SherylNomoe
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Twilight- Yes the ever longed discussed love or hate the movies/books. So which one do you chose? Love or hate? And why. And they must be described love or hate. You cant just says "WOW THIS MOVIE JUST BLOWS". You have to have an intelligent answer. I'll start:

Book: Love

I really Liked the books. Although some people disagree on the writing style I thought it flowed rather well. The books in my opinion were more of a symbolism in how the human psyche works. Some people see it as a normal chick flick/book with vampires in it. It wasnt til recently that I saw that the vampires in these kind of movies/books show a girls inner feelings towards choosing a mate In Real life. (which are why women are always easily "seduced" in them) After doing research on psychology and watching/reading many shows books on human biology I think deep down inside many of us don't realize it but when we chose a man we love we do it by sight, sound, strength, smell etc.(not all women! but a majority!) It's just like the way vampires have been portrayed all this time. They have almost Raw animalistic like power, and they are perfect looking (most of them anyway are described as "God looking"). I think its only natural to see young girls get giddy over a strong man such as Edward or Jacob etc (its like something inside their minds tic! ie: estrogen/hormones that are natural are kicking in!), These vampires (or werewolves whatever) in Twilight are very strong very protective and in some strange way loving. And inner instincts (most people anyway not all) want that kind of man in one way or another.

Movie: Hate

As for the movie I have to complain about the girl who plays Bella. She is a total mess of an actor IMO or maybe it was the directors fault. I just can't bare to look at her constantly dumbfounded face. Anyone understand what I am talking about?! I mean the poor girl always looks like some one asked her a really dumb question and her face is stuck like that forever. Although I haven't seen New Moon yet so I dunno. Things might have changed?Also I admit that I do get annoyed by the crazy fangirlism of this movie. Drives me nuts. Yes, hes hot---this movie pushed prepuberty on you--you're horny--we get it-- the end--goodbye!~

Karvo
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Karvo Send a message via MSN to Karvo

Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 PM

Hate.

The acting is horrible. The settings are horrible (and yes, it was filmed where i live.) The vampires looks horrible. Could they have turned the contrast on them up ANY higher? Seriously? They looked like they got into a fight with a bag of flour. Edward, isn't that attractive and maybe if he shaved or idk, had any type of emotion in his acting I might have liked him. The only actor I even liked, was the werewolf boy. But the character's were one sided and had a very lack in emotion feel to them. could they smile; please; at least once? The bad guys had more spunk then they did!!!! And what was with the dialog? *face plants*

I hated the movie. I'm sorry. And I had my 5th graders read the book to me a little, ( I volunteered in a classroom and they had to read me a book) and it wasn't as horrible as the movie, but still not something I'd read. I'm gonna go curl up with my anita blake series and my interview with the vampire and be happy. Yes. Sorry Twilight fans. And I doubt I'm gonna even try to watch the second movie.

And I did try guys, I watched it with an open mind. Just, no. Sorry.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 PM

i really like both the books and movies, altho i think the books are better. they left too much out of the movies so far.
i think the books are very well written and, when i was first reading the first book, i couldn't get my nose out of it.
as for the movies, like i said, they left too much out of them, but they're still good. the cast could have been a little better, but they're still pretty good.
so far, i think they did better on the movie for New Moon than the movie for Twilight.

ajhartsfield
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Hate it Vampires don't sparkle and they picked the worst actors in the world..... read a real vampire novel read anne rice...... ps i think that girl that plays the mail character looks like a guy

Biohazard Dollii
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 PM

hate
no explination needed

PinkDoll
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhartsfield View Post
Hate it Vampires don't sparkle and they picked the worst actors in the world..... read a real vampire novel read anne rice...... ps i think that girl that plays the mail character looks like a guy
I agree 100% I love anne rice:)

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-23-2009, 01:15 AM

man, why does everyone i see hate Twilight? its not that bad. i haven't read any classic vampire stories, and i'm sure it doesn't compare to them at all, but it's still a good, romantic story.

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 11-23-2009, 02:08 AM

I rather hate it. I will give the books the props on regard to the fact it keeps you interested, however when I sit down and look it over in a book analysis fashion (as taught in all my story classes), it's crap. You can have garbage that keeps you interested, but what I feel makes these things so popular is it appears to be a a girls perfect fantasy - handsome, loving guy, he'll die for you, etc - but when you actually look at everything for more than just a surface view you see everything that is wrong - Edward blatantly disregards Bella's emotions countless times and brutally injures her heart and spirit over and over in the same manner, never learning from his mistakes and Bella is super clingy (just to name two). A relationships is never healthy when one or both of the partners cling to the other as if their life depends on it. The girl tried killing you self half a dozen times in the second book because of him for crying out loud!

There are other issues to like the outward pedophilia of the werewolves imprinting on the babies/toddlers. I know fans like to go "it's not like that", but face it, it is. These teens fall madly in love with these tiny children. They say in the books they'll be they're everything, their big brother, their cousin, whatever they want them to be because they love and adore them so much. Creepy. Even if you want to disregard the pedophilia notion, Meyer very clearly said the "brother" thing, so... these kids are going to grow up and be involved with their "brothers"? Ewww, even if they're not blood related, that's really creepy. People cringe when step siblings marry one another, this is basically the same thing.

Not to mention the grammar is AWFUL, especially in the first book. Her editors must have been high on something when they proof read it. I can't tell you how many mistakes there are, it's ridiculous.

As for the movies I will admit I have not seen them. However I have seen the trailers and seeing as I have taken acting classes (and done voice acting (that was critiqued by teachers) for my own animations) I can see the acting is god-awful. And if the acting in the trailer (which is supposed to sell the film) is bad, you know it's going to be the same, if not worse in the film (since you'll be stuck watching it for 2+ hours).

Last edited by Erailea; 11-23-2009 at 02:11 AM..

Voe
♡영웅재&...
Send a message via MSN to Voe

Old 11-23-2009, 06:16 AM

Utterly hate.

Both books and movie reflect nothing but a classic DID (damsel in distress?!) scenario. Repeatedly.
Honestly, it's more of a personal thing. When I was, what, 12 or 13? I was a Quizilla addict, reading all those DID stories written by other 13-year-olds and how vampires or demons would sweep the main character off her feet, then another equally attractive chararcter would fight over the girl.
Then Twilight comes along. I almost piss myself laughing at how similar those stories I used to read and how Twilight is. The writing style is the same, the characters are the same, the main female character is the same, the setting is same, the issues are the same, everything is the same. It makes me think, "Wow. All those 13-year-olds could've become multi-millionaires." Expect, the 13-year-olds had better grammar and in the end had proven that the main female lead isn't just a worthless object to be tossed around among attractive men.

I can get over the sparkle shit. Seriously, creativity is a plus. There is no set myths about vampires, because, hell, they're a myth. I would love to say the acting was horrid in the movie, but, they were pretty much just following their characters to the T. All of it lacks so much substance. I felt like I was watching brick walls trying to converse.

I need to go back to the vampires that get off on murder and slaughter humans on a whim. The ones that tear throats out for fun and enjoy wreaking havoc. Vampires were considered ugly monsters and terrifying creatures that would scare even the brawniest of men. Now they're our objects to get off on.

/headdesk

Amelia
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM

I wont even give them a chance, and I will explain my reasons for this.

Books; I can not count the amount of times I have heard, "It's poorly written, but an interesting story." NO. I, like many others, have a severly hard time being enticed by a book that has a grammatical issue every other second, besides the fact that no, it is not interesting. Just as Voe earlier stated, it is the same old damsel in distress theme. I share very similar tastes involving books with my English teacher, because she too appreciates a well written and interesting story. Yes, it is very possible to have both! She took the time to read these books, and spent a half an hour complaining the complete lack of depth, of basically everything. She went so far as to state it was so poor, it seemed like it was written by a high school student as a project. Really, I don't want to read a book like that.

Movies: Who did the casting for this movie? Was their goal to find the most unattractive actors the could, because they should definitely get an award for that. Aside from that, based off the previews alone they're awful actors, and I have had many friends confirm this. Who wants to watch a movie with unattractive actors who can't even act, with the same old plot line? Not me.

Vampires; What century did vampires gain the ability to go out in sunlight? Because that's amazing. Also I'm really curious as to whether or not the Twilight vamps even need to survive on blood or if the run around just eating normal food. Is blood just something they do on the side every so often? I put this in color, because I really want to know the answer. Anyway, why didn't she just make her own new species of a creature if she wasn't going to stick true to any of the vampire like qualities?

Werewolves: I also want to know when people enjoyed being werewolves, and when they gained the ability to change upon will. Most books I've read and movies I've seen that was a sort of full moon thing, and it was also a very long and painful transformation. In addition to that, I was also under the impression they had absolutely no control over themselves when like this.

Now, most importantly, I MAY just be able to over look ALL of this if it weren't for the fact that Stephenie Meyer was completely and utterly egotistical. I read an interview with her, and to sum up her thoughts she thought her book was the greatest ever, including how it was written. That is just a no. How much pride can one have to think that their terrible book was actually better than every other novel ever written?

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 11-24-2009, 01:05 AM

The books sucked so hard...as it was stated, the book has no depth to it what so ever. The characters are really static. the only one who ISN'T static is Jacob. And he's now my favorite character in the book. If Bella had been actually been a dynamic character and wasn't so fucking dependent on the emo vampire (WHO IS CONTROLLING AND HE'S A STALKER). Bella could have been a way more interesting character...but she just ended up being annoying. I'd have to say the only characters I actually like in that series was Jacob, Alice, and Carlisle. I know that Carlisle doesn't really seem to develop or change in the series, but he had to go a long way to get to where he is now, so it's the past develolpment of his character that I like.

And then there's the fact that Meyers screws up the werewolf legend in her book. Werewolves came from EUROPE, not america. And werewolves can't change at will...that has never BEEN a part of the werewolf legend.

oh...and one more thing...VAMPIRES DON'T FUCKING SPARKLE.

That's all I have to say about this.

Last edited by TheYaoiButterfly; 11-24-2009 at 01:11 AM..

jaeebird.
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-24-2009, 05:10 AM

I love the book series to pieces. I suggest it all the time when people ask for book recommendations. However, the Twilight movie was a huge letdown. It wasn't really true to the book, it moved too fast and it was confusing. The action was also terrible.
The New Moon movie that just came out is much better, I really liked it.

A lot of people like to get upset because she doesn't follow the vampire stereotype or go dark with it, but she was creative. She created her own personal vampire world with her own unique characters.

Writing is about creativity, so stepping out of the box is necessary.

I like the series BECAUSE she doesn't go with the classic idea of how a vampire should be. She did what she wanted to do, and it sold.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeebird. View Post
I love the book series to pieces. I suggest it all the time when people ask for book recommendations. However, the Twilight movie was a huge letdown. It wasn't really true to the book, it moved too fast and it was confusing. The action was also terrible.
The New Moon movie that just came out is much better, I really liked it.

A lot of people like to get upset because she doesn't follow the vampire stereotype or go dark with it, but she was creative. She created her own personal vampire world with her own unique characters.

Writing is about creativity, so stepping out of the box is necessary.

I like the series BECAUSE she doesn't go with the classic idea of how a vampire should be. She did what she wanted to do, and it sold.
yeah, i agree that that's why the books are good. they aren't like the classic stuff. they're unique and stuff like that.

Synthetika
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 AM

Hate it for pretty much all the same reasons everyone else on here hates it ~_~ i cant wait untill its forgotten in time

halfbreedfox
Watch My Eyes

Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 AM

The book sucks. Characters are annoying and one dimensional. I couldn't get past chapter five of the first book. Why the hell was EVERY GUY IN THE SCHOOL falling in love with her at first sight? It's pointless. They only show up as if to conflict with Bella's inner monologue to actually make her super-ultra-gorgeous to the readers.
And what the hell is a one hundred-year-old vampire doing, falling in love with an annoying sixteen-year-old? This guy is supposed to have vast amounts of wisdom and knowledge beyond any teenager's imagination, so why would he put up with her and her ignorance? Old people are amused, at best, with really young and cocky and whiny teenagers. Never would they get clingy and emotional over their insignificant problems.
And why the hell are they attending high school to begin with?! I don't care how young they look and it's "the law" that they have to attend a school. That's what "HOMESCHOOLING" is for! If I was a 100+ year old vampire, and looked like I belonged in school, I would do the homeschooling bit and never interact with the horrible and self-centered teenagers now-a-days. I would kill them (if I was a vampire, of course). It's just such a huge plot hole to get around, I can't stand it.

The movies only make me want to kill Stephanie Myer, or the actors. This craze is horrible. A third rate movie is rivaling great and timeless movies. It doesn't belong anywhere near media attention or the public eye.
And if I hear one more girl swoon over how "hot" the guys are, I will punch them.

I am just waiting out this horrible period of American history, so the hype will pass and no one will care anymore.

P.S: Vampires that sparkle, are not vampires. They are PIXIES.

Trissa
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 AM

I hate both the movie and the books.
The books got boring fast and were repetitive and too predictable. And who likes a gary-stue sparkling supposedly perfect vampire? They're supposed to die in the sun not look like a 7 year old's fairy princess toy.
The actors weren't the best and it just all around sucked for the movie.

Flutychiick
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Flutychiick Send a message via MSN to Flutychiick

Old 11-26-2009, 12:44 PM

what is it with the cullens?? JEEZ!! why is everyone so obsessed with twilight? what do people see in a bunch of sparkly vampires who are such PUSSIES! if your boyfriend wears lipstick, dresses with style, doesn't want to kiss you, and sparkles.. its not because he's a vampire! what happened to the ORIGINAL vampires?! the ones which BURN and NOT SPARKLE?!?! all the cullens need now is to get sum fluffy fairy wings, a tutu, some ballet shoes and GO JOIN THE SPARKLY FAIRIES!!! at least they will fit in.

People say that Vampire Diaries are based on Twilight.. BULLSIHT!! Vampire Diaries was around WAAAYYY before twilight!! what happened to the good ol' classics like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Dracula?! twilight is like Dawson's Creek, except with vampires, i.e. overly DRAMATISED!!! not to mention, Twilight is soo SUPERFICIAL!! its all bout bella and how she falls in love with a vampire, and they have a massive soppy thing going, then he leaves coz he's '..unpredictable' and she goes all depressed and siht, coz she and him broke up..

HELLO??!!! WAKE UP SUNNYSHINE!! CANT YOU SEE THAT THERE ARE HEAPS OF GUYS AT YOUR SKWL WHO WOULD LOVE TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE SWEETHEART!! HE's LEFT YOU FOR A REASON.. he is so CLINGY and OVERPROTECTIVE!..!! PLUS, HE KNOWS HE'S DANGEROUS, AND HE'S TRYING TO SPARE YOU THE HEARTACHE OF BEING HURT BIMBO!! and now.. you're turn edward.. POOFTER!! WHY DO YOU WASTE SO MUCH BODY GLITTER?!?! you are so gay, with your high pitched velvety voice, poofy messy hair.. you look like you reside in the woods, bicth. Just get over yourself man, noone wants to fcuk you like you think they do.. your too pale man, you look like you just got dug up outta the grave, and not to mention.. when you eat grapes, you have a habit of jizzing in your pants!

Now, bak to you bella.. what a gay name!! imagine.. *adopts high voice* 'oh hi there, my name is bella, and i am inlive with a sparkly monster, even tho he beats me during sex, i still love him :)' DO you want to know WHY james wanted to kill you?!
a. Bella Swan is a Mary-Sue
b. He is an agent for Tyler's van
c. He thought you were Stephanie Meyer
d. Brain Cells were dying EVERYWHERE
e. Girls and mums wanted to be you
f. He was going to finish what Tyler's van started
g. He needed a new chew toy
h. you were "perfect"
i. You are made of epic fail
j. You had to die.
k. Take a hint from Snow White.. apples are POISONOUS

Leenalia
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-26-2009, 12:54 PM

I go with D.

To be quite honest, I don't even remember the vampires in Twilight being sparkly....I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Flutychiick
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Flutychiick Send a message via MSN to Flutychiick

Old 11-26-2009, 01:05 PM

I'm over the twilight this and twilight that.. anyhow the books aren't written very well.. it's very illiterate.. i spose it makes it easier for dumb-asses to like it.

Akutenshi Uke
The Weird Otaku Girl
Send a message via MSN to Akutenshi Uke

Old 11-26-2009, 01:12 PM

lol rant much? For your information not all of the readers read Twilight because of Edward, also no one is forcing you to read it or see it, and you can just ignore the teenage girl (It's easier than you think) so I don't see what the big problem is.
No Twilight is not like every other vampire novel but so what? It's only the fans that makes up rules for how such one should be...
The only bad thing I can say about Twilight is that well... the 4th one was somewhat of an anticlimax... but no one is perfect.

Also bitching over fiction like that, doesn't make anyone any better than the crazy fangirls....

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 11-26-2009, 01:16 PM

I have no intentions of hopping whole-hog into the middle of this, but it's actually pretty tough to ignore this series. The pop culture blitz is nothing short of amazing.

Manga_Animefan1223
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-26-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinmotsu View Post
I have no intentions of hopping whole-hog into the middle of this, but it's actually pretty tough to ignore this series. The pop culture blitz is nothing short of amazing.
?pop culture blitz?
oh, anyways, back to the Q.
yea, bella's anoooyyyiinnnggggg it's like, i like edward. i hate this place. i need new underwear (Ok, THAT wasn't in the book, but bullshiiit anywayz, cause it SUCKS):rawrmayor:

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 11-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Hey Flutychiick,
I've merged your thread with the 'Twilight love or hate' thread in Media. Please check for threads on your subject before you create a new one. (:

On topic: I attempt to ignore the whole twilight craze. I've read the books, the story was interesting, but too dramatic for my tastes (to the point where the drama was unrealistic). I saw the first movie and couldn't help but laugh at how often the actress that plays bella just leaves her mouth hanging open. and how awkward EVERYONE in the film seemed to be. I couldn't stand it. So when the second one came out my husband and I couldn't help but laugh when the newpaper article covering the premier had a photo of bella in the same retarded look mouth hanging open eyes blank as ever. Poor Bella, the character has more potential than the director (and even Stephanie Meyer) gave her. ho-hum.

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 11-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Really loved the books honestly. But I totally hated the movies.... bad acting can destroy even the best ideas. The movies could have been done SO much better.... better actors, better screenplay... I mean they changed way too much. There were a FEW decent parts in both movies so far, but not enough to make them GOOD movies. The wolves - in wolf form - were pretty good special effects wise but other than that the movies were just a huge let down to me. Guess that is the way with most book-to-movie experiences though, very few ever live up to the author's visions on screen.

iBonedSanta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-26-2009, 08:45 PM

Definately hate, i haven't read the books, but i've seen the movie, people i now are way to obsessed with it, this girl wore a 100$ dress to school the same one bella wore in the movie, she had pictures of all the different scenes bella was wearing it in. What team are you on??? i have no clue what you are asking me still, even though i have heard that question a few hundred times. it annoys me how much people are obsessed with this movie.