Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM

I think only having to pay $2.50 for an item with a PILE of poses is far worth it. Mene's users are absolutely spoiled when compared to other sites that make you charge per pose, should you want to wear them all together.

I like the recolor. Thanks for offering it!

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-18-2011, 03:00 PM

This is an interesting experiment. I love the recoloring. :)

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 05-18-2011, 04:22 PM

OMG I NEED IT.

i dont want to buy things on mene though, cuz... i never post ; A;

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Spirit Girl View Post
At least here we only have to get one of an item to use all the poses at once. On gaia we have to get a copy for each pose we want to wear at at a single time. I don't mind an extra item in the cash shop, but it would be nice if things like the scythes were bonuses for donating, rather than something unobtainable because it is not anywhere in the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I think only having to pay $2.50 for an item with a PILE of poses is far worth it. Mene's users are absolutely spoiled when compared to other sites that make you charge per pose, should you want to wear them all together.

Completely agree with these two ladies. :yes: This is exactly what was going through my mind as I was reading the thread.

I think the Auctioneer items are a neat idea, however I would like the option of being able to get those items as bonus items for donating a bit extra every month in addition to the Auctioneer selling them. Much like the Golden Mystic Faun Horns and the Silver Serpent Bracers. That way you could decide if you wanted to donate a bit extra and get them, or wait and try to get them from the Auctioneer.

Parasitic Panda
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-19-2011, 12:00 AM

:stare: I cannot say that I am happy about this. I think that adding this was a great idea, I'm just not thrilled that you are testing it out now after some people have already bought the monthly C.I.s (including me). Had I known I would have waited and bought this version instead. I really like the look of the black, but I can't splurge on this version even if it is for a small amount. As I am sure you are aware, not all of us can spend real money for our avatars. I like to make my monthly contribution and support all the wonderful work you do, but this kind of, for a lack of a better word, sucks.

Protagonist
(╯°□°)╯...
Send a message via AIM to Protagonist Send a message via MSN to Protagonist

Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasitic Panda View Post
:stare: I cannot say that I am happy about this. I think that adding this was a great idea, I'm just not thrilled that you are testing it out now after some people have already bought the monthly C.I.s (including me). Had I known I would have waited and bought this version instead. I really like the look of the black, but I can't splurge on this version even if it is for a small amount. As I am sure you are aware, not all of us can spend real money for our avatars. I like to make my monthly contribution and support all the wonderful work you do, but this kind of, for a lack of a better word, sucks.
Or, a slap in the face.
Same positions, just different colors.

In my opinion, they should have made a COMPLETELY different contribution item. Having two of the same gives people the chance to make 'broken' sets and fuck up the system x.x

Parasitic Panda
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
Or, a slap in the face.
Same positions, just different colors.

In my opinion, they should have made a COMPLETELY different contribution item. Having two of the same gives people the chance to make 'broken' sets and fuck up the system x.x
Yea that was kind of the feeling I got, and I know that is not what Mene is trying to do. I like to know that they are testing new things out, but I kind of stared at it going "You gotta be f---ing me". It should have been something different. A weapon, a cloak, or a new cute furry friend, but I guess no one thought that some people would see this as slight suckage. I'm trying not to rant, but I really wish that they thought about this a bit more.

Protagonist
(╯°□°)╯...
Send a message via AIM to Protagonist Send a message via MSN to Protagonist

Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasitic Panda View Post
Yea that was kind of the feeling I got, and I know that is not what Mene is trying to do. I like to know that they are testing new things out, but I kind of stared at it going "You gotta be f---ing me". It should have been something different. A weapon, a cloak, or a new cute furry friend, but I guess no one thought that some people would see this as slight suckage. I'm trying not to rant, but I really wish that they thought about this a bit more.
I also think they should have WAITED to do this at the BEGINNING of next month -shakes head-, because like you said, Im sure people put money aside for the new items..WHEN THEY COME OUT ON THE 1ST, NOT THE EFFING 17TH; you stated your funds were depleted from the beginning of the month, which is why I brought this up.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 AM

I personally like the recolor better than the original. I wish I'd seen this announcement earlier though. I saw people wearing it and assumed it was one of the auctioneer's items and bought it off of the marketplace when I could have donated instead. I guess I should have known it wasn't one of his though since it has multiple poses. ^^;

I like the idea of having a recolor or an extra CI but it might complicate things a bit when selling or buying "sets" in the exchange forum. It might also make it harder for those donating since they might not be able to afford all of them. I personally don't always buy the CIs because I don't always like the items but if there are more to chose from then there are better chances that there will be something I want to buy.

I also sort of liked the way you tacked an extra, smaller item, for those who donated twice/bought both of the CIs, though I never actually got one of them from donating.

Parasitic Panda
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-19-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
I also think they should have WAITED to do this at the BEGINNING of next month -shakes head-, because like you said, Im sure people put money aside for the new items..WHEN THEY COME OUT ON THE 1ST, NOT THE EFFING 17TH; you stated your funds were depleted from the beginning of the month, which is why I brought this up.
I have said all I can. I mean I already see that there are plenty of people who can afford (both fake and real money) to get this item. I guess if there are a few who take slight issue with morality of it then those won't count as much...I hope that's not the case, but that's usually how it rolls. But June's CI better be AMAZING or I shall wear my angry face. (Not that anyone is looking lol)

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 05-19-2011, 12:37 AM

Wow. @_@; Just wow. That's all I have to say.

It's.. pretty?
I don't get what you guys mean by 'unique'. This is just a recolor, not a new, unique item. x_o Three CIs would've been cool, maybe, if it was..

I also agree with mene users being 'spoiled'. But.. that's why were here and not other places that make you buy a million of one item to use them properly. :sweat: If mene starts doing things like other sites, which I understand can make them more of a profit, most of the time, it won't stand out as much from the other sites.

Anyhow... I already bought my money order for the next two month's items, so I suppose you'll be getting two of them in the mail from me. Lucky you, I have an extra 12,50 plus 49 cents of processing fee ;) But it would have been nice to know at the mbeginning of the month with the other CIs so I only had to pay one processing fee..

Last edited by Rainbows; 05-19-2011 at 12:46 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-19-2011, 01:55 AM

I'm all for the whole unique items idea. :O These are pretty~

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 05-19-2011, 04:38 AM

This rocks o.o!! <3

and I just got a job, so I can start donating again!!!!! <3333

Sandy
Paws Up!
Penpal

Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 AM

I am not complaining on my side, I love the recolor, black is luffle! ^^

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 AM

All this complaining is doing my head in.

I don't remember who said it, but of course this is about bringing in more money. If Mene doesn't get more donations, it will eventually shut down. It can't run on nothing.

And I'll reiterate the point of donations. Nowhere does it say that Mene is obliged to give out items to people who donate. Donating is supposed to be done with the intention of helping Mene, not demanding to get items for doing so.

Come on, guys, is it seriously impossible to cut these guys some slack whenever something new is introduced? They're trying their best to keep this site going by offering extra items and they just get shot down about it. How else do you think the bills get paid?

Sandy
Paws Up!
Penpal

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM

I totally agree there Spring!

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 05-19-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I also sort of liked the way you tacked an extra, smaller item, for those who donated twice/bought both of the CIs, though I never actually got one of them from donating.
We got a smaller item? o.o *checks inventory*

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 PM

I like this recolor lots :)
Thanks Mene!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring`Tyme Fresh View Post
All this complaining is doing my head in.

I don't remember who said it, but of course this is about bringing in more money. If Mene doesn't get more donations, it will eventually shut down. It can't run on nothing.

And I'll reiterate the point of donations. Nowhere does it say that Mene is obliged to give out items to people who donate. Donating is supposed to be done with the intention of helping Mene, not demanding to get items for doing so.

Come on, guys, is it seriously impossible to cut these guys some slack whenever something new is introduced? They're trying their best to keep this site going by offering extra items and they just get shot down about it. How else do you think the bills get paid?
I agree whole heartedly. I think what some people fail to understand is that they care more about their avatars and getting super kewl new itemz than helping maintain the actual site that holds the avatars they treasure so much. It's all pixels, guys. :roll: I mean, I loved getting a little something extra, and I would love if they continued to do that, but it isn't most important to me. Helping to keep Menewsha's community up should be what's most important. After all, from my understanding, that is the true point of sites like Mene, Gaia, etc...to be a part of a community. The avatars are just a piece of added fun.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post

COMPLETELY agree with Chi

If mene has no funds, then there would be little room for growth or even maintenance of this site, i think this is a fair "sacrifice".

I don't know why people expect Mene to just be free and whatnot. For some people Mene is part of their JOB, and the site is excellent and there has been a lot of improvements to our needs, you gotta take AND give. Just sayin' :)

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-19-2011, 03:17 PM

Ooo... lovely! Mene doesn't survive/function on pixels. I like this experiment. I look forward to more. I'll be donating extra at the end of the month. Can't do it now. D': School seriously groped my wallet and I need to fill up to a certain point again. If I had tons of expendable income, I would give it in a heartbeat. I love this little site, and I'd hate for something like money to be the reason that it shuts down. Last I heard donations don't bring in enough for all that needs to be paid out. So I don't think Mene is surfing on a colossal wave of cash with hands out for moar because it's a greedy corporation. Trust me, I know that type, first hand. >,>

*smooshes new shinies and hard working peeps before running off to the mines*

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 05-19-2011, 03:58 PM

I think it's a good idea, except for the 'surprise' part for peeps who have a strict budget. It's sort of a limited edition color, which seems perfectly fair. I doubt I'll pick it up because I don't like it as much as the colors I have now, but I'm sure in the future, if it's done again, I would.

Although I wouldn't say we're 'spoiled' I agree on the point made about not having to buy multiple items for extra poses. It really helps as far as gold/mennies go and I like how not cluttered it keeps the inventory.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guivre View Post
I think it's a good idea, except for the 'surprise' part for peeps who have a strict budget. It's sort of a limited edition color, which seems perfectly fair. I doubt I'll pick it up because I don't like it as much as the colors I have now, but I'm sure in the future, if it's done again, I would.

Although I wouldn't say we're 'spoiled' I agree on the point made about not having to buy multiple items for extra poses. It really helps as far as gold/mennies go and I like how not cluttered it keeps the inventory.
Girrrrl you look so fine with the old one! Can't wait to see what next you'll come up with!

Sandy
Paws Up!
Penpal

Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
zigbigadorlube:

o.o what item?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-19-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solou View Post
zigbigadorlube:

o.o what item?
Solou: Not this month, in the past. There were like... Serpent bracers or something? And the golden faun horns I think.