Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Thanks so much for the update, Flink. :)

Zilithandria Moonlight
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 04-05-2011, 04:37 AM

ACTING LIKE I CARE

She hesitated. Her car was parked maybe thirty feet away and she could always think up an excuse later for why she hadn't come to the party. The moon was high and the night was long into darkness, but that didn't mean the party wouldn't have a few old last-minute pranks - after all, April Fools only came once a year. She really didn't want to be here if HE was going to be here anyway, because every year she was a victim of one of his pranks. At least there was no sign of him yet. Then she shook her head, mentally reprimanding herself for being such a child about things; one simply couldn't live in fear or dread, after all. Besides, she'd heard he was going to Miami on vacation. She took one deep breath and reached for the heavy doorknob when something big fell her way.

"BOO!!" He cried out as he jumped at her. "Scared you, didn't I?"

"James, you're such a child." She replied after a moment; she was quite tempted to roll her eyes.
"The prank wasn't so bad this year after all. Maybe he's learned something." She thought as she turned the silver doorknob on the heavy oak door, only to realize her mistake as she stepped through the doorframe, her face soaked and some of her hair matted to her cheeks by a water gun prepped to shoot cold water at whomever might so dare as to join the party. James Lovechild, Company Clown and Prankaholic, hadn't said 'April Fools' when he'd greeted her.

"APRIL FOOLS!!" He grinned at her; he was shaking so hard it was easy to tell that he was about to burst with laughter. "How'd you like that one, Carol? Oh man, I outdo myself every year."

Carol Hemmingsworth was aware of sympathetic eyes reaching her from around the tidy and rather silent living room, but momentarily ignored them to give James a long and hard stare. A tight smile looked almost as if it was floating on her face as she spoke. "Just you wait, James Lovechild. Just you wait..."

James walked inside before finally breaking down; he laughed so hard he was nearly rolling on the ground. "Wait?" He gasped. "Wait for - for - what?"

Carol watched his face turn red from all the laughing and then sneered at him. "Unfortunately, it is yours."

He was confused for a moment, but only for a moment. "Ha ha, Carol. You'll have to do better than that if you want to get back at me." He sighed happily. "Ah, the look on your face when that cold water hit you. I rigged that up just for you, girly. Ha ha. Ha. Ahh..."

She stood there silently for a moment, then handed James a sheet of paper. She waited as he read it, his face turning from wearing a grin to being pale and shocked. "This-this isn't possible. We never..."

"Not me, James. Of course we never did that. It's your Sister's test results; I guess you should've skipped that last drink." She replied firmly, reaching for her phone and dialing a number. After a few rings, someone on the other end answered. "Yeah. You can come in now - I gave him the paper. I'll disable the water gun."

Thirty seconds later Penny Lovechild walked through the door; her red eyes and runny make-up said that she had been crying rather recently. James looked at her and realized everything that had been said was true. "Penny, h-how...? When...?"

"It's all your fault!!" Penny screamed at her brother. "You did this!!" She broke down into crying, then began laughing hysterically. "Oh my gosh, brother, you should see the look on your face... APRIL FOOLS!!!"

The whole room burst into laughter, except for James Lovechild. He grew angry and stormed out of the house. He quit his job the next day and was never heard from by them again.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM

I am going for serious or dramatic. I am not sure which. Whichever fits best. ^_^