Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 AM

Here are the current top 10 threads in order of likes. Please not that we only count likes that occurred from our site, and therefore we have the ability to track. There is still plenty of time to win it guys :)

LIKE THIS GIVEAWAY!? OPEN! WANT AN EASY 100G? COME INSIDE! KING'S CROWN RAFFLE! 54

What makes you keep coming back? 25

________WE LOVE MENE <3 [Want to help donate $200+ to Mene?] 24

The Concession Stand ➌ Ratings ➋ New Releases ➊ Fav Snacks {^.^} 15

❀ The Wallflower Corner ❀ Insert Vague Foreshadowing of DOOM ❀ 14

» Tales of the Random Corner « 13

The Menewsha Herald - Mene's weekly news publication <Looking for editor> 9

؏ Nobody here but us servantless American cooks...(or whatever other nationality you may be) ؏ OPEN FOR BUSINESS! 7

The Playground- A Parent Hangout 7

It's worth mentioning that at the end of the contest I will be checking over the counts more closely. I know wallflowers count is higher than is shown (due to a facebook hiccup) and the current 2nd place had a lot of likes originate off site that we cannot track and therefore cannot apply to the contest. (If we can't tell what IP made the like we cannot credit you for it)

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 09-21-2010, 03:10 AM

They're doing really good. :)

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 03:26 AM

Whoo Go Logan!

Edit: Where are my manors
Good luck to everyone as well

-does a quick dance-

Last edited by Vickyll3; 09-21-2010 at 03:35 AM..

JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 09-21-2010, 03:40 AM

What better way to get likes than giving away free mene items/gold?! Nice job guys;)

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 06:55 AM

Good luck you guys. ^^

Gary Stargazer
Kitsune of Lust
Send a message via AIM to Gary Stargazer Send a message via MSN to Gary Stargazer Send a message via Yahoo to Gary Stargazer

Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 AM

so bribery for likes is the tactic huh? Well they didn't set any rules so i guess it's fair enough.

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 AM

Good luck to everybody competing. ^^

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Go Logan!
What happened to windys thread?? 0____o
Ohh never mind there it is lol.

red rose
\ (•◡•) /
Banned
Send a message via AIM to red rose

Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 AM

yay logan, deserves it for all the free stuff he hands out^.^

Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 AM

Good luck everyone!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 PM

Well, this is interesting to say the least.

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-21-2010, 01:35 PM

*Munchs popcorn*
We could take bets on the possible winners

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM

good job everyone!

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 09-21-2010, 05:34 PM

Wow, good luck everyone!

But the Parent Hangout says it has 59 likes... I have a screenshot, if you want.

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-21-2010, 05:48 PM

Good luck everyone <3

Also, I thought that it was just likes in general that got counted, not just liked from people from the Mene communit? o.O

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM

They do, according to the F.A.Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
This post will be for any questions you guys have that people ask during the thread, just so you have a place to come back to if you don't want to read the entire thread.

Frequently Asked Questions (+ Tips!)

What's in it for me to vote for other peoples' threads?
Don't forget that you can "Like" a thread and earn gold for yourself! 25 gold for each Like you make and you can earn up to 50 gold a day from Likes. :)

But I don't have that many friends on Menewsha... Why should I try?
That's fine - the "Like" doesn't have to be from a logged-in user. It can be from any of your Facebook friends. So go ahead and pimp your thread!

Can I "Like" my own thread?
Go for it. If you don't Like it enough to vote for it... ;)

But some people have lots of Facebook accounts. D: Couldn't they cheat?
Insomniac says that there are some measures in place to stop that from happening.

Is this open to people all over the world?
Absolutely! I do have the restriction that if it costs (Insomniac) over $80 to ship we'll either have to work something out, or send you something else.

What forums can we post our thread in and be eligible?
Any forum. Nations, Avatar Chat, Books - whatever. They just have to be a new thread and they must be still in existence on September 30th. (So no breaking the site posting rules and having your thread deleted.)

Is there a content restriction for the entry threads?
Nope, not really. Just as long as it stays within site rules, was created after the first post of this thread, and has the most Likes, it's good. Your chances are, of course, much better if you created a thread that people would want to Like, though.
I think what Inso is saying, is the IP addresses aren't trackable. So if someone is useing a proxy or something on a facebok account it's not counted.

I think.

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRose View Post
Wow, good luck everyone!

But the Parent Hangout says it has 59 likes... I have a screenshot, if you want.
That might be so, but only 9 came from people who actually viewed the thread. 5 being users of the site, and 4 being users who weren't registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexatious~Venom View Post
Good luck everyone <3

Also, I thought that it was just likes in general that got counted, not just liked from people from the Mene communit? o.O
It is, but if you take the like button and put it on another site, we cannot count it because we don't know what page it was on, what IP clicked the like, or anything like that.

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM

I see. I assumed that when we were told that we could share it on facebook, that was all that was needed. Didn't know they actaully had to view the page.

So does that mean all the people who liked it have to view the thread and re-like it?

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I see. I assumed that when we were told that we could share it on facebook, that was all that was needed. Didn't know they actaully had to view the page.

So does that mean all the people who liked it have to view the thread and re-like it?
That is correct, the like has to occur on-site. The goal was to have people make interesting threads, but if people aren't visiting the threads, they obviously don't think it's interesting. The main reason for this requirement is so people don't create fake facebook accounts to get their likes up, and us not being able to tell if they were real or not.

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 PM

Okay, thanks for clarifying this.

You know how family can be. "You want me to click like? SURE!

...now what was that for?"
:XD

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Okay, thanks for clarifying this.

You know how family can be. "You want me to click like? SURE!

...now what was that for?"
:XD
Hahaha yeah :) Too bad facebook didn't make it easier to work out where likes came from :(

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 11:13 PM

Lols @ Inso's siggy.
That is so random xD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 PM

I know I love that siggy.

No matter who wins this idea was really cool and it's an awesome contest to begin with. It will be interesting to see if any of these threads are the winners or if some random new thread takes it from behind.

Sanrio
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-21-2010, 11:34 PM

So, the only likes that actually count come from people on Mene? Or is it that they have to actually view the page? Because I know a lot of my likes came from people that were not from Mene, but they actually viewed the page. And my thread has 83 likes right now too. ^^

Flish
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-21-2010, 11:34 PM

Gasp! Kinny needs to bribe for the likes? D8 He just wants an honorable mention. ;D