Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 AM

I was very disapointed in the movie. The costumes were amazing and that was about it. I thought it was stupid. I watched it twice and both times hated it. I just think it could have been done better and that it was a very overrated film.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 AM

I saw it, like most movies lately while visually godly they seem to suck the story right out of it. It certainly didn't feel like the Alice in Wonderland I knew, and the visuals and acting weren't enough to make up for that fact. I was made for box office sales and that's why it ws so hollow.

pinkgabbercat

Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM

I saw this movie and I loved the Cheshire cat (but I am biased as he is my favorite character). I did have some serious annoyances with the hatter. I hated when he would go in with the Scottish accent, and it also bothered me when he wore a kilt ( I have no idea why this bothered me so much) I overall loved the character design. I also disliked the ending as well. The whole movie is based around a battle, and in a few slashes the thing is dead, they could have at least had a longer/more interesting battle.

Groove
Just Follow The Groove

Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 PM

all i will say about this is i am absolutely Mad about Alice in Wonderland. I have been an Alice in wonderland collector for many, many years of my life and i love it.

im glad to see a thread about Alice..even if it has to stem from something so mainstream [but i did love the movie]

:arrow:

lillianrose21
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 PM

i loved the movie, johnny depp did an amazing job playing the mad hatter and i loved his dance, i especially loved that when he was serious he talked with a different accent i think it was Scottish. The march hare was awesome and the Cheshire cat was so cool. All in all i think tim burton did a good job with his remake.

the antitwite
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 AM

I loved the movie. You couldnt go in expecting the same feel as the disney alice in wonderland or any of the other movies about it. It was a whole lot darker but if you look at it as a thing-in-itself I really think it was a great movie (i can understand why people dont like it, i just have different preferences)
The white queen scared the bujeezuz out of me, though she was amusing at times. I normally dislike alice in the alice in wonderland movies but I really liked her in Burtons, though im not sure why. I wanted to take the mad hatter home!!! so cute :)
Im cosplaying (i know its not an anime but i still like to call it cosplaying) as the queen of hearts at the end of the year for my friends wonderland themed party, im hoping to make a dress similar to alice's curtain dress when she is in the palace. =D

SheWhoShallNotBeNamed
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to SheWhoShallNotBeNamed

Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 PM

I didnt like it that much. It was kinda depressing and the only lively, happy part was the mad hatter when he did his dance. Otherwise it was really boring. I actually got tired watching this movie. I agree with the creator of the thread That the syfy Version Alice is better. Whats really bad is that they hyped it up all because Tim Burton made it and because the graphics were supposed to be awesome but the colors were a little dreary. I saw the syfy one before i saw Tim's and i was really disappointed.

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2010, 08:46 AM

The movie was amazing, it truly was perfect. I've loved the movie as a child, and believe Tim's view of Alice was how I viewed it as a child - I dunno, I think you really need to be a huge fan and really understand the movie to actually enjoy Tim's. The graphics were amazing, too.
Not a thing of the movie disappointed me, nothing. I could never get sick of the movie, I could seriously watch it over and over and not get sick of it.
And this is coming from someone that is beyond picky with movies (I rarely like movies since they are seem to be a huge waste of time/huge fail/repeated), so that's really saying something =P