Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-03-2018, 02:14 PM

July 3, 2018,

Going to run some errands today. This fall my classroom theme is going to be "Avengers." I'm done making all my Music Avengers posters but now I need to get fabric for the bulletin boards. In the past I've done How to Train Your Dragon (2 times actually lol), Star Wars, and Harry Potter. But I want to get some fabric that is superhero/avengers to tie it all together.

I also have to pick up a prescription today.

And OMG...I'm freaking out about buying a new phone - I hate spending large amounts of money but hopefully I can make this new phone last 3-5 years like I've done the past couple phones I've had!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-06-2018, 07:49 PM

July 6, 2018

So there is a hurricane in the Atlantic. A few projections have it pointed at us. Just what we need...another one. Think we had our fair share last season. We could use a break.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-08-2018, 07:52 PM

July 8, 2018,

Hubby is a racing fan so I bought tickets to the Daytona race yesterday as his birthday gift. (His birthday was on June 30th). Never been to a race before because, let's be honest, it's totally not my thing. It was so looooooong. LOL But I'm glad the rain held off so he could have a good time.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-09-2018, 02:20 PM

July 9, 2018,

Yesterday I was sick. OTL I literally did nothing but sleep or go on the internets. LOL I was not productive in the slightest. I'm feeling so much better this morning...not 100%...but sooo much better Thank goodness! I need to go out and get a birthday present for a friend for tomorrow. Couldn't do that yesterday.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-11-2018, 04:17 PM

July 11, 2018,

Yesterday was one of my best friend's birthdays. We celebrated with her last night and had a ton of fun :) She got a new kitten and it is so ADORABLE!!!

Also - today is free slurpee day at 7-11. :D May be stopping by one of those tomorrow LOL

And tonight I'm eating dinner with a friend at a new local Irish Pub :D

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-12-2018, 09:25 PM

July 12, 2018,

So this do-do forgot about slurpee day yesterday even after posting about it. LOL Oh well! Maybe next year!

Today has been a stay at home day. Actually been working on lesson planning and have sequencing and songs picked for 1st and 2nd grade so far. After I get it all sequenced, I'll actually dig deeper into the lesson and write it all out.

I belong to a facebook page dedicated to the town in which I live and teach. Someone posted a "Help teachers" post and asked all teachers on the page to make an amazon wish-list for their classroom and post it. I posted it and a parent of a student at my new school in the fall saw it and donated these awesome answer buzzers and some wrist bells for the classroom.

She then took it and shared my wish list to the facebook page dedicated to my new school that is opening in the fall and I now have donations of classroom music posters, pop tubes that are a fun addition to any song (you can swirl them to sound like wind or crunch them up for emphasis!), and ukulele wall holders :) Super excited to have such supportive parents at my new school! It's completely different from the one I've been at! Super excited!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-15-2018, 08:30 AM

July 15, 2018,

2nd tike this week going to be at 11 and waking up at 3:30, wide awake. Can't fall back asleep. Ugh.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-17-2018, 11:32 PM

July 17th,

Soooo....I think Mene is dying. OTL I've noticed that the "new posts" won't show a new post if the post was posted x-amount of time ago. I haven't figured out how long it takes for it to just disappear from the new posts scroll. But, logging in right now, there are literally NO posts in the new posts scroll. Like..it's white. Blank. Nothing there.

It just makes me so sad. :(

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-21-2018, 12:51 PM

July 21, 2018,

I am the luckiest music teacher in the world. The parents at my new school are so supportive. They see my wishlist and every day at least 1 thing is purchased for our program. It's been like Christmas in July with these items currently coming to my house (the school still isn't finished with construction and won't be for another week or so...so I had to have them all sent here).

We currently have 6 ukuleles, 6 lollipop drums, 24 pop tubes, musical spoons, thunder tube, 4 stools to use for drumming, a star tambourine, a Freddie the Frog Book, 12 wrist bells, a bulletin board set, a set of jeopardy buzzers, ukulele wall holders, 12 ukulele picks, 3 rainsticks, 2 finger puppets - a lobster and a bluebird, a chime, and 24 bean bags donated. I also had a parent contact me that she was talking to her child's doctor who apparently is part of a ukulele community group. She said that the group would love to donate some ukuleles to the school to get it started! We are so lucky! I can't wait for the school year to start. :) I haven't felt this excited in a couple of years now!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-22-2018, 07:39 PM

July 22, 2018,

I went to IKEA yesterday with one of my best friends. She and I go once a year together. I got a carpet to go under the new dining table my husband and I bought last week. We haven't ever owned a table lol...it was about time!!

I also got a couple small things for work.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-26-2018, 11:53 AM

July 26, 2018,

So I have 9 donated ukuleles sitting in my guest room at the moment! I'm floored by the generosity of the parents at this new school. We also had a set of 18 inch aqua colored metal stools arrive yesterday. These are perfect for kids when we do any kind of drumming. I'm excited. I didn't think anyone was going to purchase them but I put them on my wish list anyway.

We aren't allowed in the school until August 2nd. I was hoping we could get in early because I have to get not only these donated items to school but also all of my personal items. Unfortunately, they said that construction is literally going through August 1st and even then, the construction crew will still be there through preplanning finishing odd-jobs.

Apparently there was a fire at the place where they purchased play ground equipment...so we'll be starting off the year without a playground. We'll have to get through these little hiccups. That's the territory of a new school I guess! But at least I don't take kids out to the recess ;) Lucky me! :D I love being a music teacher :P

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-29-2018, 11:15 PM

July 29, 2018,

So we go back to school on Thursday! Summer vacation flew by. I'm super excited to see my new school and my new classroom and get to working!!! I haven't felt this motivated in a while!

Hubby and I are in the process of replacing what used to be mulch in the front landscaping to rocks. It. Is. A. Process. LOL A pain in the butt. But it looks so much better and will help with preventing weeds! Hoping to finish the front tomorrow at least.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-31-2018, 11:07 AM

July 31, 2018,

Yesterday I wasn't feeling 100%. I've been pretty sure I'm lactose intolerant for a while. Small amounts of milk have been okay but anything greater than like 1 cup of milk or 2 scoops of icecream kills my stomach. I hate nut milks...I think they are gross. And Soy milk is okay but I've heard so many bad things about it. So I just continue to drink regular milk in moderation.

But I'm pretty sure my reaction is getting worse. WHen we were in Iceland, we went to this farm that made their own icecream using the dairy from their cows. Of course, I couldn't make up my mind what flavor to try so I got 2 scoops on a cone. and then the guy said, "For 1 dollar more you can add soft serve in the cone itself!" so of COURSE I had to do that...2 ice cream flavors and 1 soft serve flavor? How many times could I do that with the freshest icecream I've ever had? Literally...the cows watched us as we ate! The next day I had such bad food poisoning I threw up twice next to a waterfall and then was stuck in bed at the airbnb the rest of the day with a fever. I had terrible stomach cramps after that for days.

A couple weeks ago, I made a Green Tea Latte. I do this every month of so as a nice treat and it's so much less expensive than going to Starbucks. I usually do a cup of milk and this time there was about a 1/4 cup of milk left in the jug after I took my cup-full...so I just added it in because I hate when you leave a trace amount in the jug for the next person. That evening and the next day I had terrible stomach cramps...something fierce. It was terrible. Lesson learned - leave the extra milk.

Except two days ago when Hubby and I were putting out rocks...I ate scoop of icecream afterwards. I can usually do a couple scoops at home with no problem. BUt this one scoop...this ONE scoop...again stomach cramps all day yesterday. A slightly elevated fever. NOT FUN.

SO OVER IT.

I WANT TO DRINK MILK AND I CAN'T UGH

I didn't even like milk until I turned 22. I think my body knew I just couldn't have it. But my heart wants to drink it. Damn.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM

August 1, 2018,

So stupid me went out with a friend yesterday. Was finally feeling better and we were like "Let's get boba tea!" The damn thing had milk in it. I'm an idiot. Yesterday was worse than the day before. SO I'm think I'm going to just cut milk out cold turkey. No more. No more icecream either since that bothers me too. Cheese is fine so far...thank goodness...I'd kill someone if I couldn't have cheese!

TOMORROW I GET TO FINALLY SEE MY NEW CLASSROOM! I'M SO EXCITED TO START SCHOOL TOMORROW!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-05-2018, 12:38 PM

August 5, 2018,

My new school is AMAAAZZZZIIIINNNNGGGG!!! My Principal (who I've worked under for 2 years now...just at my previous school) made my room with teal accents for me! She chose teal for me because it's my favorite color!!! I was so excited when I finally walked in an saw that...I squealed!!! We are the first public school in the state of Florida with a SMARTLab. And we have technology coming out of our ears! I'm beyond excited!!!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-05-2018, 03:43 PM

x 0 squeals for teasls with you
Have a great new school year

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-06-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

x 0 squeals for teasls with you
Have a great new school year
hummy: Once it's all set up, I will take a photo and show it to you! It's really an amazing class :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-06-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
hummy: Once it's all set up, I will take a photo and show it to you! It's really an amazing class :D

I am so happy you found a school you seem to love
I am very excited for your new year <3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-13-2018, 01:36 AM

Thanks yummy:)

September 12, 2018,

Its definitely in the midst of the school year. I am tired ALL. THE
TIME. LOL

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-18-2019, 04:17 PM

February 18, 2019,

I know it's 2019 but we don't have an updated forum so....I'll post in here.

I'm a bit pissed off at the moment. My school district STILL does not have a contract for us for the CURRENT school year. That means the school year that ends at the end of May...we are still working off our OLD contract.

The district offered us a measly .9% raise. Yes folks, a raise that doesn't even cover the cost of living increases. Our union rejected the offer and countered with a 5% raise since we haven't had about a 1% in the past 5 years. Other counties surrounding us get a steady increase every year...but my county doesn't value teachers apparently.

Our union finally declared an impasse. Which means they need a magistrate to come in and rule on a final number. But the county school board keeps pushing back the day of the hearing. We're back to the end of April as our date at this point...which means a month before the end of the year.

I have a feeling the county is going to keep pushing it back until past the end of the school year and somehow rule that "Oh well..school year is over...you just worked for your previous contract...so that's what you get. Let's try again next year."

And for those reading this...we CAN NOT STRIKE in the state of Florida. It is a "right to work state" which means if we strike, we automatically get fired.

I'm getting beyond pissed. We've been holding rallies before every school board meeting and then we all go and sit in their meeting...like 650 people sitting in there wearing "red for ed." Most of the rallies, the board members just ignore us. This past time a school board member noted, "I appreciate you are here fighting for what you believe in, but I just want to note that at least your insurance rates haven't increased in five years...you should be thankful for that!" What a dick.

So done. My mortgage payment has increased 120 dollars a month...and I just can't. We could really use that raise to counter act these higher tax rates and insurance rates on the house....but screw my school board for saying we don't need a cost of living raise.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-20-2019, 04:01 AM

I'm so sorry you aren't getting pay raises.
Right to work is a tough thing to deal with

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-18-2019, 12:16 PM

June 18, 2019,

So I've been going to the Doctor's lately for a variety of issues. The past year or so, my feet have been swollen and stiff upon waking up. In that same time, when I sleep on my side, that are has been going numb. So I constantly switch back and forth. (I'm a side sleeper). All night long I'm tossing and turning and arms are going numb. Well, about 1 month ago...my shoulder started hurting and my right arm and hand were just numb 100% of day and night for like 2 weeks. After a couple days of that, my shoulder stopped hurting by my left arm and hand started to go numb as well.

So I decided to see a doctor...she confirmed I have a B12 vitamin deficiency but that was not explaining ALL of my symptoms. She tested for a variety of things...I don't have rheumatoid arthritis, I don't have diabetes, I don't have carpal tunnel, etc.

She says it MAY be fibromyalgia in addition to the B12. But she also said that I have too much anxiety and I don't sleep nearly enough. (I've never slept enough...any little things wakes me up and I might stay asleep 2 hours at most before waking up for a while). She is also testing me for food allergies. And she x-rayed my neck. (I injured my neck/back when I was 17). I have some degenerative spots in multiple places in my neck. She said, at this point, nothing urgent...but that it explains my aching neck and shoulder. (I constantly wake up with headaches that start in my neck area).

I feel so OLD. Seriously. OLD.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-23-2019, 11:25 PM

I hope supplements help.
I have B12 deficiency as well, my last B12 vitamin tasted like we and I wouldn't take it so she prescribed a different brand. Drink lots of water helps me feel better <3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-28-2019, 12:14 AM

July 27, 2019,

Still experiencing numbess, especially at night. Been doing an elimination diet - four week mark is tomorrow! Then to start adding foods back and seeing if I react to them.

I wish that Inso or someone would just come on here and be honest with the Menewshans that have stuck around. This place is dead. There is no denying it. Which is so damn sad. Like, if you can't take an interest in your business venture, at least sell it off or announce that you are closing it down. Don't just leave it in limbo and keep telling us "we are working on it." :(

Hummy - my B12 tastes kind of like oranges :P The pills are just SO big, I chop them in half and still have difficulty swallowing even the half! LOL

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-02-2019, 04:20 PM

I agree I wish Inso Would just come on and say if someone wants to buy it it's for sale.
It's so sad to be on here anymore it's not even funny

I've been put on vitamin D as well as vitamins B12
And taking iron with vitamin C Has really helped me a lot
I hope you're doing better sweetie, I think of you often and I am keeping you and yours in my prayers hoping Dorian leaves y'all alone!