Masataka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM

I have now watched about 20 episodes. It started off kinda slow but picks up rather fast and you really get to know the characters. As stated earlier you really can not miss even a half a episode and not some what loss where you are.
The characters are done well Hiro, Peter and Claire, seem to be the main driving force but other people are really pushing the story along. I still think Nikki/Jessica part of the story has not intertwined with the rest of the story. Hopefully when that happens I will see a reason for them.

If you have the chance give it a try it will likely take about 3-4 episodes for some people to get into it, but most of the people I know that watch it like it or love it.

Para
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 AM

Apparently you aren't a fan of amazing writing when it comes to television. Heroes is the best written show on.

Once Sylar shows up the show becomes amazing. And they haven't shown 20 episodes yet in America. Unlike most shows that have the same type of idea going (it's very much like Lost in some ways) Heroes answers questions and does not leave you hanging.

If you want to see people flying and dudes getting killed you'll have to wait it out but the first couple of episodes set up everything else. Hang on until the Save the Cheerleader, Save the World storyarc and I promise it gets good.

Plus Zachary Quinto is brilliant as Sylar and totally makes the show. Best villian on television by. far. All of the actors are good and they get along with one another. It's popular in the states but at the same time it has it's little cult following. But ZQ is the balls and imo makes the show move unlike any of the other characters.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-22-2007, 05:02 AM

Yeah, Hiro is great.

Although...some of the twists are getting absurd and unrealistic. I mean, the normal population of people are very suspicious, and they wouldn't question the odd behavior? People running around with powers?

That woman for one, and her alter ego? She's just out trying to hurt people, and they don't do anything about it. Or do close to nothing it seems.

Para
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_paper_crane
I mean, the normal population of people are very suspicious, and they wouldn't question the odd behavior? People running around with powers?

That woman for one, and her alter ego? She's just out trying to hurt people, and they don't do anything about it. Or do close to nothing it seems.
Not really. It isn't as if they have used their powers out in the open. Nathan told Simone in the last episode that played here in the US that they shouldn't show people what they can do because it would be a witchhunt and they would want them dead.

He even said he'd round up people and hunt them down if he couldn't fly.

As for Jessica/Niki, Jessica is working for money from Linderman. It wasn't as if people didn't try to help Niki but it didn't work so well. >_>;;;;; I don't want to say too much because of the huge difference in where the show is given the country you are located in.

I would say if you like the show go to the american NBC website because they have all the episodes up but I don't know if that works for other countries.

Masataka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by para
Apparently you aren't a fan of amazing writing when it comes to television. Heroes is the best written show on.

Once Sylar shows up the show becomes amazing. And they haven't shown 20 episodes yet in America.
I don't know who you were refering to in your first part of this, but I'm hoping it was not me because I stated that I liked the show and that everyone shoudl give if a try. As for they have not shown 20 episodes. That is correct but if you read my post I said about 20 episodes. I apologize for not knowing the exact number but I know it's between 15-20.

I do agree with you that Zachary Quinto is amazing as Sylar and is one of the truest bad guys I have seen in a while.

cynikles
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to cynikles Send a message via MSN to cynikles Send a message via Yahoo to cynikles

Old 02-25-2007, 12:54 PM

I have become quite obsessed with the show. I can't seem to wait until the next episode. We've only just got to the episode where at the end FUTURE Hiro sees that whiny 'I wanna fly' guy and he's just about to warn him or something. I can't wait until the next episode.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 12:59 PM

I think it's going a bit slow for me... But I love Hiro, he's cool. Did anyone notice his future self can speak English really well?

partyvan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to partyvan

Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
I think it's going a bit slow for me... But I love Hiro, he's cool. Did anyone notice his future self can speak English really well?
YES.
AND HIS LITTLE SOUL PATCH LOLOLOL (the small goatee)

GOD. I FREAKING LOVE HEROES.
Like. Insanely obsessed. xD *spaz*

I like to watch it online with the cast commentary <33 Haha. You can find out so much things from it, that you wouldn't know.
And Milo (Peter Petrelli's actor) is so hot xDD <3

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 AM

The watching online thing when I go to the official sites, it says it's only available to people in the US or Canada... WTF D: </3

partyvan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2007, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
The watching online thing when I go to the official sites, it says it's only available to people in the US or Canada... WTF D: </3
Awww :( Boooo~~~ <///3

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 AM

When I watched the first two episodes though, I was really disappointed.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2007, 04:55 AM

i watched one episode and it was pretty sweet. i was sick and the price is right wasn't on xD
i enjoyed it. i'm glad it was on an hour. i havn't seen it again sense though.

Kain
*^_^*
n/a

Old 03-02-2007, 05:12 AM

I heard it's like Xmen, younger and hotter.

But personally, I doubt it lol. I prefer some degree of reality in my tv shows.

partyvan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain
I heard it's like Xmen, younger and hotter.

But personally, I doubt it lol. I prefer some degree of reality in my tv shows.
That's the thing. It IS really realistic and stuff. 'Cause they talk about genetics evolving and stuff. It's pretty cool.

@Lili: Really? Disappointed? Maybe you should 1 or 2 more eps. I remember it was a bit slow to start, but once it picked up, it was like.. soo addicting. xD Atleast, for me it was. xD

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2007, 05:45 AM

What's with that woman that has split personalities... I don't like her. D:

Kain
*^_^*
n/a

Old 03-02-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan
That's the thing. It IS really realistic and stuff. 'Cause they talk about genetics evolving and stuff. It's pretty cool.

Lol, they do sometimes. But I'm actually in a science major and a lot of the stuff they talk about is pretty inaccurate.

But as long as it entertains right? :)

Aiyana
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Aiyana

Old 03-02-2007, 06:17 AM

I LOVE Heroes. That show is so addicting it's ridiculous. :O

And that guy who plays Hiro Nakamura, Masayori Oka is so amazing in real life! *__* He's good looking and is a genius. :O He was apparently in TIME magazine as a kid and has a 180 IQ...

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyana
I LOVE Heroes. That show is so addicting it's ridiculous. :O

And that guy who plays Hiro Nakamura, Masayori Oka is so amazing in real life! *__* He's good looking and is a genius. :O He was apparently in TIME magazine as a kid and has a 180 IQ...

Are you serious!? :shock:

partyvan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan

Lol, they do sometimes. But I'm actually in a science major and a lot of the stuff they talk about is pretty inaccurate.

But as long as it entertains right? :)
Oooh~
I see.

But yeah. If I wanted facts, I'd be watching the Discovery Channel. xD

Awww Masi Okaaa <33
I didn't know he was in TIME mag when he was a kid! :shock:

Kain
*^_^*
n/a

Old 03-02-2007, 08:17 AM

True true. :)

Aiyana: You're the first I've heard to say that he is good looking.

partyvan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
True true. :)

Aiyana: You're the first I've heard to say that he is good looking.
I've only heard "cute", before. xD Talking about him.
Which he is~~ awww~~ xD *can't help but awe*

EDIT: For fans of Heroes- http://www.break.com/index/zeroes_a_heroes_parody.html

XD

ItoMaki
n/a
Send a message via MSN to ItoMaki

Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM

I love this show! They just started airing it in Malaysia. I like Isaac and Hiro most! XD Hiro is so adorable, and I think Isaac's power is sooo cool! I mean I like to draw and it would be cool if I were able to draw the future! I wouldn't have to worry about art blocks... XD

Xandborn

Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 PM

I like watching shows like "Heros" amd "Lost" but then i forget when the air times are on.. And i couldnt be bothered to look at the times :P
But mostly cause im never home D:

But heros is a great show :D

Juanalene
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-09-2007, 09:25 PM

I LOVE this show!
- Me and my hubby get together every monday night and watch it. We've watched every episode thus far and still can't get enough of it. My hubby's favorite character is Claire... because she does all the gross stuff by sticking bones back into her body and healing herself, like the time she burned her face off... Eww... so gross. I can't stand to watch her do those things but my hubby sits there and laughs....
- I like Hiro myself. He's funny, japanese, and can't time warp. So what I would do... lol!
*smiles & winks*

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-11-2007, 12:30 AM

Love Heroes, who's everyones favorite character?