroom that now housed a small garden with appropriate lighting carefully above each row of plants. Her room was probably her most simply room overall. Next to that was the sonic showers. With everything finally unpacked and in place, she decided a shower was just the thing. Might as well be presentable after all this for the debriefing.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 05:29 PM

Lyt'n finished going over things for his first initial study, and turned his attention to his room. He swiveled his chair around to look over the smaller room. His was a larger room than standard officers, but not very big. Just the bed, couch, terminal, desk, and a dresser. He had some shelves inset into the wall above the bed, and a dividing wall between the bed and the couch/terminal area. Near the terminal was a replicater. At least he could make coffee and stuff, he'd program some home favorites too.

He slapped his knees briefly before standing. he shed his red jacket, leaving black pants and a black turtleneck undershirt, and went to unpack. He tucked his uniforms and civvies into his dresser, then tucked his books and repair kits into the shelves above the bed, turning the shields on. With that done, he tucked his various shoes into cubbies beneath his bed, then stood in the middle of his room to inspect. Still pretty sterile, but it was his. He looked pleased. With a nod he gathered up his data pad and his jacket, then left his room.

Time to explore. And his first choice was the Cafeteria, to get a good cup of coffee. Not the replicated stuff, which was fine. But not as good as fresh brew.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 06:38 PM

Stepping of the shower and dressing once again in her blue suit, she looked herself over carefully in the mirror. Her brown hair was long and straight with the slightest of waves in it. She liked her hair, which was why it wasn't cut short. Still, it was her outfit that she preferred. Her last mission had been on a moon with a basic atmosphere. The people there were suspicious of those who didn't dress like them. Wearing such antiques had bothered her. She preferred her suit. And it was very much hers. No one else wore one that looked like it.

Designed and crafted, it protected her very literally from the elements. It was fireproof to a point and time, kept water out and steadied her body temperature. To an extent, it deflected knives and other bladed weapons. Useful when you are in charge of security. It allowed flexibility which lent her body wings when it came to moving fast and agilely. Something she was also a bit smug about. Her omni device had been carefully upgraded and customized to work with the suit. She could create shields that held up under some pretty awesome explosions. The memory of one in particular made her eyes shine in remembrance.

However, it was very unique in that she had had a friend design something for her. It was his last invention that she knew of before his death. It created a very literal dark hole. Small and unstable, it lasted maybe 5 seconds. Long enough to do some damage. When it was first created, it only worked in a yard radius, wrapping up everything it touched into a tight twisted ball that just blinked out of existence. However, he had managed an upgrade for it, expanding the range to three yards radius in all directions. She loved it. Less blood and no bodies that way.

Turning, she headed into the main room and set the lights to a very specific setting. It was dimmer than most people liked and a security feature she appreciated. If people broke through her encrypted door without permission, the lights would brighten as are normal. She would know when she returned then that someone had been in her room. Setting a few hidden cameras also helped. Then she was on her way.

It was almost supper time. The officer's meeting would be held in a conference room according to her notes. She checked the menu planned and approved. Eating with others would be hard. It would save her precious ingrediants though. Having non-replicated food would become rare after awhile. She had time to chill for a brief bit. Going to one of the holodeck rooms, this ship only had three, she ran her favorite program and went inside. It was a place she had only heard about.

In the holodeck was a whole new world. You walked in and were standing high in the air on a clear, invisible dome. All around you was bright blue sky, a wind gently tugging at your hair. Far below, too small to see in great detail, was a large metropolis. It was a place called Macross Frontier. She walked some distance from the entrance, her body suit's boots gripping the dome easily. Laying down, she grinned up at the sky. It appeared that she was floating, though the dome was solid against her back. Lifting up her pad, she concentrated and started studying.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM

The mess hall was somewhat busy, people mingling and meeting, some already knowing each other. Lyt'n made his way around them, weaving between people, greeting others in Engineering Red vests. Some stopped him, greeting him enthusiastically. They were all young, some fresh out of academy. He was grateful for that, he'd hate to have stepped on anyone's shoes by getting the Senior position. He gently excused himself, desperate for that coffee.

It wasn't that he wasn't used to command, he was in command on the station of the night shift. This was a wee bit different, though.

By the time Lyt'n had his coffee, he was squinting. He'd forgotten how bright florescence could be. Once the coffee was his and he had a sip or three, he headed back towards his room to get his contacts. He made sure the room was dimmed for his return, too, only at about forty percent brightness. He lifted the temperature as well, since he'd likely get to work and go to sleep as soon as his shift was over--he'd be up almost twenty-four hours, he guessed.

The contacts were like the lens version of sunglasses, dark and polarized. He tucked them in, turning his neon-coloured eyes a dusky forest green. But things were darker, and wouldn't strain his eyes quite so bad. Which was nice. Once they were in, he picked his coffee back up and went back to exploring, keeping himself carefully OUT of the engineering floors. He'd never make it to the meeting if he got himself lost there, falling in love all over again.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 08:18 PM

Feeling more comfortable with the passwords she had to know for all the locations and over riding personal ones, she moved on to the general layout of the ship. There were a few guest quarters that of particular importance to her. Anyone someone that wasn't a crew member would spend a lot of time were areas she had to know. Looking through those and memorizing the fastest routes from one area to another as well as detour routes, Trinity figured she better start walking it to learn them better. There was a personnel list she wanted to go over in more detail as well. Most people started with the "big wigs" but she started with the small people. Those who went unnoticed about their day.

It was suppertime when her omni device alerted her to head for the meeting. Sitting up, she carefully closed out the data she had been looking at. Then standing and walking down the dome, she said, "Computer, end program." The door materialized in front of her and she left the holodeck behind. Working her way through to the conference room, she stepped inside and was greeted by several people. Shaking hands as she went, she found a seat and followed suit of those who had been here earlier but putting some food on her plate. There were light snacks but plenty. She opted for the fruit and cheese, bypassing the breads, meats, and other hand foods sitting on the table. Then leaning back, she waited.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-10-2014, 08:35 PM

While Lyt'n moved around the ship, he touched. Touched the bulkheads, the light fixtures. Memorizing, hallways, doors. Rooms and view ports. It was with some reluctance that he looked down at his omnitool, touching the screen. That was his cue. With a heavy sigh he turned away from the view port he was looking out, watching as the ship was continued to be supplied, and turned. Within the next ten minutes he was there, one of the later of the Senior Officers to arrive.

With prompting, Lyt'n took to the meal line, got some meats and bread, and a couple of fruits. Then a glass of water, and with that, he turned to observe the others. A couple people greeted him, head of Medical, head of Tactics. He greeted them in kind, until he saw that familiar head of wavy hair.

And that was the seat he took, settling in the chair beside Trinity with a grin. "Howdy, Captain. Fancy meeting you here."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 PM

Glancing over at him, she grinned, "Why Chief, it is a pleasure to see you again. Fancy you turning up. I don't suppose it was because of the food was it? What else would take you away from dreaming about this boat?" The fellow was very likable, she would give him that.

"Have you had a chance to settle in yet?" Giving a surprised look, she added, "Or have you managed to make it to your room? You didn't bed down in engineering or something did you?"