ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 03-22-2016, 01:20 AM

"Just because they have a common goal doesn't mean they will cooperate with each other or that they will mesh well and be compatiable to work together," the king pointed out, helping himself to what remained of the breakfast food which was still on the table . "Rotating them regularly may work but if you don't it just right so that it is all fair and balanced then it could lead to an uprising in the ranks which would become much more of a mess then just so filithy, mangey thieves."

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-22-2016, 01:49 AM

"We're not going to talk about thieves right now. We're going to focus on how we can get this trading route done safely." Micah said seriously. He didn't want to get into a heated discussion about thieves since he knew it would get out of hand and Micah would probably do something he'd regret later even though he's be defending his father. How could they get this trading route done? If the men wouldn't work together the way they were supposed to then what other choice did they have? Micah had to quickly come up with another way to get this done properly without any fights breaking out.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2016, 12:31 AM

"I was using them as an example, dear boy, no need to get defensive" He grinned at him through food littered, stained teeth before polishing off what was left on his plate. "How do you expect to fun this route? It is all well and good suggesting it boy but what of the details? The security, the funding, the contractors to build such a route, not to mention the merchants to actually carry out the trading."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-26-2016, 01:04 AM

Micah looked down at his nails as he thought about the question being asked. "Fund it?" he repeated. "First I need to know if it would actually be used. I'm not going to get something done if no one is even going to use it. The way I'm thinking of funding it is half and half. We're both going to be using it I assume, so it's only fair that we both pay for it. I mean, it's not like we can't afford to." Micah said honestly. He really did hope he was doing a good job.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 03-28-2016, 05:34 PM

"If it works well then yes I don't see why I wouldn't us it, though what of the contractors and the security. Or a better, more valid point, taxing, a toll on the road about half way. All proceeds from said toll tax gets split evenly to reimburse the kingdoms. After all, we deserve something out of this too, not just the merchants."
He chuckled softly to himself at this, small piece of food spraying from his mouth alittle in the process. Kyra grimiced alittle at the disgusting sight, just when I thought he couldn't get any more repulsive, he goes and proves me other wise" She help back a shudder.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-30-2016, 02:50 AM

"How big or small is this taxing toll you're talking about?" Micah asked. "I do agree that it is a good idea." he added. How much exactly did the king want to charge the merchants for using this route that was being discussed? This king was disgusting and needed to drink some water or something to clean his mouth off. It was really bugging Micah, of course he didn't let it show but he was proud of himself for being the way he was. Always so clean, he wanted to look presentable for whoever he met and it was clear that this king didn't care about what he looked like in front of others.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 04-01-2016, 05:42 PM

"Hmm atleast a 10% cut of their earnings should surfice, don't you agree?" He grinned, his gaze drifting to Kyra as she took a step forward but was quickly stopped as the guard grabbed her arms, pulling her bac and preventing her from going any further. She shook with rage and anger, though the king mistook the visible shaking as fear at being caught by Micah's guard.
"Seems your new little pet still has some lessons to learn. If you need any help with her, I am more then happy to help break her in"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-01-2016, 08:15 PM

Ten was a big number, "Why not five?" Micah asked and followed the king's Gaze to Kyra. What was she up to? Listening to the king, Micah smirked. "Perhaps..." he said softly and looked at the king. "Please excuse me for a moment, I think I'll go have a talk with her. Maybe I will need to lock her in my room while we continue our discussion." Micah said seriously as he stood, "I shall return shortly." he promised the king and bowed in respect before walking towards Kyra and his guard. Looking at her, he narrowed his eyes, having to play the part of the bad guy while the king was still there. "What seems to be the problem? I don't recall you being allowed to speak on this topic. The king and I are trying to work out this treaty to say what you must but quickly because I have business to attend to." he said seriously.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 04-05-2016, 05:35 AM

"10% would repay the cost and bring in a profit for the economy, 5 wouldn't be enough to sustain the drain" He had his own slight edge of seriousness now though gave a nod and a slight gesture for him to take his leave, "Take your time" He leant back little in his seat to watch 'the show'
"I'm sorry your highness, it seems the little wretch doesn't know her place. Would you like me to deal with her, sir?" The guard asked cooly, a firm hand still on her arm, Kyra's hands balled into tight fists as she shook with anger which the king was still clearl mistaking for something else. "M-my apologises sire.. I..I didn't mean to not act my place.."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-06-2016, 05:17 AM

Micah sighed softly and looked at Kyra, "I don't know what it is that's bothering you but we're going to have a chat about this later." he said seriously and looked to his guard. "Take her back to my room and wait with her there. Do as you wish just don't kill her because I expect to talk with her after this treaty is settled." he whispered and turned away before walking back to the king and taking his seat. "I apologize for that interruption your highness." Micah started and offered a soft smile. "So then it shall be ten if that is the only way to bring in profit then I see no reason as to why I shouldn't agree." he said with a chuckle.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 05-20-2016, 06:00 PM

Kyra lowered her head alittle further as the Guard 'roughly' lead her out of the room and back down the corridors and ack to Micah's room where he proceeded to guard her and watch as paced back and forth ranting to herself under her breath in a foreign tongue. The guard waited for aout ten mintues efore excusing himself, locking her inside the room and heading back to where he left his prince, not liking the idea of leaving him unguarded, he didn't trust the greedy, gluttonous king.

The king chuckled softly "I'm glad we have an agreement. No need to appologise, she is you first one, it takes time to break and train them properly, a small mishap like that in the esinning is bound to happen, just remember that just ecause she is a pretty face does not mean you should e soft with her. Be sure to discipline her properly. Now on to other matters. This treaty with allso mean peace etween our lands, what do you say to relying on one another should another go to war with another kingdom? We can assist each other in attle and ring about victory much more easily"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 PM

Micah sat in silence and listened to what the king was saying. Well he was right but Micah wasn't one to hurt people. What did he gain? Fear? He didn't exactly want citizens to fear him, he wanted his people to be able to trust him. Enlisting fear into them wasn't the way to gain trust. "That is correct, oh of course I will agree to this notion." Micah agreed. If this treaty really did bring peace between both kingdoms then he would be fine with helping his newfound ally in any war his ally found himself in. "Now, this is not an excuse to go into war without proper reason though." Micah commented seriously. Just because he agreed to help, didn't mean this king could go off and start wars with every kingdom he could think of.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2016, 02:52 PM

"Oh no not at all. I would not dream of it. Of course if there was a threat or it was to make the lives of another land better then that would be a different matter entirely" A sickening grin came to his features and he finally took another deep swig from his wine goblet which had once more been refilled during their conversation by a servant girl who was trying to make herself invisible against one wall when the guard silently returned and took his place once more watching over Micah.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-07-2016, 06:30 PM

Threats. That was something Micah was on the fence about because sometimes threats were just that. The person making the threat usually didn't go through with it since all they want is to scare the person. But, what if the person actually goes through with it and the others were caught by surprise? "Threats are something not to be taken lightly. Now, I wouldn't attack unless I was attacked first or if I have enough reasons to believe that the person making the threat really means it." Micah explained quietly.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 06-29-2016, 10:21 AM

The king gave a nod though it was clear he only listened to the sections of what Micah said that he wanted to hear, "Good, good, we are on the same page then. Is there anything further you would like to add or should I get my scribe to write all this up for us to sign?"
The king stared down the table, locking eyes with him now, his gaze only briefly shifting to the guard as he returned.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-05-2016, 11:32 PM

Something seemed off, was the king really listening to what he was saying? "Well nothing comes to mind at the moment. Before we make anything official though, will we be able to add to it when ideas do come up?" Micah asked seriously. This was a serious thing going on here, he couldn't just agree to every little thing. His parents wouldn't like that, they told him that these were things he really needed to think about before just signing yes to it.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 08-06-2016, 08:50 AM

"Once the final draft has been signed, no. However I will have my scribe write it up and you can look it over to see if it satisfactory enough for you, how does that sound?"
The king smiled down at Micah from his seat at the table. The young prince was smarter then he thought, he knew he was going to have to be more cunning and careful if he wanted things to go in his favour.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Micah listened to the king, in his head he wanted to believe that he meant well but one could never be so trustworthy of anyone. "That will work." he answered. If something wasn't to his satisfaction there was no way he was signing. He could easily just call the whole thing off and head home but he had come here for a reason and he was going to make sure he completed the task given to him before returning home.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2016, 10:22 PM

The King grinned widely.
"Brilliant, then it is settled then. My scribe shall write it up and present it to you once it has been completed"
He rose to his short, pudgy legs and made his way out of his position at the table and to where a young man had been sat in the shadows, writing down everything that had transpired.
"Got all that?"
"Y-y-yes s-sir"
The young man stuttered, quickly packing away his things and hurrying out of the room as quickly as he could.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-08-2016, 10:52 PM

Micah nodded, that sounded fine by him. At least now he could excuse himself and go check on the girl. "Very well then." he said quietly and watched the disgusting man walk over to a young man who looked frightened. Micah felt bad for the people here, having to call this man their 'King'. This man wasn't even befitting of that title. "If you'll excuse me, I must go check on that girl." Micah explained and bowed his head before walking away. He noticed that his guard was still watching over him from the doorway and smiled reassuringly.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2016, 11:53 PM

The king gave a slightly dismissive wave as he proceeded to close in on the serving girl who had been trying to make herself invisible.
The guard watched Micah, giving a slight nod before training his gaze on the King once more, not turning to leave until after his charge had already left. Closing the door behind himself, he followed after him.
"Did things go as you wish, your highness?"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-09-2016, 12:07 AM

Micah said nothing until the door was closed. "It should be. I'm not signing until it is." he answered quietly as they walked. He wasn't stupid, and if this king thought he could outsmart him, he really didn't know Micah at all. Micah was trained since he could learn to speak. It was going to be hard to trick him. What if he was tricked though? Well he'd deal with that when it actually happened. "How's the girl?" he asked.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2016, 03:36 PM

The guard gave a gentle nod before walking besides, though alittle behind, Micah. He was keeping a close watch on the surroundings, there was something about this kingdom he didn't watch and he had learnt long ago to trust his instincts and his gut.
"Distressed, though I'm not overly sure why but I also didn't ask as my main concern was to return to you."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-09-2016, 07:56 PM

"I see..." Micah answered simply. What had her so distressed? "Well then, hopefully we get an answer from her." he said. He walked silently down the long halls and when they reached the room, he knocked twice before opening it and locking his eyes on her. He was surprised she hadn't tried to run off. "What's troubling you?" Micah asked after stepping into the room.