Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 AM

That's what I was thinking. That they would be an npc item, but I don't think it really says for sure anywhere. :(

*hopes Channah puts some items up one of these days*

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Yeah, I don't think it does either. :sweat:
Least I haven't heard. D:

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Though I will say that I do have an issue with having to compete with an NPC for sales. Especially when he's auctioning them off at less than half of the going rate. It doesn't really make donating for more items to post up for sale appealing to me.
Just a though, one thing to consider is that NPC auctions are a form of gold sink. Instead of charging, say 5% of the sale price of all sales, we can auction off the occasional item to collect 'fees' that way.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Sooo, does that mean, the cows are not going away? :ninja:

The Auctioneer
Better than Santa!
NPC

Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Though I will say that I do have an issue with having to compete with an NPC for sales. Especially when he's auctioning them off at less than half of the going rate. It doesn't really make donating for more items to post up for sale appealing to me.
If you're referring to older items, then I assure you that my deals in the future will not be so generous as my "introduction rates"/"celebration of the Marketplace" rates (however you would prefer I refer to it as). After the current auctions end, my prices will, in general, follow current market value, with some "special auctions" on the much rarer items, depending on my stock and the current atmosphere of the Marketplace.

If you're referring to this month's CIs - I see your point and had no intention of undercutting anyone. My intentions were purely to make available more of these items. I'll sell no more of these this month and in the future restrain myself only to selling a month's CI's as "preview" items or after their month has ended.

My apologies to anyone who felt awkward. As has been said before, there is a learning curve for everyone and nothing is being done maliciously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
I hope there are more, I really really really hope there are more...And I hope it doesn't go away after this month too. Like have it be the auctioneer's special npc item that he'll throw out into the market once in a while.
You know? But I can totally see them poofing after this month. * n*
I can happily announce that current donations have made available I have liberated another 10 Blue Gows and another 10 How Now brown cows. I'll continue to auction them off at a few sets a day, attempting to find ending times for the auctions that reach different groups of Menewshans and their online activity time.

Depending on how many I'm able to liberate during the month will determine how many I'll have available during the future. I'm fairly certain I can liberate enough for the items to not be excessively rare, but I'm not as young as I used to be, so we'll see how things pan out with my contacts.

Lauryn de Vampyre
Zydrate Addict
Send a message via AIM to Lauryn de Vampyre Send a message via Yahoo to Lauryn de Vampyre

Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM

These items were REALLY well done and the alien one is extremely original to Menewsha! <3
(Though they are not to my personal tastes, so now I wait another month to see when I can spend my mennies. :p)

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 PM

Thanks so much, Mr. Auctioneer. :) I really want to obtain both cows from you if at all possible, so knowing there will be more in existence for me to try my hand at grabbing makes me happy!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 03-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Yes I too hope to have a set of the cows from the marketplace...so please don't make them insanely rare/expensive as I'm horrible at holding onto money. :<

I don't want them to be a dime a dozen, but at the same time I think 1.5k/2k each is more than fair...the price I saw them selling at...12k....kinda steep. D:

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post
I think 1.5k/2k each is more than fair...the price I saw them selling at...12k....kinda steep. D:
I agree, that price seems definitely fair. =3

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 PM

Soooo cute. I want to get a blue gow...but I don't know how much I would use it and if it would be worth the price. hmmm... xD

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 PM

Blue cow?

NEED THESE WILL BUY TOMORROW OMG D:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 AM

It was the new CI's up for 100 with an auction running for 6 hours in the wee morning hours that annoyed me. I think the other older items on their is a great way to introduce more of them into the system.

And wow that's awesome that you'd hold off on your profits like that Auctioneer to give us a chance to sell them. :) And thank-you for the rose. *knows it doesn't make much sense on this avatar but I'm wearing it anyway*

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM

Did I honestly not post in here? :o

Great work, wish and Iro! :boogie:

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 03-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Hmm, have the How Nows and Blue Gows finally run out? D: I haven't seen any in the marketplace for a couple of days and was still hoping to get some.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM

I was wondering about that too. I hope the Auctioneer will be able to steal acquire more mutant cows and Gows to sell! :O

Neon Blob
Banned

Old 03-13-2011, 06:12 AM

MOO.

mercymerie2
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-14-2011, 05:40 AM

Take me to your leader is my fave of the two. I like the alien cow and the eyes!

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM

I am glad to see they have sold quite a few blue and brown cows. I hope it continues for awhile since so many people want them. I would love to auction only items like this happen on a more regular basis. Its amazing gold sink since there is no other way to obtain them. And yet, its not unfair, I don't think, because it's not some elusive rare item that can only be bought with really money. YAY FOR GOLD SINKS!!! ^_^ Knowing that, that is happening makes me want to be more active since I have something to quest for again and it also is nice to see something help control inflation in a very positive and fun way. <33

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-16-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
I am glad to see they have sold quite a few blue and brown cows. I hope it continues for awhile since so many people want them. I would love to auction only items like this happen on a more regular basis. Its amazing gold sink since there is no other way to obtain them. And yet, its not unfair, I don't think, because it's not some elusive rare item that can only be bought with really money. YAY FOR GOLD SINKS!!! ^_^ Knowing that, that is happening makes me want to be more active since I have something to quest for again and it also is nice to see something help control inflation in a very positive and fun way. <33
crunky:

Can I give you a hug? This in particular...
Quote:
makes me want to be more active since I have something to quest for again
A big part of avatar sites is questing, but somewhere along the line a lot of Mene people seem to have forgotten that. Or, in their heads, questing has transmuted into I'll save up for something for 3 weeks then bitch if I can't get it that quickly, and then bitch more about inflation.

I know I bang on about this, but on Gaia you can quest for something for years and never get it, I don't understand why some people on here give up before they even reach the first hurdle because they want to get the items that they desire instantly, AND, for some extremely strange reason, seem to feel that they are ENTITLED to be able to get every item that they desire, with very little effort and minimal gold outlay, and absolutely no spending of real cash.

My theory on this is because younger people in general just get given whatever they want all the time by their parents, so they have no concept of having to work for something. Kids with expensive gadgets that they regularly break and lose and just get bought another one, kids who get given expensive gifts for basically just managing to get out of bed in the morning. I suppose I really shouldn't be suprised when someone who's used to being given whatever they demand throws a fit at having to quest for something, should I?

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM

jellysundae - yay! I love hugs! X3

I totally get what you are saying. I think that is why I have withdrawn from other sites because it went from questing to buying your way to what you want only. Nothing was special anymore or required any effort. Once I didn't feel like questing was worth it, I left a site. Half of the fun is the time you spend questing and searching for that special item and than actually wearing it. I rarely change my avatar because I love my quested items and I enjoy using them. I am willing to make a special exception for the cows though. xD I don't want it to be just about getting tons of items just to have them but working hard for the items that I really want and plan to wear. (On a side note, I love the Jelly head....that is hilarious! xD )

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-16-2011, 04:52 PM

I have yet to find the culprit for that head, Yan denies all knowledge, so it has to be Wishie :ninja: :lol:

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM

lol, that's great, I love seeing totally random items show up for no reason. xD
I have been meaning to ask you, what is that red blur on your avatar? It kind of looks like it might be blood but that doesn't seem quite right to me. oO

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Yep, it's blood, from the Fright Night CI from last month :)

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM

oh ok, thank you very much for letting me know. That makes more sense now since it looks like there is movement as if someone was slashing you. I need to get back in the loop on new items. xD

I really love the blue skin of the current CI. Skins are always a good idea in my book! *nods*