View Poll Results: Do you think this movie is just a sellout for Disney?
Yes 21 30.88%
No 9 13.24%
Maybe, but I'll give it a chance... 38 55.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Panic
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Panic

Old 11-04-2009, 07:06 PM

I'd heard that Orland Bloom wasn't going to be in this movie. Its not like I WONT go and see it now, but it just makes me sad that they might take such a big character out.

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM

It might be the "one movie to far"...three was enough...

A good movie series leaves you wanting more but knows that if there was more it would just suck.

cbrstrshp
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 PM

I don't think POTC4 will be a sellout. I mean they left off with Jack holding the map to the fountain of youth and Barbossa cursing him. There is no way that they could leave it like that. I've been waiting for this movie since I saw POTC3 opening night.

Sanny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 AM

Hmm....Well.. It may be a little too far..Cause you can only have so many sequels, till you cannot stand it anymore. I will not judge the movie quite yet, until it's released.
I've heard quite a few things from a few different people about a new POTC movie. But I have yet to believe anything at this point and time.

Zoey Rose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 01:34 AM

This is the first time I heard that there making another pirates of the Caribbean movie. I have mix feelings about it. If this movie turns out to be as good as the other three then I would be happy. I don't want another one to be made just to get more money out it. I also don't want the new movie to stink because that would give the previous pirates of the Caribbean a bad rep.

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 AM

The first movie was excellent! The second was decent. The third......well.....it was the third in the series! =p

I think the 'Ask A Ninja' ninja described the last two movie best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAf-idhAbyE :heart:

Personally, I'm not holding my breath that this film will be good (considering the direction that the series has headed in thus far). I'll still see it.....I'm a sucker for pirates and Johnny Depp films.....

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM

perhaps they can squeeze something out of it.
The bothersome thought is, that the characters we know from the first three films, are not going to be in this one.

It would make more sense to turn it into an Animated show.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
I'd heard that Orland Bloom wasn't going to be in this movie. Its not like I WONT go and see it now, but it just makes me sad that they might take such a big character out.
Indeed. The story between Will and Elizabeth is done. These new movies are set to be about Captain Jack Sparrow and his antics, as far as I can tell.

@Bunai: No offense but I hate it when shows that weren't originally animated are turned into cartoons. It just ruins it for me.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 11-09-2009 at 03:49 AM..

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-07-2009, 05:33 AM

Understandable

But having a live-action turned into an animation can keep up the content. Since movies require such time and budget, with animation more can be done with it. hmm I guess I mean it is more flexible.

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Indeed. The story between Will and Elizabeth are done. These new movies are set to be about Captain Jack Sparrow and his antics, as far as I can tell.
That actually gives me a little more hope for this movie then hahaha! After the last couple movies I was kind of hoping Will and Elizabeth would both be swallowed up by the ocean for good or eaten by the kraken or blown to bits in some massive fiery doomsplosion (not it's not a word and no I don't care hehehe). Their characters became rather annoying after a while.

However, I don't know that we can discount the fact that the scene at the end of 'At World's End' has Elizabeth and her child waiting for daddy to pop out of the ocean. So perhaps it's a little early to rule them out yet?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 AM

Well my policy on sequels is this - either make them as good or better than the original, or don't make them at all. So if they do a good job on it, I'll likely see it. If they don't, I'm not going to bother. Disney has a horrible track record for making bad sequels (including the second Pirates movie) so I've learned never to expect Disney to come out with something worth watching.

ElysiumFate

Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkbackfat View Post
However, I don't know that we can discount the fact that the scene at the end of 'At World's End' has Elizabeth and her child waiting for daddy to pop out of the ocean. So perhaps it's a little early to rule them out yet?
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw their kid appear in this movie, but I am COMPLETELY done with Will and Elizabeth's story. If I hear Keira Knightley's voice so much as once in that movie I will spontaneously combust.

KismetForever
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 AM

I actually have yet to see the 3rd PoTC movie, though I'm interested to see the 4th as well.
I really do enjoy movies about pirates, so I'll keep giving PoTC a chance.

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KismetForever View Post
I actually have yet to see the 3rd PoTC movie, though I'm interested to see the 4th as well.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075294/
Swashbuckler! One of the zaniest pirate movies I have ever seen! =p

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 AM

I'm really iffy on it. I seem to remember a big deal being made--the third would be the last, there would only be three, etc. And it bothers me when after you think it's finished.... But wait! There's more! Now give us money, please? Uhh. I like Jack Sparrow, and I'm interested to see how the adventure with the fountain of youth works out, but I feel like it's getting to be overdone.

(I say "Car-ib-ee-an". *shrug*)

ElysiumFate

Old 11-10-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KismetForever View Post
My favorite of all the POTC movies is the third one. The second was slightly annoying and I love the first, of course, but I love the third one. I think that it was wonderfully done.

kayetehpirate

Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 PM

As much as I love PoTC, I think its going a little overboard with 4, but I'm sure I'll love it anyways

Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 AM

If they are making another one *please* make it better than the third. x.x
i did like (love) 1 and 2 though
sorry elysium didnt mean to offend i just really didnt understand what was going on in that movie so from what i understood it was really wierd

Last edited by Serenna; 11-14-2009 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: clarifycation

ElysiumFate

Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Well, we're almost exactly a year away from this sucker being released, now, so I thought it was about time to necro this thread. Is anyone else getting more excited?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 AM

Won't it be about the fountain of youth? that was the implication given at the end of number 3.

And SUPER EXCITED!!!

ElysiumFate

Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzeebear View Post
Won't it be about the fountain of youth? that was the implication given at the end of number 3.

And SUPER EXCITED!!!
I'm not sure about that, but I know the villain is Blackbeard. I think they chose to go with something besides the fountain of youth, but I could be wrong.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-12-2010, 05:07 PM

I saw something on AOL about a French actress/model playing a mermaid in the new one. It also said that Elizabeth and Will are not going to be in it at all. Barbossa is supposed to be in it though.

I'm really curious about what is going to happen.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-13-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo View Post
I saw something on AOL about a French actress/model playing a mermaid in the new one. It also said that Elizabeth and Will are not going to be in it at all. Barbossa is supposed to be in it though.

I'm really curious about what is going to happen.
Yeah, Will and Elizabeth are done. That's something that I'm particularly happy about. I was tired of them and that romance was somehow lacking to me.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 05-19-2010, 04:30 AM

I personally think it's bullshit. It ended where it should end. They almost decided to do it without Johnny Depp, but thank God he decided to go along with. There just is no other Captain Jack Sparrow. I'm also not at all that enthusiastic about them making a television show about a young Jack Sparrow. The whole thing just makes me think they're just going to scrap something together so they can make money. I would love to see further adventures with Jack Sparrow, but I can just picture those in my head. If it does turn out to be good though, I will be happy, but I still will demand that there be no more! I speak this from a strong fear of sequels, I just don't want to see such a fantastic piece of brilliance ruined.

Rise from the ashes
Sugar, Spice and a littl Insanit...

Old 05-19-2010, 11:43 AM

I'm not sure if I'm excited about it or not. If nothing else I guess I'm a litle hopeful 4 will be better then 3. Half of the third one made no sense to the other two. There was a lot of things they could have tied up in the third one that were left out in the others.
I'm glad Will and Elizabeth won't be in it, I loved Will at the beggining of it but now he's annoying. Elizabeth was always annoying.
Jonny Depp has to play Jack Sparrow, else its not Jack Sparrow... Just a drunkard pirate. XD
Oh and a question, anyone know if its the same writers?