Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-26-2007, 12:07 AM

He went crazy & killed his wife. :x

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
Star Wars is generally an amazing & facinating story entirely. So I don't understand at all how people could hate it. It's also cool because since many people grew up with it... people of many different ages like it. So it's not really only focused at let's say teenagers etc.
bescause it is a bland boring story, ripped from many others, that is just not at all interesting. The characters are flat and boring to me, and ntohign appeals about it to me.

I'm not the only one out there who dislike star wars.

To me it is mostly negastalag type thing, where you grew up with it, there for it has to be awesome and stays awesome.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 PM

• Well, I can't say that I grew up with it, lol, though I do understand you meaning. Personally, it's a fantasy story, there are a number of repeated ideas throughout all fantasy stories, but it's the delivery and the approach that makes it interesting, and to me, Star Wars fits that to a "T".

cynikles
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to cynikles Send a message via MSN to cynikles Send a message via Yahoo to cynikles

Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 PM

I'm not a great fan of the prequels, too much angst in my opinion. Plus if you're a fan from way back, you pretty much know all the plot twists so it's a little boring if you ask me.
70's/80's Star Wars ftw.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 PM

• I like all of the movies, though I haven't seen episodes V and VI much >.<;;.

Kiyo_Michan
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 AM

My favorite is the Empire Strikes Back, I'm a big Star Wars nerd...revel in it!

I am always so shocked when I hear people say they have only seen one, and it usually is Return of the Jedi.

The prequels aren't as good, but I think Attack of the Clones isn't too bad.

Agent
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
n/a

Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 AM

I like the remade versions.

Of course the originals are classics and will always be good.

Mnyonywaji
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 AM

Star Wars is my love of childhood... Gaah. I can still remember all that waiting for the next episode (from 1-3 I mean, I'm not that old : D)

Now I like the third the most, I think. Despite the fact, rthat polish dubbing was verry bad. I just bought non-dubbed version : )

But now I see that's not very inteligent movie... And in many parts - just badly done. Oh my.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2007, 07:03 PM

I like the old non-remastered originals, especially the very last one with the Ewoks, Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. It ended the original trilogy on a strong note.

The three newest ones are...well...not as good as the old ones in my humble opinion...too much glitz and kitsch. (Though I'm like the only person ever who liked JarJar.) Once again, I prefer the third one, in this case for it's darker and more serious feel.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurilia
I like the old non-remastered originals, especially the very last one with the Ewoks, Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. It ended the original trilogy on a strong note.

The three newest ones are...well...not as good as the old ones in my humble opinion...too much glitz and kitsch. (Though I'm like the only person ever who liked JarJar.) Once again, I prefer the third one, in this case for it's darker and more serious feel.

• I know what you mean, but I have to say I still love the new ones because they're the ones I "grew up" with, if you could say that. I've seen most of Empire and Jedi, but I haven't really caught on to them yet, so I need to see more of them XD. I do like Revenge though. I like the feel to it.

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Omg I realy love Star Wars <3
I still remember the days I played the games on the NES :'D lol!

Hmm I think my favorite ones are the first 3 that have ever been made,
I think the computer edits they used are very well done for that time... and
I grew up with those movies, and I still remember my brother was a very
big fan and had tons of toys and stuff, that he just dumped in boxes one day
when he got older, saying it is childish :'( hello? collecting = childish??!!
And episode 3, the last one that has been made. I think they did a very good
job with this one, the 1st episode was very kiddy and the 2nd one was more
a drama I was watching =/
Lol episode 3 was the first movie I went to the theater with my boyfriend :oops:

Sherezade
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 PM

I only like the old movies XD I actually loved them and couldn't wait to watch new ones, which deceived me so much ... =( I found the dialogue utterly boring, the acting sucked a lot and it even got worse in the following movies, which Anakin's and Amidala's romance .. which didn't even look like real to me.

I only found that Hayden was more comfortable in the last movie ( actual ones) when he was turning into Darth Vader.

Not to mention the ones I grew up with were the old ones, and I love Solo, Leia & Luke XP

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Definitely the Empire Strikes Back is my favorite. I confess, I've had a crush on Han Solo my entire life and I refuse to admit that Harrison Ford is much much older now. He'll be forever frozen in the age he was when he was Han Solo and Indy!

But yeah, Empire Strikes Back had such an amazing story, you saw the love between Han & Leia blossoming (I'm such a sucker for that), and it was finally a movie where it didn't leave you with a happy ending. The musical scoring for that movie is also my favorite of all 6 (though I actually like Phantom Menace's soundtrack second best). But yeah - the whole, "I love you....I know" part makes me melt every time!

I enjoyed all the movies for what they were worth. Thought the originals were better than the prequels, but enjoyed them nonetheless. It was neat seeing the worlds they brought to life with the newer technology in moviemaking (I loved Naboo! Gorgeous!) and the Padme's costumes were always fun.

Sherezade
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM

Aliena, I know! I drool everytime I hear the 'I know' Solo sentence, it's epic! I totally adore that part, he's so Solo there haha.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-21-2007, 04:18 PM

The original trilogy was badass. Exceedingly badass. I've wron my old Star Wars VHS tapes through from watching it so many times. But I'm wary of the directors cuts. Lucas kinda messed with them badly.

... like in the bar with Greedo. HAN SHOOTS FIRST. HAN SHOOTS FIRST. The edit he did to make Han seem more heroic was crap! Han's a dirty rotten scoundrel, damn it! Not some hero-type!

But the new trilogy... AUGH. Either Lucas was smoking something awesome back in the '70s that he isn't smoking now, or he's smoking something bad now that he wasn't smoking back in the '70s. They were so bad it hurt... Well, I liked Phantom Menace at first, but hey! I was 10.

Ray Park was delightful as Darth Maul, however. But I'm a huge fan of his, so I'm biased.

But I just hated how Lucas raped everything with CG. EVERYTHING. He even went back to the original trilogy and raped THAT with CG in the director's cuts. Stupid Lucas.

The only good thing about the prequel trilogy was the Clone Wars cartoon. It had SO much badassery and ass-kicking. And General Grievous was so beyond amazing. Then they made him a pussy in Episode III and I cried. ;_;

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Ray Park=To awesome for words. Dart Maul was probably the best secondary villain next to Boba Fett.

Original Trilogy FTW! I only like Episode III of the new Trilogy. =\

eig
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to eig

Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 PM

We're watching them in my Lit Legends&Lore class. P:

though, i am sorry to say, i was raised a trekkie!

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 05:56 PM

Baha. I'm a trekkie, tooo! But I love Star Wars just as much.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Truthfully, I've never understood why people get riled up about the use of CG in the new trilogy. I mean, if they'd had that kind of technology back then, they'd most likely have used it in the originals. When something's available to you that can help produce your vision better, why not utilize it? Just my opinion. :) I know graphics don't make the movie, but you have to admit...go back and watch some of the older sci-fi or fantasy movies and some of the things they did were just cringeworthy! *thinks of Clash of the Titans* Yet, back then, they seemed really cool.

Sherezade - glad I'm not the only one. ^_^ The kiss on the meteor too...

One thing, I always wondered, though. When Luke first found out Leia was his sister, think he was ever like, "Oh crap! We kissed!"
Heh heh

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Oh, I love that trilogy. Not a fan of the new ones but I totally love the old one ^^ Every of them. The character are so cool. I brings out good memories ^^
I even read the Han Solo trilogy to know a bit more on him. That was cool. I alos have the following with Mara Jade. I'm getting a bit out of the subject >.<

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
Truthfully, I've never understood why people get riled up about the use of CG in the new trilogy. I mean, if they'd had that kind of technology back then, they'd most likely have used it in the originals. When something's available to you that can help produce your vision better, why not utilize it? Just my opinion. :) I know graphics don't make the movie, but you have to admit...go back and watch some of the older sci-fi or fantasy movies and some of the things they did were just cringeworthy! *thinks of Clash of the Titans* Yet, back then, they seemed really cool.
Problem was- it didn't NEED to be done. It was all perfectly fine as it was. Lucas and the original special effects group did a FANTASTIC job with the old puppetry and models- and I'm not a huge fan of CGI abuse (okay, I hate CGI in general). Lucas abuses it to the point where it's sickening. Even now, the old costumes and puppets are more convincing than CGI half the time.

AND HAN REALLY SHOT FIRST, DAMN IT. By making Greedo shoot first in his re-going over of the original trilogy, he REALLY gave Han's character a serious blow. That was my biggest complaint. all the other messing and crap I could have tolerated with minimal bitching. BUT NOOOO. Greedo had to shoot first. And then Han had to be all good and heroic.

Think of it this way- Should I get, oh, say, Wizard of Oz and make it all CG? Hmmm? The reaction should be NO. You don't fuck with the classics. The original Star Wars trilogy are all classics, and Lucas fucked with them. Yes, they are his by rights, but that gave him no actual right. He needs to be slapped and/or knocked down a peg or two.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Definitely the Empire Strikes Back is my favorite. I confess, I've had a crush on Han Solo my entire life and I refuse to admit that Harrison Ford is much much older now. He'll be forever frozen in the age he was when he was Han Solo and Indy!
He was certainly hot back then. He's not too bad now but too old for me at this point. I would have taken much better care of Indiana Jones then that other girl did :wink: My daughter just watched the trilogy for the very first time. She had no idea....

Quote:
But yeah, Empire Strikes Back had such an amazing story, you saw the love between Han & Leia blossoming (I'm such a sucker for that), and it was finally a movie where it didn't leave you with a happy ending. The musical scoring for that movie is also my favorite of all 6 (though I actually like Phantom Menace's soundtrack second best). But yeah - the whole, "I love you....I know" part makes me melt every time!
Rewatching the Empire Strikes Back I can appreciate the story so much more. I mean hell, I saw Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of the Jedi in the theater during their original release. I remember being 11 and "walking carpet" and "lazer brain" being the biggest insults at our school. I was just a kid and it was all so new. And then Close Encounters of the Third Kind came out which was way cool back then.

I enjoyed the prequels. I can't say I'm a big fan of the kid that plays Anakin (although he is a little hottie in his own right) but maybe if he chooses to pursue acting instead of architecture he might improve and be the next leading man. Who knows.

Gawd.. I remember Clash of the Titans, Jason and the Argonauts, and Flash Gordon too. Wow... that makes me feel old. :lol:

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 11:08 PM

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I read books, collect figures, and am one of those people who beats everyone at Star Wars trivial pursuit. :P

I love the original original trilogy, and still believe changing them was just to take more money from Star Wars fans (as in they release those, most people buy them, and then they realise the real version which everyone also buys). I was saying this when they first released the changed versions. "You know, it would be a great scheme of them if they are only doing this so they will release the real ones later on. They'd make so much money." *sigh*

To me the prequils are more loosely based on Star Wars. They made money, kids enjoyed them, but they lacked the quality of the original trilogy. There weren't memorable lines (unless you were making fun of it), nothing as powerful as what Star Wars represents. CGI as we all know was completely over used. When Lucas claimed that Episode 1 was how he originally pictured Star Wars but that he couldn't do it without this new technology, all I had to say was, "Thank goodness it didn't exists." :P I think we all can agree that retconning (or however you spell it, meaning going back and changing things to make the stories work) is just lazy. You would have thought making the prequils someone would have said the obvious things, "These stories don't make sense or line up! Please, don't do this to Star Wars."

Anyways, I still like them and enjoy them, I'm just a pureist and can't accept them as true canon. But I'm like that with most EU as well. Writing a book about Star Wars does not give you authority to change things we know to be true about the movies. However, good books that don't retcon or try to change things that are canon I do consider part of the Star Wars universe. To each their own I suppose, but I hope more people agree with me on this issue.

Anybody collect the figures? I love the new concept ones, they are awesome (even though the Stormtrooper is a repaint, it's still a huge improvement)

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2007, 12:14 AM

*starry eyes and pose*
Since Christmas day in 1993 when I first saw the origional trilogy I have been a fan. I dont know what it was about the series that struck a cord in me but it did.
Im a huge collector of the books (at least until New Jedi Order) and the comics, I love the star wars comics.

I think the huge appeal for me is its ties to myth and how Lucas used a lot of Joseph Cambells ideas and just various stories to create something that is in its own way a mythic story. (My huge senior paper for college was about myth)

Also just the openess of the expandes universe, I really like how there can be other stories and other characters just as fleshed out as the main characters.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier
Anybody collect the figures? I love the new concept ones, they are awesome (even though the Stormtrooper is a repaint, it's still a huge improvement)
I'm an on-and-off collector. I only buy them if the models are good and/or of a character I really like. -le sigh- I wish a good Thrawn one would pop up, though. Thrawn is my hero.