Ponta
One is never too early to monolo...

Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 AM

As a person who loves to write but never seems to have the time to do so anymore, I've decided to work on these drabbles for my own enjoyment. If you just happen to read any of these, feel free to comment or send me a PM. I enjoy discussing my writing and characters.

Word Limit: 200-500 words

Completed Lists:
Name of List: 50 Food
Creator's Name: Seito
URL: Here
Completion: 10/21/09 - 12/25/09

Current List:
Pon's 50 Theme List Inspired by Dorm Room
1.) Procrastinate
2.) Soft Bed

3.) Open Window
4.) Pale circle
5.) Bright light
6.) Zipper
7.) Packing
8.) Recycle
9.) Pink
1o.) Desk
11.) Homework
12.) Communial shower
13.) Trash
14.) Backpack
15.) Ink pen
16.) Noise
17.) 1:48 AM
18.) Closterphobic
19.) Closet
20.) Opposites
21.) Lonliness
22.) Annoyance
23.) Social networking
24.) Anti-social
25.) Decoration
26.) Laptop
27.) Dirty laundry
28.) Lamp
29.) Dreamcatcher
30.) Textbooks
31.) Hard floor
32.) Corkboard
33.) Collection
34.) In the mirror
35.) Empty toothpaste
36.) Flipflops
37.) Broken umbrella
38.) MP3 Player
39.) Tiny television
40.) Mini fridge
41.) Pajamas
42.) Winter coat
43.) Eye glasses
44.) Who needs sleep?
45.) Jam packed
46.) Study
47.) A-
48.) Blank page
49.) Popcorn
50.) Sticky note

Last edited by Ponta; 05-17-2010 at 03:30 AM..

Ponta

Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 AM

>>> Apples

The red juicy peel curled as the sharp yet tiny knife sliced the oh-so delicate skin of the fleshy apple. The peel finally detached itself and fell, hitting the dusty cement floor of the basement.
“You’re making a mess, Johnny.”
“Shut up,” he scoffed and tossed the peeled apple in my direction, “You’re the one who can’t peel an apple.”
Surprisingly I had managed to catch the ripe fruit before it hit the floor. This accomplishment defiantly was worth the reward of taking a large bit out of the apple. “Mom never liked me handling knives,” I said with a mouth full, “Thanks.”
“You’ve got the worst manners ever,” he looked away, “You’d think your mother would have taught you that.”
“Nope,” I grinned, “Just how to apply make-up to a dead body!” I swallowed the fruit and then looked at the stitches on the side of Johnny’s face, “That reminds me. If you’re going to school today I’ll need to start putting foundation on.”
He sighed, “No horror movie monster ever had to do that…”
“But Johnny,” I poked out my lip, “You’re not a monster.” I took another bite of the apple and sat up from the bed, looking at him, “You’re a gift from Death.”

Characters:
Emma and Johnny from The Girl Who Grew up with Death

Last edited by Ponta; 10-22-2009 at 04:06 AM..

Ponta

Old 10-22-2009, 04:04 AM

>>> Vegetable Soup

Today was a nice day in the school garden. While everyone was at lunch, I sat on a small stone bench grooming my beloved Hours. The bird would coo as I brushed his long golden tail. He was my most powerful summon and becoming a fast friend. Like me, he appeared to be cold and distance but truly had a beautiful heart. We were only protecting ourselves after all. But as I knew, love was a powerful force that could break that protective shield and eventually Hours would become open to the world around him.
“Sasukae, my beloved bird!”
At first, a small smile spread cheek to cheek but I soon frowned knowing that on school grounds, my affections were supposed to be kept under wraps. I turned around to see Ryan, holding a white paper bag in his hand.
“You know his feathers are just going to get messed up as soon as he battles.”
“Part of being a summoner is to take care of your companions,” I replied.”
He grinned, “Oh, so does that include me?”
I smirked, “What’s for lunch?”
“Soup!”
Ryan sat down next to me and took out a small round container from the paper bag. He took off the lid and steam started to rise.
“What did you get?”
Taking a plastic spoon, Ryan stuck it in the soup and lifted up a small portion, “It’s a surprise.”
This is how he does everything… I leaned over, slurping the liquid from the spoon. Immediately I stuck my tongue out in disgust. “Vegetable!”

Characters:
Sasukae, Horus, and Ryan from Metric Point Academy

Last edited by Ponta; 10-22-2009 at 04:07 AM..

Ponta

Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 AM

>>> Pears

“I hate pears.”
“What?”
“They’re nasty.”
Ace and Biff were sitting side by side on the living room couch as the TV played at an unusually loud volume. Biff, whose fox ears were much more keen than Ace’s poor human ears, would have turned it down but was too lazy to find the remote. Instead, the food channel went on displaying various recipes with the fruit that Ace so despised.
“I don’t find pears nasty,” Biff said as he felt he had more knowledge about food than Ace. After all, he was a fairly good cook – Ace on the other hand couldn’t even make a grilled cheese right without screwing it up.
“It’s just their texture,” the girl stuck out her tongue, “And taste too. Pears don’t taste good in anything.”
Biff knew he wasn’t going to convince the girl otherwise so he simply smiled at her, “I’ve missed you.”
Ace looked back at the blonde and his perky orange fox ears, “I miss you too. Sometimes I wish you could stay here instead of going back…” She shook her head, “But alas that’s not what you’re meant to do! Nope, you have to go back to Mahou and I have to remain a boring human who sits on the couch, watching Food Network and bitching about pears.”
Biff let out a sigh of relief, knowing that Ace always tried her hardest to be positive around him. “You’re a weird goddess, you know?”

Characters:
Ace - appears in various stories
Biff from Flaming Snowball

Ponta

Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 PM

>>> Pies

Blueberry, pumpkin, rhubarb to chicken, vegetables, and gravy lingered in out of the nostrils of those that walked along the tents at the annual Pie Festival. Of course there was going to be the typical fruit pies, to the pot pies, to the even bizarre minced dragon meat pies and banana rum unicorn pies. Clair, walking along with her father, tucked her long sky blue hair behind her ears before getting a closer look at one of the pie tents.
“Would you like to try some, dear?” A large woman wearing a red apron asked the young girl.
“Ummm,” she hesitated, “What is it?”
“The bananas are soaked in rum first before I put the unicorn meat in,” the woman looked at the girl, “You’ve never had unicorn meat?”
Clair gulped, “No, I don’t really like to eat horses.”
“Bah, they’re not horses,” the woman in the red apron spat, “They’re delicious. Quite a sweet and tender meat – goes perfect with bananas and rum.”
The young girl tugged on her Dad’s sleeve, “Dad…”
Her father finally turned around to look at his daughter, his attention being focused on other things at the festival, “Yes?”
“What um,” she took her father’s arm and started walking away from the tent and more importantly, the large woman who butchered and ate unicorns. “What were you looking for?”
“Apple pie,” he let out a sigh of frustration, “How can you go to a pie festival and not have anyone serve apple pie?”
Clair giggled, knowing the apple pie was her father’s absolute favorite food in the entire universe.

Characters:
Clair and Goukai from Wild Wingz

Ponta

Old 10-22-2009, 07:55 PM

>>> Sanwich

“Max!” A long legged young boy with dark brown hair called out to his best friend, “What do you want for lunch?”
“I don’t know,” Maxwell replied as he sat on the couch twirling the long braid his light brown hair was tied in. “I guess a sandwich.”
“What kind?”
Maxwell, still not sure what exactly he wanted to eat, got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Even though he was a year older than Tye, he was still shorter. “Do we have jelly? I like peanut butter and jelly.”
Tye shrugged his shoulders, “I think we do.” The boy opened up the fridge and started glancing at the packed shelves. The bread was in there, to prevent from mold growing, and there were packs of cheese and meat, but the jelly was no where to be seen.
“Try looking in the back,” Max said as he glanced at the contents of the fridge.
Reaching in with his skinny arms, Tye felt around the fridge until a familiar jar shape touched his fingers. “Aha!” He grabbed the jelly jar and pulled it from the back. Once out in the open, Tye observed the purple container before grimacing.
“What’s wrong,” Max asked after looking at his friend’s facial expression.
“The date…” Tye walked over to the trash, “This grape jelly is older than both of us…”
Maxwell cringed, “So much for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I think I just lost my appetite.”

Characters:
Tye and Maxwell from Wild Wingz

Ponta

Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 AM

>>> Cookies

Ding!
The kitchen timer just went up, prompting Scarlet to jump up and run over to the oven. Oliver, still sitting at the kitchen table yawned. “You really think they’re going to burn?”
“Yes,” Scarlet quickly slipped her hands into an oven mitt and pulled down the oven door. The kitchen quickly filled with the scent of the freshly baked cookies. Cautiously, Scarlet pulled the tray out and set it on top of the stove. She then pushed the door shut and turned the oven off. “Oh, I want to bite into one now.”
“You’ll burn the crap out of your tongue.”
“I know,” Scarlet took in the smells of sweet carrot and chocolate goodness, “But they’re just saying – eat me now!”
Oliver took a whiff of the carrot chocolate cookies, “They do smell pretty good.” Before, Oliver had never been a huge fan of carrots but because of Scarlet’s love for the orange vegetable, he was starting to change his mind. He was about to suggest that they go find something to do while the cookies cool off but was suddenly taken off guard by the girl’s actions. “What are you doing,” he interjected.
His cry was too late though as Scarlet already had taken one of golden brown cookies and took a bite out of the round sweet. “Ouch!” She quickly threw the cookie back on to the tray, “It burnt my tongue.”
“Of course it did,” Oliver got up from the table and walked over towards Scarlet, “Let me take care of it.”
“How?”
The boy smirked, leaning in towards Scarlet before surprising her with a sudden kiss.

Characters:
Scarlet and Oliver from Flaming Snowball

Ponta

Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 AM

>>> Cooking

Darkness had engulfed the room except for the small red glowing exit sign that was displayed above the door. It was not a good night for Kingston as he glanced around, lying on the bunk bed drained from his shift at the hospital.
It all started with a little girl coming in named Kimi. What started as a tummy ache lead to a child becoming outright butchered in the ER. The bloodbath had almost made Kingston loose his appetite – almost, that is. The dark secrets of Silvercrest were starting to become all too evident to the nurse.
“What I wouldn’t give for some home cooking… or a taco.”
Perhaps it was his imagination but Kingston swore a lingering scent in the air reminded him of his mother’s famous parsnip soup. Instead of submitting to his depression from loosing a patient, he finally got up and followed the similar scent. To his surprise, he found Doctor Amara Karimi in the cafeteria kitchen.
Amara was the ER doctor who was assigned to young little Kimi. Without any other nurse present, Kingston had to assist the doctor in diagnosing the little girl and the surgery that took present afterwards. The bloody mess that happened apparently had no effect on the doctor, Kingston thought, as he watched Amara stir a large wooden spoon in a five gallon soup pot. It finally occurred to him though that it was rather an odd hour to be cooking – let alone for it to be sociopath Amara to be cooking.
“So, uh,” Kingston blurted out, “What’s cooking in the soup pot?”
“It’s,” she hesitated, not turning around to face the nurse. He started to worry, wondering if he had stumbled upon something he wasn’t supposed to see. Finally, his anxiety and imagination got the best of him.
“Did you kill that poor child to make soup!”
Facing him, Doctor Karimi tilted her head with an annoyed look on her face – a reaction Kingston had not been expecting.
“It’s my laundry.”

Characters:
Kingston and Amara from Silvercrest Hospital

Ponta

Old 10-23-2009, 04:33 AM

>>> Sausage

“Hey guys,” Jan perked up as he sat in front of the campfire holding a mug full of steamy hot chocolate, “Want to hear a horror story?”
Duncan yawned, not interested in the story he assumed was going to be another lame attempt by Jan. Blake was more supportive, encouraging her best friend. “Go ahead, Jan.”
“Okay,” Jan cleared his throat, “It all started like this…”
Once upon a time their live a family that used to run a pig farm. The family consisted of a mother, a father, and their son.
“Boring,” Duncan slumped back into his chair.
“Cut it out,” Blake scoffed and turned her attention back to Jan, “Just ignore him.”
Anyway, one day the son was out in the woods, digging in the dirt.
Duncan jumped up in his seat, “This better not be that damn toe story again!”
“It’s not,” Jan said offensively, “It’s different!”
“It better be,” Duncan slid back down into his chair with his arms folded.
So the son comes across a mummified pig’s foot –
“Oh damn you Jan!” Duncan interrupted once again, “W.W. Jacobs already wrote a story about this called The Monkey’s Paw.”
“But there’s no wishes!”
Blake growled, “Can you just let Jan finish the damn story.”
“Thanks, Tae.” Jan started again, “Now where was I…”
The son decides to bring the pig’s foot back to his parents but he can’t find them anywhere. Concerned that his parents are missing, he starts to frantically look for them. Finally, he goes to the room where they butcher the pigs. And that’s when he sees him.
Jan stalled, the warm fire illuminated his peachy face then cackled. Duncan let out another yawn, “And?”
A large, pink fat man – with pig hands and one of his hands is missing! They chopped off my hand the fat man cries out.
“Jan,” Duncan started to rub his face, “Go kill yourself.”
“Hey, I’m almost done!”
“No,” Duncan sat up with a tension of anger in his voice, “After pig man makes little farm boy into sausage links, you go make yourself a noose and hang from it.”
“Hey,” Jan’s eyes widen with shock, “The pig man turned the parents into sausage links and forces the son to eat them. And because of that he’s so distraught that he does hang himself with the sausage links!” Jan grabbed Duncan’s jacket, “How did you know my idea?”
“Cause you’re an idiot.”
“Oh my,” Blake finally said, “A sausage noose is quite scary.”

Characters:
Jan, Duncan, and Blake - Untitled Story

Ponta

Old 10-23-2009, 05:58 PM

>>> Corn

The night sky was a deep blue with tiny flecks of white dotted everywhere. The temperature had finally dropped and I was starting to get cold. I could see my hot breath in the air as I sat there next to Johnny. His breath couldn’t of course be seen, since he no longer had the ability to use his lungs. The only thing that would even indicate that I was with another person… or semi-person, was the whites of Johnny’s eyes.
“I used to run around here…”
I turned to him, “Back when you were a child?”
“Yeah,” he nodded, “In the fifties. I’m glad the corn field is still here.” I could tell he was beginning to reminisce about his past, “Caroline, Gavin, and I would sneak out of our houses and play tag. Sometimes we’d take the corn too but known of us knew how to cook it.”
Johnny might have died young but I was glad to know that when he came back to the world of the living, he was able to grow up just like me. He may be one of science’s most peculiar cases... or maybe not even a phenomena of science but something far more mysterious… a spiritual kind of phenomena.
“Hey Johnny...” I stood up from the damp ground and looked up at the sky.
“Yeah?”
Quickly, I bent over and tapped his head, “Tag!” I ran into the cornfield, “You’re it!”
As I ran blindly long, bopping the stalks I could here him behind me. I couldn’t help myself from giggling – Johnny really wasn’t a cold person. He was just having trouble adjusting to this new life.
“Got you,” Johnny grabbed my arm. “You’re it now.”

Characters:
Emma and Johnny from The Girl Who Grew up with Death

Ponta

Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM

>>> French Fries

My sister and I decided to eat at the mall’s food court after almost being plowed over by a car. Usually I loose my appetite after a near death experience (okay, maybe not “near death” but it would have been a serious injury), however I felt that if I ate something salty then maybe my desire to vomit would diminish. I think my sister, on the other hand, could eat just about anything in any given situation due to her love of food. I hate how she’s the “skinny one” and I still have my “pooch” no matter what I try to do. But right now weight wasn’t important – the hot smell of just pulled from boiling oil, salted French fries caught the attention of my taste buds. The hint of fried, battered chicken nuggets began to make my mouth water as well. “Hey sis,” I pointed to where the delicious smell was coming from, “I’m going to Wenry’s.”
“Eww,” she promptly responded, “That’s not good for you at all.”
I rolled my eyes, “You just almost got us killed – you’re not going to tell me what to eat.”
“But that stuff will kill you!”
Here she goes again. My sister being a health major was really starting to take a toll on me. Not to mention, she goes vegetarian when she’s at college and only really eats meat during the holidays. Her restrictions were limiting my variety and her concoctions of healthy food were making me want to hurl. But nothing was going to stop me from eating Wenry’s today – I deserved it.
“Well, I’m going to go get a humus wrap.” She said starting to walk off and then turned around, “Find us a table, will you?”
Once we both got our food and settled down, I started to devour my French fires. My sister watched in disgust and I knew she was about to comment on why I shouldn’t eat so fast… but then she started to laugh.
“What,” I ripped opened my packet of ketchup, “Is so funny?”
“Do you remember Latin class when we go into that argument over natural flavors in ketchup with the veggie wannabees?”
“Oh yeah,” I started to laugh. Terra had gotten so annoyed with these three girls who were vegetarians and said that ketchup having “natural flavors” meant that animal products were in it and would not eat it. The bullshit had all started with them watching a VideoTube about a douche bag who sent out a message to the vegetarian and vegan community because a waitress told him that natural flavor meant their was meat in ketchup. This resulted in the boycotting of ketchup on French fries and a whole lot of other idiot myths about food which eventually everyone got tired of hearing in Latin class. I dipped my French fry into my pile of accumulated ketchup, “Those were some fun times.”

Characters:
Tatum and Terra from Girls Need Love Too

Ponta

Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 PM

>>> Ice Cream

The sun was in an epic battle with the atmosphere, quickly becoming the winner as the bay area started to feel like Death Valley. Jaeger leaned across a rail on the boardwalk with large black sunglasses on and a baseball cap. On the beach Caroline lied stretched out on a beach towel, letting the sun turn her pale skin to a quick and crisp tan.
“I’ve never met a vampire with such a fetish for sun tanning…” Jaeger commented to himself before picking up the scent of Gavin, making him turn to face his boyfriend.
“Jaeger,” Gavin slid his sun glasses up on his nose, “You want to join me in the shade?” Gavin, unlike his twin sister, had no desire to be burned by the sunrays. Instead, he opted out for wearing light cotton clothes that covered both his arms and legs. Before leaving he had coated his face in sun block so the only things susceptible to the sun were his feet.
“Sure,” Jaeger trotted up to Gavin. “You missed me?” he teased.
“Maybe.”
“Aww,” Jaeger took Gavin’s arm, “You’re so sweet.” The mentioning of sweet made Jaeger’s stomach to start to growl. “I guess I haven’t eaten today…”
“What would you like?”
Jaeger grinned, “Peanut butter ice cream!”
Gavin shook his head, “That’s not a very good first meal of the day.”
“Neither is goat’s blood,” Jaeger stuck out his tongue, “But I don’t criticize what you eat.”
“Aren’t you doing so right now?”
Jaeger didn’t hear Gavin, however, as he was walking up to an ice cream pallor. “Wouldn’t it be cool if they have ice cream for vampires?”
Gavin shrugged his shoulders, “I guess so.”
“Don’t you miss it,” Jaeger pushed opened the door, “Being able to eat whatever you want?”
“Of course,” Gavin took in the scent of sugary waffle cones and other sweets, “I miss going to places like this or the classic American dinner. Caroline does too.”
“What was your favorite flavor?”
Gavin glanced at the labeled buckets until he found the right one, “Mint chocolate chip.”
“And Caroline’s?”
“You don’t know that one,” Gavin smirked, “What’s her favorite color?”
“I would assume pink,” Jaeger thought for a few seconds, “Strawberry?”
“Yep,” Gavin nodded, “Everything she ate for the longest time had to be pink. Drove my parents nuts.”
Jaeger laughed. It was moments like these, talking about ice cream and Gavin’s past life, that made Jaeger fall deeper in love with the vampire.

Characters:
Jaegar, Caroline, and Gavin from The Mandarin Orange’s Waltz

Ponta

Old 11-01-2009, 06:24 AM

>>> Cheese

“That little wheel chaired bitch!”
Blake jerked her head back, staring, “Duncan!”
The dirty blonde folded his arms, “What? You hate T.K. as much as I do.”
“That may be so,” she picked up her drink, “But Jan’s going to have to get over T.K. himself.”
“I know,” Duncan glanced over to see Jan swaying from foot to foot as he talked to his wheelchair ridden ex-boyfriend, “I hate that guy…”
Duncan, of course, had a right to hate T.K. – after all, he was Jan’s ex-boyfriend and was notorious for sinking his claws into others for his own sinful pleasures. It was no surprise that when T.K. saw Jan with his now boyfriend, Duncan, that he would try and ruin it for the both of them. Anytime T.K.’s name was mentioned around Jan his face would flush – just imagine seeing the real boy in person. And no matter how much pain T.K. had caused for Jan, Jan still felt sorry for T.K. and his disability.
“I really need to do something…”
Blake rolled her eyes, “You are so jealous.”
Duncan grinded his teeth, “No I’m not.”
“Yes you are,” Blake shook her head, “You always pick on Jan when he’s with you but as soon as he leaves your sight you get all panicky. Especially when he’s with another guy – you want to always kick their ass.”
“I don’t always.”
“Right… so are you going to beat up a kid in a wheelchair?”
“No,” Duncan glanced once more back at Jan who he could tell was starting to become uncomfortable. “Why did he even agree to talk to him?” He groaned, “I need to get him away from that douche.”
“What are you going to do?”
“I…” Duncan glanced around, trying to find something in the student center that would draw attention. “Aha!” The stage from last night’s karaoke was still up along with all the equipment. “I know what to do.”
Blake watched with amusement as Duncan went over to the stage. She thought to herself, “It’s just so natural for him to be on stage… that’s probably why Jan likes him so much.”
“Attention!”
The speakers boomed throughout the student center, causing everyone to look toward the stage. Then the music turned on causing everyone either to chuckle to themselves or be the utmost horrified.
“We’re no strangers to love,” Duncan pointed to Jan, “You know the rules and so I do!”
Jan’s jaw dropped a little as his cheeks began to turn a burning red. T.K. glanced up at Jan, then glared at Duncan thinking to himself, “You little prick. You’re not going to take Jan away from me.”
“I’m never going to give you up or let you down Jan!”
Jan couldn’t help himself from bursting out laughing, then ran and jumped up on stage to join Duncan singing.
Blake sighed, “It worked but damn that was cheesy Duncan…”

Song - "Never Gonna Give You Up" Credited to Rick Astley

Characters:
Duncan, Blake, Jan, and T.K. - Untitled Story

Ponta

Old 11-01-2009, 06:56 AM

>>> Steak

“Biffy,” Max skipped ahead of his boyfriend, tail wagging. “What are we going to have for dinner tonight,” his voice rang.
Biff smiled at the gray wolf, “Let’s just say it’s not something your brother would ever make for dinner.
“Hooray!” Max knew what this meant – MEAT. His brother being part rabbit hindered their diets which mostly consisted of vegetables and tofu. Max couldn’t complain though, his brother was the one taking care of him and Ivan did get sick every time he tried to eat meat. It still would have been nice keeping some sort of protein in the house other than supplements and peanut butter. Thankfully Biff came along in Max’s life because buying takeout was getting expensive.
“Hmmm,” Max tried to think of what they might be eating. His favorite was lobster but the crustacean wasn’t in season so it must be something else. Biff had fairly expensive tastes too so whatever they were going to eat was going to be good. Obviously the wolf would just have to wait until they got back to the apartment.
“You like mushrooms, right?
Max looked towards Biff, “Of course,” he grinned, “With Ivan being the chef for so many years I think I’ve had just about every vegetable known to this world. Maybe even from out of this world too,” he added.
“Vegetarian sounds dreadfully unappealing,” Biff’s foxtail swished to the side as it was stating he agreed. The fox took out his key to his apartment. “I’m not sure how you managed.”
“Takeout, fast food, microwavable,” Max started to list a few, “And Chris usually eats with Ivan and me somewhere once in awhile. He’s not allowed to make any meat comments though because Chris will chew his head off.”
“That woman certainly knows how to put your brother in his place.”
Max grinned, “That’s just because he likes her but won’t admit it.”
Inside the apartment, Max flung himself down on the sofa as if he had been living there all his life. He kicked off his shoes and stretched his arm and legs. Biff smirked, taking off his coat and dropping it on top of Max. “Just make yourself at home.”
“Hey,” Max wrapped up in the coat, “Maybe I will,” he said with a pout.
“Aww,” Biff leaned close to Max’s face, “And here I thought you were going to defensive about me treating you like a little kid.”
“No, Max put his nose towards Biff, “I know I’m more important to you than that.”
“Right you are,” Biff then moved into the kitchen, “Nap if you like. I’ll get dinner done shortly.”
Max curled up in the coat, taking in all of Biff’s scent. “He’s so good to me,” Max said quietly to himself as he drifted off to sleep.
The wolf slept until a smell so wonderful caused his mouth to drool. He lifted his head with heavy eyes ready to trail off to the kitchen, “Steak and mushrooms.”

Characters:
Biff and Max from Flaming Snowball

Ponta

Old 11-03-2009, 03:30 AM

>>> Hard Boiled Eggs

“Oh, god! What is that Begley?”
Mike had walked into the culinary room with disgusted as the pungent smell of egg lingered throughout the room. Begley and Takari stood next to each other with a large steel bowl full of hard boiled eggs in front of them.
Begley’s jackal ears started to droop in discouragement, “It’s our project…”
Takari stuck out her tongue, “Make as many dishes possible with the main ingredient…”
“That’s gross,” Mike shook his head, “I’m not being your guinea pig on this one.”
“Really, Mike?” Kite had silently walked up behind her boyfriend, wearing a delicate light pink kimono. “I just came from the theater to be with you, Takari, and Begley.” Her lips turned to a pout, “I didn’t even get to change clothes.”
“That’s okay, Kite!” Mike quickly changed his mind to please his girlfriend, “Our friends do I need our help after all!”
“Good to know, Mike,” Ryan joked as he walked into the culinary room with Donnie and Sasukae trailing behind him. “We came too to show our support.”
Donnie folded his arms, “More like the free food.”
“You guys,” Kite flipped her ocelot tail to the side, “are so pig-headed.” She turned her nose away from them and to her roommate, “Takari, have you made any plans for dishes yet?”
“We’ve got deviled eggs, egg salad, and a garden salad,” Takari looked down at the large and filled steel bowl, “And that’s it.”
Bagley started to scratch his head, “You guys got any other ideas?”
“How about fried rice with egg in it?” Donnie started looking around the culinary room, “Then just get some soy sauce and it’ll be perfect.”
Ryan nodded, “I remember that my sister once made lasagna with hard boiled eggs… I never ate it though.”
Mike smirked, “What? To scared to try new things?”
“No,” Ryan shook his head, “Lita is a terrible cook.”
“Oh,” Kite’s ears perked up, “I had a stuffing once with hard boiled eggs in it!”
Begley smiled, “That would work, I suppose.”
Takari looked over at Mike, “Your dad cooks – he ever do anything with eggs?”
“Other than throwing them at people?” Mike grinned, “Dad’s not really an egg eater.”
“So it looks like we got suggestions from everyone,” Kite declared, “But you, Sasukae.” Everyone turned to look at Sasukae, who was standing in the back quietly. “Well,” Kite finally said trying to provoke some sort of response.
“I don’t know…” Sasukae glanced up at the front, “Dye them for the Easter bunny?”
Takari smacked her hand against her head while Ryan started laughing. “Of course you would associate this with candy, Sasukae.”

Characters:
Mike, Begley, Takari, Kite, Ryan, Donnie, and Sasukae from Metric Point Academy

Ponta

Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 AM

>>> Turkey

I hate being poor.
Especially during the holidays.
Everyone’s out, driving in their heated cars filled with packages from the mall and groceries stores. I watch them as the sky starts to grow dark and the snowflakes begin to fall. I’m of course the one’s that freezing, only one coat and holes in my pants, walking under streetlamps. I would give anything to just once have a Thanksgiving that’s on TV. I still remember what it was like back when I was a kid and dreaming of the better days. Alex, Ninna, Greg, Molly, and I would all be at a table which was filled with all sorts of food – stuffing, mash potatoes, gravy, hot dinner rolls, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and most important – the turkey. Instead it was always Alex leaving to go to a girlfriend’s house – if we were lucky, we could come – or Ninna working a double shift so it was just Greg, Molly, and I up by ourselves on the couch watching those stupid perfect families and their happy feast. The closest thing we ever got to turkey on Thanksgiving was from a lunchmeat container and I had to pay for that with my own money. This year things are going to change. I’ll be damned if I ever eat turkey from a lunchmeat container. I’m getting me that big bird and roasting it for the holidays.
My eyes finally met with the sight I wanted to see – the grocery store. I once again had the perfect plan to obtain my lovely prize. The doors opened and I walked in, instantly greeted with the warmth of the building. Signs of all the sales were scattered here and there, but I had no money to buy anything. I walked towards the back where the butcher section was. There in a floor refrigerator stood the dozens of frozen turkeys in their pretty packaged wrapping. It was time to initiate my plan.
“OH MY GOD,” my voice rang out as loud as it could, “IS THAT A DRAGON FLYING ABOVE THE STORE?”
Instantly, panicked terrorized the mass public of Lovett Town. I quickly pulled out the brown paper bag from my pocket and then grabbed the closest turkey in the container and stuck it down in the bag. People were still running around in a frenzy so I joined in with the mass then slipped out the door.
There hadn’t been a rogue dragon attack in a while but it was always a good way to avert the attention from myself to something else. I proudly held the brown paper bag with both arms, feeling the coldness of the frozen bird inside. I would finally have turkey for Thanksgiving and no body could take that away from me!
Or so I thought…
After I got home, telling my family of my stealing expertise, Ninna removed my prized possession from the bag.
“Gouaki,” she said, “This is a duck…”
And so we had duck for Thanksgiving.

Characters:
Goukai and Ninna from Wild Wingz

Ponta

Old 11-03-2009, 05:49 AM

>>> Chicken

“But Nikki,” I cried out chasing after her, “It does taste just like chicken!”
“NO.” She didn’t even turn around but I knew the woman of my desire was giving me her sternest death glare, “Now go drown yourself in a toilet.”
“If it made you happy, I would!” She didn’t hear me, the elevator had already came and she quickly got in and pushed the button to shut the doors. I sighed, I was just not having luck picking up girls lately. Maybe I needed to find a new hair color, the green dye was starting to fade back to my ginger red and nobody was allowed to see that! Or perhaps informing everyone that a certain something on me tastes just like chicken was too much for them to handle. After all, I am too much to handle – oh yeah!
Tonight was going to be lonely I soon realized. Nikki hates me, Mark dislikes me, Erwin’s probably eating, and Amara… she’s just creepy. I would never want to meet that woman outside of work – who knows what horrible things she would be doing. Probably sacrificing goats and chickens to her satanic god so she can continue to be the biggest and creepiest bitch in the universe. Actually, I don’t even think Amara leaves the hospital – Dr. Karimi seems to always be in her office. I have always wondered what was in there… okay, tonight seems like a good night to sneak in! I now know from past experience that late at night Amara does her laundry in the cafeteria kitchen with a big thing of boiling starchy water… in fact, she quite pleasantly offered to shove my face in it.
I took the stairs to be sneaky. Anyone could be roaming around the hospital tonight. After I got to the sixth floor, I snuck into the hallway and down towards Amara’s office. I turned the knob – it was unlocked. She must have figured that no one would be foolish enough to go into her office. I pushed the door open slightly in stuck my head in.
Amazing.
Everything was relatively normal for the freak accept the damn aquarium filled with octopi. It was huge! I hope when my salary got cut back due to research equipment, that wasn’t what she spent it on. I could have bought an entire month of tacos with the cost of that damn thing.
Curiosity got the best of me and I sat down on one of the leather couches, staring at the creatures swim back and forth. I didn’t realize it, but soon I had drifted off to sleep. I didn’t awake until my nostrils had filled with something cooking. I blinked a few times before I realized who was sitting in front of me. Amara was cutting up something on a plate which sure smelt good.
I tried to play off me being in her office by saying, “Hey Amara, that smells good. What are you eating?”
“Well,” she said, “It tastes just like chicken.”

Characters:
Kingston, Nikki, and Amara from Silvercrest Hospital

Ponta

Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 AM

>>> Ham

The warmth from the stove made the kitchen a pleasant paradise. I sat on the interior window admiring the glow from the overhead stove light. The brown sugar glaze was starting to fill the tiny kitchen. I was simply amazed at all what Robin’s aunt could do in the itty bitty space. Of course, the small space wasn’t too big of a problem for me as I’m quite small. Well, small when I’m not in my human form that is. I told Robin I would be good this year and not transform and cause another ruckus like I did during Thanksgiving. But I couldn’t quite help myself a few weeks ago. I mean, all the lovely ladies of the house had been cooking all day and then they told their beloved household pet he couldn’t have any? So naturally, I snuck out of the house with some borrowed clothes of Robin’s brother, transformed and clothed myself. Then I casually strolled up to the front door and rang the doorbell. When Robin’s aunt answered, she was quite surprised – she had never seen me before. Perhaps even more peculiar was introducing myself as Robin’s boyfriend. Now Aunt Robin’s kind so she let me in without ripping me a new one but BOY! After dinner when my human self left, Robin sure did get it. I guess I got it too because after Robin got yelled out while I lied on her bed, she went into her room and threw me out. Then she wouldn’t speak to me for a few days until I made it up to her. You just can’t deny my cuteness after a while.
This time we cut a deal. There wasn’t going to be any boyfriends at dinner. Instead, it would just be Robin and her family – and the family cat too! I couldn’t wait – the ham was singing my name and my mouth was starting to drool. I just want to sink my claws into that pig and rip it to shreds.
Robin’s aunt walked in to check on the ham in the stove. Followed behind her was Robin, wearing a red sweater dress and her hair in braided pigtails. “Robin dear,” Robin’s aunt said as she shut the door to the oven, “Is that handsome boyfriend of yours coming over?”
Robin’s face instantly turned to a scowl, “He’s not my boyfriend and he’s NOT handsome.” She shot me a death glare.
“Oh, you don’t have to deny your relationship. I was just angry you hid it from me.”
“But we’re not dating!”
“But why would such a charming young fellow date such a plain girl like yourself?”
And as the two women bickered on, I realized that my chances of getting a piece of that ham were starting to dwindle. My last resort would resort to me having to use my cat like skills and steal a piece when it got carved.

Characters:
Geo, Auntie, and Robin from Forever Your Furry Companion

Ponta

Old 12-01-2009, 07:08 PM

>>> Pork

The group had been stranded on the island for three days now. Kaiya finally took her long silky black hair out of her ponytail and let her hair cover her burnt shoulders. She sat on a large banana leaf in the nude, her clothes just being too hot for the tropical island. Out in the ocean, Niles’ blonde hair beamed in the sun as he attempted to catch some fish with his hands. Ryder, the youngest of the group, stayed on shore with Kaiya, trying to attempt to shake out the coconuts from the coconut trees. One finally came loose and dropped to the ground, making an indenture in the sand. “Success!” Ryder said out loud before picking up the hard fruit, “Kaiya – are you thirsty!”
She glanced over her shoulder, looking at the younger boy, “What do you think?”
He smiled, quickly running towards Kaiya before plopping down into the sand, “How about some coconut milk?”
“I suppose that will have to do,” she sighed.
Ryder dug into his cargo pocket and pulled out a pocket knife, he opened the blade and quickly jabbed it into the fruit. He pulled out the knife and nice hole had been made; he handed the coconut to Kaiya. “Drink it! I’ll try to get more!”
Kaiya took the fruit and watched as Ryder ran back to the three. She observed the hard brown shell before finally taking a sip from the fruit. To her surprise, the milk was very tasty and she quickly drunk the rest. She wiped her mouth with her hand and looked to see Niles coming back in from the sea. “Niles,” she called out, “Coconuts really are good!”
“So,” he laughed coming up on shore before sitting down next to her, “You finally gave in?”
“Well, I’m already sick of eating bananas.”
“I hope Yumi finds us soon then,” he brushed his blonde bangs away from his eyes, “Or you’ll never make it out here.”
“What are you talking about,” she leaned in closer to Niles, “I got two handsome boys taking care of me. I’m sure one of you can pull a Lord of the Flies and find some pig.”
“I can’t even catch a fish – now you want pork?”
“Mmm,” Kaiya lipped her lips, “What I wouldn’t give for a pork chop.”
“Pork barbeque is pretty good too,” Niles imagined a BBQ sandwich covered with sauce and slaw, “That would be so good right now.”
Ryder tossed a coconut towards Niles, “What are you guys talking about?”
“Thanks,” Niles took the pocketknife Ryder was holding out, “Kaiya and I are just thinking about killing a pig…” The blonde jabbed the knife into the coconut, “Lord of the Flies style.”
“Pig, huh?” Ryder sat down on the other side of Kaiya, “I love any Chinese food with pork in it. Fried rice, spare ribs, sweet and sour – it’s all delicious.”
“I wonder if Yumi will let us have a big dinner like that after she finds us,” Niles wandered out loud.
“That’s if she finds us,” Kaiya added.

Characters:
Kaiya, Niles, and Ryder from Adventures in Humpapimpilis Land

Ponta

Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 PM

>>> Dumplings

Once upon a time their lived a lonely old woman in the woods. She used to be a famous baker in the near by town, but once the raid of the bomber planes came, her business was ruined. So she moved away from the town into the dark and spooky woods – alone. She was stilled married to a gentleman named Eric Swinstick, but Eric was not so gentle after all as he used to beat his wife quite frequently.
Then one day, Eric decided to find his estranged wife and trucked his way through the woods. It was not hard to find the woman at all as the sweet smell of warm baking bread lofted throughout the trees. He sound found the cottage and without a moment’s noticed, burst through the doors.
The two stared at each other, Eric with an insane look on his face while the woman showed no signs of fear. Instead, she reached over her stove and took down her shotgun. Eric cringed and she pulled the trigger, shooting him in the head.
Not wanting the bears to come and devour her husband’s corpse, she chopped her husband up into tiny pieces and put them into uncooked dough. She then tossed the pieces into boiling water along with chopped carrots, peas, and onion. Her husband made quite the tasty dumplings and soon she wanted more. That’s when she starting luring people to her cottage with the smells of her lovely breads – and then she’d shoot them in the head and make dumplings out of them.
Kisha was about to continue reading the story to her friends before Mrs. Kitty closed the book, “Dear, don’t you think you’ll get nightmares from reading stuff like that?”
DA snickered, “Kisha – nightmares?”
JC nodded his head, “She can watch any horror movie and not even flinch.”
“Oh really,” Mrs. Kitty looked at Kisha who put the book under her pillow.
“Yep,” Kisha laid her head down, “I’m not scared of anything – with you all in my room there’s nothing to be afraid of.”
“That’s true,” House commented, “But now you’ve got the scaried puss leopard to worry about.”
Lir sat shaking at the end of the bed, still afraid of the story. “Dumplings? Human dumplings? That’s so disturbing! And a sweet old woman did it too!”
“Whoops,” Kisha smirked, “I forgot that Lir likes to fantasize about such things.”

Characters:
Kisha, Mrs. Kitty, DA, JC, House, and Lir from Kisha's Gift

Ponta

Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 PM

>>> Moon Cake

“Pai,” Sheng called out as he ran up to the Italian girl and her Japaense boyfriend, “Can you help me!”
Pai smiled, “With what?”
Sheng paused to catch his breath then handed her a piece of paper, “I need to make these!”
She took the paper, “Moon cake?”
“I’ve have that before,” Koji commented, “With red bean paste.”
“But yours don’t have the egg yolk center!”
Pai raised an egg brown, “Egg yolk center? What exactly is this for?”
Sheng blushed, “I um, wanted to show my club that I do know how to cook traditional Chinese foods.”
“Oh,” Pai glanced over at Koji, “This is like you wanting me to make taiyaki.”
“What can I say,” Koji shrugged his shoulders, “I like red bean paste.”
Sheng pushed his fingers together, “Can you help me Pai?”
“Of course,” Pai smiled, “Moon cake should be a lot easier than trying to find the damn fish shape mold.”
“But there’s also the imprint on the top you have to make,” Sheng added.
“Imprint?” Pai glanced at the recipe, “Something tells me I’m going to need to do some research.”
Koji put his arm on Pai’s shoulder, “You’re Italian – you can tackle anything.”
“Especially when it’s food,” Sheng tried to encourage her.
“Yeah-yeah,” Pai rolled up her sleeves, “Looks like I’ll be taking on the moon cake.”

Characters:
Sheng, Pai, and Koji from Saint Saffron

Ponta

Old 12-01-2009, 08:28 PM

>>> Mochi

Tatum and Kate were sitting in Tatum’s living room, on the comfy large blue couch. Between them was an unopened box from the Asian market Tatum had earlier gone to that day with her mother. The box contained a variety of single packaged mochi and the best part, it had only cost three dollars.
“When are we going to open it,” Kate said as she twirled the rainbow beads around her neck.
“I guess we can try some now,” Tatum picked up the box, “I just want to save some to share with Tanya and Bella later.”
“Ha,” Kate laughed as she heard Bella’s name, “You sure she’ll try something new?”
“I don’t know,” Tatum opened the box and slid out the tray of mochi, “Maybe if it’s something normal…”
“Like fruit flavored,” Kate picked up a green colored mochi, “I wonder what this is?”
“The label’s in Japanese,” Tatum picked up another packet, “Oh, but this one says brown sugar – and this says peanut.”
Kate ripped open her packet, “The peanut one is really good. Just like peanut butter.” She popped the mochi into her mouth and began to chew, “This is good!”
“Hmm,” Tatum picked up another, “This is sesame… and here’s red bean.” There’s one lass packet in the box – a brown colored mochi with a round brown shape on the front and Japanese characters. “I wonder what this is?”
Kate examined the mochi packet, “I don’t know… let’s split it!”
“Sounds good to me,” Tatum opened the packet.
“Hey,” Kate got up off the couch, “Let’s get a drink in case it tastes really bad.”
“Good idea,” Tatum agreed. Often she and Kate would try foreign foods that turned out tasting horrendous. The two girls went into the kitchen and Tatum poured to cups of root beer. Then, Tatum got out a butter knife and cut the mochi in half. “Ready?”
“Yeah!”
Both girls took the pieces of mochi and plopped them into their mouth. Tatum’s face turned to a sour expression as she tried to swallow the mochi. Kate ran to the trashcan and spit it out, then downed her glass of root beer. Tatum finally took her cup and drank root beer and mochi down together.
“It was as I feared,” Tatum finally said as she looked back at the empty mochi packet, “Potato flavor.”
“I’m Irish,” Kate started pouring more root beer, “But that was the worst potato I ever had.”

Characters:
Tatum and Kate from Girls Need Love Too

Ponta

Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 AM

>>> Peking Duck

The Thanksgiving table was finally set – and what a massive table it was. Three families all sat down at once – the Zeas, the Reapers, and the Noels. Minna Zea sat next to her husband Goukai, next to Goukai was Greg Reaper, followed by his wife Zouchey and then there daughter Daisy. Clair, the oldest of the Zea children, sat between Daisy and Mike, the second oldest of the Zea children. On the other side of the table, sitting across from Minna was Chi Noel followed by her husband Alex and their two twin children Seth and Suki. Lucky Zea, the youngest, sat between Suki and Redgie, the youngest daughter of the Reapers.
Mike sat at the end of the table, slightly depressed that no one was sitting across from him. It was just his luck that everyone would end up being in a “pair” but him. Clair and Daisy were the same age and so was Lucky and Redgie. Mike was the odd one out.
Suki Noel was in much higher spirits. She had never seen that much food and wanted to try it all! But there was one specific food item that stood out to her most. From watching various TV Thanksgivings, she understand that most dinners had mash potatoes, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, and most importantly – the turkey. She also knew that families also had ham, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and many other delicious, yet fattening, foods. But never had she seen such a food on the table then the small, browned animal in front of her.
“Lucky,” she tugged on his black t-shirt, “What’s that?”
Lucky looked to see what she was pointing to, “That’s... I don’t know what that is.” Lucky looked over at Clair, “Hey, Clair! Do you know what that is?”
“That,” Clair tilted her head, “I have no idea…”
“That’s tradition,” Alex laughed.
“But what is it,” Daisy asked.
Zouchey grinned, “I’m surprised you’ve never seen cooked duck before.”
“DUCK?”
With the sudden outburst of shock from the kids came the snickering from Minna. Next to her sat a very embarrassed and blushing husband.
“Come on Gouakai,” she jeered, “Go ahead and tell everyone how you thought you stole a turkey for Thanksgiving only to find out it was a duck.”
Goukai folded his arms and looked away, “Well it was the best damn peking duck I ever had!”

Characters:
Minna, Goukai, Greg, Zouchey, Daisy, Clair, Mike, Chi, Alex, Seth, Suki, Lucky, and Redgie from Wild Wingz

Ponta

Old 12-02-2009, 07:05 AM

>>> Lemon Chicken

“So, umm, Biff,” Ace sat at the computer, staring at the screen, “What exactly is lemon chicken?”
“Lemon chicken,” Biff raised an eyebrow, “Well – it can be a lot of things.”
“So…” Ace glanced at him over her shoulder, “It’s not just a baked chicken with lemon juice on top of it?”
“It could be,” Biff shrugged his shoulders. “Why are you asking me this exactly?”
“I’m writing about it… and then I decided to look it up and got a bunch of different dishes.” She stretched her arms out, “Then I thought it be a good idea to ask a chef.”
“And what did you find?”
“There’s some Chinese dish that you basically deep-fry your chicken and then coat it in a thick sweet, lemon sauce.” Ace licked her lips, “Sounds good – kind of like the orange chicken I ate recently.”
“Anything else?”
“There’s like an Australian method and totally different Italian dish, but you know me – I’m a Chinese food fiend.”
“Which means,” Biff rolled his eyes, “You want me to make it for you.”
Ace grinned, “Exactly!”
Biff groaned, “Is this all I’m good for? Food and once in a while a shoulder to cry on?”
“Not just food,” Ace hopped out of the chair, “You’re pretty good to look at too.”
“So now you’re calling me eye candy?”
Ace nodded, “Yep – now go get in the kitchen and make me some lemon chicken!”

Characters:
Ace (Various) and Biff from Flaming Snowball

Ponta

Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 AM

>>> Ravioli

We were sitting at the kitchen counter, eating raviolis in spaghetti sauce. Evan ate hungrily, devouring the little pasta bits as if he hadn’t eaten in years. He must had seen me watching him because he quickly dropped his fork into his bowl and turned his head away from me.
“What are you looking at,” he scoffed.
He probably thought I was thinking about his height again. He was so self conscious about being short. I personally thought it was cute but he hated the word “cute.”
“Your table manners,” I teased.
He turned back towards me, a smirk on his face. “Well this isn’t a table so I can eat however the hell I want.”
I wanted to laugh but I knew he’d get mad, so I just stabbed my fork into a ravioli, “Did you not have lunch today?”
“Or breakfast.”
“Why not,” I frowned.
“Because,” he started shoveling his food into his mouth, “Ghost keeps making these weird recipes that turn out like crap. She used up all the food!”
“Oh…” I hadn’t expected that. I knew Ghost liked to cook but not to the point she’d try just about anything to use that was in the kitchen.
“She’s taken everything and made it into a crappy dish except the kitchen sink,” Evan went on to groan.
“Hey,” a shout came through the wall. We both turned to see Ghost’s hand sticking through my apartment door and unlocking the lock. She then pushed the door open and came in with a plate covered in aluminum foil. “My food doesn’t taste like crap!” She flew towards Evan, grinning and sticking the plate in his face. “This came out just perfect!”
“No,” Evan struggled to get away from her, “I’m already eating food!” He picked up his fork and shoved it in Ghost’s face, “And it’s edible!”
“Edible,” Ghost laughed, “Raviolis are nothing compared to my ultimate ham, walnut, apple, pumpkin paste paninis!”
And with Ghost’s announcement of her latest creation, Evan turned green.

Characters:
Elle, Evan, and Ghost from Immortal Ghost