Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Apparently the Actress asked for the storyline, but the Writers could of had the sense not to follow it. I am tired of the "discover your sexuality in college" plot lines, since previous attempts have been for rating purposes. Some people in general - are just burned out on them and don't find them necessary... especially when they are forced and coming out of no where.

In terms. There was NO development for it.

What is bothering me with this season, is that there is a huge Gap. It is like they are trying to get back into what made Heroes, but not bothering to connect other things together.

Clarise
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2009, 07:45 PM

I agree that there's way too many blondes. I don't think it was intentional, though. It was just that everyone liked the cheerleader, and for some odd reason, we can't possibly get rid of Ali Larter (who looks better as a non-blonde, in my opinion).

I've kind of forgotten to watch it this season, and after last season, I wasn't in a big rush to catch up with it. The first episode of this season was significantly better than season 3, though.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 11-06-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm totally over Traci and her sisters. Their plotline has gone totally stale IMO. I am liking the carnival aspect this season, though I'm curious to see how it'll all end up. I wonder if Sylar is going to change...

nette
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 AM

- I find that the circus stuff is hard to follow since it was introduced without much thought of an explanation as to who are all of these people. I'm still trying to figure out what all of their powers are. The girl following Clair is just plain annoying and unoriginal.
- 'm sick of Sylar being in Matt's head that storyline just doesn't work in my opinion. Matt's a cool character when he's paired with other people but by himself he kind of falls flat. So why would viewers care abouat the drama with Sylar. It's like I'm still waiting for the point.
- I'm also tired of Noah being a loser. I mean come on! He was at the top of his came a season ago.
- Yes I agreeTracy must die. I can't stand the actress and her character Tracy is sooo annoying!
Everything just seems to fall flat this season because they're trying to tell too much and not following up on anything.
I like that their focusing more on Hiro though but that weird circus guy spying on everyone just to get them to join his lame circus club is getting old fast.

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 11-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Yeah - seems like if the circus just gave an open invitation for the others to join their family, then they might get some bites. It's how they are trying to manipulate people into joining that is getting annoying. For example, if they had stopped to learn much of anything about Hiro, they would have quickly learned that he is always willing to help people, even strangers. Kidnapping Charlie as a means to force Hiro to do their bidding was not only cruel and unnecessary, but also a good way to turn Hiro against them instead of bonding with him. If they had just asked, Hiro probably would have helped. (Yes he still needed to get over the idea of "changing the past is always bad" but after that he would have gladly helped.)

I agree that the writers seem to be just trying to throw things in from past seasons that they think will make this season a success. In doing so they are missing a lot of what REALLY makes Heroes successful. Or made at least, since their "success" has been on shaky grounds ever since the first season finale.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 PM

Wow Claire... way to stick by your friends...:sarcasm:
Though I have no particular issue with WhatsHerFace being written out. What I find annoying is how easily Claire did it. I mean compared to her personality for the last Seasons... she was ALWAYS hesitant and bitter. To see her just "get over" someone almost killing her and her Mothers, and then dumping her college girlfriend for some Circus People, just not the Claire we know.

Oh yeah, and the whole killing Nathan thing :stare: I guess NBC made up their minds on who this show is about... Sylar.

oyi, whatever happens, I just hope they are able to get back into some kind of focus... I am not even sure what Sylar's purpose is anymore.

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 12-31-2009, 12:00 AM

I'm gonna butt in here & say I have the first 2 season's on DVD.

After that though, I think it went downhill. : P
I don't really watch it anymore.

But, I have a question to those who did watch it more.
...Does Hiro die? : O I heard he did...
If that's the truth than I'll be heartbroken. x [
-spoilers- x 3

>__>

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2009, 05:47 PM

`Haru - No, Hiro hasn't died yet at least. His current status is "dying" so that might be what you heard. I sincerely doubt that he will actually die though - he is too popular.

Most of seasons 3-4 haven't been very well done, especially compared to the first season. Season 3 had its moments, but I have yet to get excited about season 4 really. I'm not surprised it is loosing fans.

Bunai - yeah, this is the first time Claire hasn't stuck by her friends. Sure, I find how she has to find a new romantic interest every season annoying, but she should at least stand by whoever she is with! I won't miss Gretchen - I found her a little annoying - but after all Claire went through to be friends/girlfriends/whatever she should stand by her.

This closely relates to how Claire never stops to think or consider other people's advice though. Both Gretchen and HRG have told her that the carnival is fishy, but Claire too-stupid-to-listen Bennett of course has to fall for the trap anyway. Suuuure - let's join the people who want both your father and your girlfriend dead - that makes perfect sense! I understand wanting to be around others with abilities and all, but there are better ways to do it!

At this point, I'm no longer as sorry to see Nathan go as I once would have been. I liked Nathan a lot through the first two seasons, and considered him to be one of my favorite characters. I thought that he was interesting, had a lot of depth, and grew a lot as a character over the first two seasons. But starting in season three, it was like all the character development that had happened in the previous two seasons suddenly evaporated, and all of his worst qualities were suddenly exaggerated into his entire being. So, I no longer like Nathan, and I'd rather see Sylar. That said, I've been rather annoyed at this whole Sylar/Nathan arch, and am glad to see it finally end. Maybe now there can be more direction again.

Meanwhile - Nathan's body is still being preserved in a storage shed, so why hasn't anyone smuggled some of Claire's blood in there? Seems stupid to me. Why create this whole stupid arch out of something that should have had a two-second solution?

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-10-2010, 05:54 AM

ok, i think i made a heroes thread before, but if i did, i can't find it. sorry!

anyways...i absolutely need someone to chat about heroes with me!!! what do you think of the series? what did you think of the season finaly the other night!?

omg, i can't believe all that happened, especially in the ending. what sylar did, and what claire did!!

please! i need someone to chat with me about this! i know no one else who watches heroes! T_T

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 AM

I've found our preexisting Heroes thread, BinkaKitty, and merged it with your own. :)

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 AM

Monday's finale was probably my favorite finale show of all the seasons. I'm really intrigued to see how they play out the next season now. And Sylar is still my favorite even though he's freaking bipolar as all hell. He's good, he's bad, he's good again, he's bad again. Just watching his arc is an interesting ride.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM

YAY SYLAR!!! I love seeing him has a hero and not a villain. It makes me happy! :XD

Kasene Teto
Still trying not to mess up OTL"

Old 02-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Omigosh Hereos is WIN!!

Quote:
Monday's finale was probably my favorite finale show of all the seasons. I'm really intrigued to see how they play out the next season now. And Sylar is still my favorite even though he's freaking bipolar as all hell. He's good, he's bad, he's good again, he's bad again. Just watching his arc is an interesting ride.
Yes, Sylar is rather bipolar in that sense, but I love how hes a good guy yet he couldn't resist making the puppet guy into a light show XD And yeah, I can't wait for the next season ether! I love how in the end everyone was walking around the caravel and they look up at Clair and say, "What the heck is she doing?" I don't know why I just liked it. But it sure was one heck of a season ending! And I think it's the first one where Sylar doesn't die!(Even though if he did die we'd all know he would come back)

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 PM

I don't really like how they wrote characters off and acted like they couldn't have been saved in other ways. Like with Nathan, Claire could have healed him, but it was like the writers forgot about that. In the finale for the last season when Angela was all "Its the only way to save him", in reference to nathan, was to stick nathan's memories into sylar's head, I was all, wtf? what about claire? and it carried on to this season again. stupid solutions and awkward plot twists.

I do like that Claire finally exposed them. And it was great homage to the first season with her suicide attempts. I'm really really curious to see what they do next season now that the secret is out.

Sizz, his character is the only reason I watch the show!

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 PM

Claire can actually heal people with her power? I thought she could only heal herself for some reason...

hehehe. Zachary Quinto = :heart:

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 AM

Yay! This thread came back to life! =D

Zachary Quinto <3

I LOVE Sylar as the hero! I couldn't help but squee when he said, "I'm a hero!" The depth of his character / bipolarness is actually what I find fascinating about him. There is so much more to him than the other characters, and they don't tend to be cardboard either.

Sizzla - Claire's blood, if put into someone elses' veins, can heal them, or even bring them back from the dead. This was certainly an option for bringing Nathan back, and completely stupid that they didn't use that option. If they had really wanted Nathan permanently dead, they should have had him die in an explosion or something so that there was no body left to heal. (Although oddly enough, Nikki still had an unscathed body after dying in an explosion . . . .)

What did everyone think about the ending that they gave for Charlie? I was pissed that after all the work they did to bring her back into the series, that she was out of it again so soon. Why can't they ever let Hiro be happy? Yes, Charlie deserved a happy life, but Hiro did too :<

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-13-2010, 02:16 AM

i just hope that this time, sylar will stay a hero! >_< i like him as a hero cuz he is so strong and stuff.

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2010, 02:23 AM

Yeah, I hope he stays a hero this time too. Although, this time I think he has more motivation to be a hero than he did before. Last time, he kinda fell into that role because he was told that he was a Petrelli and told that he was destined to be a hero. This time, he actually seems to have had a change of heart. So - we can hope!