Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 AM

Hi there :D
Ah. That's understandable. But. Isn't it just that she hasn't reached that part in her training yet?
I believe that she will eventually when she finds something to help channel deep within herself.
Like how she did with airbending :lol:

No no it's not crazy brain vomit :XD

Avionics
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 AM

I love The Last Airbender! when I heard of The Legend of Korra coming up the fangirl in me came out once more! :'))

Love the series to pieces! The animation is amazing and yeah :')) I just love it!

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-29-2012, 05:52 PM

That's true, that's true. Airbending is proving to be very difficult for her, so maybe it'll come in time. Some people are saying those few flashbacks that Korra saw after getting hit by Amon was Aang trying to contact her for the very first time. Since she was in danger, you would expect some sort of Avatar state/protection mechanism to kick in. Then again, Tarrok did mention that Avatar Aang stopped a similar criminal ten years ago, so this may be a reference to it...?

Korra's practicing her airbending more and more now, so I guess the spirituality part is coming to her little by little nevertheless. :sweat:

@Avionics: Me too! I've been anticipating Korra since the end of A:TLA. :squee:
The animation did get really good, too. :yes:

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Oh my goodness me either. The fangirl in me couldn't wait! :3
Now it's here the fangirl has something to look forward to every Saturday :squee:
I love the animation and voice actors. I give them a plus :heart:

@Aerrin: Mhm I thought that too. I believe she's probably getting closer to the avatar state :eager:
Thing is it's because she wasn't there when Aang stopped the criminal. How would she know the exactly moments? :O

Aang's trying to contact her :ninja:

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 AM

I know! I finally have a Saturday morning cartoon to watch religiously again. Just like how it used to be with Pokemon back in the day... ;w;

Their voices are amazing! I find every single one of them perfect for the job. :yes:

I want to hear Aang's adult voice. So. Badly. :eager:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 AM

Oh god. I don't! I'll be all; Wait. Who is this strange man in a beard? And what has he done with Aang?

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 PM

I know me too! Brings tears to my eyes *sniff*
I wonder how adult Aang sounds like too...

I think he was a criminal who was trying to do something like Amon and Aang put a stop to it.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 AM

*hands Whimsi a tissue* Let's cry in joy together. :'D
And yep, that's probably it.

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM

*happily accepts tissue* Yes, let's :3
I use to love watching shows on Saturday morning when I was younger. Korra has made my childhood happiness back :heart:

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 AM

Were they shows like WB Kids and stuff? Because that was my childhood. :yes:
Ugh it's like every Saturday makes my weekend great.

Just wondering, how do you view Asami? I see people on either side of the fence and I'm sorta in the middle. :/

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 AM

I don't like her. All my instincts are screaming "She's a chi blocker! She'll betray you to Amon! Don't trust her!"

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 05-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Mhm yessur! It was the life :3
Do you remember Xiaolin Showdown? That was one of my shows on Saturday :squee:

Blah. I do NOT really like her. One bit :talk2hand:
For some reason I don't trust her. I feel that she got close to Mako for ulterior motives.
I believe too that she'll betray Mako :angry:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM

She just has traitorous vibes, right? That's not just me?

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMG Hubby and I finally got to see the first four episodes last night (we don't have cable so we see it through other means :ninja:) and it was SOOO GOOD!

Does anyone else think that Mako and Bolin are possibly the grandchildren of Zuko and/or Toph? I mean, brothers that do completely different bending, and Mako looks a lot like Zuko in my opinion (so hot :drool:).

---------- Post added 05-02-2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

Edit: NEVERMIND. Apparently Zuko is still alive. He's not fire lord but he's some peace ambassador or something, and his daughter is current reign or something.

Source: Next 3 Locations unlocked on Nick.com Interactive site

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-03-2012, 02:00 AM

Haha, it appears that Asami isn't very well-received as a character, but I can't deny that she's gorgeous. I want to see character development so badly. :sweat:

XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN!! They're remaking that in Canada now but Warner Bros. copyrighted the title and the original voice actors can't get visas to record it, so it's going to have a different name with different voices. I hear it's coming out in 2013?

Anyway. @Key, Zuko USED to be the Fire Lord, but he stepped down and gave the seat to his daughter.
I feel like Mako and Bolin's parents were non-benders somehow. If they were easily taken down by a firebending mugger, then they must've not been really good at defending themselves? Or maybe they were trying to save Mako and got caught off-guard? Whatever it is, it must be tragic. D:

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 AM

To be fair to benders, the fire nation pretty much almost wiped out all the other benders during Aang's time. And *DID* wipe out all of the air benders, except for Aang. So I think that at least one parent was a bender. I mean, isn't the idea of the extermination that once the benders are eliminated, there won't be a way to get any more? At least, that's how it works out in my mind. I guess we'll see!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM

You'd think though, for Mako and Bolin to bend differently, one parent would have to be earth, the other fire?

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM

That's why I initially thought Toph/Zuko were related to them. But if they're of royal blood, I can't see how they would be homeless. Surely an aunt or uncle would have picked them up.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 PM

Yeah, my brain says that they're lowborn benders.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 AM

Hm. I dunno, I think it's possible for benders to come from non-benders. Like. Katara's parents weren't waterbenders but Katara developed waterbending. Also, I don't think Toph's parents were benders either. :yes:

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 AM

Katara's dad was a bender I thought...? I don't remember anything about Toph's parents though.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-04-2012, 05:23 AM

No, I'm pretty sure Katara's dad was a warrior, like Sokka. When Katara was a kid, the Fire Nation invaded the Southern Water Tribe because they heard that there was one waterbender left there: Katara. Meaning no one else at the time could've been a waterbender. :T

They never mentioned anything about Toph's parents, but I don't think they're benders personally.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 AM

Toph's parents weren't benders, but she was taught by the badger-moles. They make a big point of it.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM

I thought she was the only one left because her father went to the north pole...?

Man my memory is AWFUL.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 AM

Haha, well, it's been a while since A:TLA ended, so naturally we all have some gaps in our memory. :sweat:

And yeah, the badger moles. I just didn't want to rule out the possibility that Toph's parents might be benders, because we only see them for one episode and can't judge based on that. Just because she didn't learn from them doesn't mean they can't be benders. :o
But they probably aren't and I'm just over-thinking it. x_x