Snowy_Summer_Day
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowy_Summer_Day

Old 11-27-2009, 05:39 AM

Actually that's a good question. I think that the books for twilight are great. The book had a great story and was well written. The actors in the movie not so much. Not to mention the major flaw. The vampires glitter. That addition is rather unnecessary. In conclusion, twilight, so-so.

ainebella
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ainebella

Old 11-28-2009, 04:54 PM

I Love the books! theres just something different about them from other book that makes the creative. The twilight series got me back into reading again. (sorry but the harry potter seriers killed it for me, for a while.)

Movies okay not overly fond of them but okay. (totally think they could have gotten better actors to play Edward and Bella) With Twilight I found was extreamly cheassy but with New Moon was it better and well done I think, they stayed closer to the book with is one, unlike Twilight where they didn't.

Saiyouri
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-01-2009, 03:37 AM

Hate
I heard about what the stories were about and the movie and I got disgusted. I can't believe she changed an age old myth. Vampires are wimps and they don't sparkle. I would rather read Anne Rice, something I am trying to do, but the stupid book store didn't have Interview with a Vampire in, I am hoping they do when I go back in December sometime for a christmas present for my hubby. I have always believed in vampires and someone ruining a myth just really sickens me and upsets me alot. I can't believe the movies and books have done as well as they have ; ;

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 12-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Personally, I love the books. Stephanie Meyer is an extremely good writer and she came up with a great story. That's all there is to it.

&Honestly speaking, I think whoever says they hate them, are just closed-minded & just won't give them a chance. Or, they're just scared that they'll like it.
That's pretty much what I've learned from my own experiences.
If you've atleast tried it and can say you hate it, then I can't really say anything or do anything except go into denile.

But, for god's sake. Please, atleast try it before you judge.

The movies though, I have to say I rather dislike them with a passion.
The acting is terrible and everyone swooning over Robert Pattinson just makes it a hell of alot worse. Come on, Ladies. He's butt ugly.
And Bella is just too melodramatic for my liking. Scratch that if she got better in the second movie, I don't know.
I've never see New Moon, nor do I plan on it.

I understand this is about opinions, don't get mad at me.
I was just stating my own. v.v;

Last edited by `Haru; 12-04-2009 at 04:44 PM..

GreenLy
MS.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM

I did not read the books and won't after seeing the movie. I was warned not to see it and I thought she was exaggerating. She was not.

fr00glet3hm00gle
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-05-2009, 10:01 PM

First of all, I like Menewhsa because I can express my opinion without getting bashed for it.

Books;;
The books were really great. I loved how Meyer described, and I think one of my favorite descriptions by her is the difference form human to a vampire. I also love how she portrayed the strong emotions in the books.
Some say that shes not one of the best writers ever, this is true, but the story is amazing. But I must say I lost interest after everyone decided they wanna read the books just because theyre popular, because when Twilight first came out, I read it, and I suggested it to my friends, and they just pushed me over, but now that everyones talking about it, theyre sudenly interested in it.

Movies;;
When I first saw Twilight, I thought it was pretty good, but once I compare it to new moon, I decided that Twilight was a hot mess.
First of all, Hardwicke was all over the place, and it was such an ameteur film, I don't think she was a great director, and I was so happy when I heard there was a new director. There was too many odvious flaws in the movie. The main one that bugged me was that there was only makeup on their face, so whenever their hand was near their face, their hand was tan, and their face was pale. also, their face was pale and their neck was tan.
One of my friends said that in one movie, they zoomed in so close to their face, you could see their contacts. I dont remeber what movie that was from.

But new moon was a great improvement. the actors were more experienced as to what they were doing, and Weitz gave a lot better direction, and I guess theres more money from all the merchandise, and the first movie, it was mroe advanced, and it looked like a lot more time and money was put into it, and I liked it a lot more.

sorry for the wall of text ;-;

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 AM

I love both the book and movie to death. I own all the books and have seen all the movies that have come out so far multiple times in the theaters. I also own the DVD to Twilight.

Jae'sta
Taelon-Human Hybrid
Send a message via Yahoo to Jae'sta

Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 AM

I hate the whole fandom. I'm sick of seeing Twilight fandom crap everywhere and hearing all these girls fawning over edward or Jacob.

Watched the movies, can't bring myself to read the books. Kristen what's her name, I haven't like in anything and personally think she's a horrid actress who looks all sorts of drugged up most of the time.

Rob...really not that good looking. Not as bad an actor as his co-star, but still could use some (alot) of work.

I hate everything Twilight. It needs to die.

La_Sexy_Chic

Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 AM

:vicky:Book:

I like it because of the story line and how they fall in love w/ each other :sweat:
I don't like bella much in the book 'cuz i mean, seriously? is she an idiot? it just makes me feel stupid just reading the book from her view... I like everyone except her.. sorry!!!!

:rawrmayor:Movie:

TOTALLY!! hate it.. Bella's ugly and Edward? nuh uh :talk2hand: he's TOOOO ugly 2 be an actor.. and y do girls fall for him? *scoffs* he looks like a fag.. no ofense.. Dx and i hate it 'cuz they change parts of it.. :angry:

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM

I really don't hate it, but it's not my favorite. I think it's too cliche for my liking.

shadowjinx

Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 AM

The book was great. They built up the plot, and the love between Edward and Bella.

The movie, on the other hand, was something I have many things to complain about. It goes too fast (which, I know, when they make books into movies, they have to make the plot go fast). Also, I can't get over my dislike for the actor for Bella. Her acting is just so bad. It seems like she has no outward feelings what-so-ever during the movie. Her facial expression never changes.
Also, in the movie, they have a lot of make-out scenes, or kissing scenes, and if I do remember correctly... In the book, Edward didn't just randomly start making out with Bella, because he had to control himself. Also, in the first movie, they disregard Bella's clumsiness, which is kinda important to her personality. They have her trip maybe once during the whole movie.

Ah... I guess that rant wasn't very well made... but maybe I'll edit it later... I have a lot of other reasons why I hate the movie, but there are too many to list.

Ferrett

Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 AM

The book was okay. Honestly I've read better but I've also read much worse. I'm not obessed with it like some of my friends. I've read them a few times but I don't have it memorized or anything.
The movies. Well about halfway through watching new moon I felt a strong desire to smack "Bella" across the face. 1. the acting is horrible and 2. that character needs a life that doesn't depend on a boy to make her live/be happy. Honestly can it get lamer? But New Moon was better than Twilight. It'd be better if the actors/actresses were a little (a lot) more enthusiastic about their roles.

Melt
Send a message via AIM to Melt

Old 12-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Can I start out by saying: Vampires don't sparkle.
I think I can, right? Right.
Can I finish by saying: The twilight saga is just the author's horrible horrible attempt at Mary-sueing herself into a teenage vampire story. The characters are bland, the writing is sub par, and well, the female lead is just creepy.

Don't even get me started on the movies, because I may just vomit.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 12-13-2009, 06:52 PM

I really liked the books.
And when I watched Twilight the Movie on opening night, I thought it was good too.
When I tried to watch it the second time with my brother, I almost threw up.
I realized that the movie was horrible and I couldn't get through five minutes of it.
It was that bad.
But now since Twilight has blown up way too much, I don't really like it as much as I used to.
I was never to the point of obsession, but I did like Twilight at one point.
It kind of creeps me out when you have girls writing "I love Edward" or "I love Jasper" on a whiteboard and they think that the character is real.
Seriously I saw someone do that in one of my classes when class was almost over.
My friend and I just looked at her and shook our heads.
Then she started eating some Twilight gummies or whatever candy it was.
It was weird and just plain sad.
:/

Stiletto Hell

Old 12-13-2009, 11:05 PM

Ugh the movie was absolutely horrible! I mean sparkling vampires? I couldn't take them seriously on how they were acting as for the book It was pretty good.

World Of Elegance
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 AM

I thought the book was okay (a different take on vampires than usual) until the end when Bella just made herself a cliche. After that I had no interest in reading any more of them. I saw the some of the movie, but agree the actress that plays Bella is as blank as the actor who played Anakin (the older one.) And the actor who played Edward always had a funny look on his face...so I'd have to say that, in general, I hate twilight...

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 AM

The whole sparkling bit could have been accepted in my mind if it weren't for Edward's whole "This is the skin of a killer!" (nearly direct quote from the book, don't have it in front of me, but it's something those lines, if not exactly it)

... for real? Sparkly skin makes you a killer? Then by god all the faeries at the Renaissance Fairs must be mass murderers!

I've already give my two bits on why I think the books are god awful though on the first page of this thread. It's all about story and character development for me and the series just lacks both... horribly.

Twisteds Princess

Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 AM

I loathe the movies and all the silly fangirls that go nuts for the characters.

Two fangirls actually went up to the actor that plays Edward and cut their wrists in front of him asking him to drink their blood.

How screwed up is that?

The books are not the best written ones but they are ok.

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbreedfox View Post
The book sucks. Characters are annoying and one dimensional. I couldn't get past chapter five of the first book. Why the hell was EVERY GUY IN THE SCHOOL falling in love with her at first sight? It's pointless. They only show up as if to conflict with Bella's inner monologue to actually make her super-ultra-gorgeous to the readers.
And what the hell is a one hundred-year-old vampire doing, falling in love with an annoying sixteen-year-old? This guy is supposed to have vast amounts of wisdom and knowledge beyond any teenager's imagination, so why would he put up with her and her ignorance? Old people are amused, at best, with really young and cocky and whiny teenagers. Never would they get clingy and emotional over their insignificant problems.
And why the hell are they attending high school to begin with?! I don't care how young they look and it's "the law" that they have to attend a school. That's what "HOMESCHOOLING" is for! If I was a 100+ year old vampire, and looked like I belonged in school, I would do the homeschooling bit and never interact with the horrible and self-centered teenagers now-a-days. I would kill them (if I was a vampire, of course). It's just such a huge plot hole to get around, I can't stand it.

The movies only make me want to kill Stephanie Myer, or the actors. This craze is horrible. A third rate movie is rivaling great and timeless movies. It doesn't belong anywhere near media attention or the public eye.
And if I hear one more girl swoon over how "hot" the guys are, I will punch them.

I am just waiting out this horrible period of American history, so the hype will pass and no one will care anymore.

P.S: Vampires that sparkle, are not vampires. They are PIXIES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae'sta View Post
I hate the whole fandom. I'm sick of seeing Twilight fandom crap everywhere and hearing all these girls fawning over edward or Jacob.

Watched the movies, can't bring myself to read the books. Kristen what's her name, I haven't like in anything and personally think she's a horrid actress who looks all sorts of drugged up most of the time.

Rob...really not that good looking. Not as bad an actor as his co-star, but still could use some (alot) of work.

I hate everything Twilight. It needs to die.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erailea View Post
The whole sparkling bit could have been accepted in my mind if it weren't for Edward's whole "This is the skin of a killer!" (nearly direct quote from the book, don't have it in front of me, but it's something those lines, if not exactly it)

... for real? Sparkly skin makes you a killer? Then by god all the faeries at the Renaissance Fairs must be mass murderers!

I've already give my two bits on why I think the books are god awful though on the first page of this thread. It's all about story and character development for me and the series just lacks both... horribly.
THANK YOU BOTH! My god...I'm not going to go into everything I think is wrong with this entire fandom because you two covered most of it. I shamefully became a fan of this series last year...but after about...book three the series just sucked. The things that I've come to notice is that Meyers has NO FUCKING CLUE about relationships at all. Edward is a fucking STALKER, and girls swoon over that about him? A good boyfriend wouldn't forbid his girlfriend from going to see a friend of hers...because *gasp* THAT'S FUCKING ABUSIVE. That's like the controlling husbands who don't let their wives see anyone, make any friends, and they move them away from their families. So that's one thing. And with the vampire villains in the first book...wtf is that about? I highly doubt that a vampire would be THAT OCD about someone they wanted to drink the blood of. I don't find that realistic at all. If I was a vampire, and there was a human that I wanted to feed on, but he/she was being guarded by a family of vampires, I wouldn't do everything I could to go after this person and drink their blood when there are a multitude of other people I could feed on. Because it's going to end in the vampire family killing me. Alright...and last problem I have is that Meyers didn't do any kind of research from what I heard. I can understand that doing research on the vampire legends is hard because there are so many different variations of the myth...but for god's sake she could have at least read Dracula...or even Anne Rice (and I'm not even a big fan of Anne Rice) or some other vampire novels or watched some vampire movies. Doing that would take a bit of time, but it would be worth it in the long run to do at least a small amount of research. And she completely fucked up the werewolf myth. I'll give you one little hint....THE WEREWOLF LEGEND STARTED IN EUROPE, NOT FROM NATIVE AMERICAN FOLKLORE, AND THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE GIANT WOLVES, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SOME PHYSICALLY HUMAN TRAITS.

alright...now that I've ranted about that...I'll say the singularly good thing about this series is the werewolves. Jacob has the most personality out of just about all the other characters...and he develops as a person as the series progresses.

But anyways, I will be happy to see this craze die, and I'll never look back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisteds Princess View Post
I loathe the movies and all the silly fangirls that go nuts for the characters.

Two fangirls actually went up to the actor that plays Edward and cut their wrists in front of him asking him to drink their blood.

How screwed up is that?

The books are not the best written ones but they are ok.
o_o;;; are you serious? wow...that is so screwed up....I'm not touching this one with a 100 foot pole...might get herpes.

Last edited by TheYaoiButterfly; 12-16-2009 at 08:28 PM..

x_cannibalisticcows
Just call me Hachiko...

Old 12-17-2009, 10:36 PM

First off, I would like to say that I neither like nor dislike T2ilight.

I began reading the books before they became mainstream, so I had time to read it a few time. I’m not some grammar Nazi, and when I read I’m not sitting there looking for comma splice errors or run on sentences...I’ll save that for English class. So, regardless on the grammar in the book I did like it at first. At first that is, reading Twilight for the first time was like a first date; you’re just getting to know each other. So, by all means if you’re a person who likes to read books once and only once you may like Twilight; it is one of those books that you can read if you’re looking at it from the surface.

Once I read it a few more times, I began to notice things. Edward, was simply a fantasy version of the boyfriend everyone wants. He was attractive, strong, smart, all those things people like. The catch was that in reality, he would be the obsessive boyfriend; and at times, obsessive to the point of abuse. He quite reminded me of Harry Potter... all whiney and such [don’t get me wrong, I adore Harry Potter...Just not the main characters. C: ]
Than Bella, I quite liked her character at first, but then I notice that she was just as clingy as Edward, and was the equivalent to every teenager who expects the world to stop turning for them when something happens in their life.

One last character I’m going to talk about is Jacob. Really? Do I need to say anything? He’s the ‘nice guy’, in reality, he would probably be quite ugly...The ‘best friend’ who would never get chosen, and always lose to the hot jock who just wants his cock sucked.
As for the sparkly vampire dilemma, it’s the authors book. Not yours, stop complaining. Know your shit before you complain about it, or else you just sound stupid. The reason she called him a vampire is because she based the book off of a dream she had where ‘Edward’ was talking to ‘Bella’ about how it was so hard for him to resist her blood. She obviously just used the term vampire to catch the interest of people.
Same with the term werewolf. Jacob and his crew of merry men aren’t actually werewolves; they are shape shifters. Jacob just tells Bella that they are werewolves to make the explanation easier. So, I don’t even want to hear/read about people complaining that they aren’t true to the werewolf myth; it’s because they are not werewolves!

What I did like about the book?
I liked Jasper, he was one of my favourite characters. Also, all the little tidbits about all the other vampires. I wish she would have expanded on the others; because some of their stories would be amazing. I would love to read a book dedicated to Jasper and the vampire wars.
I also liked Alice, and how her past was tied in with James. There are other good aspects, but I do believe I’ve talked enough about the book.

Twilight the movie was alright, considering how low-budget it was. I actually quite like the actress they chose for Bella; but I do also enjoy laughing at her facial expressions. [The facial expressions on ALL of them actually. I couldn’t get over Jasper. ‘:O’] At least the actors know they weren’t all that great.

Also, this was Twilight THE MOVIE. It’s not going to be exactly like the book. Movies rarely are. Harry Potter included. I mean, they got rid of peeves! D8! New Moon was slightly better budget wise. But seeing as it was my least favourite book –mainly because I dislike Jacob- I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first movie.

Now, like I said... If I’m not looking for an in depth, realistic novel...I’ll for Twilight. I’m not obsessed with it, but it is everywhere and hard to get away from.

And, for those who say the story line is so typical. Why, yes, yes it is. But has there been other books published in such a fantasy-way that made girls sqwee? I don’t think so. It’s just like Hanna Montana. People like /her/ because she is predictable. I don’t get what the hype about either are, but I can see the likable aspects. :]

~So, all in all. I would call it a love/hate relationship. There is probably a bunch I left out; but I’ll save it for another time. :]

vampyredolly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-18-2009, 03:06 AM

I never read the book so can't really judge but I've read so many posts about Twilight before... I don't think it would be the type of vampire book I'll read. I sort of had my share of forbidden love/vampire fluff.

I liked the movie. It's not one to be serious about. It's cliche and funny. I liked Kristen Stewart before so I wanted to see her in this. Again, it's just funny. I don't love it but I can't say I hate it.

I read a twilight fanfic and loved it. Angsty and cliche without the mentions of vampires and sparkling skin. (google: wide awake) I've more interested in fanfics than bothering to read the books.

naruto_fan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to naruto_fan

Old 12-18-2009, 06:46 AM

wow i thought i was crazy when i hated the movie twilight but loved the book the things i have about it is the actors lets start when the actor who play "bella" she is nothing like the bella in the book she seem like a mean person and not is really good with acting if ya ask me

the actor who play "edward"

ok i no the two are dating but in the movie they really show to me that they dont really like one another and people say he is so cute but ever time i see the guy he scares me -_-

the "movie"

well it took out alot of the parts i like like in the movie one or the characters i forget her name but in the movie they made her tall but in the book she was like 4"7 that just may bother me because im on the short side but...in the book it was way more romantic if ya ask me

Lilith the Ill
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Lilith the Ill

Old 12-19-2009, 02:45 AM

Hate both, 100%
I've read all the books, seen the first movie. The first movie should get an award for best unintentional comedy.

My favorite genre ever is ruined. For how long, only time will tell.
There aren't even vampires in the damn books (except for maybe James. James was badass). Vampires don't sparkle when the sun hits them. They BURST INTO FLAMES. The books were not vampire novels, they were poorly written cheesy romance novels for pre-teens. Which, I will admit, they were excellent at being. That is why I read them, for a quick easy read that was just... for fun. They had 0 to do with vampires and the themes that surround them, they promoted domestic abuse and grossly emotionally abusive relationships, they also encouraged girls to sit around on their asses and be a lump on a log, uninteresting, boring, then expect Mr. Superomgsexyawesome to just fall from the sky. Now this wouldn't bother me and I was able to forgive it while I was reading it before the waves of hysteria hit, but now that I see what this has done to young girls... I'm sickened. This is not classy literature.
Maybe it bothers me because the residual "goth" in my veins is crying out against the commercialization of these so-called vampires. Maybe I just find it immature and annoying. Maybe it is both

It's also neigh on ruining the kinky things in life. I'm not into the super fetish scene, but playtime is suppose to be fun. I'm not so sure what I can and can't say on these forums, but lets just say a girl can't indulge in certain things anymore without it being related to Twilight in some way or another, even in jest. Ugh lame. GTFO my sex life, kthx.

Enough of that, now. I can only hope all this hysteria may encourage more people to pick up novels written by Bram Stoker, or even Ann Rice.

There, that was my rant. I could keep going but I stopped myself, haha.

Skullushka
Skully

Old 12-19-2009, 06:11 AM

I've tried understanding why people flock to this series. I've honestly tried to find at least one thing positive about it. I've scoured the books (all the while hoping my fingers wouldn't burn) and sat through the movies. I've tried reading the fans' view points on the matter, and I've still come to the same conclusion. You have to have a specific mindset to like this sort of thing... I clearly don't have it. I happen to like Lestat and Louis, actual vampires, thank you very much. There are some mystical beings that aren't meant to sparkle.

Last edited by Skullushka; 12-19-2009 at 06:13 AM..

XxXTOXIC_CONDOMSXxX
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2009, 03:41 AM

Yes, the books were good. The movies however were ruined for those of us who have taken the time to read the series. I won't say I completely hated the movie though. The parts that they actually got right were great =3