Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 PM

My hubby and I are counting the days towards the Christmas special. I am very curious to see how Season 4 will be.
(Omg that rhymes XD)

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Aquatica Send a message via MSN to Aquatica Send a message via Yahoo to Aquatica

Old 08-11-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae
I'm not looking forward to Catherine Tate being the new assistant :? i liked Martha, but we shall have to wait and see wont we?
i wonder if this will be David Tennant's last season as the Doctor, i believe it will.

I'd heard a nasty rumour that the show was going to be scrapped..
That's a lie put out by the Sun. Along with the one that David's leaving. He might be leaving, it hasn't been said if he will or not yet.

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 08-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Yes, apparently there is a rumour that this upcoming season will be the last for David Tennant, whether that's true or not still remains to be seen.
I know actors always worry about being typecast, or only known for one role so I cant see him playing the Doctor forever.

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-12-2007, 05:52 AM

Ohyes, you've got me started on my favorite fandom. x3

I don't really know why, but the Ninth is my favorite Doctor. And I despise the Tenth. D: Despise him~ Don't ask me why, but I do~

But on a better note, the older series is fabulous. I adore all of Doctor who. :3

Para
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2007, 08:12 AM

The reason people are saying that it's going to be Tennant's last season is because Russell T. Davies is rumored to be stepping down after this season as well and so Tennant would be going with him.

The actor rumored to be the next doctor is James Nesbitt. Of course all rumors!

Anyway while I totally enjoy and love Tennant, Eccleston is a better actor and was a better Doctor. I like Martha the most out of all the companions so far. I've only just gotten into Doctor Who so I still have to check out the horribly old episodes.

Feurity
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-15-2007, 06:54 PM

I like it, but since SciFi moved it to the eight o'clock slot on Fridays I might not be able to see it this week. *sob* I love David Tennant in all his roles- Barty Crouch Jr to the Doctor? LOVE~- and if he does go I might have to cry about it. I haven't seen the end of season 2 yet but I'm almost up to date on season 3 (the episode I missed last week...).

I'm remarkably tolerant of ripoff episodes as long as I can relate to a character, and Tennant makes it so EASY to relate to the Doctor that I don't have a problem at all~ In the second Daleks-In-1930s-New-York episode, I cried. And then I laughed, because the way the Daleks talk amuses me to no end. (At all.) Then I walked around the next day talking like a Dalek. (and laughing).

There is no end to my immaturity, it seems, but it serves me well when watching TV shows.

Para
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 PM

I don't know. Tennant isn't very....Doctor like at times? I don't know how to explain it. Do I like him? Of course! Just he's not my favorite Doctor and so many people seem to think he's the best. :[

If he does leave I think I'll die if Nesbitt becomes 11. He would be ~so wonderful~ in that part. He really, really would. My fingers and toes are crossed for him.

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to life in red and black Send a message via Yahoo to life in red and black

Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 PM

I have a vague word in my head when I hear someone talk about Dr. Who. tv show, right?

uh, I remember something about Dragonfire... dunno.

I don't watch it but I remember researching the band, couldn't find a wiki, except Dragonfire the show with Dr. Who.

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Aquatica Send a message via MSN to Aquatica Send a message via Yahoo to Aquatica

Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Suika - How can you hate Ten-ich?!

Para - Well, all the Doctor's are different. If you saw nine first, you may have that Doctor in your head, and therefore see ten as not being doctorish. But if you watch the other doctors, you'll see how different they all are.

And I've been watching the old episodes on UKTV gold, and I have to say...I don't really like Tom Baker. I don't hate him, but I would have expected alot more from the guy who's meant to be "the" Doctor. I've jumped on the bandwagon of hating Ace - though seven isn't as bad as I thought he would be - and I hate Peri too. But I LOVE five, he's so sweet! I'm watching the episode where he regenerates, and I was sitting there going "please don't regenerate, please don't regenerate". He manages to have David's "squee" factor, without David's good looks. It's weird thinking I've met him, and my bro's filmed with him. I MUST watch the signed tape of one of his DW eps we have soon.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:19 AM

Wee~ I know this thread is kinda old, but oh well!

Thank you, Suika, for introducing me to the world of Doctor Who! It sounded lame at first and I was hesitant to give it a try, but it's so~amazing and creative and sfjkdyh. Of course, I've only seen the ones aired on BBC America, but I hope to broaden my horizons soon. 8D

Woot for Doctor Who! <333

Stella Montoya
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Woohoo! Dr. Who! All hail David Tennant!

I honestly envy all of you who live in Great Britain...you guys get the first look at both the Christmas special and Season 4! Lucky!

This new season should be awesome. I find Catherine Tate hilarious and while Donna, her character, may be a bit slow on th uptake, she is definitely no pushover.

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 PM

I've been a Doctor Who fan since I was a little kid. My family would tape all the episodes that came out on WTTW here in the US so we've got a pretty big collection of the original series. I was so happy to hear they were bringing the series back (I used to write to WTTW after they canceled showing the series to bring it back, picture a 10 year old writing in crayon and that was little nike's protest).

Eccelson did a great job but I think I like Tennant better ^^ He's softer, still has eccentricities of the other doctors but I would prefer to travel with him.

I'd have to say my favorite doctors are Tom Baker (the 4th), Sylvester McCoy (the 7th), and David Tennant (current). Second favorite goes to Jon Pertwee (the 3rd), he was a really nice man on top of being the Doctor ^__^

Least favorite is Paul McGann, he just did not come across like the Time Lord I had grown up to love. It was probably just the fault of Fox and Spielberg though cause I've listened to him in audio CDs and he's grown on me.

Anyone here go to Doctor Who conventions? I've been going since I was 8 or 9 to the Visions Convention in Chicago until they shut down. Still go to cons but they aren't nearly as fun because the funding got cut after Visions and its Doctor Who only (the old con would have people from Blake's 7, Babylon 5, Star Trek, and others) which brought more people/dealers/guests.

Bururian

Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 PM

I've only started watching Dr. Who this year, because it was coming on before Stargate: Atlantis every Friday night. I really liked it from what I saw, and only yesterday I marathoned the Christopher Eccleston Dr. Who series yesterday. It was most wonderful, and it just makes me want to watch the David Tennant Dr. Who series all over again.

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Doctor Who coming to Scifi Friday definitely made my Friday nights worthwhile, I was feeling sad when Stargate SG-1 got cancelled but now I get Tennant-goodness ^__^ Also found out that BBCAmerica is running the Eccelson episodes and Torchwood (spin-off with Captain Jack) so I get even more good episodes.

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 11-08-2007, 03:30 AM

i've been watching it on and off, not in any order, but i get the jist. i watch torchwood more xD there's actually a website that has links to all the seasons, i keep meaning catch up, but i never get a chance >.>

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 AM

Angel loves dr Who. Yeah she loved the 60's ones too :P

I think (read Know) my favourite doctor is Tom Baker! How could it not be?

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 11-08-2007, 09:17 PM

actually, i like christopher ecclestons version xD idk, maybe because his was only for one season. and he wasn't too goofy xD

Servant_of_Victory
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Yay for another Tom Baker fan ^^ He was good, very kind. *hands Angel some jellybabies*

Eccelston was good, a nice choice for the Doctor. He helped bridge the gap between those of us who had watched the original series and the new generation of Doctor Who viewers. I was disappointed though that he only stayed for one season, partly because that used up 1 of the Doctor's regenerations after a ridiculously short amount of time. Such a waste.

juno rally
*^_^*

Old 11-17-2007, 11:17 AM

tom, john, david and chris.

my favorate doctors in that order. not may people that liked the old ones thought that chris was a good doctor but i have to say, looking back at the actors that were picked since the legend that is tom baker they did a good job picking him as he was a difference that was needed, tho it was odd to get use to at first.

the one thing i dont like however is how the doctor seems to fall in love with every female partner he meets.

oh and as for the doctors regenarations its not set in stone that its 12, the master for one has (i think) reganarated 15 times. i may be wrong with the actuall amount but i know its more than 12. infact the master had the option to regenarate again (and most liky did, i for one dont belive he is dead :P, that or its the time lady Rani.... but she isnt as good, so to say, as the master!).

i think that the plot line will think of some way that the doctor will live again, probably with 13 lives just the average and that many live lords have fewer or more lives than it. to me this would make sence of the regenaration proccess of all time lords because even as a kid ive wondered why its 13 lives exactly.

(btw i say it would make sence in the most broudest way, after all little can make sence in a setting like this lol)

OH! just seen Paul McGann is classed as being one of dc who's lives. personally i dont think he was because he was only there in the film and not the tv show.

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Ok I have been a huge fan of this series since I was a kid. I saw it for the first time on PBS and I got hooked on it.
I love the fourth doctor and the new one that they are showing on Sci-fi.
It has action, adventure, and funny moments here and there. Oh and I had a chance to met the 5th doctor when he came to Dragon Con and go a signed autograph for my mom(she likes him) :D
Anyway what is your favorite doctor and episode?

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Manseutus Send a message via MSN to Manseutus Send a message via Yahoo to Manseutus

Old 02-03-2008, 09:44 PM

so far i only know who the first and tenth one are and i like the tenth the best and i liked the season finale episode the most. Titanic + tartus = O_O

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-03-2008, 09:57 PM

Which doctor is the current one in America? I always forget how many seasons behind you guys are.

My favourite doctor has to be the longest serving doctor in the history of the show. The doctor who first met Davros. Who travelled with Sarah Jane Smith, who produced K-9 mark II after leaving the origional on Gallifrey with Leela (not just a name on futurama)and who is known by most people as "That one with the scarf". Yep the fourth doctor, Tom Baker.

He was known as the doctor from 1974 to 1981. He is the best doctor and has only lost that poll twice: once to Sylvester McCoy (the Seventh Doctor) in 1990, and once to David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor) in 2006.

Plus he really likes Jelly Babies. *nod nod*

Not that I watch much Doctor Who...

I've been watching Doctor Who since I was a child and even caught a few of the origional doctors episodes. Of course the very first episodes were lost in the BBC fire and I believe there are no copies left to date.

My favourite companion was Sarah Jane, although I did like Rose Tyler. But the two companions after Rose? *sobs* What? Could they not find someone who could act? That black bird made my skin crawl every time she opened her mouth. Such a BAD actor! I hated her in her first appearance and smiled when she died. How they had the nerve to cast her again...? And the "am I bovvered" chick...? Enough to make me not want to watch it!

Memorable moments include the darleks Vs the Cybermen! Like there was any contest? As much as I love the cybermen the Darleks were so obviously better. "Oooh let's assimilate the Darleks" "pft *beam weapon* what threat?" *shakes head* but it was good fun. AND who can forget the episode where the Darleks EVENTUALLY tackled stairs?!?!?! Biggest audience EVER no doubt.
I still love the face of Boe! I know he'll probably never return but he was wonderful!

And for those who don't know who the doctors are, here's an image I found...
Clockwise:
1st William Hartnell
2nd Patrick Troughton
3rd John Pertwee
4th Tom Baker
5th Peter Davison
6th Colin Baker
7th Sylvester Mckoy
8th Paul McGann
9th Christopher Eccleston
10th David Tennant.

I liked the Titanic Episode.

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayms_fallen_angel
Which doctor is the current one in America? I always forget how many seasons behind you guys are.

My favourite doctor has to be the longest serving doctor in the history of the show. The doctor who first met Davros. Who travelled with Sarah Jane Smith, who produced K-9 mark II after leaving the origional on Gallifrey with Leela (not just a name on futurama)and who is known by most people as "That one with the scarf". Yep the fourth doctor, Tom Baker.

He was known as the doctor from 1974 to 1981. He is the best doctor and has only lost that poll twice: once to Sylvester McCoy (the Seventh Doctor) in 1990, and once to David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor) in 2006.

Plus he really likes Jelly Babies. *nod nod*

Not that I watch much Doctor Who...

I've been watching Doctor Who since I was a child and even caught a few of the origional doctors episodes. Of course the very first episodes were lost in the BBC fire and I believe there are no copies left to date.

My favourite companion was Sarah Jane, although I did like Rose Tyler. But the two companions after Rose? *sobs* What? Could they not find someone who could act? That black bird made my skin crawl every time she opened her mouth. Such a BAD actor! I hated her in her first appearance and smiled when she died. How they had the nerve to cast her again...? And the "am I bovvered" chick...? Enough to make me not want to watch it!

Memorable moments include the darleks Vs the Cybermen! Like there was any contest? As much as I love the cybermen the Darleks were so obviously better. "Oooh let's assimilate the Darleks" "pft *beam weapon* what threat?" *shakes head* but it was good fun. AND who can forget the episode where the Darleks EVENTUALLY tackled stairs?!?!?! Biggest audience EVER no doubt.
I still love the face of Boe! I know he'll probably never return but he was wonderful!

And for those who don't know who the doctors are, here's an image I found...
Clockwise:
1st William Hartnell
2nd Patrick Troughton
3rd John Pertwee
4th Tom Baker
5th Peter Davison
6th Colin Baker
7th Sylvester Mckoy
8th Paul McGann
9th Christopher Eccleston
10th David Tennant.

I liked the Titanic Episode.
You seen season 4 already?
I just finished watch season 3 on Sci-fi and I heard they are planning to bring season 3 here later on this year.
Oh it the 10th doctor David Tennant they are showing here.
Did you have a chance to see the youtube thing that they did with David Tennant and Peter Davison.
Here is the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPaZ-Ysq2wM

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 PM

Well as Doctor Who is a British thing it makes sense that I've seen more than you as I'm British. See the BBC owns the rights to Doctor Who. Whatever channel in America is showing it then has to buy the right to air it from the BBC. This takes a while.

And season three was still with Hartnell I believe...
But by season three I think you really mean the second season with the tenth doctor? And Martha Jones? Yeah I've seen that. And I've seen the first episode of the fourth season. The first episode of the fourth season was the Christmas special with titanic "The Voyage of the damned". I don't know why they show the first episode of the season seperatly to the rest of the season though. But that's what the BBC has it listed as.

The fourth seasons companion is the woman from the runaway Bride from what I've heard.

No I haven't seen it I don't think and no I can't check it out.

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-04-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayms_fallen_angel
Well as Doctor Who is a British thing it makes sense that I've seen more than you as I'm British. See the BBC owns the rights to Doctor Who. Whatever channel in America is showing it then has to buy the right to air it from the BBC. This takes a while.

Yes I can't wait to see what happens to the doctor and why he ran into the TITANIC.

Quote:
And season three was still with Hartnell I believe...
But by season three I think you really mean the second season with the tenth doctor? And Martha Jones? Yeah I've seen that. And I've seen the first episode of the fourth season. The first episode of the fourth season was the Christmas special with titanic "The Voyage of the damned". I don't know why they show the first episode of the season seperatly to the rest of the season though. But that's what the BBC has it listed as.
Well they will show that soon where I live, I saw trailers for it on the site and I can't wait to see it.

Quote:
The fourth seasons companion is the woman from the runaway Bride from what I've heard.

No I haven't seen it I don't think and no I can't check it out.
No,that was the start of the third season here in the US. It's on the Sci-fi.com site: http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho/