Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier
Anybody collect the figures? I love the new concept ones, they are awesome (even though the Stormtrooper is a repaint, it's still a huge improvement)
I'm an on-and-off collector. I only buy them if the models are good and/or of a character I really like. -le sigh- I wish a good Thrawn one would pop up, though. Thrawn is my hero.
I'm sort of that way too. I spend my money on the good ones that I like, but I follow the toy collecting hobby very closely.

I was never a big fan of Thrawn, or rather Mitth'raw'nuruodo, as he is now properly refered to. The idea of Grand Admirals doesn't make sense to me, since why would there possibly be a rank higher than Grand Moff if a Grand Moff is the one running the death star. The events of the movies seem a little too important for Grand Admirals to just not appear at all. Also, everyone knows the Empire is meant to be Nazis. They are racist against aliens, and also sexist against women, though that doesn't effect this directly, it's important to point out. There are no aliens in the Empire, or else we'd see them. And George Lucas has called them Nazis himself enough that it's a canon fact. So the idea of a Grand Admiral, let alone an alien one... it just doesn't add up. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people like this character, but his entire existence is one of the reasons I hate the EU so much. I enjoy some EU, the stuff that isn't contradicted by the movies so easily, but some of it, like those books deemed Travissties (:P) are just too much for me to handle.

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2007, 04:37 PM

I collect some of the figures, I have a few older ones and then when Ep III came out I had a mind to start collecting only the politician figures, I dont know why it just seemed like a good idea at the time

aglassbucket
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to aglassbucket

Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 AM

I've seen all of them.
I like Episode 3 and Episode 2.
I love Jar Jar Binx.<3

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-06-2007, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier
I'm sort of that way too. I spend my money on the good ones that I like, but I follow the toy collecting hobby very closely.

I was never a big fan of Thrawn, or rather Mitth'raw'nuruodo, as he is now properly refered to. The idea of Grand Admirals doesn't make sense to me, since why would there possibly be a rank higher than Grand Moff if a Grand Moff is the one running the death star. The events of the movies seem a little too important for Grand Admirals to just not appear at all. Also, everyone knows the Empire is meant to be Nazis. They are racist against aliens, and also sexist against women, though that doesn't effect this directly, it's important to point out. There are no aliens in the Empire, or else we'd see them. And George Lucas has called them Nazis himself enough that it's a canon fact. So the idea of a Grand Admiral, let alone an alien one... it just doesn't add up. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people like this character, but his entire existence is one of the reasons I hate the EU so much. I enjoy some EU, the stuff that isn't contradicted by the movies so easily, but some of it, like those books deemed Travissties (:P) are just too much for me to handle.
Mm-hmm, you're right on most points. It's been stated over and over again that the Emperor was xenophobic, but Thrawn was apparently good enough at his job to make the emperor overlook that point. And so far as I know he's the only exception to the No-alien rule.

I just love the Chiss in general, though.

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2007, 05:11 AM

He unfortinutely started this idea of more women and aliens in the Empire. But anyways, it's easy enough to ignore EU that gets ridiculous. I can at least accept that Thrawn is such a big character that he can't be ignored, like Mara Jade.

I've seen a few good customs of Thrawn on rebelscum.

Ooh, I'm just so excited for the concept art figures though... I hope it's classic Han that was supposed to be a frog alien. :P

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 04-06-2007, 12:18 PM

I liked the second one. <3 The 3rd one was scary when Pamala(sp?) died. D: T___T

[Kags]
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 03:44 AM

I have to say, good job opening this thread! XD

I am such a Die Hard Star Wars Fan! Sure, I don't collect stuff, but I wish I could. Ther is just more stuff I have to worry about. I agree with some of you, the Eps 1-3 were kinda weird, I mean, yes they were good, but not as well as the 4-6. Because: Star Wars was a magical thing back 20 years ago, I mean, they didn't have the greatest Technonolgy, but look what Lucus and his crew DID! It's purely amazing.

I do have LOADS of Star Wars books, and I often get together with a friend to watch the Animated series, which might I say was well done. :D

I don't go to conventions or anything, because there aren't any around here, but I collect the Star Wars Insider, and read about the main ones in there. :D That's a good Magazine that is. If you haven't picked one up yet, I suggest you do. It's a GREAT read!

roxanne2332233
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to roxanne2332233

Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 PM

I thought it was pretty creative to make the 4, 5, and 6th first and then 1, 2, and 3. But after watching 3, I came to the conclusion that I liked 4, 5, and 6 better. Why? I have no clue..maybe I liked the plot better...O.O Haven't watched it in a while though..

vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-18-2007, 05:20 PM

growin up i luuuuuuuuuuuvd the original movies but now cant remember them. now they'v brung the new films out like them more lol its weird

ROSIE
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM

ok my life is prett much based on working........Here at work we only have a few channels......Like cinamax and HBO....all day long they play every freakin star wars movie...I used to like it but now......I don't.!!!
But my favorite character is C3PO..

Cyzzane
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Cyzzane Send a message via Yahoo to Cyzzane

Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 PM

I think the ever classic original Star Wars IV: A New Hope is my favorite. Though nothing beats the fight scene with Yoda in Clone Wars. Just too awesome. But that could be my Yoda fan-girlyness coming out of the closet.

I personally wish that they had done something different with the Star War series than attempt to do a prequel set. There are plenty of great books that they could have based ideas off of that would have worked better in the long run - I personally would have liked to have see the X-Wing saga brought to life. But again that could be my Corran Horn and Wedge Antillies fan-girlyness coming out.

VictorVonDoom
n/a
Send a message via AIM to VictorVonDoom

Old 04-20-2007, 09:13 PM

And "They" may yet. Now that episodes 1 through 6 are done, the franchise is supposed to become open. Which essentially means it'll be a breeding ground for whores, but that's beside the point. Unfortunately, I haven't taken the time to read any of the books, though I know I probably should. Chalk it up to me and being lazy, I suppose.

Deadmanwalking
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM

I like return of the jedi
episode 3 was the best out of the new ones
and i like the fight scence with darth maul from episode 1

winterrose2007
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to winterrose2007 Send a message via Yahoo to winterrose2007

Old 04-28-2007, 05:05 PM

I absolutely cannot stand any of the new movies (1,2,&3), but i absolutely LOVE the original ones(4,5,&6) they are probably my favorite moviies ever!! I think the last one is my favorite, just because i like the ewoks! They are so cute!!!!

shagbo
n/a

Old 04-30-2007, 11:38 PM

Return of the Jedi is my favourite, particularly the first half hour or so, with Jabba's Palace. I know all of Bib Fortuna's lines, because I'm a total nerd. "Day wanna wanga!"

shagbo
n/a

Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorVonDoom
And "They" may yet. Now that episodes 1 through 6 are done, the franchise is supposed to become open. Which essentially means it'll be a breeding ground for whores, but that's beside the point. Unfortunately, I haven't taken the time to read any of the books, though I know I probably should. Chalk it up to me and being lazy, I suppose.
They're creating a Star Wars television show, scheduled to be released in 2008. So they certainly are milking the franchise.

Virus
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Star wars = past it's time.

altrondragon
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to altrondragon

Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 AM

The first Three kicked ass and always will..the only thing that I still am pissed off at at is Lucas making Han shot first in the re-make of Star Wars.

THAT is so WRONG..shuold of kept it as it was and not changed a thing..but when it comes to the lightsaber fights..the ones in the prequels are the best..

jediobiwan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-10-2007, 12:27 AM

My order would have to be III, V, II, VI, IV, I. I still like them all of course, just Epi III the most. Anyone ever been to any SW events? I went to Celebration III in Indy and had a blast....wish I could do that again!

Michan Starfire
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2007, 03:31 AM

I'd have to say The Phantom Menace, the Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

I actually used to know a few words in Ewok. And yes, I know that's very, very sad. Lerdo.

OBJECTION
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2007, 08:02 AM

I've seen all six of the movies and I have to say that though I love and adore Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, I love the original trilogy better than the new trilogy.

I don't know, maybe it's because during the new trilogy I knew what was going to happen, or because the original is just more deeply intrenched in my mind, oor what, but I just love it more than the new trilogy.

Aisha Woku
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 11-10-2007, 09:20 AM

My favorite is Return of the Jedi. I have seen them all and I would have to say the orginal three are way better than episodes I-III. I think Episode II is my least favorite; I’ve seen it several times but can’t seem to remember half of what went on. >.< It just wasn’t that memorable. I still have yet to have my Star Wars movie night, though my friends keep promising me that we will have one. >.< I really need to buy the boxed sets too… Hmm… something else to put on my Birthday/Christmas lists. : )

Katana warrior
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2007, 03:23 PM

So here I am absolutly boared out of my skull at school in the library when I think i know i'll ask everyone their fav star wars character. So then whats your fav star wars character. Mine is i tie between three Luke Skywalker (well i would say that because Luke my name lol.) Darth vader (i just think he's pretty cool) or Darth Maul (I like the duel saber lol.)
So then what is yours come on spill or is it a deep dark secret lol.

`Ecstasy
Send a message via AIM to `Ecstasy Send a message via MSN to `Ecstasy Send a message via Yahoo to `Ecstasy

Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Yes, I'm also at the school libray.. It'm uber bored.. D': Anyways.. My favorite charcter? Um... R2D2? Lol.

o 3o

Tre Le Coco

Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 PM

jar jar binks!