Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM

So, they lift the selling ban to get the items in circulation.... and half the people in this thread vow never ever to sell?

Fair enough. XD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 12-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Great, now if I could only figure out which items I got from the GBA, and which ones I got in the Quest Raffle.....

(I put them both together in a "Keep" drawer, and I have a terrible memory)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-16-2010, 09:10 PM

I think this is a pretty fair thing. :]
I never bothered trying to get stuff from that, because like you said, there were the same old rich users buying everything each time, so it just became kind of useless for anybody else. D: Buut, it served well, and I know plenty of peple that loved getting their items from it. ^^ And probably quite a few will be happy to be able to sell some of the stuff now. So, I agree that this was a good idea and look forward to seeing what else you guys can come up with to do with the items. :]

Fulkth
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 PM

Hmm, makes sense to me.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
So, they lift the selling ban to get the items in circulation.... and half the people in this thread vow never ever to sell?

Fair enough. XD
I admit I found it funny and slightly ironic. But I totally understand why one would want to keep the items. Especially if it was something they prized.

That said, I wish I had been able to have been here for the GBA but I wasn't. I can't really miss what I never knew. I don't think I would have done good on winning anything anyway. Lady Luck seems to have a love/hate relationship with me, lol.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-17-2010, 03:09 AM

I still wont be letting go of my bee slippers....I love them too much!

but I do hope this does bring things back into circulation.

the antitwite
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-17-2010, 03:39 AM

wow i never actually heard of it... its great using the items from banned accounts though :)

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 12-17-2010, 06:02 AM

I had never heard of it before. But good to know that someday there may be a way to get some of the items back into circulation.

atkdid
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to atkdid Send a message via MSN to atkdid

Old 12-17-2010, 02:09 PM

I never participated in it, but it seems like a good enough idea in theory! I wouldn't have the gold to get much from it anyway :D

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 12-17-2010, 05:27 PM

...Yeah, could we perhaps PM you individually to ask which items of ours were obtained from the GBA? Even better, maybe a list of the items we obtained from the GBA and from the Quest Raffle.

Just a thought, considering I myself can only remember a few items I got from either of 'em. :sweat: And I don't want to go around stupidly selling stuff I have no right to, and getting myself banned. D:

Not that I usually sell stuff, though. I can't even remember the last thing I bought from another user. :rofl: But nevertheless, just in case, y'know? ;)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-17-2010, 05:36 PM

If people can't remember what they got from the Quest Rafle we can let them know so they don't sell the stuff by mistake. But irrelevant knowing what you got from the GBA though, yes?

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 AM

The GBA will be missed.

That auction was so helpful for the users that wanted their items.

But at least now, the items will be circulating, I hope.

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 12-18-2010, 03:22 AM

The only thing I won from the GBA was my bunny plush. >D I think...
Oh well, I'll never sell it anyways \o/ I love me some bunnehs :insane:

Sad to see it go, though! Hope to see it back some time or another~

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-19-2010, 01:33 AM

Aw, sad to know. >: I hoped for another one sometime soon... ^^;

bl4cksh4dow
Yumeh's #1 Fan

Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 AM

-comes back from hiding- :ninja:

Oh no, I'm sad to hear that the GBA is going!! :cry:
But alas, I understand your reason to say farewell!
I'll miss GBA, I had good times and memories from participating! <33

I remember hearing about the GBA from a friend who told me about it after joining Mene. I was super anxious to participate in one!~

After two or three months after my joined date, I remember I was able to participate in my first one! It was quite exciting and I successfully won the "Cloak of Healing"!! ^o^b

Then I remember participating a second time in the GBA and it had the big ticket items, Oriental Fan and Pudao of Time at that time :shock:

I tried bidding for the Oriental Fan, but I wasn't able to compete with the others after getting outbid and the bidding skyrocket right before my eyes :XD

Then I decided to do the next best thing, go bid on the Pudao of Time! It was quite a sight to see that there weren't any other bidders on this item, so I was super happy to have won Pudao of Time!! :boogie:

In the end, I find that I like this item better than the Oriental Fan... just because it's blue and matches with my outfit!! lol ^O^v

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-20-2010, 11:09 PM

I got my name in an announcement. Awesome :cool: xP

Aylin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 AM

Oh, that's sad... I was hoping to get some more old items from the GBA... but at least I got my beloved Spirit of Atlantis from it... ^^

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Thank you staff and Eroy for the GBA. It was awesome while it lasted and without it, I couldn't have gotten the one item I really wanted.

Since I'm leaving, now I'll be able to return it to where it belongs, with the other players on Mene.

Thanks again. <3

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 12-21-2010, 02:41 PM

LillieRose:, I remember you... you were nice to me... You are leaving? :(

I never took part in the GBA but yes it did seem that always the same people were winning the stuff and that was one of the reasons why I never participated in them. But it was a great idea while it lasted. Probably in the early stages it was much more efective.

Last edited by Pa-pancake; 12-21-2010 at 02:43 PM..

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 PM

Farwell, my sweet. I was able to get an item from it once upon a time and the bidding was always fun * u*)/
Glad to know that the rest of the items won't go to a waste and hopefully the ability to resell the items will help with the circulation.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-21-2010, 03:49 PM

It is sad to see the GBA going away, but it is good to hear you are going to have other ways to get some of these items. I remember back in the day I did particpate and I think I won once when I had my old charity... but yeah... I remember seeing the same people wining over and over again becuase they had the most gold for it.

Thank you to every one who ran and helped with the GBA, I'm sure you have a lot of fun and intresting things in store for us instead.

Meh Ish Dum
Devout follower of Jesus Christ

Old 12-22-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseCherryBlossom View Post
The only GBA I knew was the game boy advance hehe.

That sounded kind of unfair anyway for the people who didn't have a lot of gold...
I thought I was the only one thinking about that. xDD I really thought they were having like Game Boy Advance sales going on here, & I was like "what the...."

Well, glad to hear that you got rid of it and that we won't be as jipped as we were. :3

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-22-2010, 05:45 PM

It actually was the point. x3 You sometimes could win things like slipper set for jsut few thousands of gold... XD It was quite a great thing, imo. o:

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 12-22-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
It actually was the point. x3 You sometimes could win things like slipper set for jsut few thousands of gold... XD It was quite a great thing, imo. o:
I think I won Bee Slippers for 300g? And a Glacial Circlet for 50g.
Long time ago though xD

Oh, and RAINY! HAAAIII!!

Pulla
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-23-2010, 07:33 AM

GBA...I didn't even know something like this existed o__o